[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Imagine if Luke had fought Vader in ANH..... and won.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: tumblr_nrnxgwGOEA1trqjmno1_500.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrnxgwGOEA1trqjmno1_500.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
Imagine if Luke had fought Vader in ANH..... and won.
>>
tbqhwy it would have been believable

vader was tired after fighting obi-wan
>>
star wars is not an anime
muh fights
muh powerlevels
prequel babies fucking sucks
>>
File: 1450765532529.jpg (72 KB, 709x765) Image search: [Google]
1450765532529.jpg
72 KB, 709x765
>>63983956
>>
>>63984098
You've completely missed the point. The main antagonist has been shown to not even be a challenge to the protagonist in the first installment of a movie trilogy.
>>
>>63984456
haha it's okay

in the next film Snoke will fight Luke and kill him which will be a big cliffhanger :^)

then Kylo will turn to the light side so Rey can escape and they will team up in part 3 :^)))
>>
Yeah. Instead, Han fought Vader and won. And Luke blew up the Death Star, right after 2 pilots with way more experience than him just failed.
>>
File: 1348265803614.jpg (79 KB, 315x315) Image search: [Google]
1348265803614.jpg
79 KB, 315x315
>>63984456
>not even be a challenge
>took 4 people to knock him on his ass

you powerlevel fags are the worst
>>
>>63984098
Then why did JewJew make TFA an anime
>pause mid fight to focus
>go super sayan
>>
>>63984566
>4 people
I honestly can't fathom what hoops you're jumping through right now.
>>
Instead of a younger Han Solo shooting Vader the experienced ace pilot right, right?
>>
>>63984098
>muh fights
>muh powerlevels

these where kinda implied in the ot though
>>
File: 1348107030583.jpg (791 B, 195x195) Image search: [Google]
1348107030583.jpg
791 B, 195x195
>>63984575
>Luke uses the dark side to go full ham on a completely normal Vader in ROTJ, knock him on his ass and cut off his hand
>OMG BEST DUEL EVER!! SO EPIC!!

>Rey uses the force to simply repel an injured Kylo and knock him on his ass
>WTF!!! ASSPULL!!
>>
>>63983956
>>63984293
Dumb frogposter.
>>
>>63984530

Han blindsided him while Vader was intensely focused on Luke, not much of a fight.
>>
>>63984641
Han, Chewie, Finn, Rey
>>
>>63984575
What, you didn't like it when she activated her ultra? Do you hate video games or something?

I bet you didn't even like it when Anakin entered TWIN SABER ASSAULT MODE in episode 2. That was so much fun!
>>
>>63984652
Vader piloting a ship at all was the dumbest part of the movie to be quite honest with you my family.

It was so jarring I wanted to walk out of the theater.
>>
>>63984682
Why are people who have no idea about star wars not able to restrain from sharing their worthless opinions
>>
>>63984456

Much like how padawan kenobi singlehandedly defeated the main antagonist in The Phantom Menace, from the lowground. :^)
>>
>>63984748
>got BTFO

the final duel is great, but powerleveling star wars shit is awful and autistic
>>
>>63984666
Not really, only that the Emperor and Vader, who had been training by that point for decades, were more powerful than Luke. The Emperor was implied to be stronger than Vader, but he's the fucking emperor so of course he has power over his enforcer.

Obi-Wan takes the fall intentionally so nobody gets a sense of whether he is a higher power level, and Yoda never fights anyone and says wars not make one great. Fanboys made up power levels and ran 'what ifs' but there was nothing in the OT that implied Yoda or Obi-Wan were weaker or stronger than their Sith counterparts.

The only power level in question is Luke's because we get to watch him develop from a brat farm boy into a Jedi, like his father before him.

Midichlorians and a plethora of Jedi in the prequels were what truly started powerlevel wankery.
>>
>>63984748

He's right though. Luke only beat Vader in RotJ because he used anger, a forbidden emotion among jedi because it corrupts. The sith use it, that's why they're more powerful than the jedi despite having a much smaller number of soldiers.

Rey uses the force on Kylo because she's an amazingly powerful force user, possibly moreso than Luke OR Vader, and Kylo is still just an apprentice. Natural talent > small amount of training. Maybe if Kylo had been more experienced he could have countered her force.
>>
>>63984752
Protip: Pointing out how similiar TFA's ending is to TPM's ending does not help your case.
>>
>>63983956
Vader wasn't supposed to be a wannabe poser, Kylo is a wannabe poser.
>>
>>63984855
>The only power level in question is Luke's because we get to watch him develop from a brat farm boy into a Jedi, like his father before him.

thats exactly what I'm talking about
>>
>>63984891
Yeah that was my point(s) exactly, thank you

Rey uses the force on Kylo because she's a Mary Sue
>>
>>63984682
>Luke, who spent most of the last movie and all of the time between movies training is still a poor match against the villain until he starts delving into the dark side
>looks into the abyss and turns away, realizing that he had fallen for the trap Yoda warned him of and had taken the easy path to victory

>Rey pauses mid fight to mediate and enter MIDICHLORIAN MASTERY MODE while in a saber lock then kicks this guys ass without drawing on the dark side
>the movie makes it incredibly clear that she was centering herself and not just pissed off and drawing on her darkness to destroy her enemies.

These fights may appear similar to someone who wasn't paying attention, but they were different.
>>
Kylo isn't Vader. He's just a fanboy
>>
>>63984891
Luke had been trained by Jedi Masters as well as himself for years up to the point at which he managed to best Vader.

Rey, on the other hand, had only heard of the force a few ours ago.

>she's an amazingly powerful force user, possibly moreso than Luke OR Vader
This is circular logic, not a justification.
>>
>>63984752
Well it helps when your enemy just kind of sits there as you flip over him and stares at you dumbfounded as if he didn't know Jedi could jump really high as you fucking bisect him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgRLAI02Tow

Look at 18 seconds, he has like two full seconds to defend himself and instead he just sits there like "Uhh.... the script says I die here, so I guess I'll just sit and stare at you."
>>
>>63984456
>main antagonist

No way in hell Kylo Ren will be the main antagonist.
>>
>>63985073
"I can't believe you jumped that high... I haven't seen someone jump like that since you jumped three times that height in the last scene."
>>
>>63985075
All we've got is him, Snoke and Mr. Nazi. They could introduce another main antagonist, but it seems they want to go the OT route which would put Kylo Ren in Vader's slot.
>>
File: 1442344504441.jpg (99 KB, 659x659) Image search: [Google]
1442344504441.jpg
99 KB, 659x659
>>63985073
That's exactly how Anakin got BTFO in episode 3

Spinning is only a good trick for the light side it would seem
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.