[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FUCK THE FANS. There. I said it. I don't care how much
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Marriott_crowd[1].jpg (77 KB, 548x365) Image search: [Google]
Marriott_crowd[1].jpg
77 KB, 548x365
FUCK THE FANS.

There. I said it. I don't care how much you like my movies. I don't care if you have the poster on your bedroom wall or if you bought toys based on the characters.

STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO.

I write my movies for the general audience, not for you handful of arrogant, socially insulated autists without a creative bone in your bodies. I write movies for people who want to sit and be entertained for an hour. Not people who are going to latch on to my work (a literal object) and act like it's a part of their identity, like liking it or hating is some kind of badge expressing who they are. I don't care who you are. I don't care if you pick apart the movie and criticize every little choice everyone made. I don't care if you jerk off to it. It isn't about you.

I write my movies for ME. That's right. ME. This might surprise you, but I script things that I'D like to see, things that I think would be cool, things that interest ME. I don't work for you. I create to entertain myself. Your opinions on how my work should have been just bore me. Why would I write something that bores me?

I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK.

I don't care what you want, what you'd like to see, what you think should have happened instead. You think you know everything? Okay. Go make a movie. But you won't do that. Because you're a coward.

I've seen so many shows and movies ruined because the creators decided to pander to "the fans." That's how you end up with unadulterated SHIT like superhero movies or romcoms written by focus groups. If you enjoy that garbage, kill yourself. You don't love movies.

I have a vision. Take it or leave it.
>>
>>63980962

>I write my movies for the general audience

>I write my movies for ME

Which one is it George?
>>
>>63981035
I am the general audience. I'm the everyman, not a fanatic dork. I can recognize my own quirks and write to please myself while still keeping things interesting for joe blow off the street.
>>
>>63980962
>I write my movies for ME

Well they dont fund movies for you, m8. Thats how it works.
>>
>>63980962
>There. I said it.
If your 2nd sentence is going to be that cliched then I guess your imagination is pleb enough for Joe Blow
>>
>>63981111
If you can't convince producers that at least YOU want to see the movie, they won't even bother considering it in terms of quadrants.
>>
>>63981226
>his anonymous 4chan post is indicative of the quality of his professional work

Get a load of this spazoid. Oh, and fans aren't the elite. They're the dregs.
>>
>>63981305
didn't say it was indicative of your professional work. You made a personal statement with your own voice and your voice is pleb af
>>
>>63980962
>I write my movies for ME. That's right. ME.

that's not your job though. you get paid to write movies for me. do your fucking job you worm.
>>
>>63980962
>I've seen so many shows and movies ruined because the creators decided to pander to "the fans." That's how you end up with unadulterated SHIT like superhero movies or romcoms written by focus groups. If you enjoy that garbage, kill yourself. You don't love movies
this 2bh senpai
>>
>>63980962
>I write my movies for the general audience,
You don't write movies at all, kid.

Now back to
>>>/r/eddit with you.
>>
File: wheres_mah_cock-skin.jpg (43 KB, 359x344) Image search: [Google]
wheres_mah_cock-skin.jpg
43 KB, 359x344
>>63980962
these aren't the sequels we're looking for
>>
>>63982514
>reddit on the mind

helloooo reddit!
>>
>>63980962
Go to bed Max
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.