[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Five minutes into the film, when Poe is first captured and brought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: poe.jpg (1 MB, 2179x2905) Image search: [Google]
poe.jpg
1 MB, 2179x2905
Five minutes into the film, when Poe is first captured and brought before Ren, there's a moment where Poe looks at him and says "So do you talk first? Or me?"
THAT'S what was missing from the prequels. A character who wisecracks. A Han Solo type. Someone we can identify with because he's human and says human things.
I was so delighted with that small moment right at the top, telling the audience that this wasn't going to be all self-serious and bloated like the PT was.
>>
Bravo Reddit!
>>
>>63979028
Fucking THIS!

It reminded me of Chris Pratt's character in Guardians of the Galaxy actually. Hopefully the rest of the new Star Wars movies will be just as fun and memorable as that film, instead of boring like the prequels.
>>
>>63979166
Dumb nigger

>>63979028
That's true. It managed to feel like it had a sense of fun to it. Not that shit about Trade Routes.
>>
>>63979238
Poe was less goofy than Starlord and way more badass.
>>
>>63979238
You may have unleashed hell, and doomed OP's thread.
>>
File: reddit.png (35 KB, 1064x253) Image search: [Google]
reddit.png
35 KB, 1064x253
>>63979028
>>
Really, from that moment on was when I understood that this was a movie that no one ever felt needed to be made but was made because cash is king.

I felt it was one step from breaking the fourth wall, I honestly thought at any moment one of the characters is going to look into the camera and wink at the audience.
>>
>>63979342
You visit reddit?

Fuckin' hypocrite retard
>>
>>63979342
>Reddit top posts have good opinions

I fail to see the point you're trying to make, anon. Anything that gets 2000 upvotes on Reddit should be considered agreeable material by any sane person.

Give up your dumb little crusade, the prequels were shit.
>>
Absolutely disagree. The capeshit level comedy completely ruined the suspense the movie was building. It's possible to display the comedy of a character without doing this. In IV, Leia comments on Vader's height IIRC. This showed she wasn't intimidated and was taking jabs at Vader. Poe's line was there to make the audience laugh, not to establish anything. It was totally inconsistent.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.