[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will 2016 Be The Worst Year For Movies Yet?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: w1280_The_Critic_backdrop.jpg (34 KB, 780x439) Image search: [Google]
w1280_The_Critic_backdrop.jpg
34 KB, 780x439
>Star Trek Beyond = shit
>Ghostbusters = shit
>Batman v Superman = shit
>Independence Day Resurgence = shit
>TMNT Out of the Shadows = shit
>Warcraft, Assassin's Creed, Alice Through The Looking Glass
>shit shit shit

If there is any sanity in the world all these will bomb. We can only hope they do but I have little faith in the discretion of the movie going public who just want to get out of the sun and eat popcorn for dinner.
>>
>>63977580
Warcraft might be ok, Duncan Jones isn't incompetent. Thank god I'm not a fan of Warcraft, tho.
>>
>>63977580
Highly marketed movies are rarely any good. Unless you only watch movies with over $100mil budget that doesn't mean anything.
>>
>>63977639
I dunno when has a video game film adaptation ever, EVER been good? Mortal Kombat and maybe Silent Hill (even though a lot of people hate that one for some reason) Odds are wildly against the Warcraft movie's favor.
>>
>I only know of big blockbuster movies

what else is new /tv/?
>>
>>63977721
Silent Hill is about as good as a SH adaptation could've been. Doom is not bad either although differs wildly from the video game.
>>
>>63977720
When was the last time you went to go see a thought provoking, small budget film?
>>
>>63977796
I get a feeling the Warcraft movie will be about on par with the Dungeon Seige movie.
>>
How can we stop Ghostbusters?
>>
>>63977943
>How can we stop Ghostbusters?
You can't at this point. If you think even hoping that it bombs and is forgotten will be a victory it isn't. That will only mean we won't get a good new Ghostbusters entry for another 20 years when Sony decided to see if it's profitable again.
>>
>>63978065
Has the male reboot been canceled or not? Also, they delayed the trailer which we were supposed to get this week.
>>
>>63978229
I haven't heard anything about it but I think Sony already knows they have a turkey on their hands with the female reboot. I believe one of the cast has already been going around flapping her mouth about how shitty it is. So they may have quietly shelved their plans for a *sigh* Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe
>>
>>63978424
That's really fucking sad. Well, at least there's the video game.
>>
File: 908_a.jpg (7 KB, 200x150) Image search: [Google]
908_a.jpg
7 KB, 200x150
>>63978525
More sad than if they did make another all male Ghostbusters film just so they could have an Alvin & The Chipmunks vs Chipettes style competition in their eventual crossover because every film studio is so fucking pathetically desperate to recreate Disney/Marvel's success?
>>
>>63978713
It kind of worked in the comics against the Ghost Smashers so...
>>
>>63979010
The Ghost Smashers didn't have their own series so they could double the fan service sales in their competition crossover
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.