[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we all agree that the CGI for Snoke was fucking dreadful?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: star-wars.jpg (163 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
star-wars.jpg
163 KB, 612x380
Can we all agree that the CGI for Snoke was fucking dreadful? Why can't they use puppets or makeup? It's not like a man in a suit wouldn't have worked.
>>
According to Serkis his size and the way the inside of his face is caved in made it impossible to do with makeup. Unfortunately you couldn't even really see his caved in face because of the lighting because JJ either didn't like how it turned out or he's saving the reveal for later. The size thing makes it sound like that wasn't a hologram in the movie but maybe they just didn't tell Serkis.
>>
>>63975716
Unless the caved-in faced has some importance, why even bother? I mean, if they wanted some sort of non-human villain, why not animatronics, puppets etc? CGI is fucking lazy and it shows here.
>>
>>63975590
I would have much preferred some cgi "makeup" like Two-face in dark knight. Snoke was my least favorite part of the movie. Also the holonet not looking 'holo' pissed me off a little.
>>
>>63976316
Do you know what pissed me off?
>>
>>63975590

Can you show us Snoke ?
>>
>>63975590
The CGI for Snoke was no worse than any of the CGI used for the Emperor's Holograms in the OT.

IDK why this is such a point of contention with people. I literally just finished watching the movie and Snoke ONLY appears via hologram.
>>
It was not CGI for Snoke, though. But CGI for the hologram of Snoke.
>>
>>63976731
what
>>
CGI HAS KILLED CINEMA

"You can't do that with make up!"
Of course you fucking can, and better. Make up, puppets, animatronics, much more mild use of mocap and cgi, all of that is fucking possible and has evolved as well along with the evolution of CGI. You can use lightning effects, and the right cuts and timing to make the best use of the effects you are employing. Do not fall for this ridiculously pathetic excuse, it's just much easier for those lazy fucks to do it this way and kids these days have no idea of what they are missing.
>>
>>63977333
When you wipe your arse and your finger goes through the paper.
>>
>>63977153
Because that shit is like thirty years old and Snoke could have looked better through many other ways
>>
File: tumblr_n5vofflD4h1tcueg0o4_400.jpg (78 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5vofflD4h1tcueg0o4_400.jpg
78 KB, 400x533
>>63975590
this is a complete cop out.

>b but it cant be done without CGI
bullshit.

Fucking Terminator Salvation had actors in T600 suits and green screen effects to make them look like robots
Robocop remake used CGI to make him look impossibly thing so it didnt look like a guy in a suit.

If they wanted Snoke to be some tall, skinny, long arm dude, they could have easily used a combination of practical effects, and some CGI to do the "impossible"

I dont know what they got planned for the next film, but what was shown this time around, there was no need to CGI.
>>
>>63977691
intermixed CGI and CGI aided practical effects. you get the point.
>>
>>63975716
I asked this about age makeup a while ago and /tv/ made fun of me...but couldn't you cover part of the face in mocap points and green paint, then digitally remove that part of the face?
>>
File: db.jpg (43 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
db.jpg
43 KB, 1280x720
>>63978032
yes.
couldnt find the behind teh scene one, this is a shitty youtube trailer before the effects were finaliized,but yes.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.