[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Could he be anymore pathetic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 15
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 970x545
>a coward
>given a name by a white man
>full of himself/boastful with small achievements
>can't fly
>not a great fighter
>not a force user
>not a great Storm trooper
>not good at sanitation
>drinks out of the same water trough as a pig beast
>puppy dogging Rey
>gets the lightsaber taken away from him
>gets hacked and sliced
>put into a coma

What went wrong?
>>
Oh, and a liar and TR8-T0R. Forgot about that one.
>>
He makes really good insert character.

He's basically a poor man's Han Solo. Most people aren't charming enough to insert themselves into Han Solo, but at least they can put themselves in Finn's shoes. He's a decent shot, but ultimately he's just a somewhat average guy caught up in a freaky tiki space world.
>>
He played himself. Small time guy who takes a chance and doesn't give up, and gets a big break, all the while everyone else in the galaxy shittalks from their couch secretly wishing they did something with their lives.

Who cares. He's a good guy who got a lucky break in Hollywood and his character is much the same. People need better hobbies!
>>
>has a panic attack over killing villagers
>has no problem impaling the first stormtrooper he sees with his fancy new lightsaber

explain this
>>
cute hand
>>
>>63974396

Trained killers finna kill him vs Civilians who dindu nuffin
>>
>>63974069

This is actually the moment I started liking his character. I was expecting super cool bad-ass black man who never does anything humiliating or wimpy.
>>
>>63974396
cuz they is the true evil ones dawg
>>
>>63974270
>He makes really good insert character.

literally should have been the protagonist

>>63974367
John is a professional actor who has done Shakespeare on stage, you're talking about Daisy Ridley.
>>
>>63974069
The saddest part is if he had just been played by a white actor but kept all the same characterization, not a single person would complain about him and Rey having a romance plot.
Abrams just had to be progressive and make him black making people rage and now Finn gets friendzoned for Poe most likely.
>>
>>63974563

Seems more like a friendship than a romance.
I feel like they're going for a different route, the two protagonists having a romance seems played out.
>>
>>63974069

I'm black. My favorite character in all the Star Wars movies is Luke Skywalker by far.

Some of my friends went nuts when they heard about Finn and saw him wielding a lightsaber. Being a Star Wars fan, I knew to keep my expectations for him low. They got pissed when they found out he was always scared, ran away, and wasn't force sensitive or owner of the lightsaber. I could tell one of them was raging in the theater when he was choking for water and started drinking out of the same thing the alien beast was drinking from. I think it upset them.

I know a lot of you are racist (or playing around with the racist comments), but think of this from a little African American's perspective. They really made him weak and lame imo.

The movie kinda sucked I thought. I don't even know why Finn was in there or needed when Rey seemingly did it all. I also think it was a mistake to have Poe disappear in the beginning. He should have been with them on Jakku in the beginning like in ANH with Luke, Leia and Han. That way, you'd have a pilot with Poe and Rey wouldn't be this Mary Sue type character. All the tasks could be divided between the three characters, just like in the Original Trilogy.
>>
>>63975816
I agree. If Poe was there to pilot Rey still could have been a knowledgeable parts person and her character wouldn't have suffered a bit. Let her be some crazy god beast after Luke's training, as she is now there's less room for her to grow than she should have had.
>>
If his job was sanitation, then why was he on Jakku? Shouldn't he have been back on Starkiller Base with a mop and a bucket?
>>
>>63974563
There was no romance plot between Rey and Finn.

Also I think you're overestimating how many people actually give a shit about this.
>>
>>63977298
He said it was his first battle. It seems like he changed jobs either voluntarily or involuntarily somewhat recently before the time of the film.
>>
He's the "comedic relief"
>>
>>63975816
same here, black and love Luke the most, he was he's a small town (deserted town) kid with every reason to be discarded into obscurity like the rest of the insignificance in the universe, instead he humbly evolves into the pinnacle of legend. The way they made Finn look it looked like he too could have a blossoming legacy of becoming Jedi, instead when you really look at it, the production made him a quasi serious/courageous clown lol and ultimately insignificant, id rather Windu, even though he barely got screen time he had some kind of profound legacy outside the movies, but yea anyways it hurt me but at the same time it literally takes a sliver of my mind its a movie mates
>>
>>63979423

I figured black guys would prefer Lando to Windu. Sure he's kind of a dick in Empire but he's a way better character and is actually relevant. Hell, he pilots the damn Millennium Falcon in ROTJ.
>>
>>63975816
>>63976886

Poe was originally supposed to be killed off in the very beginning of the movie. I think that might be part of the reason he had such little screen time. JJ changed his mind after speaking with Oscar Isaac and decided he wanted him for the long haul, but I think the script was mostly written at that point.
>>
The whole plan is to do this:

>on the surface pretend to glorify niggers so white people get angry at them

>on the substance, to make niggers seem pathetic as OP describes

>nigs are too dumb to see the second level of things

>entire generation of white children resent Finn, don't buy his toy, keep hoping Rey will not touch him
>>
>>63974270
yeah he would have made the superior protaganist
>>
>>63980849

This, Poe's destiny is to fuck Rey in the next movie. Finn is gonna get cucked very, very hard.

Same thing happened to Luke, with Leia. We all thought he was gonna score her ass, and then BAM, badass badboy gets her instead.
>>
>>63974069
>>>/s/tormfront

He was a good character, autist
>>
>>63974069
>go through all of that for a bitch
>end of the movie
>we'll meet again, I truly believe that, thank you friend
>friend
>FRIEND
>F R I E N D

fucking white women
>>
>>63975816

NIGGER

Just kidding. I agree with everything you said man, Luke being the best, Finn being weak, Rey being overpowered, not enough Poe, etc.

This movie is fine on the first viewing, I wouldn't say it sucks. On subsequent viewings, man is it sloppy.
>>
I didn't love Finn but I'll take him as a believable, flawed character over Marey Sue anyday.
>>
>>63980677
your right Lando redeems himself and proves to be a cool likeable character and is played by the goat Billy dee but he aint no jedi aha
>>
Seems you forgot Luke skywalker was a pussy bitch in the first Star Wars, cringe worthy even
>>
>>63981468
>poe and Rey

nah. It'll be Poe and Finn. Rey will spend the majority of the next movie off training with Skywalker, similar to Luke and Yoda in Empire.

In the meantime, that "guy love" between Poe and Finn will develope into "gay love" as Poe helps Finn deal with a broken heart.

Strong independent womyn, interracial gay couple, calling it. Maximum progress.
>>
>>63981694
>your right Lando redeems himself

But your left Lando fucks bitches all night.
>>
>>63981767

>bro Force
>lightsaber up the ass
>best gay pilot in the Resistance
>"I put midichlorians all over your ass, Poe, sorry."
>"It's OK, my nigga"
>kawai
>>
>>63974069
how did he instantly know how to blow up the starkiller base? They tell that shit to every janitor-trooper?
>>
>>63974396
Its easier to kill them when you can't see their face.
>>
>>63982015

The janitor can go everywhere and overhears everything. It's like how no one suspects the deliveryman and opens the door for them and then gets raped/murdered/thrown into a TV.
>>
>>63981788
good for him lol not hard to do pleb
>>
>>63982015
>janitor-trooper?

>sent on death squad missions
>part of the elite team

JewJew, I want an explanation.
>>
>>63974270
>He makes really good insert character
Too bad he's black and nerds can't relate to niggers
>>
Are his toys selling well after the movie?
>>
>>63982015
I assume its on the level of
"you seen this thing here?"
"yeah"
"never touch it or we all blow up"

>>63982125
Some one has to clean up (burn the bodies) so you might as well give them a blaster as well.
>>
Finn had a great setup that they squandered and just used him as yet another plot device. the whole movie is pointless plot devices that move the story along. it has no actual plot of its own.

thats why everything is so convenient in this movie when it should have flowed with purpose instead.
>>
its so the mary sue can shine more
>>
>>63974069
He's working/being controlled by Snork

He will overcome it and reveal important information around the end of the next movie when Rey figures out how to combat Snuks ability to control life
>>
>>63982258

Finn has potential in Episode VIII since he won't be tied down by MaRey Sue and will be free to pursue his bromance with Poe.
>>
File: philosophical_niggers.jpg (51 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
philosophical_niggers.jpg
51 KB, 500x667
>>63974069
>What went wrong?
evolution
>>
>>63982296
Also

Finn will be one of the force users luke was training. However do to all this whacky hijinks and being a nub at the force he is not effective
>>
Maybe he's supposed to be a combination of Lando (pals with Poe) and Jar Jar (left his community and scared) or maybe just to serve as a replacement for C3PO.

Jar Jar was apparently supposed to be inspired by the movie and poem Gunga Din.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunga_Din

Interestingly, Finn's name happens to rhyme with 'Din' while also has a name that brings to mind the book Huckleberry Finn which has significant racial themes.
>>
>>63974396
>grow up with those
>spend your childhood training with same people
>kill them like a true ghettonigger without no emotion

explain
>>
>>63982829
Even then his brothers in arms through down their blasters and pulled out a fucking stun baton on him instead of just shooting him
>>
>>63982829

Would you prefer to have had half of the movie be about him being angsty over having to kill stormtroopers?
>>
>>63974444
>This is actually the moment I started liking his character.

Quads.

It's the moment I realised he was gonna get humiliated throughout the movie and niggers won't even notice.

White nerdy racism rejoyced.
>>
concept art for the character "john doe" in Arndt's script in the art book is a dark skinned guy with a turban. These are two basic similarities in appearance to Gunga Din. Although the book says he is similar to Poe. His manner of dress is more similar to Rey's though. Rey has a hat with cloth on it and scrappy looking clothing. She was also on a desert planet like he appears to be.
>>
File: 1376719742836.jpg (36 KB, 317x265) Image search: [Google]
1376719742836.jpg
36 KB, 317x265
>>63974069
>Italians
>white
>People that act THAT fucking italian
>white
>tfw captcha was about pasta
>>
>>63974444
respect, im black and i love how they depicted him as goofy and somewhat awkward in a no homo cute/funny way, its good to see variety and individualism, still sad hes not a jedi though lol hes a fackin janitor
>>
File: star_wars_trailer-620x412.jpg (58 KB, 620x412) Image search: [Google]
star_wars_trailer-620x412.jpg
58 KB, 620x412
Fin..
FN...
FN-2187...
FixiN' 2 187...
FixiNg to 187
FixiNg to commit murder
>>
>>63983311
>poe
>Italian
He's hispanic
>>
>>63974069
>a coward

He has no problem fighting against his former First Order comrades. It's more that he has a conscience than he's a coward.

>can't fly

He's a ground pounder.

>not a great fighter

No, he shows himself to be pretty capable. He supposedly had top ranks in training, with demerits only for being overly concerned for his troops. Phasma hoped to make an officer out of him.

>not a force user

He could be.

>not good at sanitation

No indication of that.

He was desperate.

>puppy dogging Rey

Can you blame him?
>>
>>63983043
This Finn was about to be court martialled.

Stunned and taken away.
>>
>>63983790
you sir are a jedi master, are you sure you're from /tv/?
>>
>>63983043
>TRAITOR, 1v1 me fucking faggot!
>>
>>63983043
>>63983923
I thought that was kinda like an honor thing
>>
>>63982125
Maybe he made up the sanitation thing to avoid admitting he massacred civilians on a daily basis?
>>
>>63982015
He did not, the Rebel guy asked "where is the thermal oscillator", which a janitor would know since he might have the duty "today you're cleaning the thermal oscillator"
>>
>>63982125
>elite team
>kill a bunch of villagers
I don't think it was necessarily an elite team.
>>
>>63974396
>innocent civilians vs. armed soldiers trying to kill you

Gee, I wonder what the difference could possibly be.
>>
>>63974069
He's my favorite character in the movie. He's going to be boring as fuck in the sequels when they decide that becoming a badass=character arc.

>>63983790
>He has no problem fighting against his former First Order comrades. It's more that he has a conscience than he's a coward.

He's a bit of a coward in the everyday sort of way we all are. When confronted with shit that's above his head he just wants to do the easiest thing, which is run the fuck away.

>No, he shows himself to be pretty capable. He supposedly had top ranks in training, with demerits only for being overly concerned for his troops. Phasma hoped to make an officer out of him.

I don't remember that from the movie. Sounds like some marketing/EU bullshit where they strip out all the characters flaws to make him a better action figure.
>>
>>63974396
Kill or be killed.

But these were kids once too, who also lost families. Kids who don't get to see them ever again. Kids who were worked by fear to kill the Resistance or suffer the consequences. Kids who didn't get to learn the good side and have the life they were meant to have.
Nah fuck 'em. This Finn dude is cool with that light stick. Keep swingin' Johnny.
>>
>>63983099
Checked

No shit

This guy was in the movie for the sole purpose of putting the black man down. It was a modern minstrel show.

But pop culture won't bat an eyelid because "we lightsaber now"
>>
>>63982015

Have you never played Space station 13?
The janitor gets access everywhere, hears all the gossip and conversations and kills you while you sleep...
>>
>>63982125
He had a job change before the events of the movie. He even says it was his first mission.
>>
>>63983045
There should have been some hesitation before ripping troopers to shreds with those TIE cannons, at least.
>>
>>63974069
they made him too stereotypical. seriously he acts like a young black teen in america.

>droid please!
>WOO
>DID YOU SEE DAT, DID YOU SEE DAT
>>
>>63974069
Poe isn't white and he's not proud of himself whatsoever he acknowledges that he's going to run, he only pretends to be a part of the Resistance to get off Jakku and to get Rey to like him but she doesn't like him until he's honest with her.
>not good at everything off the bat
He's really only not good at piloting and fighting with a saber, what do you want there to be two Rey's?
>>
>>63981529

I now look forward to seeing this movie
>>
>>63987654
Eh they flirt throughout the film, there's definitely a romantic sub plot there so don't get your hopes up too high. It's more than probable they wind up together in the next few films as he's th only character she develops a thing with
>>
>>63974069
>What went wrong?
His origin story.
Other than that he was fun.
>>
>>63981745
WHAT'S THAT FLASHING?!
>>
>>63974069
JJ confirmed Finn is force sensitive though.
>>
They honestly should have just made Finn the protagonist. He's much better written, isn't a mary sue like Rey, has flaws that you'd actually want to be overcome, and could be a black Kyle Katarn.

The next episode needs to be about him and his ace pilot bro Poe, Rey can't be redeemed at this point
>>
Why was he so animated and full of personality? Don't get me wrong, I appreciate having a lively character, but it didn't make any sense here.

He's been "programmed" from birth to be a soldier. He didn't even have a name. His character would have been totally fine if his backstory had been him being just an ordinary guy who joined the army for whatever generic reason.
>>
>>63987723
Just like Luke and Leia in the first film bro.
>>
can we all agree that JJ Abrams has the most punchable face
>>
>>63974270

Too bad they made MaryReySue the protagonist. Try relating to that.
>>
>>63988158

OH SHIIIIIIII
>>
>>63975816
I agree the movie was weak, but I don't get hate for kylo ren. I thought he did his role as good as he could with the script that was given. Also I am glad they made finn look weak because niggers need take roles like that more if they want to be in shit. Instead of le white nerdy guy. Also, Poe was coolest character in the movie.
>>
File: 1362808486715.jpg (14 KB, 217x223) Image search: [Google]
1362808486715.jpg
14 KB, 217x223
>feels guilty over shooting up a village of people he's never met
>traumatized over the death of one of his comrades
10 minutes later
>helps the man who murdered some of his comrades 10 minutes ago escape
>has no qualms lighting up a hangar full of the people he's been with for his entire life
>>
This movie felt like typical Disney shit. I don't get the love for it.
>>
>>63981529
Why would le tough feminist girl get with a clumsy beta character though? Also jedi usually don't have love interest remember? Rey will be strong and independent
>>
>>63987723
>flirt
>STOP HOLDING MY HAND
>GET OFF MY FACE

She liked him because he helped her out so much, but I didn't get any feeling Rey had feelings for him outside of friendship.
>>
>>63974069
He should've been the MC. He actually fell and failed, if he unlocked force powers and beat Kylo at the end himself it would've been immensely cathartic.
>>
>>63987723
>only one
Poe my nigger. Also, as its said if they are going full feminist chances are Rey will be alone. Luke never got a love interest until offscreen.
>>
>>63987723
>they
The flirting seemed pretty one-sided to me
>>
>>63988561
I wouldn't watched it then because he had 0 protagonist character traits. Felt like a side character hard.
>>
Smells of 48 laws of power and vitriol.

Its like everyone forgets about Lando kissing leias hand and han grabbing her away in the OT during his scene opening and introduction. Movie-goers back then were not feeling that shit one bit, and when han got turned into a coffee table whites were crying and shitting thier pants due to preceded notions and where the plot would go next, especially after lando broke out leia and chewie.

Yet things worked out in the end. Its to scare the audience, to trigger emotion in any form, support or hate, to raise interest. Similar to horror movies and the impending sense to go into a scenario to purposely scare yourself star wars has done this before.

But this time we have the
>Oh c'mon like, its 2015-
peanut-gallery we call millennials so we have to double down on the trigger by giving them something to fight.

>I bet you cant make me like niggers! i Fucking bet you cant I'm a huge racist you cant even touch me Im impenetrable hahah just try faggot.

We live in a hyper-aware society, manipulation and ulterior motives are a joke just due to everyone anticipating the sleazy "Devils advocate" junkie pretending to tolerate something to take advantage of the situation.

And thats why Finns black in the movie. Same shit happened in the OT, been there done that bought the t-shirt.
>>
>>63974396
Because their filthy imperials who deserve to die, he knows first hand that they wouldn't hesitate to kill him, why should he hesitate to kill them? It's not like the storm troopers had any moral quandary with killing him.
>>
>>63975816
I'm white and I actually like Finn, he's relatable, has some pretty funny moments, and he also seems to have some pretty good motives, and I like the fact that he's actually just a regular guy who got caught up in some fucked up shit, I hope he plays a bigger role in the next movies and actually does something.
>>
>>63988355
Kylo was badass until he removed his helmet

God why did he remove his helmet?
>>
It's a well known fact that Jews only let Blacks into Hollywood to demean them
>>
>>63982208
No. Of the 6" figures him, Poe and random ayy lmaos are the only ones you can find. For the 3.75" it's just ayy lmaos.
I had a Kylo in my hand before the movie and put him back. Probably should have bought him.
>>
I thought he was supposed to have shit tier social interaction skills (pulling people's arm rather than communicating, "im not telling you im telling myself", "why are you making that movement? im trying to come up with a plan") but in the end I think it was just for the gag of it.

I enjoyed him solely for the comedic moments, but he and Rey seem to be extremely shit together, Rey is do-everything while he is just carried around. Seemed like someone went and said "OK Rey, you'll handle the plot and other serious shit. Finn, you handle the family fun laughs, have your complimentary robot for any shenanigan you need!"
>>
>>63988842
I think he was fine when he was beating his wound to show toughness without his helmet.
>>
>>63989194
wut
>>
>>63984229
If they did a big reveal in the next movie, showing that Finn was an actual monster before making his final decision to turn his coat it would redeem him a lot. At the moment there is a big hole where his motivation and the source of his skill should be, how could a lowly Sanitation trooper be selected for part of a death squad raid? Not only that, Phasma and Co say that Finn has never had psyche problems before. Could it be that Finn is lying to everybody and is actually an elite soldier? It would explain why Captain Phasma transfers Finn to her own unit to oversee him personally. Why would an elite trooper take an interest in a janitor like that?

There had better be a lot more to Finn.
>>
File: image.gif (446 KB, 300x186) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
446 KB, 300x186
>>63988842
It almost ruined the fucking movie for me when he took that mask off, uber gay. This is the first trilogy where I'm going to be forced to root for the Jedi scum.
>>
>>63988842
Why didn't he just only remove the helmet when talking to Han and keep it on for the rest of the movie
It makes the reveal more powerful and it still keeps his foreboding presence
>>
>>63988978
But Finn pretty much unwillingly pushes the whole thing along. He helps poe escape so he can run, he gets bb8 to the resistance just because he thought he'd be safe there, and he keys the resistance in on how to blow up the starkiller because he needed help savig Rey. I don't think a character that switched sides during the conflict has happened in star wars besides Vader so it was pretty well done.
>>
>>63988101
Imagine if you're whole life you've been locked in a cage, wanting to get out. Then the door opens.

You're either going to be too afraid to leave or you are going to go apeshit.

Finn wasn't just a blank trooper with no knowledge of anything besides duty, he was kidnapped as a youth and raised as a trooper. His emotions would have been suppressed but not erased.
>>
>>63988842
Judging a Sith on how he looks instead of how acts.

lmao insecure
>>
>>63989395

He removed when talking to Rey earlier too.
>>
>>63988363
if you realize your friends a nazi in world war 2 and you dont agree, chances are you still have to kill him, morally conflicting for sure but thats what happens
>>
>>63975816
As some other anons from /tv/ said, the movie felt like one big setup for the sequels than a strong movie on its own. I thought that Finn would've been better off if he buggered off to another planet as is his original plan and come back in the next sequel since clearly the focus of most of it was on Han Solo and Rae.

I don't know, they're just both lacking. The pilot guy and TR8R was more memorable than him.
>>
>>63987723
One-sided, and it was mostly on sibling-tier terms.
>>
>>63987956
I actually thought Poe was going to be the next generation Han Solo, at least before they landed in Jakku
>>
>>63988396
I'm guessing nostalgia and fanservice. I enjoyed it but for some reason I just enjoyed the other disney movie (Guardian of the Galaxy) more, and I hated the dance off ending.
>>
Why doesn't every storm trooper just pack a lightsaber if everyone can wield one?
>>
>>63988548
I was relieved about it too that it didn't end in some sort of romantic kiss or whatever.
>>
Why do people ITT think a film can only have one protagonist?
>>
>>63990026
Scarcity, I guess?
>>
>>63975816

I liked Finn. I wasn't expecting Lando Calrissian/Mace Windu though, so my expectations weren't for super awesome black guy who can do errythang. He was fallible, he was human. I thought he made an excellent foil to Rey (Poe in my opinion was a complete non-character) and I enjoyed scenes with the two of them and BB-8.

If only the villains didn't suck balls I would have enjoyed the movie a lot more.
>>
>>63990052
You can have tons provided you can equally give each of them something the audience can root for, besides being "the protagonist". X-Men 1-2 are good examples of that, though they still linger towards showing Hugh Jackman above most other key characters.
>>
>>63975816

agreed.

they made Finn a bitch.

But hopefully they are building him up to be a HNIC in the next one.
>>
>>63990097
Discount Jon Snow and Phasma were disappointments. Supreme Leader and some of the Storm Troopers were pretty cool though.
>>
>>63983790
>He supposedly had top ranks in training, with demerits only for being overly concerned for his troops. Phasma hoped to make an officer out of him.

Uh..... what? Wasn't he a janitor? Is this from the novelization or something?
>>
>>63990165

Supreme Leader didn't DO anything particularly interesting for me. Tonfa Stormtrooper was cool but I kept thinking "why isn't this Captain Phasma actually doing this to give the scene more weight for Finn?"

I could easily see breaking down the antagonists like this:

Ren -> Rey's Antagonist
Phasma -> Finn's Antagonist
Hux -> Fuck him
Snoke -> Not appearing in this movie to hopefully get a better name.
>>
>>63990269
I speculate that Phasma's going to go rogue out of shame or switch on over to the good guys.
>>
>>63990174
I'm laughing at the idea of a top ranking janitor position where he's concerned over toxic leavings of alien prisoners
>>
Why did R2D2 wake up in the end? Was it by random chance?
>>
>>63990486
cuz Luke
>>
>>63974367
>doesn't give up

The faggot was more than ready to ditch Rey before The First Order showed up.
>>
>>63975816
Not black, but I love John Boyega as an actor.

How his character was written was what made upset, not overly, but I felt as if they wasted so much potential that could've gone to him.

I thought the whole stormtrooper angle was interesting, but to make him not force sensitive and get his ass handed repeatedly was kind of weak.

I don't know if I was the only one, but did it seem they wrote his dialogue to be a stereotypical young black male vernacular?
>>
>>63990486
The Force

Fuck you, space magic
>>
>>63990717
It was. At one point he was like, "droid please" but he said it the same way you would say "nigga please." Half the black people in the theater I was in called it how when it happened. That wasn't the only thing they were saying lol.
>>
>>63990717
I'm sad they turned him into comic relief instead of exploring how messed up he would be emotionally. Hopefully they touch on it in the next movie
>>
>>63990812
called it out*
>>
>>63990865
Cause Boyega is a great actor, I mean look at his other stuff that he's done. He certainly has the visual acting down, and I mean you can definitely see his acting coming out with his movements and body language and his face.

I feel bad a bit for Daisy Ridley, she is also stuck with a static character who just kicks ass and has no flaws. I honestly want to know if they made Finn such a wimp to make Rey look even better.
>>
>>63989567
nah
>>
Droid please? That's some racist writing there. Honestly what they made the character of finn in this movie is almost lucas tier racism but I still like finn.
>>
>>63990812
Yea that line was particularly uncomfortable. Pretty fucked up especially considering it's not necessarily a phrase an English actor would be familiar with and it's possible boyega didn't get the reference. He probably did though but what was he gonna do? Quit?
>>
>>63989280
I like this and I hope it happens. I got a different impression from the movie, though. Finn was a Sanitation worker for most of his career. I think the Jaku raid was his first mission. That's why he had the panic attack afterwards, he was still green.
>>
>>63979058
For this kind of film, i think BB8 is more of a comedic part than finn.
>>
>>63991512
Yeah that line was so weird and I immediately got the reference, can't believe it made it through to the final cut.
>>
>>63975816
>>63979423
being black Fin's character can have a unique impact on you that white people have felt after many decades ruling the sci fi genre. Right now you are disappointed in Fin as a reflection of your race represented in sci fi, but if they do it right over the next two movies you'll get to see him overcome a lot of shit maybe with some charm and feel this overwhelming sense of relatable pride if he can become a household name in the genre. Kind of how people originally felt about Luke until race issues made their way into sci fi film.

reminds me of Farcry 3 where the main character is some shitty dudebro you dont want to be playing as at forst but as the game goes on he starts to change into a serious killer and you like him more towards the end going along with him on the journey
>>
File: rasZdAh[1].jpg (67 KB, 730x489) Image search: [Google]
rasZdAh[1].jpg
67 KB, 730x489
Anyone got the webm of the fight with the riot trooper?
>>
File: FN-2187 B4TFA.png (102 KB, 481x223) Image search: [Google]
FN-2187 B4TFA.png
102 KB, 481x223
>>63974069
Books say he should have been a TOP 1% badass..... WTF happend.
>>
>>63989567
okay, Goldberg.
>>
>>63992626
I liked the original FC3 story better where dudebro was Vaas all along
>>
File: Primus blessed how horrifying.png (1 MB, 1236x532) Image search: [Google]
Primus blessed how horrifying.png
1 MB, 1236x532
>>63991648
I thought he was the mute-ish kid appeal robot.
>>
>>63974069
It's funny they forced this character in the movie for the sake of diversity, but then treated him like a pet nigger.
>>
>>63986532
Are you forgetting all the woo-hoos and I got em's from the OT dog fights?
>>
>>63990486
He is the title character. The Force Awakens when he wakes up. He has appeared in all 7 movies. He is the only droid force user.
>>
>>63974069
>white man

There are no white, black, mexican, indian, korean, japanese, russian, slavic, romanian, lebanese, etc. etc. etc. people in the SW universe. They are all aliens that have a mythical force/virus inside them.

Let me know when one of you can use telepathy and then I'll start buying into this "humans" meme.
>>
>>63974396
>armed combatants
>unarmed civilians

>fascist kidnappers and manipulators
>unarmed civilians

They abducted him from his family as a kid and just murdered a bunch of people in a small village. I don't know if they'd still make good poker buddies...
>>
>>63974270
Anyone ever consider that they're BOTH protagonists?
>>
>>63974069

Finn was the most realistic and funniest character in the movie. Also one of if not the best performance. Get fucked. Rey and Leia were terrible, and Han was just okay. Episode 8 should just be finn and poe
>>
>>63983790
>Can you blame him?
Yeah, I honestly think he could do better.
>>
>>63994012
>force
>virus

people still missing the point even after this movie spelled it out
>>
>>63994751
what even is a protagon
>>
>>63975816

People like you are worse than the average 4channer. Requiring a character of your color to be cool or you get offended. I'm white and I'm not bitching about literally every white guy besides Han being a fucking nazi. The characters were good. Finn was good. He actually had an arc going from cowardly to brave. Hes the only character with an arc, and also the most believable. If you weren't a race obsessed faggot you would see that.
>>
>>63994797
And in terms of romance, pilot bro had the better chance with him
>>
>>63994837
A Mary Sue.
>>
>>63989280
Because phasma is a resistance agent and she needed information on Starkiller base.
>>
>>63994012
Annie and Padme, Han and Leia can make children. How do you explain that?
>>
>>63989395
People in theaters laughed at these scenes.
>>
>>63987853
Link?
>>
File: spl1076350_002.jpg (129 KB, 600x707) Image search: [Google]
spl1076350_002.jpg
129 KB, 600x707
>>63974069

word on the set was that every time he went to the bathroom he used all the toilet paper wiping his giant hairy black ass
>>
Got back from seeing this

People blow Rey's Mary sue-ness way out of proportion

It made complete sense in context. She was trained a bit as a little girl, and when Kylo went bungling around in her brain he accidentally tore down the walls Luke had put in place before leaving, causing all her training(But not the memories associated perhaps) to come rushing back. That, coupled with her huge raw potential being the daughter of the greatest Jedi who ever lived, totally explains her abilities.

Also, they built up Chewie's bowcaster as being the bossnigger of blasters the whole movie, literally blowing people fucking away and 10 feet into the air. It isn't unreasonable that a non-force user and an untrained jedi could hold their own against Kylo after taking one of those bolts to the gut.
>>
>>63995366
Oh shit, I didn't realize Luke set up shit for her to later realize. Nice observation, anon.
>>
>>63974069
He could be white.
>>
>>63995366
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Fig_LoBy4
>>
>>63995450
I actually watched that movie

Boss nigger was a bitch and just got fucked up the whole movie. I was disappointed to say the least.
>>
>>63995486
thanks for ruining it for the rest of us
>>
>>63995366
im not sure about the injury, pain and rage can fuel siths. his fight with the two were like the episode 5 and 6 fights mashed into one. in the finn fight hes all cocky, gets cut in the shoulder and then woops finn. then in the rey fight hes beating her until she gives into the force just like when luke gave into his rage and she beats him. its absolute pottery
>>
>>63974268
Wtf is this pottery shit?
TR8-TOR
T R A I T O R
>>
>>63993774
that was more a cowboy thing with han, star wars was a sci fi western
>>
>>63975816
>That way, you'd have a pilot with Poe and Rey wouldn't be this Mary Sue type character. All the tasks could be divided between the three characters, just like in the Original Trilogy.

This. Fucking this!
>>
>>63990165
FUCK ... Why didn't they get Jon Snow for Kylo?? He looks way more like Han and Leia's son, and not the a son of Napoleon Dynamite.
>>
>>63996879
Well they only had budget for one GoT actor and they spent it all on Phasma.
>>
File: 1435038037850.gif (68 KB, 420x200) Image search: [Google]
1435038037850.gif
68 KB, 420x200
>>63996879
Not to mention how the saber battle in the end suited the shit out of Jon Snow. I mean it's snowing, he has a longsword looking saber and he's wearing black with a cape and all and just did the "we are the men of the night's watch" stab on Han fucking Solo.
>>
>>63974069
That is why he is a good character. He has plenty of flaws and is relateable. He is basically a normal guy thrust into this fucked up world where he is ordered to massacre a village by a crazy evil space wizard. His response "Nah fuck this shit, I'm out"
>>
>>63975816
But Finn is great. Are black people genuinely upset that their representative on the screen isn't a perfect badass and is instead an interesting and likeable character? Fuck there is no pleasing you.
>>
>>63997233
Its more like some not loving the perspective that he is basically comic relief the character and at times is a sterotype.
>droid please
> gets keked by literally everyone

I mean they aren't wrong he does get wrecked and in terms of growth doesn't progress much other than not being a pussy and going back for Rey.

The criticism isn't major but its there.
>>
>>63987654
>>63981529
i can't wait for Leia's other son, Chad Solo to come in and sweep Rey off her feet.
>>
File: 1380506663885.jpg (27 KB, 284x285) Image search: [Google]
1380506663885.jpg
27 KB, 284x285
>>63997922
>inb4 it's Phasma
>>
>be a clumsy, cowardly ex-storm trooper
>go out of your way to save this white girl you just met
>she just likes you as a friend
>she develops a crush on this nasty old guy who already had a kid that's a fucked up Vader-worshiping fascist pseudo-sith
Finn had a hard life. I actually feel for him. I hope he gets cyborg parts in the second movie and kicks some ass.
>>
>>63998101
>Finn, you get to live, but only if you agree to this surgical operation that turns you into half man, half android
>"Like a cyborg?"
>SURE, LETS GO WITH THAT

>next scene shows Finn combined with C3P0
>>
>>63990812
>It was. At one point he was like, "droid please" but he said it the same way you would say "nigga please."

I'm pretty sure he just said "droid please" in a pleading way like you would say to a droid you are begging to do something. Unfortunately there is no convenient way to rewatch the scene to prove you oversensitive pussies wrong.

>Half the black people in the theater I was in called it how when it happened. That wasn't the only thing they were saying lol.

Yes I'm sure the niggers were very offended by ebonics. Unless the black people were college kids I'm calling bullshit on your little story.
>>
>>63975816
Now I want to see star wars.
>>
>>63983311

He's from Guatemala
>>
>>63998149
Finn's head
C3P0's body

Fund it

>I Am CFNPO Human-nigger relations!
>>
>post yfw
>>
>>63993961

skippy uses the force
>>
The acting was good for what it was, but yeah his character bothered me. I get not wanting to massacre a village of unarmed people, but he was still a little bitch that didn't fire his weapon once, despite being in an intense firefight with people literally out to kill him. But then he has no problem massacring the people he grew up with, including throwing his commander in a fucking garbage chute, even after she covered for him.

He's a boastful, lying nigger who got what he deserved when Ren fucked his shit up.
>>
File: much tragedy.png (216 KB, 484x526) Image search: [Google]
much tragedy.png
216 KB, 484x526
>>63999868
>>
>>63984570
Muh marines ptsd from raping little brown kids they didn do nuffin they good boys
>>
>>63996978
? There were tons of them as it's the same woman casting director
Just look up force awakens cameos
One of the sand bitches
The weedy one who goes north with bran and his sister
>>
>>63977298
>job was sanitation
In the German dub he's a doctor.
>>
>>64000988
No, he was a plumber
>>
>>63974441
kek'd
>>
>>63986304

They also say he train from child to be a stormtrooper.
>>
>>63988433
>he didn't see Kim possible
>>
>>64001280
Kim treats Ron a bit better.
>>
>>63977298
I just want to know why they would have a stormtrooper working in sanitation. Don't they have droids or regular workers for that? I thought the whole point of stormtroopers was combat. Why would you kidnap, indoctrinate, and train someone to be a sanitation worker?
>>
>>63981468
Poe is too old to be fucking rey you creeper.
>>
>>64001932
Must be some Karate kid kind of training
>>
>>64001994
Poe is about 30, Rey is about 20. Geez, TOTALLY UNHEARD OF age difference in the Western world.
Thread replies: 206
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.