[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything she CAN'T do?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (151 KB, 728x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
151 KB, 728x489
>hero
>force user
>great fighter
>great shot
>great pilot
>inherits Luke's classic blue lightsaber
- inerits Han's millennium falcon
- becomes captain of the Falcon
- makes Chewie, a character that has been with Han for 40+ years her new copilot Chewie
- mind tricks opponents after multiple tries

Rey is the perfect little hero.
>>
>>63973449
Be a Man.
>>
>>63973449
Piss standing up
>>
>>63973449
She was brought up in a hardship. She has to know all that to survive in the sand dunes.
>>
>>63973449
Be a good character
>>
its my theory that in the next movie it will be revealed that she was born from the force, prbly had no parents at all. i bet luke was informed somehow found her as a baby but realizing what happend to the last force born child (vader) he decided to leave her on some deserted planet to play it safe so she wont be trained and seduced to the darkside knowing how dangerous that could be. he prbly felt guilty tho (that and his nephew turnign to the dark side) so he set out to that planet to learn more of the prophecy.. maybe to think about training the girl later. watch i bet it turns out shes not his daughter.. just some pure force born chick, thats why shes doesnt need training to use the force maybe?
>>
>>63973523
Rey is a Freman
>>
>>63973449
She can't be in a good movie. There's not enough mary sue powers in the universe to save the flop awakens.
>>
>>63973449
not be a mary sue
>>
File: Bronwyn Bishop.jpg (126 KB, 668x860) Image search: [Google]
Bronwyn Bishop.jpg
126 KB, 668x860
She can't throw her tits over her shoulders.
>>
File: francowikipedia.png (246 KB, 1263x830) Image search: [Google]
francowikipedia.png
246 KB, 1263x830
>>
she's an elder scrolls protagonist
>>
Can someone plz tell me when we will see rey again in any star wars media
>>
>>63973449

>becomes Captain of the Falcon
>Chewbacca becomes co-pilot
>gets Luke's lightsaber

Fuck, I never thought about these three. How did a random, new comer to the franchise get the keys to a classic ship like the Falcon, Luke's iconic lightsaber AND cuck Chewbacca out of his seat in just one movie!? Especially when you take into account that the story takes place in 6-7 hour interval timeline wise.
>>
>>63973449
be an interesting protagonist that isn't perfect in any way
be a character that wasn't seemingly written by a 3rd grader
>>
>Go back
No one can after the bbc ;^)
>>
>63973449
>inherits Luke's classic blue lightsaber
>inerits Han's millennium falcon
>becomes captain of the Falcon
>makes Chewie, a character that has been with Han for 40+ years her new copilot
How the fuck do you let something like that fly ? Even if those things were spread through the entire team they'd still be a bit much. What kind of terrible ass writer looked at that and thought it was okay ?
>>
>>63973449
Bring back her parents
>>
>speaks Wookie
>speaks droid (which hasn't been done by any human in all the other movies).
>>
>>63974388

Implying it wasn't Luke who dumped her ass on the desert planet.
>>
>>63974421
>implying in this movie alone Poe doesn't as well
>>
>>63973449
I was liking her at the beginning but it just grew and grew. I know there might be some genuine sexists but there not wrong about the Mary Sueness
>>
>>63974530

But this whole "humans understand droid" thing is from this movie alone.

In all 6 movies they needed 3PO to interpret R2 and Luke could only understand him when R2 was in the X-Wing with his speech showing up on the screen console for Luke to read.
>>
>>63973449
she also learns to resist mind reading
and the Jedi mind trick
and to move objects

-that could've been so easily fixed if they had her rescued and just have them escape at the end instead of fight. IT might have even made the Villain more threatening.
>>
>>63974421
this triggered the fuck out of me

you're not supposed to need to speak alien languages in the Star Wars universe. you're meant to listen to aliens talk and respond in English in a way that tells the audience what the alien said.

it was a blatant shift in story device which the movie (of course) ignored most of the time just be inconsistent as well as disrespectful of the original films.
>>
>>63973996
Who else would have the falcon after han dies? Chewies just a big talking dog and probably warmed up to her after the shit they just went through.
>>
>>63974719

Luke. If he was in this movie instead of JJ being lazy, Luke would have inherited the Falcon for the next adventure.
>>
>>63974421
>speaks droid (which hasn't been done by any human in all the other movies)

Anakin and Luke both speaked to droids. ANd Poe does too in this movie.
>>
>>63974719
>Who else would have the falcon after han dies?

Luke Skywalker. Then again, the Falcon will propably end up with Chewie, Poe and Finn, while Rey and Luke travel together in the next movie.
>>
>>63974839

I said it wrong.

Rey UNDESTANDS Droid speak.

Anakin and Luke and everyone else DO NOT. They need 3P0 to intepret or they have to read what R2 is saying from an X-Wing console screen.

(Poe doing it, is just more JJ nonsense).
>>
- can't have her plot armor up all the time to stop from being force KO'd for a bit
>>
>>63974607
They just didn't have time for that. Can't stand around talking and soaking stuff in, have to get to the ACSHUN! PEW PEW BOOM!
>>
>>63974622
I don't think she can move objectS, just that one lightsaber has a connection to her. It's not like we saw her force pushing stuff all over the place?
>>
>>63974719
Luke, Poe, or yknow, anyone who's actually supposed to be a good pilot with experience.
Oh wait, I forgot, Marey Sue spontaneously became better than Han anyway.
Can't wait for the sequel where she out-Jedi Luke in like twenty minutes.
>>
>>63974839

Luke didn't. C-3PO or the X-Wing nava computer translated what R2 said for him.

Anakin attempting to understand and speak R2 was just a deleted scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-hFh35U3go
>>
>>63975404
>never an elevator when you need one.

God...
>>
Can she spin? Spinning is a good trick.
>>
>>63974064
>bbc
Negro got friend-zoned
>>
>>63974719
The Falcon ought to have been destroyed
>>
>>63973716

It would make sense since Star Wars is and always has been the common man's Dune
>>
>>63973523
She didn't even believe in the Force, she had never used a blaster before, and didn't ever want to leave Jakku so theres no reason she would learn to fly.
>>
>>63975174

>Lightsaber is now a wand from Harry Potter

T-thanks JJ
>>
Where does the character goes from here? They'll probably say that she's part Mandalorian in the next movie and then she inherit Fett's helmet.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.