[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> She's Luke's long lost daughter DUMB. > She's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4
File: Rey.jpg (70 KB, 475x600) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
70 KB, 475x600
> She's Luke's long lost daughter
DUMB.
> She's Leia and Han's daughter who's twin brother is Kylo Ren
EVEN DUMBER.
> She's one of Luke's former students and prospects who survived the Kylo Ren massacre. Luke found her screaming and crying and used his force abilities to wipe her memories. He took her to Jakku so that she would be safe away from everything, giving her false memories that her parents would return for her one day to keep her there
Much better.
>>
>>63973439
There's no pottery if she isn't related to a skywalker
>>
she's james franco
>>
>>63973439
>>63973841
More pottery if she was a Kenobi.

There already is a Skywalker even though he doesn't have the surname anymore.
>>
>rey is turned to the dark side and kilo ren to the light and defeats her in 9

this is how you make a good trilogy
>>
>>63973439
She's Sheev's granddaughter.

Hence why she can channel her force abilities through anger. Notice how fucking pissed she his when she violates Ben Solo's mind.
>Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
>>
>>63973439
its obvious she is kylo rens younger sister, who they ditched when kylo turned evil. Its really so fucking blatantly obvious, they already had a half a dozen brother/sister moments in the movie. The reveal will come in the 2nd movie and in the 3rd they'll fight to the death. Brother/sister girl/boy ying/yang good/evil how does no one else see this is exactly how a company like disney thinks, i feel like im taking crazy pills
>>
>>63974024
That does not preclude her being one of Luke's padawans.
>>
>Episode IX ends with a redeemed Ben Solo putting down a fallen Rey

Poetry to the max.
>>
I'd like her to be obi wan kenobi's grandaughter.
>>
>>63973439
Yeah, i also think she will turn out to be Luke's student.

The whole daughter angle just seems too on the nose for it to be true.

Also the whole "i'm your father" pottery was already done in this movie with Han and Kylo.
>>
They better delve into her striking out with anger. She looks as angry as ROTJ Luke in much of her duel.

Dark Side when?
>>
>>63974171
Han and Leia make no mention of another child besides Ben in any of their scenes in the movie. How does your theory rectify this?
>>
>>63974452
it's a movie

if he's right they wouldn't want to give away the big reveal
>>
>>63973887
Did Obi-Wan even have kids? Not EU but in the movies? Beru mentions he had a family, but I don't remember anything else.
>>
>>63973887
>>63974024
>>63974171
>>63974342
>>63975089
>>63975189
Can we stop with "HUR, she has the force, she must be related to someone in some way?" Why can't she just be someone completely detatched? The student theory is way better than such an overdone movie plot.
>>
>>63974171
In what way is it BLATANTLY obvious? Surely when Han and Leia saw her they would probably be a little more emotional.
>>
>>63975400
Because pottery.

That's how Star Wars is. Especially after what TFA did with rehashing everything because pottery.
>>
>>63973439
She has to have Skywalker blood thought, or she does not fit the narrative of being a part of the chosen's blood line.

The hero has to be of noble birth or else plebs might think they can rise up above their betters.
>>
>>63975400

No, because JJ's already dropped the ball by having the villain be Han Solo's son.
>>
>>63975400
Star Wars is about family.
>>
>>63973439
>> She's one of Luke's former students and prospects who survived the Kylo Ren massacre. Luke found her screaming and crying and used his force abilities to wipe her memories. He took her to Jakku so that she would be safe away from everything, giving her false memories that her parents would return for her one day to keep her there

>Much better
Yeah Luke, just drop her on a desert planet, remember how much you liked that growing up?

Better idea:
>One of Luke's former students
>Memory erased (by force user or because of traumatic experience of Kylo)
>She's kidnapped by slavetraders and dropped on Jakku because she's a pain in the ass.
>>
>>63975516
>she does not fit the narrative of being a part of the chosen's blood line.
Good?

>>63975546
That I can live with. But it gets silly if Rey is Luke's daughter and Finn is Lando's long lost son and BB8 is R2-D2's baby.
>>
>>63975588
>Yeah Luke, just drop her on a desert planet, remember how much you liked that growing up?
He had to, otherwise the Knights of Ren would have come looking for her. Who the fuck is going to look on Jakku of all places?
>>
>>63974171
>Its really so fucking blatantly obvious, they already had a half a dozen brother/sister moments in the movie.
It would be fucking stupid because it's not mentioned at all by Han or Leia or Ben Solo.

It would be OT tier levels of certain point of view shit.
>>
>>63975650
It doesn't fit his character to do such a shitty thing to her.

Better if he gives her to some other people as adoption (le poetry) to be safe and they turn out to be shits and dump her on Jakku.
>>
>>63973841
There's lots of pottery if Poe is a Skywaker
>>
>>63975619
>Good?

I am just pointing out what is traditional story telling, and given all of the zero risks that movie took I cannot seem them thinking outside the box for her origin story.
>>
>>63975822
But what if she discovers she has force powers around her family? Word would spread, The First Order would learn of her location.

It's best that she get dumped on some shit of a planet where they couldn't possibly find her.
>>
>>63975885
Honestly, this film was simply there to win back the audience. In the next one I feel like they're going to differ things a lot more.
>>
>>63975439

It does explain the Leia hug though
>>
"- Where did you past your life senpai?"

"- Posting in a chinese imageboard knowing spoilers from every movie released desu."
>>
>>63975516
The other theory that could work is that he's another pure force creation by Plagueis (who now goes by the name Snoke).

She would still technically be related to the Skywalkers without actually being one.
>>
how old was she when she was abandoned on jakku? i don't remember the scene
>>
File: matthew.png (763 KB, 711x749) Image search: [Google]
matthew.png
763 KB, 711x749
>>63975916
Like she couldn't discover she has powers if she's dumped on Jakku?

If Luke was so afraid of that he should have just kept her with him.

But fuck it. I hope we don't know her family at all desu senpai.
>>
>>63976206
Looked 6 or 7 to me.
>>
>>63976257
so if that's the case i still don't see how she would be as powerful as she is

how strong can a 7 year old be?
>>
The only way I would accept her as Luke's daughter is if Captain Phasma is her mother.

And even then, that's not that great.
>>
>>63973439
She looks so fucking ridiculous. I think it's the stub limbs.
>>
>>63976060
God it would be so bad if this is true.

Next movie
>Leia why didn't you say something when you saw me, your daughter, for the first time in years
Insert
>1: I never said I wan't your mother. It's true, from a certain point of view!
>2: I'm a retard without facial recognition so fu
>>
>>63975989
>Honestly, this film was simply there to win back the audience.

HA HA OH WOW
>>
>>63976060
Oooo, a hug. Well I guess that makes her Han and Leia's daughter then.

>>63976206
Young, about 5.

>>63976210
> Hmmm... people everywhere are going to be looking for me, better keep this child with me.
Plus Luke didn't discover his powers at all on Tatooine, he figured that Jakku, similar in the sense that fuck all is happening on that planet would help.
>>
File: 1389206805475.gif (3 MB, 525x464) Image search: [Google]
1389206805475.gif
3 MB, 525x464
>>63976285
not strong enough
>>
>>63975689
No, what happen was Han Solo cheated on Leia with another girl and the random girl had Rey. This pissed off Kylo Ren and that is part of the reason why he went to the dark side. That is why he said Han Solo will only disappoint you. So Kylo is Rey's step brother.
>>
>>63976381
Did you forget about the last 3 films bae?
>>
The only way to explain her character and how she is the only one who can save the galaxy and that she is the strongest of them all is to reveal that she is Luke AND Leia's daughter
>>
>>63976403
>Plus Luke didn't discover his powers at all on Tatooine, he figured that Jakku, similar in the sense that fuck all is happening on that planet would help.
Lol so why the fuck wouldn´t he give her to some adoption parents? Why are you even talking about this like it's established already?
>>
> She's one of Luke's former students and prospects who survived the Kylo Ren massacre. Luke found her screaming and crying and used his force abilities to wipe her memories. He took her to Jakku so that she would be safe away from everything, giving her false memories that her parents would return for her one day to keep her there

That is actually so cruel that it would be fitting if it turned her to the dark side.

And then Kylo could mope around some more and end up going back to the light.
>>
>>63976457
That does explain her slanted brow.

>>63976491
Because you're not listening Anon. The Knights of Ren aren't going to go looking for her in bumfuck nowhere.
>>
Why did they pick some plain looking girl who sounds like Keira Knightley?
>>
>>63976060
Rey saw Leia's husband/ex-husband and the father of your only child die. Probably told her about it
Not only that, she fought with her child, talked with him. Probably told her all about this to.
Not to mention that despite the short time they were together Han cared for Rey in a slightly fatherly way, it was cute.
Both of them are going through some hard times right now.
And Rey goes to meet Leia's long lost brother on some planet far away and it's not certain she's coming back anytime soon.

Why wouldn't she hug her? Leia's a good person after all.
>>
>>63976513
>That is actually so cruel that it would be fitting if it turned her to the dark side.
It is a good way to have her tempted to the darkside. Giving Ren a good reason to fuck with her mind "He abandoned you Rey, left you on a planet all by yourself."
>>
>>63976210
I think Luke was actively suppressing Rey's powers to keep her off of Snoke's radar.

That's what Snoke was referring to when he said "There has been an awakening"
Rey's powers were lying dormant, and were just now beginning to re-awaken.
>>
>>63976630

he says the awakening line before she has the flashbacks though
>>
>>63976721
her powers begin to awaken long before that.

Round about the time when she meets BB-8, I reckon.
It's why she didn't sell the droid, and why she basically didn't kill Finn on sight, and why she was able to pilot the Millenium Falcon without prior experience
>>
It was Kylo's sister, but as a baby she was possessed by Sheev's spirit.
Luke couldn't bring himself to kill Neosheev so he put her out in the desert.
>>
Can't wait until Kylo Ren bangs her and they have a powerful force baby together
>>
I want to rip off her boots and force her to give me a footjob
>>
>>63973439
She reeks of Skywalker. Absurd force talent, innately gifted with machines, talented pilot right out of the box.

It could all be a red herring though, yeah.
>>
I don't get how her training as a kid would be a good thing. It just makes the force seem like some video game where once you reach a certain level you can do x power. Isn't it all supposed to be about control over your state of mind, dedication, practice, discipline and patience? Wouldn't she lose those after getting her mind wiped?
>>
>she's Sheev's grand daughter and will become a Sith
The best option.
>>
>>63979006
> Mu'h Star Wars family tree
STAHP!
>>
>>63973903
I was so ready for her to turn to the dark side when she was brought before Snoke but I guess we'll have to wait for 8 before that happens.
Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.