[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What can we expect from the next Star Wars? Rian Johnson is directing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
What can we expect from the next Star Wars? Rian Johnson is directing and writing instead of JJ Abrams

Rian Johnson wrote the episode of Breaking Bad where eggsac shredder gets fuckin shot (ozymandias)
>>
If it's Rian Johnson it won't be nearly as frenetic as JJ.
>>
kylo ren chases a fly around the star destroyer
>>
It's an interesting choice. It's also a good idea to not let JJ do all 3 movies, since he tends to fuck up sequels.
>>
He's our only hope of getting another good start wars movie. He's talented but Disney could have him on a tight leash and fuck his shit up.
>>
>>63963377
I didn't mind the pacing of the movie

>>63963406
kek
>>
>>63963406
I thought fly was a good episode, but I watched the series on netflix, so I didn't have to wait a week for the next.
>>
>>63963332
A lot less practical effects. It's a shame, they worked great in TFA.
>>
>>63963560
yea, I liked the visuals.

could have done without the short CGI orange woman. probably Disney though.
>>
Just want to point out that he would almost certainly have much less bargaining power with the studio than JJ had, who is an established name and a producer on the movie, and now that the movie is making bazillion bucks Disney is gonna watch him like a hawk.
>>
>>63963756
>yea, I liked the visuals.
What? The big bad guy was literally a PS2 game.
>>
>>63963560
nah. theyre not gonna get rid of the guys theyre hired, and the Ren baddies are all real costumed dudes
>>
>>63963828
please do not contribute in killing language. literally does not mean emphasis.
>>
>>63963828
He was also a hologram
>>
>>63963828
visuals of scenery, shots, effects, ect.
>>
>>63963478
>He's our only hope

I know it wasn't intentional but fuck if this phase inst thrown around so frequently.
>>
No matter what he does with the sequels, some population will still hate his guts. Not to mention he'll be writing the follow ups to (probably) the highest grossing film of all time.

I don't envy him, that's for sure. But he seems like an intelligent guy so I'm hopeful. Disney could have made a much worse choice than him.
>>
>>63963332
>Rian Johnson wrote the episode of Breaking Bad where eggsac shredder gets fuckin shot (ozymandias)

He did not write it, he just directed it. He didn't write any BrBA episodes.

What he did write and direct was the abysmal "Looper".

Face it, he's a no-talented hack. The fact that the guy who wrote and directed Jurassic World is directing episode 9 should show you the direction the Star Wars franchise is going in.

This is going to get saturated faster than capeshit did.
>>
>>63964284
Looper wasn't that bad.....but why did you have to go and bring up Jurassic World guy?
>>
>>63964310
Jurassic World guy is doing Episode 9.
>>
>>63964325
I know, it kinda put a damper on everything

Fuck I guess it's tradition
>>
>>63964360

He also did a decen tosh time travel film that focused on the characters.

Plus by the time 3 comes around the story direction will be pretty locked in.
>>
does this mean the tone and visual styles will be completely different in the next one?

that sucks
>>
>>63963332
I want George Lucas writting and Christopher Nolan directing.
>>
why would they hire a no-name random for episode 8? makes no sense
>>
File: Capture.png (56 KB, 136x160) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
56 KB, 136x160
>>63965056
>lucas
>>
>>63964284
>Looper
>bad
It's miles ahead of anything JJ ever did, son. He also wrote Brick, which is also more original than anything JJ has ever done.
>>
>>63965160
Looper, like the majority of sci-fi flicks, is retardedly overrated by content-starved sci-fi fags
>>
>>63963332
I really don't like the fact they're changing directors.

JJ nailed it, regardless of criticisms this will probably be the highest grossing movie. No reason to fix what ain't broken. Let this guy do some other Star Wars movie.
>>
>>63965160
I'm not defending JJ. JJ is also shit. This movie was really honestly not that good. A rehash to play it safe and forced nostalgia does not make a movie good. In a few months people will forget it and find it mediocre to bad and that isn't just being contrarian. Face it Star Wars is dead. The only reason to even care about it still is for nostalgic reasons.
>>
>>63965247
How does this contradict what he said?
>>
>>63965315
To be "miles ahead" of anything that isn't incompetently directed it'd have to actually be good.
>>
>>63965253
JJ only did this so he can go on to do smaller-scale movies. And they want to do it like how Lucas planned it from Episode IV, that a new director would come in for each movie and put their spin on it.
>>
>>63965253
>JJ nailed it, regardless of criticisms this will probably be the highest grossing movie. No reason to fix what ain't broken. Let this guy do some other Star Wars movie.

True. Better the devil you know and all that.

Still, I feel safer with Rian Johnson than with Trevorrow. I posted in another thread, it totally bewilders me how this complete nobody has been handed the keys to two of the world's biggest movie franchises after making some indie flick which wasn't even getting rave reviews.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.