[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that manchildren trash is spiritual excrement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Gal Gadot (7).jpg (288 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
Gal Gadot (7).jpg
288 KB, 1600x900
>"Nerd culture is the product of a late capitalist conspiracy, designed to infantalize the consumer as a means of non-aggressive control."
- Simon Pegg

>"A sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly that he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times? I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He burst into tears. I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities"
- Alec Guinness

>"I don't think they are making [comic book movies] an elevated art form, I think it's still just Batman running around in a stupid cape.. It's for kids, it's adolescent in its core. "
- David Cronenberg

>"I don't want to see or make films about super heroes that fly around in spandex and a cape solving the problems of the world. I think it's fine for children, children of all ages by the way, but it's not for me."
- William Friedkin

>“They have been poison, this cultural genocide, Because the audience is so overexposed to plot and explosions and shit that doesn’t mean nothing about the experience of being human.”
- Alejandro Iñárritu

>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
- Alejandro Jodorowsky

>"To my mind, this embracing of what were unambiguously children's characters at their mid-20th century inception seems to indicate a retreat from the admittedly overwhelming complexities of modern existence"
- Alan Moore

>"It’s produced by humans who can’t stand looking at other humans. And that’s why the industry is full of otaku!"
- Hayao Miyazaki

>"The movies are for children but they don't want to admit that... There is a small group of fans that do not like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like The Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike."
- George Lucas
>>
all of these people are talentless hacks except george lucas though.....
>>
File: 1448133074948.jpg (280 KB, 1000x1364) Image search: [Google]
1448133074948.jpg
280 KB, 1000x1364
>>
>>63962260
You do know that is 1 Corinthians 13, verse 11. holy mackerel..
>>
>>63962260
Send that meme to Sunday school.
>>
based Inarritu.
>>
>>63962123
>"Superman makes me vomit, Batman and all of that. That whole empire... this religion... It is so important that superheroes suffer... I don't give a damn, I shit on the United States."
This one always makes me laugh the most.
>>
The Miyazaki thing is taken out of context. He's obviously an otaku himself without wanting to admit it. He loves his fucking planes.
>>
>Simon Pegg talking about nerd shit
>Stars in nerd shit
>>
Maybe I'm just nihilistic but I don't care.

>>63962260
How the hell am I supposed to know what is good and what is bad, I only have my own judgement. I read about 6-8 novels a years, but I don't know if there is any objective measure if I am reading good or bad ones.

I just find authors I really like and stick with them and similar works.
>>
>>63962260
>life is short

Manlets on suicide watch
>>
>>63963324
>Maybe I'm just nihilistic but I don't care.
That's called indifference. Nihilism is something else.
>>
>>63962151
b8/10
>>
What's really childish is obsessing over what other people will think of your interests and pretending to only be interested in mature things.
>>
>>63963398
Whatever.
>>
>>63962260
>
“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

― C.S. Lewis
>>
>>63963645
DESTROYE
D
>>
>>63962260

Putting the bible verse as being from some anime shit annoys me more than it should.
>>
>>63962260
>act as an adult
>watches anime

pick one
>>
>>63962260
Low tier bait. You're no Quentin.
>>
>>63962123
All this shit. Talking shit about shit. Thinking their shit is better shit just because they said their shit is the good shit. Iñaritu talking shit about this shit when he himself has just regurgitated the same shit since Amores Perros, thinking it's all deep and shit. Alec Guiness, shitting on childrens shit, thinking he's hot shit making the greatest shit ever. Simon Pegg having loved this shit since always, deciding to shit on it when it becomes the main shit. Cronenberg shitting on this shit because no one has given a shit about him since 1986. Friedkin being all pretentious and shit. Jodorowsky just shitting on american culture. Alan Moore thinking he's better shit than all the other comic book nerds. Lucas just being bitter that all these shitty fans thinks he's shit (rightfully so, but he's still a shitty shit). And Myazaki just being pissed off at all these perves have perverted his shitty cartoons.

Capeshit is just the shitty flavour of the month, and soon some other shit will come and flush it down the shitter.
>>
>>63963833
You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded.
>>
>>63963645

>Barfield never made me an Anthroposophist, but his counterattacks destroyed forever two elements in my own thought. In the first place he made short work of what I have called my “chronological snobbery,” the uncritical acceptance of the intellectual climate common to our own age and the assumption that whatever has gone out of date is on that account discredited. You must find why it went out of date. Was it ever refuted (and if so by whom, where, and how conclusively) or did it merely die away as fashions do? If the latter, this tells us nothing about its truth or falsehood. From seeing this, one passes to the realization that our own age is also “a period,” and certainly has, like all periods, its own characteristic illusions. They are likeliest to lurk in those widespread assumptions which are so ingrained in the age that no one dares to attack or feels it necessary to defend them.
>C.S Lewis

Anti-matter to the CURRENT YEAR types
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.