[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Professional screenwriter can't accurately assess a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21
File: max.png (22 KB, 573x190) Image search: [Google]
max.png
22 KB, 573x190
>Professional screenwriter can't accurately assess a character from a children's movie
Why is this allowed? Is this why Hollywood screenwriting is so fucked?
>>
>>63961727
>Professional
Fuck off reddit.
>>
>My friend went on a random killing spree and rampage
>Now I will go on a pilgrimage in his honor

See I can boil down Chronicle to sound fucking retarded aswell, but that would rely on people having seen Chronicle to get
>>
It's shitty writing, and only a disney cuck would defend it.
>>
>thinking that storm troopers are just going to let you leave peacefully
So it's not enough that we established them as murderers who slaughter innocent villagers or that he did it purely in self defense in that shot, but we need the thoughts of a probably gay hipster whose claim to fame is having a dad that murdered children to tell us otherwise. I wonder what his next abortion of a film will be.
>>
>>63961798
The issue is that Finn never gave a fuck about his "friend", we never see him interacting with anything more than his helmet, which is identical to Finn's, i.e. this could've been me moment, and we see him becoming physically scared of his environment. Self-perservation is what drives Finn, not some schmaltz Max inserted into the scene that wasn't even hinted at.
>>
>>63961798
And the other way
>I was bullied
>better kill random innocents because why the fuck not
>>
>>63961727
Fuck off Max
>>
>>63961727
I'm pretty sure Finn left because he didn't like gunning down unarmed people. Landis is a moron, but we already knew that.
>>
>>63961727
>Jedi are supposed to peacekeepers of the galaxy
>Luke kills a ton of Empire people and Obi Wan cuts a dude's arm off
Why are the Star Wars films so violent? Only the prequels got it right with intense negotiation scenes
>>
File: catfood1_400.gif (2 MB, 380x270) Image search: [Google]
catfood1_400.gif
2 MB, 380x270
>>63961727
By now we all should know that there’s nothing of adult interest in Star Wars.
read the kinf of /tv/'s review at http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428730/star-wars-demystified
>>
Max has never written a movie better than TFA

and TFA is like a 7/10 at most
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 665x435) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 665x435
>>
File: d2d74209365350_full.jpg (43 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
d2d74209365350_full.jpg
43 KB, 500x375
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c80SNPOOXiE

why is he so cute bros?
>>
>>63961892
They weren't peacekeepers until prequel shit made it so. The OT had them being ancient KNIGHTS, warriors. Lost in myth. Not the spergs that danced around twenty years prior to New Hope
>>
>>63961727
I think that it isn't that his friend died it's that he realized that "Oh shit, I'm just a janitor, I'm gonna die here"
>>
Max "Children Chopper" Landis
Max "Free chopper rides" Landis
Max "Helicopter Haircut" Landis
Max "my dad is a helicopter parent" Landis.
Max "kill the gook with a CH-47 Chinook" Landis
Max "get to the choppa" Landis.
Max ''slaughter them all'' Landis
Max "Heads will Roll" Landis
Max "Dad wanted me to get a head" Landis
Max "Nebrotism" Landis
Max "Fly Lower" Landis
Max "Get to the Choppa" Landis
JOHN 'CHOP THE TOP AND WATCH EM DROP' LANDIS
John "when the chopper goes wild, we kill another child" Landis.
Max "when the chopper goes wild, we kill another child" Landis.
Max "kid clipper Jr." Landis
Max "son of the flying guillotine" Landis
Max "fly low, sweet chariot. daddy's gonna cut off your head" Landis.
John "full body bris" Landis
Max "Slicer and Dicer, with a side of rice-er" Landis
Max "uptomyknees in the blood of two kids and a guy" Landis
Max "If there's an epicanthic fold, put them in the ground cold" Landis
Max "China Syndrome" Landis
Max "Stunt double? Just hire twins" Landis
Max "How do I get this helicopter to" Landis
Max "I can't" Landis
Max "Spin around, and Cut them Down" Landis
max "my dad killed people" landis
Max 'pop their top like ol pop' Landis
Max "I suck dick while my dad kills for kicks" Landis
Max "Kids aren't bad helipads" Landis
Max "My dad directed Blues Brothers and loves crying Vietnamese mothers" Landis
Max "how do I" Landis
Max "Twilight Zone is covered with children's bones" Landis
Max "They broke my fall, but it killed them all" Landis
Max "i feel glad when i kill jennifer jason leigh's dad" Landis
Max "kid killing yid" Landis.
Max "Yellow peril" Landis
Max "gleefully spins propeller penis to Landis hate" Landis
Max "Death from above" Landis
Max "Asian Abrasion" Landis
Max "daddy thinks it's alright as long as the chinks die at night" Landis
max 'son of a shameless child murderer' landis
>>
>>63961727

He didn't have a fucking choice.

I get the feeling Max has never had to make a difficult decision in his life.
>>
>>63961727
Why is this gay douche trying to adopt le contrarian /tv culture? This is worse than faggots who post /b/ memes on facebook.
>>
>>63962238

It felt super rushed, Killing people is really hard, i get the feeling you never killed anyone in your life.
>>
>>63961727

I automatically disregard anything this faggot says because of his haircut.
>>
>>63962469

It didn't feel rushed; it was either don't shoot the Stormtroopers and succumb to blaster fire and explode, or shoot the Stormtroopers and escape. It's really not that difficult to comprehend.
>>
Will someone send this thread to Landis?
>>
>>63962514
nigga looks like miley cyrus. I bet he debated with himself if he should use greentext for that post and settled on quotations instead
>>
MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS

Welcome to the hourly Max Landis everybody! Check the official Max Landis Youtube channel, check the official Max Landis Twitter and remember to check out Victor Frankenstein on Blu-ray! Also be sure to pay attention to my vlogs because I'm a massive failure and I'll never get another movie made in Hollywood again!

Do your part to save original ideas in Hollywood and see my new 4,675th Frankenstein adaptation!

MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS MAX LANDIS
>>
Finn is only against gunning down innocent and defenseless people.
>>
>>63962536
Landis MADE this thread.
>>
>>63961826
>having a dad that murdered children

And Vic Morrow, anon. Don't forget Vic Morrow.
>>
>>63962585
Nope, I just browsed his twitter for some Mary Sue drama and came across that shit kernel
>>
File: Star Wars TR-8R Red Eyes.jpg (218 KB, 784x904) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars TR-8R Red Eyes.jpg
218 KB, 784x904
>>63961878
>I'm pretty sure Finn left because he didn't like gunning down unarmed people.
makes me wonder why the other stormtroopers are 100% ok with it, yet this random stormtrooper has this huge conscience.
>>
>be Nazi janitor
>suddenly Himmler tells me to go on a raid
>boats arrive, get out and shit starts flying everywhere
>my best friend dies in front of me
>suddenly Himmler comes and asks me to kill a bunch of innocent villagers
>when I get back to the bunker there's a great opportunity for me to get the fuck out of there

There, put in real-life terms.
>>
>>63961727
Finn didn't give a shit about his friend, he cared about himself and realising how expendable he really was to the First Order. It was self-preservation, not empathy.

This is why all your movies are shit Max, you lack any sense of nuance other than making quirky loner protagonists. Fuck off and stop trying to make yourself popular on this board.
>>
File: Star Wars Captain Phasma.png (1 MB, 1492x1611) Image search: [Google]
Star Wars Captain Phasma.png
1 MB, 1492x1611
>>63962743
why didn't he shoot the civvies though if it was all self-preservation?
>>
File: zoom.gif (2 MB, 300x164) Image search: [Google]
zoom.gif
2 MB, 300x164
>being ordered to execute unarmed civilian prisoners is the same as having to defend yourself from soldiers trying to kill you
>>
>>63962779
He was having a fucking panic attack, when he noticed Kylo saw him it was already too late
>>
>>63962779
Because it was a moment of shock and confusion. He saw someone die right in front of him, someone he trained with and knew and realised it was only a matter of time before he was dead too. He just couldn't go on, it was his first assignment and killing civilians would have cemented him as a Stormtrooper. His decision to not act, to do good and rebel against the First Order was the first step to defiance.
>>
>>63961727

You can always tell what movies Max wishes he was hired to write (usually franchises worshiped by his generation entirely out of his skill level as a writer) because he always loudly gives them shallow one dimensional nitpicky criticism for as much attention as possible with an implied "I COULD DO BETTER".

The only stuff he praises is stuff he has no interest in working on himself because he's desperate and bitter and has a massive ego.
>>
>Why is this allowed?
because people generally don't have a problem with it.
>>
>>63961727
What is he referring to?
>>
>>63962694

Why next kill all his friends with no problem whatsoever? Couldn't they show a scene with him shooting one of them in the legs?
>>
File: SpaceX Gives Up On Space.png (74 KB, 679x558) Image search: [Google]
SpaceX Gives Up On Space.png
74 KB, 679x558
>>63962853
and yet he then starts risking his life for the resistance like a day later.
>>
>>63962908
>This person I don't know since there are 10,000 troops on this ship is about to kill me
>Let me magically shoot through his TIE fighter and into his leg
>>
>>63961848
>Self-perservation is what drives Finn
This. He decides to leave immediately after he's told to hand in his blaster for inspection, which will likely lead to his execution for cowardice, if the First Order is any good at being evil.
>>
>>63962853

WHY KILL OTHER STORMTROOPER WITH GLEE THEN? HE WAS A STORMTROOPER NOT HOURS BEFORE. WHAT IF THE STORMTROOPER HE WAS KILLING AT THE MOMENT WAS HE? NO EMPATHY WHATSOEVER?
>>
>>63962921
>and yet he then starts risking his life for the resistance like a day later.
That never fucking happened. He only risked his life for his waifu. He lies to the resistance telling them he can disable the star killer shields just so he could save Rey, only Han manages to talk him into helping them in the end. Finn literally didn't give a shit about stopping the star killer.
>>
>>63961848
This. Watching another stormtrooper die in front of him was like watching himself die. Suddenly he was no longer detached, and the situation became "too real."

It still doesn't excuse him gleefully murdering his co-workers later, though. Really he should only hate the management. If he just blew up the command post part of the hangar and tried to spare as many of his former brethren as possible I would have liked it a bit better.
>>
>>63962921
No he doesn't, he risks his life to escape with Rey and find safety with the resistance. There's like 10 lines where he says he doesn't want to find BB8, he just wants to leave the system
>>
I did not like the movie, but this complaint is retarded.
It would make sense if Finn decided to join the resistance at that very spot and escaped the first order to do so. But he only wanted to desert and escape the war, get as far away from it as possible.

It was other people that forced him to keep returning to Jakku, and in process he formed friendship with Poe and crush on Rey. After that he decided to join the resistance, perhaps justifying it with something like 'only by defeating the first order we can end the war and save thousands of stormtroopers as well'

I mean close IRL example would be the Vlasov soldiers - They were anti-communist Russians that joined German army and fought against Russia and killed Russians in order to save it from communism.

>>63962908
Chances are he had few (let's say a dozen) friends in the army. Given the size of First Order military he likely never even encountered them again.

They would probably not deploy them against him anyway for fear of even more deserting.
>>
>>63962938
They had im scheduled for a reprogramming session
>>
>>63962936

>This person THAT COULD'VE BEEN ME NOT MOMENTS BEFORE is about to kill me
>Let me KILL HIM AND KEEP FIGHTING FOR THE RESISTANCE DESPITE BEING SUCH A SELF-INTERESTED AND COWARD PERSON
>>
>>63962948
Fuck off with your meme caps, he killed people because it was kill or die in a moment of heat.

Also, he didn't give a shit about other Stormtroopers, there's thousands of the cunts and they're encouraged to not grow attached/
>>
>>63962109

He was pretty qt a few months ago before he shaved half his hair off and really doubled down on the amphetamines. Now he's got that gaunt, ragged look Lindsay Lohan started getting.

Sad desu
>>
>>63961727
Who is this person and why should I care?
>>
>>63962938
I thought that the blaster inspection thing was just a sexual innuendo
>>
>>63963001
>THAT COULD'VE BEEN ME NOT MOMENTS BEFORE

What?
>>
>>63961727
>friend

Finn didn't really care about him, he was afraid of suffering the same fate (aka dying, morons) and couldn't kill innocent people.
>>
>>63963001
His only initial motivation was deserting and escaping the war. Temporarily siding with the resistance was the only way at the time. I mean there are IRL cases of soldiers killing the sentries on duty just so they could desert.
>>
>>63963022
I think he's on ketamine too.
>>
>>63962993
That could mean something even worse than death.
>>
>>63963001
Did you actually watch the movie, or just surmise the plot from angry /tv/ posts?
>>
>>63962660
Maybe the mind wash fails from time to time and some other sotrmtroopers also betrayed in the past, they are just killed soon after
>>
>>63963013

He never faced battle before, was a Stormtrooper hours before and was self-interested. Despite this he has no problems in killing Stormtroopers and constantly htorws himself into battle for a chick.
>>
>>63962938
>>63961848
You guys are making up shit just as much as the othe side of the fence. Fact is Finn is a terrible character with no real clear motivation for what he did, and then he becomes complete background noise as soon as he bumps into Rey. For every bit of attention JJ pays to him you might as well have cut his screne time down to Poes pathetic amount.
>>
>>63961727
Are people still trying to claim Star Wars is for children?
>>
>>63962166
Are you retarded? Obi Wan said himself they were the keepers of peace for 1000 generations
>>
>>63963132
>believing Obi Wan
He also said Darth Vader killed Luke's father and that Anakin was a good friend
>>
>>63963027
Some no name screenwriter.
>>
>>63963116
>You guys are making up shit just as much as the othe side of the fence.
The movie hits you over the head with how scared Finn is. Beyond panicking on the battlefield he's still breathing hard and is jittery when he arrives on base, later there's his "stay stay calm" quip, and the fact that unless Rey is in danger his only motive is to GTFO as fast as possible from the area where the battles occur.
>>
>>63963111
He was literally trained from birth to fight

He has no problem killing people trying to kill him, like most people.

He stays with Rey because she's a pilot and he needs her, same reason he busted out Poe. He went back to Starkiller to save her because they became friends through their journey, much like how Han came back for Luke.
>>
>>63963128
how isn't it? its space fantasy

was star wars too mature for you as a kid?

I love star wars but its overall an all ages story
>>
File: 1421252195708.jpg (34 KB, 292x257) Image search: [Google]
1421252195708.jpg
34 KB, 292x257
>>63962207
>Max "kill the gook with a CH-47 Chinook" Landis
FFS!
>>
File: nepotism.jpg (216 KB, 500x741) Image search: [Google]
nepotism.jpg
216 KB, 500x741
>>63961727
The answer is that Max Landis is the son of John Landis, creator of such films as Animal House and The Blues Brothers.
>>
>>63961727
The niggers, they are unpredictable.
>>
>>63961992
how does TFA qualify as a movie on its own when it is just plagiarism
>>
>>63963198

The problem is that the guy was a scared little shit that never faced battle and moments later is shooting blasters anf facing danger while killing Stormtrooper with pure glee on his face. Nigga was cracking jokes.

There's no excuse for this and you know it. I get it. You enjoyed the movie and is in pure hype state, but come on, man. You aren't married to JJ. You don't need to defend him with such a force.
>>
>>63963208
How is it? Calling it a "children's film" was the bullshit Lucas tried to use to excuse shit like Jar Jar and the Ewoks, yet crammed it full of adult themes like politics and violence.
>>
>>63963182
Cmon now, he went hacking troopers up with a lightsaber and gladly infiltrated the gay ass starkiller with han. If he was just a chicken that wouldnt be the case. It also doesnt make sense for a trooper in one of the most elite units in the FO to be afraid of combat. Its all made up perceptions at this point because hes largely an abandoned character 10 mins after his reveal. Every bit of movie focus shifts soley to Han and Rey.
>>
>>63961727
stop giving attention to this clown. that's what he wants.
>>
>>63963264
>plagiarism
Disney owns the rights, therefore it's a re-imagining of the original films.
>>
>>63961727
max landis is such a fraudulent hack
>>
>>63963299
have you never had a serious crush on agirl? you are willing to do terrible things when you are a beta orbiter
>>
>>63963270
>The problem is that the guy was a scared little shit that never faced battle and moments later is shooting blasters anf facing danger while killing Stormtrooper with pure glee on his face. Nigga was cracking jokes.
People are allowed to panic in their first battle, the first time the witness death, it doesn't mean they wusses5lyfe. Finn still didn't want to fight and needed Maz's encouragement first in her castle, and then the urge to defend his waifu in the forest.
>>
>>63963264
no worse than chronicle with akira
or american ultra with the bourne identity
or victor frankenstein with frankenstein
>>
>>63963299
He's not a total coward, but he basically has only two motives in this movie: self-perservation, and protecting waifu. The second surpasses the first.
>>
>>63963357
I've done my share of terrible things for my girl. Still doesn't tip the fence one way or another, and the bitch still got dropped faster than a twilek hooker. The movie was the Han and Rey show... everything else ended up as a piece in the backdrop with no attention payed to it.
>>
>>63963299
But they weren't innocent, they had weapons and were attacking him compared to just straight up murdering defenseless people.
Jesus Christ /tv/ is retarded if they agree with Max. Love or hate the movie, this "criticism" is stupid
>>
>>63961892
They weren't peacekeepers, they were esoterics/hermeticists/alchemists as they are depicted in the old books.
Also:
>You come to a bar and start spitting in people's faces, kicking them in the groin etc
>You come to my table and try to pull that shit on me
>I knock you out before you do anything
>I'm the violent one
>>
>>63962993
interesting point raised when the officers were discussing discussing his betrayal was that they couldn't find anything wrong with his record up till that point. Which probably means Finn's programming was broken by something external - best guess is that 'awakening' Snoke was on about and that would indicate he's force sensitive too
>>
>>63963270
You really seem to be enforcing your own view of how a character has to act, rather than accepting that people can have different reactions.

Your entire argument is that since Finn was scared of his own mortality, he would be totally unable to fight, and if he did would do it with stoney sombreness.

Yet we know that Finn has been trained in combat all his life, it's not unreasonable to think he would be able to act aggressively once he's set out to desert the order. Self-preservation is an essential human instict. And he's not doing it out of glee, he's getting pure euphoria from not being killed. Haven't you ever seen videos of soldiers laughing after surviving death?
>>
>>63963292
so does adventure time

the politics were fantastical(and terribly portrayed) as well and the violence is with lasers and laser swords
>>
>>63963238
Oh, you mean Max "My dad directed Blues Brothers and loves crying Vietnamese mothers" Landis?
>>
>>63963508
Yes. Yessir.
>>
>>63963442
They were shooting back in the beginning too m8. Then he happily joins forces with the guy who was doing it.
>>
File: image.png (708 KB, 1024x435) Image search: [Google]
image.png
708 KB, 1024x435
>>63961727
>Finn realized what the first order is doing is wrong (I.E. slaughtering civilians like animals)
>wants out
>joins with the resistance member, Poe to escape because he needs a pilot
>throughout the movie Finn goes along with the resistance

Come on, Landis. Don't tell me those dead Asian kids your dad fed you aren't going to your brain.
>>
>>63963545
Oh, Max "Daddy knew John Belushi and turned Asian children into sushi" Landis?
>>
>>63963581
How would he have known that was wrong?
>>
>>63963487
That doesn't mean it's thus a children's film. FFS, you think kids understand the Trade Federation guff that filled TPM? Or the Senate? Or the Jedi Council?

Lucas even went one further in the '97 with the SEs by dotting the films with stupid fucking beep-and-squeak aliens, fart noises and silly CGI characters.

Marketing merchandise at kids doesn't make the films for children. Christ, even T2 sold action figures and the likes and there's no way something like that is "jus summat sweet fo tha fuckin kidz"
>>
File: 1387743726332.jpg (32 KB, 579x329) Image search: [Google]
1387743726332.jpg
32 KB, 579x329
>>63962109
you stupid faggot
>>
>>63963607
No, I mean Max "dad directed Kentucky Fried Movie and thinks killing chinks is extra groovy" Landis.
>>
>>63963616
>How would a force-sensitive, emotional young man know that slaughtering defenseless civilians is wrong.

Even the Hitler Youth had deserters man
>>
>>63963719
> force sensitive
No
>>
>>63962660
They us brain washing but it's not 100% effective that is why they were going to have him sent back to be reconditioned.
>>
>>63963689
Oh, you mean Max "father directed Trading Places and like to eat Asian childrens' faces" Landis?
>>
>>63963736
>Could sense the death of planets when Starkiller blew them up
>Could sense that TIE fighters were about to bomb the tent he and Rey were in
>Was told by Maz that he was fit to weild a lightsaber
>Was sensed by Kylo Ren's own force-awareness

Yes
>>
>>63963794
shit that's pretty good
>>
>>63963794
Sorry, are we talking about Max "My dad directed Chevy Chase and tried to purge the Asian race" Landis?
>>
>>63961863

Being indifferent and uninvolved doesn't make you innocent.
>>
File: star-wars-12-sabers.jpg (1 MB, 900x1391) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-12-sabers.jpg
1 MB, 900x1391
>>63963719
>force-sensitive
Finn isn't Force sensitive (or at least, nothing has indicated he is yet).

And don't say "he used a lightsaber." A recent, canon comic had Han Solo and Chewbacca (along with Leia, but she actually is Force sensitive) using lightsabers to fight stormtroopers. Chewie even uses two lightsabers.

Anyone can swing a lightsaber around. You just need the Force to do the cool stuff (like deflect and reflect lasers, which is why you'd bring a laser sword to a laser gunfight in the first place).
>>
>>63962788

These were rebel sympathizers.
>>
>>63963823
>Could sense the death of planets when Starkiller blew them up
You mean see. With eyes. That even non force sensitive humans have.

>Could sense that TIE fighters were about to bomb the tent he and Rey were in
You mean hear. With ears. That even non force sensitive humans have.
>>
>>63961863
that literally happens though. Look at Elliot Rodger and any stupid mass shooter.
>>
>>63963823
Wut
TIEs are fucking loud
I don't remember the specifics, but she also states shes not a jedi so who cares
Why would you not be able to sense a specific person, especially a traitor

Its still all circumstantial until he does something actually force related like god child Rey, which he wont. And it still doesnt hand wave away a potential defector being placed in hitlers personal guard either.
>>
>>63963823
He "sensed the death of planets" by looking up at the sky.

He "sensed the bombers" by hearing them buzz overhead (the audience can hear them, too).

Maz told him to use the lightsaber because it was all he had.

Kylo Ren sensed the Force in Rey, not Finn.
>>
>>63963823

>we were jedi knights and shieeeit

You're stupid.
>>
>>63963633
it still does still just a whacky fantasy tale with that shit, most people can't even die
even LOTR which does deal with more more mature and real themes than star wars, was considered to be children's stories

Doesn't make it bad but adult fiction just isn't about magic, space wizards, and cartoon rabbit things

adult fiction usually has something to say about who were are as people and the world we live. Often dealing with real issues that actual people can relate to in the real world

star wars is escapism, which wasn't ever considered to be anything but childish until the last 30 years
>>
>>63963857
Oh, Max "daddy directed Thriller and is a certified rice nigger killer" Landis! I can dig that.
>>
>>63963116
>no real clear motivation for what he did

Are you retarded?
>>
>>63963879
>A recent, canon comic
>canon comic
>canon
>comic

yeah

no
>>
>>63963155
technically not a lie
>>
>>63964006

You're stupid for making it about his race.
>>
>>63964088
Most Star Wars material released after April 25, 2014 is canon and that includes novels and comics.
>>
>>63964082
Are you? Hitlers guard just goes awol. Scared, miraculously righteous, scarred by a comrades death. Who the fuck knows because all hes used for the rest of the movie is one scene as a badass getting his ass kicked and comedic relief.
>>
>>63964078
That's right, Max "Daddy directed Spies Like Us and likes yellow childrens' heads to toss" Landis!
>>
>>63964171
That doesn't work. Try harder.
>>
>>63964206
Max "Dad should have cut off his faggot son's head with an axe" Landis, is that you?
>>
>>63961822
this.

star wars faggots are the worst. theyll gobble down shit and ask for seconds because nothing can ever be wrong with their pwechious fwanchise.

fuck off star shits. seriously kill yourselves.
>>
>>63963937
>Look at Elliot Rodger and any stupid mass shooter.

only elliot wasnt sposed to be the hero of the movie, dipshit.
>>
>his friend

Why do we all assume that Finn has a personal relationship with the stormtrooper who died, and it isn't just one of his fellow soldiers?

I took the blood-on-helmet scene as Finn being shocked by the hell of war, which is punctuated by his unwillingness to kill innocents. That's why him wanting to run away on Takodana works well - it implies that he's not cut out for violent armed conflict.
>>
>>63964127

Not stupid enough to misunderstand a children movie.
>>
>>63964464
Then how did he get the job he did? Certainly you dont place a fresh recruit on one of if not the most elite squads in the first order and he would have seen action prior, especially with his ability to stay calm the entire remainder of the movie.
>>
>>63964585
>on one of if not the most elite squads

Do we know this for a fact?
>>
>>63964088
Han used a lightsaber to cut into that creature on Hoth.
>>
>>63963879
>>63964088
>>63964152

Man it's like you fucks never even watched the original trilogy...
>>
>>63963155
He was right, from a certain point of view.
>>
>>63964675
Its one personally accompanying Kylo and reporting directly to Phasma who appears to be one of the highest ST commanders. So yes.
>>
>>63964780
>>63964678
i was commenting on his using a comic as reference to what governs canon mythology

but yourE right i never watched the OT its a 100 year old childrens movie

LAZER SWORDZZ
>>
>>63963299
Why do people keep ignoring the fact that stormtroopers were slaughtering innocents five minutes into the movie? Finn didn't want to die fighting for a cause he didn't believe in. Fucking simple as that. There's nothing hypocritical about it.
>>
>>63964782

I think the line stating that Finn was on his first deployment backs up the argument that it was just a group of troopers Kylo Ren and Phasma assembled to accompany /them/ as they personally went to deal with San Tekka.
>>
>>63961727
I see your point. I don't think it was because that trooper was his friend. I think it was because he realised how scary war was and how expendable the troopers were to the new order.
>>
File: gotit.png (345 KB, 498x568) Image search: [Google]
gotit.png
345 KB, 498x568
>>63961727
Max "my dad decapitated little Asian kids" Landis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=djVBzrucNLY
>>
>>63964336
you mean helicopter :^)
>>
>>63963879
snoke was saying there had been an awakening before rey had even come into the story
He was obviously talking about finn or maybe whoever cut this movie fucked up
>>
File: samefagging.jpg (9 KB, 158x35) Image search: [Google]
samefagging.jpg
9 KB, 158x35
>>63961727
Max is right.
Also look at those samefag statistics.
Someone is busy shilling for star wars.
>>
>>63962694
My real question was why they threw a janitor on the front lines anyway. I could understand if the First Order was on their very last legs but that doesn't seem like the case at all.
>>
>>63961992
>TFA
>7/10

Back to fucking reddit
>>
>>63967442
>>>/tumblr/
>>
File: star-wars-7-trailer-image-6.png (231 KB, 616x256) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-7-trailer-image-6.png
231 KB, 616x256
The problem is that the beginning of the movie humanizes the Stormtroppers too much

With that little moment of Finn holding the dying body of one of his comrades and gets horrified at his death

Then the continuing fight between the FO an the Resistence, just a bunch of death around him that he doesn't want to deal with anymore

It's actually a really good opening scene and made me have high hopes for this film, maybe Finn giving an angle on the Stormtroopers and what's it like to be in that environment, knowing that you're disposable fodder. Can lead to an existential crisis and a lot of conflict between Finn and the other characters as they pick his former comrades off.

But no it becomes LEL DO I TAlK FIRST OR YOU DO and then WHOOO WHOOOOOO!!!!! while Finn kills people who could be just like him and thus starts this shitty film
>>
>>63968610
I agree with you, but the fact of the matter is you can't have a Thin Red Line IN SPAAAACE. It has to be a popcorn movie with fun adventure, not an existential drama.

Although they have the actors and the technique to pull it off. Commercialism ruined it.
>>
>>63969023
>Thin Red Line
Implying this is anything other than pretentious trash.

>inb4 go back to reddit
>inb4 b-b-b-but malick is patrician
>>
>>63968610
Agreed, the opening scene was 10/10 material, and then it just went places
>>
File: 1450672207617.png (133 KB, 997x365) Image search: [Google]
1450672207617.png
133 KB, 997x365
>>63961727
>>
File: 1450674918264.jpg (187 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
1450674918264.jpg
187 KB, 1200x850
GRITTY STORMTROOPER BAND OF BROTHERS FUCKING WHEN
>>
>>63969126
literally 2deep4you

Check yourself.
>>
>>63966316
>before rey came into the story
why isnt rey the one "awakening" then? she uses her force powers unknowingly when that sith dude tries to read her mind
>>
>>63969414
see
>>63969023

Maybe as a spin-off.
>>
>>63969581
The Thin Red Line is far from deep.
>>
>>63964382

neither was the guy who killed all the innocents, lil dick
>>
>>63969641
First one is ocean's eleven, second one is boba fett and third one is han solo.
>>
>It's a "Max Landis tries to be controversial so nobody can go a week without hearing about him" episode
>>
Is it too late??
>>
>>63962959
the bull just wanted to fuck his white pussy, thanks JewJew we knew you had it in you. Still can't believe people are sucking this dick dry.
>>
>>63963198
Lol no
He was a janitor
It seems the first order kidnaps babies so it can use clone war indoctrination on them
But they are used most of the time in construction and so on not fighting until they reach a certain age - when ginger pubes does his Munich rally he tells a horde of them about this weapon they built
>>
>>63966316
He also said the dark awakened too. Nobody talks about this.
>>
>>63963321
>re-imagining of the original films.
done to the number 7 of the series, what a bunch of faggots
>>
File: 1442167223255.png (116 KB, 800x388) Image search: [Google]
1442167223255.png
116 KB, 800x388
>>63969702
>>
>>63969907
Yo a blonde pussy jew need to follow something...
>>
>>63963442
>defenseless people
Before the Troopers land we see the rebels set up guns.
Before we see Finn engage in action, we see Troopers dead on the ground.
>>
>>63961727
Nepotism
>>
>>63970070
Wat
>>
>>63963572
The guy who killed someone in front of him, no less
>>
>>63961727
>it's a children's movie is a valid excuse for lazy writing

no, fuck you
and fuck Landis even if he's right
>>
>>63961992
Some people can be so inconsiderate

I saw The Stupids yesterdays it was dumb but funny
>>
Smega
>>
>>63969390
still better than kike wars
>>
File: ;).png (483 KB, 528x639) Image search: [Google]
;).png
483 KB, 528x639
>>63961727
>that emote text

Do you guys thinks he ERPs on steam?
>>
Why do people pretend this schlock is some sort of cultural epoch that inspires people to be "brave".

Like do they live in a fantasy world? Do they really think "young girls" need Rey to feel confident in themselves? How long since they were in high school? Try to talk to 90% of high school girls about Star Wars for more than 10 seconds and they will laugh at you.
Thread replies: 176
Thread images: 21

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.