[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 477x543) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 477x543
What do you think SUPREME LEADER SNOKE's backstory will be?
>>
He's a big guy
>>
>>63960170
Idk but I'm curious since he looks about 80. Where has he been?
>>
Same species as Maz. They knew each other/related
>>
>>63960317
For you
>>
>>63960170

He is Darth PLagueis. His skull is damaged because Sidious stroke him with a lightsaber in the face while he was seeping and left him for death...
>>
File: Tragedy.jpg (981 KB, 1456x816) Image search: [Google]
Tragedy.jpg
981 KB, 1456x816
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis, the Wise?
>>
>>63960645
>>63961237

Abrams isn't going to reference the prequels.
>>
He's the real Luke who turned to dark side. The Luke they find in the end of ep 7 is fake.
>>
>>63961299
Well its a good thing hes not making the next two films
>>
i feel he has a history of crawling in my skin with wounds that will not heal
>>
>>63960645
I'd be ok with that. He had a cool voice, was that Serkis too?
>>
>>63960170

plagueis
>>
>>63961361
That sounds uncomfortable.
>>
>Kylo Ren looks like Snape
>Supreme leader is called Snoke (comedy name) and looks like Voldemort

shaking my head to be honest familia
>>
>>63960170
By now we all should know that there’s nothing of adult interest in Star Wars.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/428730/star-wars-demystified
>>
>>63960170
Disney toys department came up with the character.
>>
It's Mace Windu
>>
>>63961299
Abrams isn't making the next film, thankfully. He did a great job with TFA just because of the fact that its purpose was to simply reintroduce the audience to Star Wars. We've seen what happens when he tries to make a sequel a la Into Darkness. It fell flat without any originality, so I think a new director for the sequels is a good choice.
>>
>>63960170
Luke and Leia's secret inbred son.
>>
>>63960170
Yodas father
>>
>>63960170

Sheev
>>
File: flagslisted.jpg (53 KB, 800x295) Image search: [Google]
flagslisted.jpg
53 KB, 800x295
>>63961299
>>63961343
>>63961654
but JJ DID REFERENCE THE PREQUELS!!!!!!

ALL OF THE FLAGS ARE FROM THE POD RACES
PIC RELATED.

THIS MOVIE HAS ALOT OF EASTER EGGS.
>>
>>63960170
John Harrison.
>>
>>63961754
PIC RELATED AGAIN
>>
>>63961456
>han looks like dumbledore
well, it did cross my mind too, especialy because kylo asked han for help to kill him
>>
>>63960170
This guy is just a puppet. A pawn for Darth Jar Jar
>>
He's Plagueis. It's so fucking obvious at this point.

He saw the Empire "rise, and then fall". He's going to complete Kylo's training which means he's in a position from which he can train people in the dark side (e.g. a Sith). He's "wise". His musical cue is a slightly reworked version of the music that plays in the opera house scene in Episode III when Sheev tells Anakin about Plagueis. Plagueis' description in Episode III is all about how he could cheat death. The new canon novels and shit have made mention of Plagueis without specifying his species in seemingly forced passages because why even bring him up in the new canon if he's not relevant. The new canon novels and shit have also had story passages detailing how Sith lords could extend their life by stealing the Force essence from others, also seemingly irrelevant bits of lore that serve no purpose to the story at hand.

It's barely even up for debate at this point.
>>
>>63960170
Darth Vaders dark side force ghost
>>
>implying the writers know what's up with Snoke

When they designed the character they just made something up that looks creepy while being influenced by a series of horror movies they liked (just like Lucas was inspired by stuff he liked). There were no specifications that had to be met concerning current or future plot points. He is just a new creepy guy who is the emperor without being the emperor.
>>
>>63960170
he looks like a worse version of the bad guy from Star Trek 09

apologies trekkies for not knowing his name. The romulan guy you know who I'm talking about
>>
>>63961980
that whole paragraph has not 1 thing that points to Snoke himself being plagueis
>>
>>63960170
he looks like has a lust for revenge
>>
>>63960645
seeping into what?
>>
>>63961496
What the fuck is this Marxist drivel? That is the most leftist and "liberal" cultural Marxist garbage I've read all year. The author needs to be gassed
>>
>>63962510

>sleeping
>>
>>63961299

Maz Kanata explicitly mentions the "Sith" a word only used in the prequels to describe the villains.
>>
>dat quality

is this how most of /tv/ watches films? no wonder you're always bitching
>>
>>63962910
That's wrong though, the word "sith" is used in the OT
>>
>>63962944
When?
>>
>>63962944
no it's not, try watching films before talking about them you fucking ingrate, also there was a clear reference to clone troopers
>>
>>63962944

Liar.
>>
>>63960170
He's a bodyjumper.

Ren's final training is going to be Snoke taking over his body
>>
>>63961299
Just by bringing up the use of clones instead of Hux's men, he referenced the prequels
>>
>>63961299
Clone Troopers are mentioned by Lux and Kylo, but this is to affirm to the audience that the Stormtroopers are not clones because otherwise they would assume Boyega's character is a Jango Clone, and JJ wants us, the audience, to know he was a kidnapped baby.

I personally think it would be cooler if he were a Jango Clone because then he would be the one mutant clone who developed feelings and emotions independently, which would be kinda cool. Also he would literally be mass-murdering himself, he would be recognized by anyone who had ever seen any stormtrooper with their helmet off before, and the First Order could fuck up his shit in a sequel by sending in one or more identical clones as spies to infiltrate the resistance and try and replace Finn.

Maybe he will turn out to be Mace Windu's son or a Calrissian but that would just be pointless fanservice wankery. I think the clone thing was a missed opportunity.
>>
Its going to be Sheev Palpatine again. He's now a ghost possessing a force sensitive Gollum-like alien.

Either that or Snoke is just a hologram and Palpatine shows up like the Wizard of Oz.
>>
>>63962671
>Thinks Armond White is marxist

Helloooooo reddit
>>
>>63962372
His name was Nero.
>>
Hopefully Sheev will make a cameo in Ep. 8 or 9 in a flashback scene.
>>
>>63962973
>>63963011
>>63963017

Star Wars: A New Hope script

STAR WARS - Episode IV. A NEW HOPE

From the JOURNAL OF THE WHILLS by George Lucas

Revised Fourth Draft January 15, 1976

LUCASFILM LTD.

INTERIOR: REBEL BLOCKADE RUNNER -- MAIN HALLWAY.

The awesome, seven-foot-tall Dark Lord of the Sith makes his way into the blinding light of the main passageway.
>>
>>63963275
>muh script
yeah, and yoda was in the throne room in ROTJ right?
>>
>>63963275
A SITH LORD?
>>
>>63963850
Chancellor Palpatine, Sith lord are our Speci-ALity.
>>
>>63963488
le man made of straw
>>
>>63963944
point out a single scene in OT where the word sith is used then buddy, we'll all wait for ya
>>
He might as well be fucking Gollum for all the difference it would make.
Third worst character in the film behind:
Phasma the Action Figure
Poe "trying way too fucking hard to be cool while just being a cardboard pilot cipher"
>>
>>63963994
It's right there in the script, faggot. It might not be said onscreen but that does mean Lucas had already come up with the sith thing from the beginning.
>>
>>63961376
Yes. Based Serkis was also the VA.
>>
>>63964019
and Yoda was in the throne room in the script for ROTJ, scripts don't mean a fucking thing and your statement:
>the word "sith" is used in the OT
is still blatantly untrue, stop trying to shift the goalposts and give us an instance of the word sith being used in OT
>>
>>63961754
CAPS LOCK ACTIVATE!!!!!!!!

FLAGS WERE ON THE PODS BECAUSE THEY REPRESENT PLANETS, SYSTEMS AND RACES

THIS DOES NOT MEAN IT IS A DIRECT HOMAGE TO THE PREQUALS
>>
>>63964073
Sith was never used in the sequal movies. But dated as far back to ANH in terms of promotional material, where Vader was referred to as "A Dark Lord of the Sith"
>>
>>63964098
They were designed for and used in the prequels first. It's a clear reference.
>>
>>63964013
I pleasantly surprised that people on this board rate Finn higher than characters like Snoke and Phasma. I thought he would get ripped into, but that doesn't look to be the case.

I'll give it another 2 months. By the time every character, bar Han Solo, will be hated.
>>
>>63964151
>finally admits to being full of shit
apology accepted
>>
>>63964151
Funny how you've moved from Sith being "in the OT" (implying use in the actual film) to "in the promotional materials [for the OT]". Like other Anon said, that's no more viable than Yoda being in the script at the ROTJ duel.

You're cherry picking. Hard.
>>
>>63964098
IT CLEARLY IS THOUGH.
>>
>>63964259
I just wanted to spread some light. I'm agreeing with you here. There's definitely some discrepancies in the script.
>>
>>63964202
Finn was the best new character by a long way. Despite some of the worst dialogue I've heard in his first few scenes.
Poe was literally "generic ace pilot with generic dialogue" in comparison.
If he had died in the last battle I wouldn't have batted an eyelid.
>>
>>63964420
Also to add. I'm not the other Anon.
>>
My theory

>he's actually rather small, like Yoda size
>that, or he's actually a very frail old man like Sheev
>Luke Skywalker slashed his face off
>he's the embodiment of the dark side itself
>he returned after Sheev's death
>he was Sheev's master
>Luke in his prime after ROTJ felt a disturbance in the Force and went after him, nearly killing him
>>
>>63960170
he have the high ground
>>
>>63960170
Its Darth Plagious obviously, palpatine mentioned he studied sith necromancy. Palpatine thought he killed him but he survived, only with fucked up body.
>>
>>63961654
>great job
>>
>>63964527
Hey buddy I think you've got the wrong door. Somethingawful is down the hall.
>>
>>63964437
Poe is there as a plot device. If there weren't a central character taking part in the dog fighting scenes, it wouldn't work so well. The whole "Here comes The Resistance to save the day and blow up the Starkiller Base scenes need someone to focus on.
>>
>>63964202

He was a genuinely interesting character because he was flawed. The other characters have "destiny" on their sides, which makes them generic and predictable, But he got left behind in some med bay.

It's like Han in carbonite, you don't really know what's in store for him next, and that makes it interesting.
>>
>>63963104
snoke took over sheev during the fight with mace windu which is why sheev's physical appearance changed and then he was released when sheev died on death star 2
>>
>>63964512
>palpatine mentioned he studied sith necromancy
If the Plagueis novel was still cannon, I would be all for him returning. But it just doesn't look to be the case. The only way I can see it being Pleagueis is because there has to be a character with a connection to past events. Or else it's just a giant asspull from the writers.

>"oh and by the way: there is this other big-bad in the universe who controls the dark aside and shit"

Which is why I hope Snoke isn't a "brand new" character.
>>
>>63960170
Damaged
>>
I bet snoke is two feet tall
>>
In the one book that is considered cannon it says the emp thought the true power of the dark side was in deeper space like outside their glaxy... So maybe they found something
>>
>>63965142
>book
>>
>>63962291
You're a fucking idiot if you think they haven't planned out the entire trilogy already.

They know exactly who he is.

And so do we.
>>
>>63961654
>a la Into Darkness
non sai nemmeno parlare inglese dio porco.
>>
File: darthp.jpg (91 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
darthp.jpg
91 KB, 1920x816
>>63960170
>>Did you ever hear of the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise? It's a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life. After I killed him in his sleep he used this power to transfer his consciousness into the midichlorians where he lived on as a disembodied ghost within the force itself, eventually he managed to use the midichlorians to create a life in the womb of your mother. You Annakin, are his creation. Qui-Gon tried to tip everyone off to this when he said he believed the midichlorians "gave birth" to you, but no one listened. You are Plagueis will made flesh and eventually you will kill me and avenge his murder. After a few decades Plagueis will gain enough strength that he can project a physical image from within the force and talk to people in the real world, he will use this to found the First Order, and then turn Ben Solo against Luke Skywalker by pretending to be you, his grandfather, when he sends him visions. Eventually Luke will realize that the only way to destroy Plagueis is to perform an exorcism upon the force itself from within the first Jedi Temple, and so will begin his search.
>>
>>63960170
>Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? No but I hear he shares the same theme as Supreme Leader Snoke.
>>
>>63963265
He should appear as a force ghost. Since they blew their load with revealing the main villain in the first film they should have someone that Snoke can answer to in the later ones. This would be Sheev
>>
>>63967510
HOLY DICKS
Plagueis Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRaiLY23gU8
Snoke Theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSQ3BJVMfAI
>>
>>63967571
Why would Snoke answer to Sheev when Sheev tried to kill him
>>
>>63967833
bumping because this>>63967782
and this >>63967510
needs to be talked about
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.