[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The [First] 12 Things Wrong With SW:TFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 23
File: wheres_mah_cock-skin.jpg (43 KB, 359x344) Image search: [Google]
wheres_mah_cock-skin.jpg
43 KB, 359x344
http://whatculture.com/film/12-reasons-star-wars-the-force-awakens-is-a-disappointment.php

>12. It Feels Incredibly Rushed
>11. The Plot Is Too Reliant On Convenience
>10. Poe Dameron Feels Like A Third Wheel
>9. Captain Phasma Was Hyped Up For Nothing
>8. There’s Too Much Homage, Not Enough Originality
>7. Starkiller Base Is Totally Underwhelming
>6. Supreme Leader Snoke’s CGI Is…Not Great
>5. Original Trilogy Characters Appear Just For The Sake Of It
>4. The Biggest Moment Is Ultimately Glossed Over
>3. John Williams’ Score Is Just OK
>2. A Ton Of Actors Are Wasted In Nothing Roles
>1. The Ending Is Extremely Frustrating

Not unlike offal, schlock takes a while to digest... but I think people are about ready to go to the toilet and evacuate their TFA haggis.
>>
The article you posted was clickbait but I'm surprised to see it clearly explained most of what was wrong with the movie.
>>
So, are bloggers now turning on TFA? Because that initial week of everyone jumping on Disney's cock was embarrassing.
>>
>>63959041
A bit of a clickbait but i'd like to see more. Despite the hype and obvious huge boxoffice explosion, even regular people you talk to after the movie didn't like it.

It's kind of tiresome to see MUH STARWARS MUH TFA LE PERFECTION MAYMAY.

TFA was mediocre and unoriginal

But hey, i must be a racist contrarian mysoginist according to the internet
>>
>>63959041
>even clickbait normies realize the movie was shit
>rlm are forever the sellout assholes of the world now when they claimed "it was everything they hoped to be AND EVEN MORE"
>>
>>63959041
yeah but that cute Rey tho
>>
>>63960390
>paper in place of cloth
man thats cheap
>>
File: rey_bddd0f27.jpg (38 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
rey_bddd0f27.jpg
38 KB, 768x431
>>63960390
This.
Only good thing about it
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 600x984) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 600x984
Disney scores a gigantic hit that nevertheless, could have made 3 Billion....
>>
>>63960365
but it was so dense... every copy-pasted scene had so much going on in it
>>
>>63960559
what -- poe-faced plain Jane?
>>
>>63960665
>le contrarian virgin face
>>
File: plotholestarwars.jpg (143 KB, 623x641) Image search: [Google]
plotholestarwars.jpg
143 KB, 623x641
>>63959041

Huffington Post's 40 plot holes of TFA was nearly flawless. It had two or three points that could be easily refuted, but the other ones are spot on, specially these ones:

>15. Let's be clear: Han's son joins the First Order, and Luke's attempts to train new Jedis goes horribly wrong, and both men respond to these setbacks by, well, abandoning the Resistance to be utterly slaughtered by the First Order.
>Luke chills on an island, and Han on a smuggler's freighter, while untold thousands or millions of innocents are killed by the Order. Can we even comprehend how pissed Leia would be at both of them, and how cowardly Leia (at least the Leia we see in the first three films) would consider them both? And yet she seems only mildly peeved at Luke, and, despite Han implying otherwise, is almost entirely happy to see him when he turns up at the Resistance stronghold.

And

>21. Kylo Ren has such a Force-enabled sense of where his father is in the Galaxy that when his father lands on Starkiller Base, Ren immediately exclaims to himself, "Solo!"
>Yet a few minutes later, when Ren is just twenty feet from Solo, he can't detect him -- and actually starts searching for him in the wrong direction.
>>
File: fetal alcohol syndrome.jpg (17 KB, 330x327) Image search: [Google]
fetal alcohol syndrome.jpg
17 KB, 330x327
>>63959041
Uhm, the worst thing really is the ugly actors. I don't want top model actors, I love the original cast and they are far from 10/10s. However, those actors we have no have no charisma at all and are just butt ugly. The girl has fetal alcohol syndrome (really, look up her mother), Darh Potato looks like some fucked up cartoon character with a weird art style, the nigger is ugly for nigger standards.
>>
Regardless of any foible, the movie contained no jarjar therefore is infinitely better than anything that hack Lucas could have shat out.
>>
>>63960804
1. The purpose of the entire film is to establish that nothing has changed. The rebellion is still fighting the empire, and it would make absolutely no sense to have established characters like Luke and Han become stay at home dads who don't venture off. They constantly went their own way during the OT.
2. The movie consistently establishes Ren as someone who is not in control of his powers. He throws tantrums, fails to read Rey's thoughts, loses his nerve after killing his dad and makes several blunders that causes him to lose the fight against Rey.

Maybe watch the movie before using click bait to get support for your errant yet ignorant opinion, k?
>>
>>63960865
The prequels are a million times better than this nostalgia cash grab for its much better cast and less edginess and childish nazi nonsense alone.

You are probably 15.
>>
>>63960945
>1. The purpose of the entire film is to establish that nothing has changed.
Way to completely shit on the OT.
>>
File: yao_ming_lol.png (38 KB, 200x193) Image search: [Google]
yao_ming_lol.png
38 KB, 200x193
>>63960804
>>Yet a few minutes later, when Ren is just twenty feet from Solo, he can't detect him -- and actually starts searching for him in the wrong direction.
>>
>>63959041
>>12. It Feels Incredibly Rushed
Two hour movie?
>>11. The Plot Is Too Reliant On Convenience
Unlike say, Star Wars where the droids conveniently end up with Luke.
>>10. Poe Dameron Feels Like A Third Wheel
Not so developed in the movie, but he has implied backstory and doubtless ongoing plot.
>>9. Captain Phasma Was Hyped Up For Nothing
Whatever.
>>8. There’s Too Much Homage, Not Enough Originality
It nicely dissassociated itself from the 1/2/3 disaster by clearly making itself part of 4/5/6.
>>7. Starkiller Base Is Totally Underwhelming
Whatever.
>>6. Supreme Leader Snoke’s CGI Is…Not Great
Agreed, looks like gollum.
>>5. Original Trilogy Characters Appear Just For The Sake Of It
See 8. Also Chewie.
>>4. The Biggest Moment Is Ultimately Glossed Over
Trilogy...
>>3. John Williams’ Score Is Just OK
Whatever
>>2. A Ton Of Actors Are Wasted In Nothing Roles
Whatever
>>1. The Ending Is Extremely Frustrating
Trilogy.
>>
>>63959041
I agree. It's all too coincidental to come across a girl who happens to be a jedi and to find a ship that happens to be the Aluminum Falcon then getting caught in the vastness of space by someone who happens to be Han who takes them to a new place where they happen to have Luke/Anakin's lightsaber that fell into oblivion on Bespin yet didn't have a fucking scratch on it.

Just too much fucking coincidence.

>8. There’s Too Much Homage, Not Enough Originality
It's 100% homage. No originality at all.

>7. Starkiller Base Is Totally Underwhelming
A new death star and another trench run. HORSE SHIT! I almost walked out of the theater at that point.
>>
>>63961091
>Two hour movie?
Do you have any idea what "rushed" means, you fucking retard? Stopped reading there.
>>
>>63961091
Hi Leddit!
>>
>>63960947

Lol I bet you had a jarjar dolly you little faggot. Behead yourself while you dream of darth vader being a googoo eyed crybaby.
>>
File: 1391832175541.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1391832175541.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>63960947
>childish nazi nonsense
lol get a life you fat degenerate
>>
File: image.png (5 KB, 208x208) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 KB, 208x208
Razorfist made a review and all the Episode 7 nerds are trying to down vote it. http://youtu.be/nRpxyElkYLA

All the comments are saying how the "expanded universe was bad because you had to read."
>mfw
>>
I was going to go through and do the whole respond to each item in the green text list thing but i realised i'd only be saying each thing is an opinion. Why do people call theses lists definitive things like "things wrong with TFA" when really they're just "things i didn't like"? Makes me butthurt.
>>
>>63960804
I'm 12 in and 4 or 5 seem refutable. maybe if you're going into this looking for 40 reasons to hate star wars, you feel that the entire list has 2 or 3 refutable points, but most of these are just complaining about something vague or ambiguous but not altogether problematic.

just as an example, one of the points they bring up is that you never see the knights of ren. so what? are we really going to bitch that a multi-part movie doesn't introduce you to everyone ever mentioned in dialog in the first movie?

that's the kind of specious "plot hole" that this list is made of. it's more like a list of unanswered questions, but that's not nearly as enticing and clickbaity as "40 unforgivable plot holes".
>>
File: 1421296821758.jpg (81 KB, 707x682) Image search: [Google]
1421296821758.jpg
81 KB, 707x682
>>63961175
literally who made a video about star wars? well stop the fucking presses!
>>
>>63961126

I understand it totally. I also understand that there was the full force of the First Order chasing the protagonists through the whole movie and just about to destroy the rebels, thus a bit of motivation. Just because your dull mind can't keep up with a childs' movie doesn't make it unreasonable paced.
>>
>>63961212
>when really they're just "things i didn't like"
They are things that are shit but overlooked by overzealous fanboys too drugged up on Disney marketing.
>>
>6. Supreme Leader Snoke’s CGI Is…Not Great

considerthefollowing.bmp

Didn't we only see him as a fucking hologram?
>>
>>63960390
Does the girl come with the costume?
>>
File: invasion.jpg (54 KB, 300x461) Image search: [Google]
invasion.jpg
54 KB, 300x461
>>63960804

It's funny cause EU Luke despite his young New Jedi Order being slaughtered by the Yuuzhan Vong who also slaughtered trillions throughout the galaxy and put Sith to shame for all time never ran away from the conflict, even when it seemed all hope was lost.

On top of that, when Jacen Solo fell to darkside and waged war against the Jedi, Luke didn't run to the high mountains to wallow in his failure, Luke helped lead the charge against him and fought him alongside the rest of Jacen's family.

Hate on the EU all you like, but I'll take Luke being one of the most badass Jedi in existence, never backing down from his duty even against all odds and gradually ascending to the level of a Jedi warrior saint complete with the ability to send the fucking space orcs to space valhalla in whatever after life exists here and who can slap the shit out of his delusional Sith Lord nephew if he has to over a clear attempt by Abrams to just turn Luke into a call back to Ben or Yoda despite it contradicting his whole character arc.
>>
>>63961296
What was the First Order again? How much of the galaxy did they control compared to the Republic? Why hadn't the republic made a move agains an organisation that can blow up planets on a whim? Why is Leia's group called "the resistance" when in fact they're just part of the republic? Why does this movie spend so much time on useless shit like Rey being a Mary Sue when they could've expanded on these questions instead?
>>
>>63961313
The Emperor was a hologram in EBS and he wasn't CGI. Learn the difference.
>>
>>63961262

The one you mentioned is one of three ones I said could be easily refuted. One of the other ones being about the rathtars, which the guy who wrote that post got completely wrong.
>>
Anyone who would slag this and defend the prequels is obviously a podracer kid who loved his Jar Jar binks and probably never even saw the originals where Han shot first. Star Wars has always been an overrated hypefest, but the prequels that Lucas shat out were absolute cringefest garbage. At least this new movie didn't make us sit through ten minutes of pod racing or darth doe-eyes making woo with princess paedophile.
>>
>>63960804
>nearly flawless

It was mostly shit with most being minor (wrong) nitpicks instead of actual plot holes.
>>
>>63961344
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89hkmQKx9p4
>>
>>63960996
Wait did you really think that blowing up the Death Star was just game over for the Empire? It makes perfect sense for them to be hanging around. Han Solo "settling down" was never supposed to happen anyway. The character was meant to be killed off by RotJ. It makes perfect sense for him to be the same guy in TFA.
>>
>>63961354

>hand-holding

Did you even see Star Wars? This is directly on par with the originals. You can keep your endless hand-holding and literal political garbage out of my space opera action flick.
>>
>>63961512
>making sense of a story is now hand-holding
The OT made perfect sense. The Empire was the empire and the resistance was the resistance. In TFA, the resistance isn't actually a resistance and New Order may or may not be as powerful as the empire. Nobody knows since the scale in this movie is shit.
>>
>>63961354

You know, I often forget that over half the population has an IQ lower than 100, but then I see posts like yours.
>>
>>63961506
>Wait did you really think that blowing up the Death Star was just game over for the Empire?
Yes. That's literally what the ending of VI is about. They celebrate the fall of the Empire. The emperor is dead. Their fleets are destroyed. It completely undermines the theme of good trumping evil that the OT trilogy built up to.
>>
>>63961175
>Don't bother sobbing in the comments section on this subject further until you've actually processed the words coming from my mouth. I believe we've heard quite enough from the shallow end of the gene pool.

This totally cool and edgy reviewer is totes right, bro. Didn't you see he likes metal and uses swear words and analogies? That's like, 10/10 coolness.
>>
>>63961615
Epic post Disney shill! Keep dodging the blatant flaws in this capeshit wannabe. Someone might fall for it.
>>
>>63961602
It's pretty clear what they fucking are you idiot.
>Resistance
Group outside the republic focused on defeating any remnants of the old Empire.
>The First Order
Remnants of the old empire looking to become a new empire.
>Republic
The new government in control of the galaxy, gives backing to the resistance.
>>
>>63961602

Irrelevant autismal literalism, all implied in the movie.
>>
>>63961663
What was the republic? How much influence did they have? Why was them getting blown up so easy? Aren't they a massive power? Why is Leia a "resistance" fighter when she was implied queen in OT?
>>
>>63961706
Where was it implied? The relationship between the resistance, republic and New Order is vague as fuck since JJ thought the average person is too dumb for politics.
>>
>>63959041
>And then i kept complaining in my head while i sat there for 2 hours, then came back and told you guys about it
>>
>>63961720
>What was the republic
I literally just said that.
>How much influence did they have
Quite a lot I assume, is this really necessary?
>Why was them getting blown up so easy
Because the First Order had developed a system-destroying super weapon and who the fuck could defend against that?
>Aren't they a massive power
They probably were, and were using the Resistance as their main way of defeating The First Order. However, they didn't expect the superweapon and were therefore BTFO.

This is like ISIS or whatever launching a surprise nuke attack on America.

>when she was implied queen in OT

She clearly wanted to move away from her royal lineage and become the Resistance's leader. Did you miss the countless "Princes... sorry, General" lines in the movie?
>>
>>63961770

It's clear that you're too stupid to read between the lines. I had no problem picking up the implied backstory which allowed me to enjoy the action and chewie.
>>
I thought the first half was pretty ok, but then they introduced the third Death Star and it soured the rest of the movie for me.
>>
File: image.jpg (96 KB, 600x593) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96 KB, 600x593
>>63961720
DUUDE, WATCH THE SEQUELS!!! Kek lol xd

Actually, I prefer hearing the macro-level politics too. The prequels were not overly political, they were spasmodically political, which is worse.

I assume that the Republic system is trying to draw out the First Order terrorists in the hopes of discovering the source of its financing. It's keeping the Resistance terrorists on staff in order to deal with any threat which materializes.

Online, it was stated that the Imperial Moffs still control the majority of the star systems. Of course this could have been underlined in the film.
>>
>>63961835
>Quite a lot I assume
>They probably were
Nice assumptions friend. Keep defending this turd.
>>
>12 reasons you should click this
>>
>>63960945
>The movie consistently establishes Ren as someone who is not in control of his powers.

Can this meme die already? He has full control of his powers he blocks blaster shots at will, he pushes and chokes around anyone with ease, he is however emotionally unstable which is probably what brought him to the dark side in the first place, but that has no effect on his combat abilities.
>>
The prequels were so bad because Lucas listened to retarded autism fans obsessed with minutae. This movie has washed the bad taste of that cash in shit out of my mouth, now I can pretend they don't even exist!
>>
>>63961770
Let me put it in simple terms for you.
>Republic=USA
>Resistance=PMC funded by the USA
>First Order=ISIS with nukes

>>63961884
Do we really need to see how much power they have, though? It's clear from the First Order wanting to fuck them up that they had a lot. Again, see above you fucking retarded idiot who's thought process has been replaced by pure cynicism.
>>
>>63961902
All of that shit he does when he's in a position of power. Notice how as soon as he kills his dad Chewie can hit him with a regular blaster? Or did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>63961917
>First Order=ISIS with nukes
There's even a speech with Hitler's style followed by a nazi salute, how can you miss such thing.
>>
>>63961955
And then he proceedes to BTFO finn in 2 seconds, did you watch the movie?
>>
You know that first order thing had me thinking that darth emo would start singing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uEBuqkkQRk
>>
>>63961956
Yeah, they even use fucking ISIS tactics of indoctrinating kids whilst they're young.

The First Order being Space ISIS is as obvious as The Empire being Space Nazis.
>>
>>63961916

>TFA
>not more of a cash grab than the prequels ever were
>>
>>63961985
Finn's a random schmuck who's scared as fuck, was BTFO by some random stormtrooper and doesn't use the force. Did you watch the movie?
>>
I thought Finn was a pretty good character. Good bantz and shit; I believe he'll develop into something of great importance and that is when the Phasma card will be played.
>>
>>63962047
>Finn's a random schmuck who's scared as fuck

Finn is a trained stormtrooper since childhood.

Now that it's obvious that YOU didn't watch the movie you can shut the fuck up.
>>
Saw it for the first time, avoiding spoilers. It was everything i expected. And i didn't expect much. I just thought 'What is the most basic shit that mirrors the original series they could possibly do.'

I really understand all the Mary Sue bitching, i mean, at the very least show her fighting off a few people with a baton / her staff to show shes competent with melee fighting, or fire a gun, or that she 'knows how these machines work' to explain her flying.

Like it's not even worth putting money on her being Lukes daughter it's so fucking obvious.

Whatever, it was a 6/10. Better than the prequels, but literally no originality whatsoever. I'm glad most people's reviews i've seen so far are 'Eh what'd you expect? SOMETHING GOOD?! hahahaha nerd.'

Best part of the movie was Oscar Isaac though, only spin off i'd ever care about is one with him and fat guy from Heroes and the chink commander in a 'Rogue Squadron' style dogfighting movie centered around him.
>>
>>63962105
>Finn is a trained stormtrooper since childhood

Except he worked mopping shit all his life and pussied out on his first battle where his orders were to "kill innocent civilians".

It's pretty clear all you know of the movie is shitposting from Max Landis and webms.
>>
>>63962147
>at the very least show her fighting off a few people with a baton / her staff to show shes competent with melee fighting

THAT WAS LITERALLY IN THE FILM YOU FUCKING IDIOT. WERE YOU TAKING A PISS OR SOMETHING?
>>
>>63962147
>literally no originality whatsoever

That pretty much sums up Star Wars, which was cowboys in space. I saw Star Wars at release and thought it was cool, nerds just took it waaaaaaaay too fucking seriously.
>>
>>63962176

When? On Jakku it was all running, she beat those two guys up who came for the droid without the weapon, she just flipped them around, no parrying, blocking or anything with her weapon to show melee proficiency, and it was over in like 10 seconds.

On the freighter it was running / showing her technical prowess with the door.

Then she had the blaster from Han.
>>
>>63962150
Lel, that's not an excuse for shit writing, all stromtroopers are trained to kill an indoctrinated from childhood, in fact the way they made him transition out of it is fucking retarded, you are literally defending a plot that makes no sense.

Wonder how much disney is paying you.
>>
>>63962234

How many seconds should she have been fighting for to be clear that she could fight?
>>
>>63962240
>makes no sense
>...to you

It's cute when stupid people get mad.
>>
>>63962010
>The First Order being Space ISIS
You are dumb as fuck. They are not ISIS. They are more Nazis. To the point where everyone in the organization is an aryan save Finn who conveniently becomes a hero.
>>
File: Down with the MIC.jpg (27 KB, 260x720) Image search: [Google]
Down with the MIC.jpg
27 KB, 260x720
>>63960365
>>rlm are forever the sellout assholes of the world now when they claimed "it was everything they hoped to be AND EVEN MORE"

RLM were never big Star Wars fans, and it's stated in the Plinkett reviews that they don't give a shit about the books, comics TV shows etc and all they care about are the movies.

It seems the only people who have a massive problem with TFA is the die hard fanboys who are butthurt that their extended Universe fanfiction is no longer canon.
>>
>>63962234
Yeah, she managed to beat up two mooks with no issue. I'd say that shows some melee proficiency.

And it's not like she beat Ren with no issue. She was running away most of the time and until her "use the force" moment Ren was beating her whilst bleeding and emotionally unstable. People are making it out like it's the fucking Yoda vs The Emperor fight or something.

>>63962240
>all stormtroopers are trained to kill

Where did it say this? They're indoctrinated for sure but they're not all trained to kill. And it's made obvious that was his first battle after working a life mopping shit.

>>63962352
>they have to be brown to be ISIS

Jesus fuck this board.
>>
>>63962319
0, because she shouldn't be able to beat anyone else outside of random thugs given her 0 training.

>muh training muh visions she was a jedi!
No you all fucking morons, she looks very, very young when she was dropped on jakku at the best she was 8 years old, probably less, you don't get any meaningful training at that age.

They also don't explain how she survived on jakku, there was an hand on her implying someone took care of her, but he's nowhere to be seen or mentioned.
>>
>>63962319
it should've been N, where anything under N isn't sufficient to establish and anything above N/2 is indulgent and pointless. I mean come on WE GET IT SHE CAN FIGHT FINE UGH
>>
>>63962382
>Where did it say this?
It was implied by the fact that he is, in fact part of military combat personnel and was being employed in a raid.

>>63962348
You sure showed me senpai
>>
Are there people actually having trouble figuring out the plot of this movie? Isn't is a family movie based around selling toys, written so that children can follow it? Are autisms literally less intelligent than children?
>>
>>63962382
>>they have to be brown to be ISIS
Yes. Yes you dumb fuck. ISIS consists of brown mudslimes. What did you think, they were white blonde chicks?
>>
>>63962392
>how she survived on Jakku

Gee, if only there was a character proficient with melee in the film. There clearly isn't since Rey is just a literal baby who can't defend herself until she Mary Sues her way out of a situation.
>>
>>63962382

The fact alone she beat ren not only destroys any and all possible tension in future movies because hes basically on the same level as those mooks now, but i mean, just a shot of her parrying, a throwaway line about how she has to 'do this all the time' in regards to melee combat.

That's all it needed. Instead it gave nothing (same goes with flying and shooting) and yet shes fare more proficient than "None at all" which is what the movie set up.
>>
File: say it again nigga.jpg (31 KB, 408x408) Image search: [Google]
say it again nigga.jpg
31 KB, 408x408
>>63960865
>>63960947
>>63961136
>>63961138
Honestly Finn is the new Jar Jar

His character is boring as fuck. I'm not even racist, he just had nothing going for him except for getting some lightsaber to his spine and becoming a cripple
>>
>>63962447

You do realise how stupid this sounds?
>>
>>63962392
>there was an hand on her implying someone took care of her

I saw it as the fat man hand of the dude giving her 'ONE QUARTER PORTION' but i mean that was hardly a caring relationship, might have ditched her when she was old enough to scav for herself idk though.
>>
>>63962363
>RLM were never big Star Wars fans, and it's stated in the Plinkett reviews that they don't give a shit about the books, comics TV shows etc and all they care about are the movies.
That's bullshit.
They care about the EU as well.
It's just not what mr. Plinkett reviews are about.
>>
>>63962448
That's totally not a strawman, how convenient you completely omitted the part where she was dropped on the planet when she was a little kid :DDDDD

This thread reeks of fucking shills.
>>
File: BS_Dracula-bite_2.gif (96 KB, 650x347) Image search: [Google]
BS_Dracula-bite_2.gif
96 KB, 650x347
>>63962475
Tell me, is someone who is a blonde aryan wearing a Nazi trenchcoat more likely to be an Islamist fighter or an actual Nazi?
>>
>>63962457

>hand-holding
>>
>>63962457
We see her in combat for fucks sake what more do you need?
>MUH TENSION
We clearly see that Ren is driven by emotion, and after getting BTFO by Rey in this he's obviously going to come back extra pissed and more prepared.

That's like saying there's no tension in Empire or Jedi because Luke easily destroyed the Death Star and Han Solo BTFO Vader in his Tie Fighter (which people always seem to forget)
>>
>>63961122
It was the will of The Force.
>>
>>63962506
Tell me, can someone who uses the same tactics and is in the same position as ISIS be likened to ISIS? Or is everything just appearance and /pol/ memes to you?
>>
>>63962518
>Han Solo BTFO Vader in his Tie Fighter (which people always seem to forget)
Eh he hit him from behind, not really btfo in my opinion
>>
Luke Skywalker was such a Mary Sue that Mary Sue should just be referred to as a Luke. It's a fucking movie you faggots not a history book. Deal with it.
>>
>>63962485
That could make sense if she was still under his care, I assume he was paid by luke (maybe even kylo?, considering he stops a knight of ren from killing her) but I doubt either of them would have handler her to someone who would've left her in such shitty situation shortly afterwards.
>>
>>63962560
If Vader was so good why couldn't he use the force to detect the Falcon coming up behind him? He flies into space out of control, I'd say that's BTFO to me.
>>
>>63962568
Luke lost his first fight against vader, he had problems using the force while training under obi-wan and only after his off-screen training he was able to use jedi mind tricks, compare this to Rey now.
>>
File: nazi.jpg (64 KB, 652x489) Image search: [Google]
nazi.jpg
64 KB, 652x489
>>63962553
>organization literally holds a Nazi-like speech, before firing their massive weapon that
>guise, this is just like brown people in Middle-East does it
Hell, New Order is far too organized and proper to be ISIS. ISIS is a bunch of mudslimes hiding among civilians to hide from the US Air Force.
>>
>>63961866
>>63961720
The Resistance is a private military created by Leia to keep an eye on the First Order's actions because she doesn't trust them to stick to the treaties the original Empire signed with the New Republic.

Lot of Republic senators think she's nuts and are more interested in new trade routes rather then worry about the First Order, though there's a few willing to support her. At worst, some senators are actively supporting and financing the First Order.
>>
>>63962513
> Not establishing things.

>>63962518
> We see her in combat for fucks sake what more do you need?

For it to be actually established? Like i said, it's literally less than 10 seconds of what is effectively shooing off two dudes.

Then she turns around and fights off a Jedi/Sith (trained by Luke) who is a proficient fighter, with a highly specialized weapon she has literally never used before, i just don't buy it, i probably wouldn't either way to be fair, but it just detracts from the movie for me.

And i don't see how 'muh beating his own wound' or 'hes a hothead' completely negates the lack of skill.

>>63962461

Meh, hes the fish out of water that sort of ties into all the other interesting characters. I'll be honest Luke was pretty fucking shit in A New Hope up until 'Use the Force Luke!' right at the end.

He was the fish out of water in that movie that tied us to far more interesting characters, Han, Ben, Leia, Vader.

Finns the same (Han / Leia again, Rey, Poe), only problem is hes almost 100% unlikely to have a neat arc like Luke so you're probably right and remain boring.
>>
>>63962629
When is any of this ever mentioned in the movie? It would've taken them like 10 seconds to explain this but I never saw it.
>>
>>63962617
Since you're so idiotic let me concede.

They're Space ISIS in terms of their position of power, indoctrination tactics, willingness to kill innocents and religious fervor.

But they're Space Nazis in how they look and in some of their tactics.

There, you idiot.
>>
>>63962629
>The Resistance is a private military created by Leia to keep an eye on the First Order's actions because she doesn't trust them to stick to the treaties the original Empire signed with the New Republic.

HOW THE FUCK THAT MAKES ANY SENSE FUCK, AFTER DOZEN OF YEARS OF BASICALLY SLAVERY UNDER THE EMPIRE THEY JUST SHRUG IT OFF? I'M FUCKING MAD JJ IS AN HACK
>>
>>63960945
>1. The purpose of the entire film is to establish that nothing has changed.
>>
File: 1423509470613.png (188 KB, 428x546) Image search: [Google]
1423509470613.png
188 KB, 428x546
>>63959041
I agree with all of these except #1

#1 wasn't "extremely frustrating", it was just dragged out too long.

They didn't have to show them staring at each other for THAT long.
>>
>>63962601

>use le force luke
>yay u beat the dead star!1
>>
>>63960853
This meme is over. We've seen the movie and we know how solid the new cast is. Daisy Ridley doesn't crack a smile like that and she's cute enough for it to be forgiven anyway.

And Boyega was surprisingly great.
>>
>>63962662
>They're Space ISIS in terms of their position of power,
Same as Nazis before WW2

>indoctrination tactics
Same as Nazis before WW2

>willingness to kill innocents
Same as Nazis

>and religious fervor.
Most of New Order is atheist save that edgy teenager and Emperor Sméagol
>>
>>63961122

As soon as there was more than one Star Wars movie it became apparent that the entire universe runs on convenience. It's part of the whole Epic Archetype Mythology thing that George Lucas was trying to invent for it.

Feel free to dislike it, but its a core feature of Star Wars as a whole.
>>
>>63962686
I said he had problems, not that he was unable to, love you shills literally reading only what you want.
>>
>>63962700
>And Boyega was surprisingly great

He totally looks like a black Matt Damon, which I thought was cool.
>>
>>63962718
>before WW2
What has that got to do with anything? It's obvious I'm talking about Nazis during WW2.

>Same as Nazis
I didn't say Nazis didn't kill innocents you idiot.

>Most of New Order is atheist
Sorry, I should have said religious-like fervor. They believe in their cause like it were a religion.
>>
>>63962723
>entire universe runs on convenience

It's totally retcon-wars.
>>
>>63962756
>black Matt Damon
Two wrongs do not make a right.
>>
Does the movie ever say what happened to Mon Mothma?
>>
>>63959041
I agree with those 12 points. There's also a Huffington Post article about 40 problems.

TFA is really disappointing.
>>
>>63962794

Got blacked by Lando and is now on space welfare with her space-mandingo kids.
>>
>>63962723
>Feel free to dislike it, but its a core feature of Star Wars as a whole.

That's great I like it, but when you have so many coincidences happening in the arc of 30 minutes it's just shit writing:

>Conveniently a stormtrooper has remorse of his actions just right before Poe's gets captured
>He then proceeds to free Poe and escape the star destroyer with him
>Poe's gone, though dead, Finn meets Rey who previously conveniently found BB-8
>First order attacks conveniently blows up the ship they were about to steal and they board the millenium falcon
>The falcon gets attracted by an unknown ship which looks to be of the first order at first sight conveniently Han solo the legendary owner of the ship is aboard to retake his stole goods.

I'm fine with prophecies and saying it's the will of the force but at least make it sightly believable, we're not talking of a city here, not a region or a planet we're talking of a whole fucking galaxy.

This is shit writing with LE FORCE DID IT to conveniently mask it.
>>
>>63960574
>pity award

marvel only gave JW recognition when it beat its total global box office. JW has to give star wars props for only beating its opening weekend. pathetic.
>>
>>63959041
>>12. It Feels Incredibly Rushed
It feels a little rushed yeah.
>>11. The Plot Is Too Reliant On Convenience
Yes.
>>10. Poe Dameron Feels Like A Third Wheel
That's fine though.
He's great and he doesn't need to be a bigger character.
>>9. Captain Phasma Was Hyped Up For Nothing
Yup.
>>8. There’s Too Much Homage, Not Enough Originality
Maybe.
>>7. Starkiller Base Is Totally Underwhelming
I just think it was a bit much.
>>6. Supreme Leader Snoke’s CGI Is…Not Great
Doesn't matter.
>>5. Original Trilogy Characters Appear Just For The Sake Of It
No not all of them.
>>4. The Biggest Moment Is Ultimately Glossed Over
Naeh.
>>3. John Williams’ Score Is Just OK
It's good enough
>>2. A Ton Of Actors Are Wasted In Nothing Roles
Max Von Sydow was totally wasted I agree.
>>1. The Ending Is Extremely Frustrating
Not really. well, yeah I really want to see the next one, but it's not that bad.

5/12
>>
>>63962883

Oh come on, le force is an evolving deus ex machina through the whole series.
>>
>>63962526

>A wizard did it
>>
>>63962767
>Sorry, I should have said religious-like fervor.
How does this differ from Nazis?
>>
"I didn't understand the plot on the first viewing, so the movie is too rushed."

"I understood the plot completely on the first viewing, therefore this movie has little depth."

>/tv/
>>
>>63963074
Of course. Once you have magic, you don't have to explain shit.
>>
>>63963122

It had little depth because it was too rushed.
>>
>4. The Biggest Moment Is Ultimately Glossed Over

I'm guessing that this refers to Han Solo's death. There was very little mourning from anyone close to him. What was unfathomable to see was how Chewie was seemingly good-to-go on another adventure following his death. We're talking about a guy who was Solo's best friend and probably viewed Solo as his own brother.

Another thing that didn't make sense was seeing Leia hug Rey after the destruction of Starkiller Base. Leia hasn't even met Rey beforehand. And we're expected to believe that Leia embracing a fairly unknown individual with a wideshot is enough to capture the emotional loss of Solo. If anything, Leia should've embraced Chewie considering their long history with Han Solo.
>>
>>63959041
>The Plot Is Too Reliant On Convenience
this pissed me off
>finn and poe just so happen to crash near a walking distance to the town Rey lives in
>Finn just so happens to pick a correct direction to walk(seriously how did he know where to walk, it was in the middle of sand dunes, was he a local)
>it just so happens that the Millennium Falcon is in the town Rey lives in
>in a galaxy full of billions it just so happens that Han and Chewie pick up Rey and Finn
>It just so happens that Luke's lightsaber is in the very same bar the merry adventures decide to go to

there are probably more but these pissed me off the most, and people are payed millions to write such drivel
>>
>>63962883
I get your point, but I think for each person watching they have to balance for themselves what counts as just plot happening and what feels contrived. When you talk about:

>Conveniently a stormtrooper has remorse of his actions just right before Poe's gets captured
>He then proceeds to free Poe and escape the star destroyer with him.

That just feels like plot happening for me. Exciting special shit doesn't happen all the time in real life, mostly real life is just boring, but when what we're seeing is an action packed fantastical movie, I expect to be shown the most exciting moment of the day, so to speak. And at that moment, what was exciting and interesting was Finn betraying the First Order and freeing Poe. Yeah, by the standards of the real world its contrived, but by movie standards its part of the ride.

Some level for each viewer needs to be established. For instance, lets take Episode IV as an individual movie, imagining we're watching it in 1977. While fleeing a space battle in an tiny escape pod, fleeing to the entire planet of Tattooine, R2D2 and C3PO manage to land, get kidnapped by Jawas and taken to Luke, who happens to be one of the very few people who knows of Kenobi, and who happens to live somewhere close to this guy Kenobi who the droids just happen to be looking for.

Thats contrived as fuck, but it seems to work, for both pacing purposes and for epic narrative purposes. If nothing else, Lucas has always claimed to have used Epic Narratives and Archetypes as references when making Star Wars, so even if hes heavy handed about personifying the Call to Action, it still works because of the context of the movie. Giving a correct sense of scale has always been hard for anyone working with Star Wars, and striking a balance is arguable at the best of times.

(cont.)
>>
>>63963280
(cont)
The rest of your points, well okay sure. All I'll add is that Han did mention something about how easy it was to track the Falcon once it took off. What I got from the movie was that he was able to track it as soon as it was active, but it hadn't been active in a long time. He abandoned whatever wild animal hunt he was doing because he didn't want to miss his chance to grab it.

The fact that it was there in the first place is a more arguable point as being bad though.
>>
>>63963250
Just because you couldn't understand it doesn't mean it wasn't there.
>>
>>63963267
>C3PO and R2D2 just so happen to crash near civilization and Jawas
>out of billions of planets the rebel ship just so happens to be flying over Luke's homeworld
>they just so happen to get captured by the same Jawas who would later be sold to Luke
>R2-D2 is bought because the droid just so happens to blow up
>it just so happens that Han Solo is on Tatooine and needs to repay an urgent debt
>>
>>63963404
>out of billions of planets the rebel ship just so happens to be flying over Luke's homeworld

Princess Leia was on her way to find Obi-Wan Kenobi after being pursued by the Empire.

Tatooine's presence in A New Hope is not pure coincidence.
>>
>>63963511
The First Order was on their way to Jakku because they knew the map was there.

Poe and BB8 were there because Max Von Sydow's character was there and he had the map.

Jakku's prescende in The Force Awakens is not pure coincidence.
>>
>>63961351
What if they're going to make it exactly like in Tron: Legacy.

>find the old wizard hiding from the monster he created
>watch him die to kill his monster
>>
File: 1450611962292.gif (929 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1450611962292.gif
929 KB, 264x320
>nobody mentions the terrible Hollywood humour
Really?
>>
>>63962518

>punching unarmed people is the same as a lightsaber duel.

God, i hate this board sometimes.

Its been stablished that they are good at lightsaber duels because of the force, Rey is force-sientent so i guess that kinda explains it.
>>
>>63963559
>Max Von Sydow's character was there and he had the map.

That doesn't explain why Rey is there, unlike luke which was there because obi wan brought him there and kept an eye on him, doesn't explain why han solo is there either, in the first trilogy it could have been anyone, han solo was just a random smuggler, but now they found specifically him, using his own ship that he lost for who knows how long.

Oh and all of this doesn't explain why poe disappears and why he randomly reappears later.

Or why finn decided to aid poe (I mean, he regrets killing people he didn't know, but he doesn't think twice about killing his comrades with which he shared life for a decade at least?)
>>
>>63959041
LMAO we dont even see snoke, we see a hologram of snoke. if anything complain about that little orange faggot not doing anything other than be annoying
>>
>>63962503
>They care about the EU as well.
lol WHAT? since when?
>>
>>63961175
>he likes the Prequels
Trashman.jpg
>>
>>63959041
this is not even the half of it...

what about a non even padawan using the force? and winning over a skywalker trained
>>
>>63962382
yes the fascist space order that makes ebin rally speeches in front of gigantic red banners with black insignias as well as soldiers literally called "stormtroopers" in addition to a youth indoctrination program (Hitler Youth) is much more similar to a bunch of chucklefuck kebabs strapping bombs to their chests and dicking around in second-hand toyotas rather than the german regime they take virtually every aspect of their aesthetic of.
Kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
File: 1447879293564.png (84 KB, 267x304) Image search: [Google]
1447879293564.png
84 KB, 267x304
>>63960853
>le nigger meme xD
>>
Poe Dameron isn't one of the main characters. Why do people have a hard time accepting that?

And if you got hyped about Phasma, that's your own problem. She's not hyped in the movie at all. You must have paid too much attention to interviews or some shit, and that's not te fault of the movie
>>
>>63965586
I know im slow, but i dont hate niggas, retarded a bit
>>
File: hitlerfirstorder.jpg (108 KB, 468x650) Image search: [Google]
hitlerfirstorder.jpg
108 KB, 468x650
>>63962382

>Jesus fuck this board.

Seriously? I mean do people understand that when this movie was being written/directed no one gave a shit about ISIS because it pretty much didnt even existed? Is it that fucking hard to see the ressemblance with the Nazis? Are you fucking blind?

>>63962010
>what is the Hitler Youth

I mean seriously guys just read a fucking book
>>
>>63963743
It's common place in movies like this now

Not that the OT never had comedic relief, but it was more subtle and wasn't treated as clap breaks
>>
>>63965831
>Poe Dameron isn't one of the main characters.
Yes he is

>And if you got hyped about Phasma, that's your own problem. She's not hyped in the movie at all.
Hi RLMfagboy
And yes she was hyped in the movie. That's what that whole "HOL UP PHASMA I'M IN CHARGE NOW MUH DICK" scene was about despite her not doing anything
>>
How did the First Order even afford any of this shit? Also why isn't the Republic fleet mopping up Imperial stragglers?

I get it's a movie about characters and Star Wars has always been janky but so much of it seemed forced and convenient.
>>
>>63959041
i agree
>>
>>63963874
>doesn't explain why han solo is there

He wasn't, did you watch the movie? They encountered Solo after they had left Jakku and were in space. It's still a coincidence, but you know, the force.
>>
File: sad truth.png (2 MB, 1384x1555) Image search: [Google]
sad truth.png
2 MB, 1384x1555
>>63959041
Is TFA the best or the worst fanfic movie ever?
>>
>>63966298
Que? RLM were hyped about Phasma too, for some reason. You fuckers need to stop getting yourself hyped about shit you haven't seen. That scene happens near the end of the movie. How does it hype up her character?

And no, Poe isn't one of the main characters. He's barely in the movie. You just wish he was because you think he's dreamy or some shit
>>
>>63960559

5-head and britcvck underbite. We had Portman and prime Fisher.....Rey is what you settle with when it's last call at the bar.
>>
>>63967307
>Que?
>>>/reddit/

Anyway that scene where she gets captured is supposed to be satisfying or something with Finn shittalking to her and dying in the garbage disposal despite her not doing anything in the movie. She's a plot device character.

>He's barely in the movie
He's only missing in the second act. He's largely apart of the first and third acts.
>>
>>63962682
I wouldn't have minded more slow moments in the film desu
Just know where to put them in
>>
>>63959041
>3/4 of the list is crap
it's so popular that pointing out how it's not perfect is a selling point for your article, it's not clickbait but it's damn near close

And if people only listed the actual problems with the movie that'd be fine, but they need to point how how much is wrong with it so they need to invent stuff like "Poe is bad because I liked him so much I wanted more."

In some other thread I told an anon to trim back some of his Rey is a Mary Sue points because they're just such reaching that it detracts from your credibility when you're making more solid points in the same post.
>>
>>63959041

>Too convenient

JJ's star track was the same, kirk somehow luckily landed on a planet and of all the places he found spok from the future at that location on the whole planet? a little too convenient.
>>
>>63959041
>1. Kylo Ren is a total pussy bitch who is not intimidating in the slightest.

FTFY
>>
>>63968116
Sorry, I don't enjoy Reddit. You're more than welcome to go there since you brought it up

And? She has a scene in the movie. How did the movie hype her up before then? Why did you expect that she would have a large part in the movie? You're not answering the question
>>
>>63960804

Force enables you to feel their presence, it's not a homing beacon. Not even Vader could tell exactly where Luke was in Jedi when he was taunting him when Luke hid during their final duel.

If this is one of your plothole highlights then fuck you.
>>
>mfw SJW's make a rave about Phasma; 'she's a very progressive character' says Gwendylyn.
>She's in two 10 second scenes, does NOTHING and just vanishes from the film.
>Never see her face.

>mfw
>>
>>63960131
sucking dick wasn't profitable apparently
>>
>>63971025
It kind of is the embodiment of modern feminist. Talk noting but shit and ends up fucking up everything.
Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.