[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Star Wars fan theory general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 7sKn7Be.png (1 MB, 1917x817) Image search: [Google]
7sKn7Be.png
1 MB, 1917x817
Hi /tv/. This is Star Wars fan theory general.

A thread made specifically for all speculation and theories about the upcoming star wars novels, films, games, and other media.

Current /tv/ theories:

* Sheev is future Luke theory
* Snoke is Darth Plagueis theory
* Snoke is Sheev clone theory
* Finn is a double agent theory
* Rey and Finn were both former members of Knights of Ren, but had their minds whipped, implanted with false memories, and hidden like Luke and Leia in episode III
* Rey and Ben Solo are twins
* Rey is Luke's daughter
* Rey is Sheev's granddaughter
* Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter
* Finn is Mace Windu's grandson
* Kylo Ren is Luke's son

Add more theories in this thread!
>>
>>63952063
>Sheev is future Luke theory
wat
>>
>>63952063
The Hosnian system does NOT include Coruscant.
>>
>>63952063

How can Finn be Windu's grandson? If anything he's Calrissians.
>>
Luke is exiled on Rakata Prime.

A planet that houses holocrons left by Revan.
>>
Maz is a droid being controlled by Yoda's ghost
>>
literally reddit the thread
>>
>Kylo Ren is Luke's son

Which fucking retard came up with that lol, the fact that he is Han Solo's son is one of the main points of the entire movie.

Snoke is just a waste of a character TBQH. He'll definitely get killed off next episode. He's ugly as fuck and not scary at all and just needs to go away. I just want to watch Darth Vader come back in some way.
>>
>>63952186
/tv/ is literally Reddit now.
>>
>Ian McDiarmid Thinks He'll Play Palpatine In A Future Star Wars Movie

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ian-McDiarmid-Thinks-He-Play-Palpatine-Future-Star-Wars-Movie-66306.html
>>
>>63952063

Don't forget the bigger Luke hypothesis
>>
>>63952283
>Don't forget the bigger Luke hypothesis

Explain anon. I never heard this one before.
>>
File: latest.jpg (49 KB, 326x450) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
49 KB, 326x450
>>63952167
>A planet that houses holocrons left by Revan.

My body is ready.
>>
>>63952063
>Rey and Ben Solo are twins
Officially they're listed as being born 10 years apart.
>>
I'm still holding out hope for Sith Lord Jar Jar. Maybe not as an actual major part of a film, but just some background detail hinting at it would be enough for me.
>>
What about Finn being Lando's son?
>>
>YFW Rakata prime isnt the planet luke is on.

how many KOTOR and Revan fags would get mad cuz "muh eu"
>>
File: giphy.gif (106 KB, 260x260) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
106 KB, 260x260
What about "Jar Jar is the key to all of this" theory?
>>
>>63952063
>* Sheev is future Luke theory
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>63952063
Missed
* Expanding Force Theory
>>
>>63952533
>* Expanding Force Theory

Explain?
>>
>>63952063
>Snoke is Darth Plagueis theory
>Finn is Mace Windu's grandson

these are the ones I like. they have to include the prequels somehow. They already had McGregor in the force hallucination, so I'm sure they'll have something more than a cameo. Mace having a kid is unlikely because it's against the rules, but if he survived and thought the rest of the jedi were dead he may have said fuck it. It would also be fun if they brought back droids, but if not seeing some in a junkpile wouldn't be so bad.
>>
The Jedi that betrayed Luke wasn't Kylo Ren but instead was Rey's sister.

That's why he was so personally disgusted that they turned, and specifically made sure that Rey was taken far away from him at a young age.
>>
>>63952063
Map of all canon planets for those who need it.
http://imgur.com/a/l3yl8
>>
File: wnQk7JCj.jpg (42 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
wnQk7JCj.jpg
42 KB, 600x400
Hux is Luke's son.

90% of this is because I want Domhall to have a bigger role.

10% is because it would be cool for both central villains to be sons of Luke and Han turned to evil.

Fuck you I like the theory.
>>
>>63952063
These aren't fan theories, these are fan fiction. All of them are fucking terrible except the Rey is Luke's Daughter.

Here's one, Kylo left Rey on Jakku because even he could kill his little cousin. The force vision shows the jedi massacre and that part starts with someone attacking Rey only to be killed by Kylo. Then it flashes to Rey being left on Jakku. Luke thought his daughter died.
>>
>>63952491
If you think about it though, he IS the key to all this.

>saved the Jedi
>defeated the droid federation on Naboo
>passed the emergency powers for Sheev

I think he would still be in high ranking power under Sheev's regime.
>>
File: poetry.jpg (21 KB, 300x235) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
21 KB, 300x235
>>63952622
No Hux is Tarkin's grandson
>>
>but what kind of monsters would whip out the memories of Finn and Rey as kids and abandon them. that would never happen in star wars.
>>
Luke is on Rakata Prime theory
>>
File: wyidjbhdykrmgecbrhgq.jpg (76 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
wyidjbhdykrmgecbrhgq.jpg
76 KB, 560x560
TR-8R desperately wants to leave the First Order, and is so furious that Finn achieved what he never could, causing him to lash out
>>
>That scene where Rey finds Luke's lightsaber and has the hallucinations
She is recalling when Ben Solo was taken from her either by Snoke (in which they would have been looking for the child of Luke and he would have lied to protect her and said he was Luke's child) or he was taken by Luke/the new jedi order for training.

>When Kylo says "I will finish what you started grandfather" while looking at Vader's helmet
I think he's talking about destroying the Sith.

>The scene where Kylo kills Han and says he's afraid he does not have the strength to do it
I think that Kylo is a good guy pretending to be a bad guy to get close to Snoke so he can kill him or something along those lines. I think that what he meant was that he didn't have the strength to kill his own father but he knew that he had to do it for the greater good of the galaxy. His father gave him the strength to kill him because he was reminded that there were still people who cared about him and he found new resolve in being reminded of what he was trying to protect.

What do you think of my theories senpai? probably not true.
>>
>>63953298
I don't believe TR-8R is dead. I think he could have survived the blast shoot.
>>
>>63952158
every black person is related dude, you ever notice how many black people refer to other blacks as their brothers and sisters, or use words like bruh or f a m?
>>
Here's my theory:

Star Wars is a product and the lore will follow whatever the goyim will buy the most in merchandise form, so forget about crazy tweests and jawdropping theories, because even if they fit and are reasonable, they will never happen.

Accept it.
>>
>Kasdan writes one oedipus-tier twist thirty years ago

>the whole franchise now wears a massive fetter where everyou major protagonist or antagonist has to secretly be a member of one of like 3 nuclear families

Jesus fucking christ
>>
>>63953298
TR-8R was Kylo Rens most loyal soldier, he wouldn't have doubt.

He was so loyal Kylo Ren screams his name before attempting to kill Finn, he meant that much.
>>
File: daisy.jpg (79 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
daisy.jpg
79 KB, 1024x768
>>63952063
Snoke is Plagueis and created Rey as his ultimate apprentice. Luke saved her as a child, mind wiped her, and left her on Jakku where Plagueis couldn't find her. That why she's so strong and Luke looked surprised to see her at the end.

Think about it. It perfectly parallels Anakin (him being created by the Force aka God to be a space messiah and her being created by the devil to be an antichrist) and for maximum poetry it lets Plagueis use the "I'm your father" like in Ep. VIII.

Screencap this.
>>
>>63953312
>I think that Kylo is a good guy pretending to be a bad guy to get close to Snoke so he can kill him
JJ is hack enough for it to be true. Snoke better be a hell of a villain then.
>>
>>63953380
Is metal gear solid the star wars of video games now that I think about
Everyone's related in that
>>
>>63953312
>She is recalling when Ben Solo was taken from her either by Snoke (in which they would have been looking for the child of Luke and he would have lied to protect her and said he was Luke's child) or he was taken by Luke/the new jedi order for training.

She definitely had some of her memory whipped. The next film will be about trying to figure out what happened to those memories. One thing I would like to point out is Ben knew Rey would only get more powerful in the force. How did he know that?

>I think he's talking about destroying the Sith.

Interesting theory. Does he know the full history of Anakin? Or the prophecy?

>I think that Kylo is a good guy pretending to be a bad guy to get close to Snoke so he can kill him or something along those lines.

Which can tie into EU because Luke Skywalker did the same thing when he was an apprentice under clone Sheev.
>>
>>63953404
Plagueis created Anakin
>>
What is becoming apparent with TFA is that Disney ditched all the EU stuff simply so they could use some storylines from them and avoid any legal trouble arising from royalty claims while doing so.

>"Hey! That's the exact plot line from my EU novel 'Revenge of the Return' which I wrote back in 1988."
>"Not any more, Writer X. Only things on this very short list are now canon. Any similarities between our new plot and what you wrote back then is purely coincidental."
>>
Finn and Kylo are actually half brothers. Kylo was able to rattle off Finn's stormtrooper ID because he knew he was family. It would also further explain the Han Leah separation and gives more reason for Kylo killing his dad because he let his mom get blacked. Lando ran off to let her raise the kid by himself so Leah let someone adopt Finn which was actually an agent of Snoke who knew he had potential and why there was such importance on the First Order finding a random deserter.
>>
>>63953450
They ditched EU because they wanted to write a trilogy without having to restrict themselves to the events of dozens of books. It was unavoidable.
>>
>>63953450
Technically speaking EU can be declared canon whenever Disney wants. That's good because they can take all of the good parts of EU and declare it canon and remove the shit tier stuff (like Luuke)
>>
>>63953509
>there was such importance on the First Order finding a random deserter.
what
>>
>>63953444
Nope. It was the Force. Why would Plagueis the guy destined to destroy the Sith?
>>
Luke is a grey Jedi is pretty much confirmed canon at this point right?
>>
File: Luke_is_Sheev.png (3 MB, 2844x1528) Image search: [Google]
Luke_is_Sheev.png
3 MB, 2844x1528
>>63952122
I'm suprised OP even mentioned that one. That was just a throwaway theory that I was convinced was true and never caught on.

This is the image I made months before the movies actually came out.
>>
>>63953567
How? He had his own Jedi Academy and everything.
>>
File: image.jpg (28 KB, 553x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
28 KB, 553x484
>>63953553
>Nope. It was the Force. Why would Plagueis the guy destined to destroy the Sith?

Because according to Plagueis Anakin was destined to destroy the Jedi. he doesn't care what Jedi fairy tales say.
>>
>>63953553
Because Plageuis was doing weird experiments with the force, trying to create life (keep people from dying) and the result was he accidentally impregnated someone with the force
>>
>Rakata Prime

I'm not an EU-fag so I don't understand the significance.

Anyone got a tl;dr?
>>
>>63952318
there's always a bigger luuke
>>
The Bigger Luke Hypothesis

http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/
>>
>>63953589
>How? He had his own Jedi Academy and everything.

Had is the key word anon.
>>
does anyone have any theories for who the old dude at the beginning was?
>>
>>63953587
>that I was convinced was true
Are you a complete fucking idiot? How the fuck could anyone be this stupid? I take great relief in knowing you'll never breed.
>>
>>63953632
From my point of view How is the key word.
>>
File: 4363053-anakin+and+obi+wan+(1).jpg (264 KB, 781x1000) Image search: [Google]
4363053-anakin+and+obi+wan+(1).jpg
264 KB, 781x1000
Realistically, if two sword masters are fighting each other to the death. Do you really believe that their battle would consist of the two of them clashing their swords together for a long extended period before one deals the fatal blow to the other?

I realize that the Anakin vs Obi-Wan fight was done the way it was for dramatic purposes, but do you think the fight was somewhat based in reality?
>>
>>63953626
Homeworld of the Rakata, dark sith users who created Starforge and the Infinite Empire. A warrior conquer race.
>>
>>63953663
THEY LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME
>>
>>63953587
You're a moron.
>>
>>63953631
Now this is autism.
>>
>>63953530
>Luuuke
>>
>>63953597
>>63953601
You guys are really reaching. He wasn't powerful enough to create someone as strong as Anakin. Not to mention that Anakin's birth was foretold centuries ago in a prophesy.
>>
>>63953662
Lor was probably left by Luke to watch over his daughter from a distance like Obi Wan did

He probably was Luke's stepfather and his wife was killed by Kylo and all his padawans

Luke left Rey mindwiped and on her own because he was scared she would turn into Kylo as well
>>
File: 1448429882582.png (448 KB, 455x395) Image search: [Google]
1448429882582.png
448 KB, 455x395
>>63953631

>The Canon Luke Hypothesis, sometimes simply The Bigger Luke Hypothesis, in which it is theorized that within the Star Wars universe and canon there does indeed exist a version of Luke Skywalker that is slightly larger than a posited regular Luke Skywalker, or Luke Prime.
>>
>>63953689

which would explain why Luke exiled himself there. The dark side presence would mask him from anyone looking.
>>
>>63953670
>but do you think the fight was somewhat based in reality?

Nah, it's probably extended for the audience. OR

The fight was a force mind trick. The minds are dueling each other for what seems like hours on end in their own universe in their mind. In reality, Obi-Wan found Anakin near the lava, they fight for one second, Anakin gets cut, it ends.
>>
>>63953722

It's literally canon...
>>
>>63953689

Ah I see. So it's a planet that is heavily influenced by the dark side of the force?
>>
>>63953722
I'm not making it up, I read about it. It's in some EU shit.
>>
>>63953724
err father in law
>>
File: InchLukeL.png (14 KB, 255x410) Image search: [Google]
InchLukeL.png
14 KB, 255x410
>>63953631
>>63953728
>>
>>63953758
>So it's a planet that is heavily influenced by the dark side of the force?

Basically. Probably has lots of holocrons and shit on it.
>>
>>63953757
>It's literally canon...
In which movie did it happen?
>>
>>63953631
>>63953811
Quite possibly the best theory this thread has generated so far.
>>
Have we yet considered time travel as a possible element in the newer movies? It would be a great way to bring back characters from the prequels.
>>
>>63953662
obi wan
>>
>>63953722
>Not to mention that Anakin's birth was foretold centuries ago in a prophesy.

NOT CANON
O
T

C
A
N
O
N
>>
>>63953844

please god no
>>
>>63953631
>>63953728
>>63953811

So...he's a bigger guy?
>>
>>63953539
finn. why the fuck would they care about one deserter to the point where every single storm trooper knew what he looked like
>>
Leia is Snoke

her position pretty much mirrors Sheev's in the prequels
>wants to militarize demilitarized Republic
>by instigating a conflict with another faction that is secretly led by a dark lord
>>
>>63953844
Yeah, let's introduce tiny organisms called mini-deloreans that enable time travel as long as your space ship can go up to 88 parsecs.
>>
>>63953866
For Luuuuke
>>
>>63953844
>Have we yet considered time travel as a possible element in the newer movies?

Sheev is future Luke theory is based on this. Luke goes full dark side, goes back in time, created anakin, and thus becomes Sheev.
>>
File: YOU_GON.png (18 KB, 478x412) Image search: [Google]
YOU_GON.png
18 KB, 478x412
>>63953864
>REY YOU HAVE TO COME BACK WITH ME
>>
I hope there will not be any more secret son/grandsons/nephew/cousin, saga is set in a gigantic galaxy yet everyone is always related to someone else. It's soap opera-level bullshit.
The only one that works is Snoke somehow related to Plagueis
>>
>>63953844
>Meesa jar jar binks and meesa the bossest man alive
>>
>>63953870
>every single storm trooper knew what he looked like
wasn't it like one or two guys? they could have been in his squad or scrubbed toilets with him. or maybe they put up posters with his face in the Bigger Death Star that says "fuck this guy" to deter others from becoming traitors
>>
>>63953844

time travel is always shit
>>
>>63953587
>comparing facial structures of two unrelated actors
you're fucking retarded
>>
>>63953887
>Leia is a war mongering power hungry bitch trying to play both sides off in a conflict and is only in power because of her husband.

Who could it be?
>>
>>63953899
>The only one that works is Snoke somehow related to Plagueis
a literal who to 99.99% of audiences
>>
>>63953631
>The Hamill Hypothesis is the theory that Bigger Luke can be best explained by the existence of a slightly larger Mark Hamill look-alike who was used in many scenes of the original Star Wars Trilogy. The proposed reason for this is still, to this day, up to speculation.
>>
>>63953895
>a Sith births a Jedi
>Jedi births Jedi
>Sith consumes Jedi
>Jedi kills Sith
>Sith goes back to the beginning
>the cycle continues
>>
>>63953662

I think he is just a really good friend of Luke's, and whom Luke trusts a lot.
>>
>>63953895
>Sheev is future Luke theory is based on this. Luke goes full dark side, goes back in time, created anakin, and thus becomes Sheev.
Damn that's a retarded theory.
>>
>>63953899
>It's soap opera-level bullshit.
it's always been like that

the fact that Leia and Luke were related was something soapy that Lucas pulled out his ass for shock value
>>
>>63953895
>unironically using a Futurama joke as a major Star Wars plot point
thank god JJ only did one movie or else that would be possible
>>
>>63953981
It's pure poetry.
>>
>>63953844
No time travel in Star Wars. It's a rule, a dogma. You can't do that.
>>
File: latest.jpg (175 KB, 591x900) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
175 KB, 591x900
>>63953955
I WILL BREAK THE INFINITE CYCLE - Snoke
>>
>>63952611
whoever betrayed luke is referred to as 'he'
>>
>>63954000
But Plagueis is the ''father'' of Anakin, not Sheev.
>>
>>63953919
>they could have been in his squad or scrubbed toilets with him
that raises further questions why would they send a janitors on combat missions?
>>
>>63953757
It's literally not.

>>63953765
The EU doesn't count anymore. And in the Darth Plagueis novel he and she perform a powerful Sith ritual that shifts the Force towards the Dark side. In response the Force creates Anakin to restore balance. So you're wrong there too.

>>63953859
>the movies aren't canon

kill yourself EU shitter
>>
Who was the robot guy we say holding vader's helmet in the promo art? He wasn't in the film.
>>
>>63954026
>whoever betrayed luke is referred to as 'he'

How do we know Rey is a "she?"
>>
>>63954046
It was clearly Luke based on the structure of his mouth.
>>
[x] is really [y]

is a fucking worse "twist" than it was all a dream.
>>
rey is wolverine
kylo is snape
>>
>>63954046
Probably concept art for Kylo. Their original idea was probably that Kylo replaced his body with cybernetics to be more like Vader. I would have liked that more than just being a Revan ripoff.
>>
i think luke made rey out of the force the way anakin was created
>>
>>63954066
Your mother is really a whore.
>>
>>63954066
>CIA is really Deathstroke
>>
>>63954066
>end of episode IX
>turns out our whole reality is a dream
>we're really all side characters in the Star Wars universe
>watching all of the movies forces you to wake up and integrate into reality
>George Lucas is the king of dreams or some bullshit and has been slowly pushing us towards awakening
>pottery
>>
>>63952063
>Rey was mind wiped
Well yeah, she's the new trilogies Revan
>Finn was mind wiped
Literally no one thinks this
>>
The Republic is shit and the Galaxy would be safer under the umbrella of a singular Empire. The fact that the Republic failed to take Leia's warnings about the First Order seriously and lost 4 planets as a result is proof of that.

The Jedi order was created to end the tyranny of the Sith, but it's unnatural. Suppressing emotions? Preventing the strong from gaining influence over the weak? It goes against the laws of nature.
>>
File: oldkryten.png (198 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
oldkryten.png
198 KB, 500x375
If the Republic is back, why are they called "The Resistance"? If anything the First Order are the smaller, Sandanista-esque guerilla group, now (though a very well-funded and stylish looking one).

After this many decades, does the Republic still not have a fucking army and are relying on volunteers to fight the other small resistance group? I almost wanna say something is gonna happen here because of this.
>>
>>63954327

the resistance =/= the new republic
>>
>>63954296
The empire is basically a more powerful ISIS
>>
>>63954327
The Resistance is an unsanctioned vigilante group set up by Leia to monitor the remnants of the Empire.
>>
I noticed Kylo's mask is over every piece of merchandise. I don't think they'll do that for the sequel, I think it'll be Snoke's face instead.

Kylo will "redeem" himself so the audience related him to Darth Vader and kill his master in Episode 9.
>>
>>63954327
The republic and first order were at peace, the resistance is paramilitary
>>
>>63954407

Nope, Kylo is evil for good now.

They're not reversing his character after killing Han Solo.
>>
WHAT IS REYS STAFF?
IS IT MADE OUT OF SCRAPPED LIGHT SABERS?
THIS IS IMPORTANT INFO
>>
>>63953553
Because sith lore says that the ultimate sith will kill off all of the sith while simultaneously saving them.
>>
>>63954450
You don't think he'll atleast go out like an hero at the very end like Vader?
>>
>>63954097
How is he a Revan ripoff?
>>
>>63953509
They follows the theme in TFA of ripping off previous motifs.
>>
>>63954327
Republic is fighting a proxy war in First Order territory. It's literally the Syrian Civil War 2.0.
>>
>>63954407
>>63954498
I hope he doesn't. I hope he's starting off shaky/unsure and then developing into a much darker character.
>>
>>63952491
I'm still convinced jar jar was going to play a major role and lucas bitched out after all the hate

it would explain a lot.
>>
>>63954472
>WHAT IS REYS STAFF?
BIG
>>
>>63954555
That theory is plausible in my opinion (and almost confirmed in some points) but the theory that he was going to be in the new trilogy never had any legs. I hope that was just people joking around.
>>
Finn is a clone
>>
>>63954554
>Disney movie
>no redemption
Delusional.
>>
>>63954630
they go out of their way to mention that he is not cloned

>>63954646
I said "I hope"
>>
how about theory that rey is luke and leias daughter? seem possible for me, and it adds up to the family bullshit
>>
>>63954597
>new trilogy
anybody who thought this should be barred internet access

it would benefit everyone involved
>>
>>63954047
this, maybe memory is not the only thing he got removed
>>
>>63954694
>disney
>incest
no, see
>>63954705
and if you mean by some weird genetics shit then I d
>>
>>63954714
>>63954047
no tits confirms its a he
>>
>>63954694
A brother and sister having a child together seems possible to you in a Disney family film?
>>
>>63954728
>and if you mean by some weird genetics shit then I d
then I would respond by saying it's too complicated for kids and they won't do that either

"I am your father" is as complicated as it will ever get family
>>
>>63952063
the ones of those theories that make sense are
>Snoke is Plagueis
>Rey is Luke's daughter
>Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter
this is also possible, but less likely than Luke's daughter

>Rey is Sheev's granddaughter
this would be interesting, but I doubt Disney will do it, if only to avoid giving audiences the mental image of Sheev fucking someone

other theories

>Phasma is a double agent or has a hidden agenda
>>
Rey = Kateel of Kuhvult
>>
File: 1382410570233.jpg (116 KB, 1029x745) Image search: [Google]
1382410570233.jpg
116 KB, 1029x745
>@DanErekson That's not Rakata Prime. It's a planet never before detailed.
>That's not Rakata Prime

-Pablo Hidalgo

https://twitter.com/pablohidalgo/status/679157923012984834
>>
File: CU4nNd6UEAAcJSZ.png (279 KB, 385x484) Image search: [Google]
CU4nNd6UEAAcJSZ.png
279 KB, 385x484
>>63952280
GOOD.
>>
File: poetry.jpg (1 MB, 3508x1652) Image search: [Google]
poetry.jpg
1 MB, 3508x1652
GUYS I'VE FIGURED IT ALL OUT
>>
>>63954754
Kylo and Rey already had a pseudo incestuous scene together.
>>
>>63954851
>Don't cite tweets as canon.

aka he's a nobody
>>
>>63954851
>his twitter description literally states "don't cite tweets as canon''
>>
>>63954754

for now.
>>
>Luke went to find the first Jedi Temple
>hiding in the Mid Rim

I'm no expert on EU lore, but didn't what became the Jedi start on Tython, a Core world?
>>
>>63954952
>If I contradict myself then just kidding
what a faggot he is
>>
>>63954922
fucking when? i swear you turbonerds will see romance/sexual tension anytime rey is in the room with a male
>>
>>63954984
They never said it was mid rim planet.
>>
>Sheev is future Luke theory
wut
>Snoke is Darth Plagueis theory
Please let this one be true.
>Snoke is Sheev clone theory
Nope.
>Finn is a double agent theory
That would be pointless.
>Rey and Finn were both former members of Knights of Ren, but had their minds whipped, implanted with false memories, and hidden like Luke and Leia in episode III
Sounds a little convoluted.
>Rey and Ben Solo are twins
Then why didn't Han and Leia recognize Rey?
>Rey is Luke's daughter
Very plausible. Just listen to his lines in the trailer. PLUS she has the force.
>Rey is Sheev's granddaughter
Then who is the father/mother/grandmother?
>Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter
Same deal as with Sheev.
>Finn is Mace Windu's grandson
That's not possible. Windu was a purist.
>Kylo Ren is Luke's son
That wouldn't work.
>>
>>63954988
Torture scene m8
>>
>>63955006
It was mid rim on the map
>>
>>63955020
>Then why didn't Han and Leia recognize Rey?

>Why didn't R2 recognize Ben Keonobi? Why didn't Ben Kenobi tell Luke the truth?
>>
>>63952280
>http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Ian-McDiarmid-Thinks-He-Play-Palpatine-Future-Star-Wars-Movie-66306.html

>kylo goes through a harrowing journey in the dark side much like what Luke did with Yoda in Empire
>being guided by a hooded figure that turns out to be Sheev's ghost / holocron ghost, who lambasts him for being a fan of the traitor Vader, and laughs at him for being a weakling

I can actually see this happen, and it would be a totally legit way to give some screentime to Sheev too
>>
>>63955030
>It was mid rim on the map

Fuck I have to watch this film again. I don't know what the fuck stuff I missed. WHEN DOES IT COME OUT ON DVD?
>>
>>63955030
>It was mid rim on the map
a map of the outer rim maybe?
>>
>>63955069

not for a while

this will have a long run in theaters

can't wait for dem bluray special features.
>>
>>63953891
kek
>>
>>63955077
If the Outer Rim is a solid circle that looks like a galaxy, sure, why not.

Plus, that would put Luke in the Middle of the Outer Rim, which is even farther away from where Tython should be.

Plus, he obviously isn't on Tython, so what the hell was the "he was looking for the first Jedi temple" line for if they were gonna put him on some random planet anyway?
>>
>>63955129

I was under the impression that Luke was training his new class of jedi at teh first jedi temple. then left after kylo went nuts.
>>
Official theories ranking
>Good Tier
* Snoke is Darth Plagueis theory
* Snoke is Sheev theory
* Rey is Luke's daughter
* Bigger Luke Hypothesis
* Rakata Prime Theory
>Meh Tier
* Rey and Ben Solo are twins
>Pointless Tier
* Expanding Force Theory
* Finn is Mace Windu's grandson
* Rey is Sheev's granddaughter
* Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter
* Finn is a double agent theory
* Rey and Finn were both former members of Knights of Ren, but had their minds whipped, implanted with false memories, and hidden like Luke and Leia in episode III
>Doesn't Work Tier
* Kylo Ren is Luke's son
>Retarded Tier
* Sheev is future Luke theory
>>
>>63955160
All we know is Kylo Ren and other Knights of Ren killed a bunch of jedi in a flash back. We don't know where the fuck Luke Skywalker is on that. So the question is, why didn't luke stop it?
>>
>>63955045
>why didn't R2 recognize ben kenobi
what?
>>
>>63955198
yadda yadda dark side conceals itself from the light blah bla
>>
>>63955176

>* Snoke is Darth Plagueis theory
>* Snoke is Sheev theory

>Good

No.
>>
>>63955236
>the leader of the knights of ren was Luke skywalker

POETRY
>>
>>63955129
>if the Outer Rim is a solid circle that looks like a galaxy, sure, why not.

it could just be a segment of the galaxy

>Plus, that would put Luke in the Middle of the Outer Rim, which is even farther away from where Tython should be

how do you know thats where he is meant to be?

>Plus, he obviously isn't on Tython, so what the hell was the "he was looking for the first Jedi temple" line for if they were gonna put him on some random planet anyway?

maybe he found it, then went and hid somewhere else, on the outer rim perhaps?
>>
http://strawpoll.me/6334686
>>
>>63955176
You forgot the greatest theory of them all.

>God Tier

Poe and Finn end up together, everyone else dies, no more Jedi or Sith.
>>
>>63952357
Nigger you know JJ isn't gonna mention revan, isn't revan non-canon anyways?
>>
>* Rey and Ben Solo are twins
Ben Solo looks at least 5 years older than her though
>>
>>63955284
Uhh technically speaking there is no more Sith in episode 7.
>>
>>63955284
>what is the /y/ in Kylo
Just sm͏h fa͏m.
>>
>>63955309
>Nigger you know JJ isn't gonna mention revan, isn't revan non-canon anyways?

Doesn't matter. JJ can MAKE IT CANON

Just like how DARTH BANE was recanonized
>>
>>63955320
>Uhh technically speaking there is no more Sith in episode 7.
What do you mean?
>>
>>63955284

B-but there are no more Sith
>>
>>63955386
Knights of Ren = ! = Sith
>>
>>63952063

>* Sheev is future Luke theory
star wars doesn't need time travel
>* Snoke is Darth Plagueis theory
i like this one
>* Snoke is Sheev clone theory
eh
>* Finn is a double agent theory
doubt it but would be a cool twist
>* Rey and Finn were both former members of Knights of Ren, but had their minds whipped, implanted with false memories, and hidden like Luke and Leia in episode III
maybe rey but i doubt finn
>* Rey and Ben Solo are twins
fucking how
>* Rey is Luke's daughter
this seems to be the most popular one but i'm not if they would do that, its just to on the nose
>* Rey is Sheev's granddaughter
cool idea
>* Rey is Obi-Wan's granddaughter
eh
>* Finn is Mace Windu's grandson
eh
>* Kylo Ren is Luke's son
eh
>>
>>63955245
They worked on resurrection and prolonging their lives, Snoke could be the result of one of their self resurrection attempts.
Could be why he looks so messed up too.
>>
>>63955425

Why would they bring back a prequel character?
>>
>>63955471
Sheev isn't a prequel character.
>>
>>63955320
>>63955389
>>63955394
Yes you stupid nerds, Sith are dead, I'm just using them to specifically state no dark side force users. I guess I could've said "no more dark and light side force users" to keep you pedantic shits happy.
>>
>>63955389
>>63955394
>Who is Snoke
>inb4 lol no hes not a sith cuz reasons :DDDDDD
>>
>>63955513

plaguies is and sheev caring about eternal life is.
>>
>>63955540
>plaguies is and sheev caring about eternal life is.
That's not a character.
>>
>>63955580

Okay. Why would they acknowledge and extend a concept only brought up in the prequels as a major plot element and the source of your trilogies main antagonist?
>>
>>63953374
Maybe. At least Lucas wasn't THAT retarded in his prime. He made the best-selling Boba Fett figure die like it was a 3 Stooges skit. Based Prime Lucas!
>>
>>63955622
>only brought up in the prequels
And expanded universe, which they've said they take inspiration from even though it's decanonized.

Because it's better for him to be someone than nobody.
>>
>>63955706

>Because it's better for him to be someone than nobody.

It isn't. It really isn't.
>>
>>63953530
LUUUke was shit. Luuke was cool for the whole 5 minutes of his existence.
>>
>>63955471

To tie the entire saga together?

why else?
>>
>>63955727
I guess everyone would've loved TFA more if Kylo was just some guy and not Han and Leias son.
None of the older characters were present and Rey was just some girl.
>>
>>63953663
To be fair, JJA does have a time travel fetish going on in most of his work...
>>
>>63952622
Could be cool
>>
Snoke being an Ancient Sith Lord/Darth Plagieus reincarnate doesn't sound too bad.

Maybe he's a native of Rakata Prime.
>>
Was Starkiller Base Ilum?
>>
>>63955758
That's different because of all the relevant characters were actually present in the film. Sheev isn't relevant/present and Plagboy hasn't even been in a movie and the vast majority of people wouldn't even recognise the name. So that shocking reveal would fall pretty flat.
>>
>>63955996
The leader of the empire isn't relevant?
>>
>>63956043
No. It's a new trilogy and you're referring to something from 10 - 30 years ago. It can be relevant if they bring it back up, have characters discuss/explain it or whatever, but it's not magically relevant just because it's Star Wars. Most of the audience aren't fanboys.

Imagine if they kept Kylo Ren's origin story but Han and Leia weren't in the movie at all. Would it have worked nearly as well?
>>
>>63955342
>>63955309
>people still don't know JJ isn't directing EP VIII
>>
File: lin-header[1].jpg (148 KB, 550x300) Image search: [Google]
lin-header[1].jpg
148 KB, 550x300
>>63956287
True, but JJ and Kasdan set an approved foundation for how the story will unfold, not that it seems it's anything that special so far, but Star Wars is about meeting deadlines now, so the story will be the same but the writer/director, that guy who did Looper will write his own script and show his own vision which I hope won't be a cg shitfest like the prequels. My main concern is that Jurassic World director Trevorrow doesn't back out as director and J.J. will push Justin Lin to direct Ep. 9. Having a Chinese direct a Star Wars movie will break bank in China. Just sayin.
>>
I'll throw one in

>Kylo and Rey are brother and sister
>Kylo still cares deeply for Rey
>Kylo saved Rey from that murderous jedi student in the flashback
>Kylo is the one who sent her to Jakku
>Kylo wants to capture and join Snoke because he already knows that Snoke is going to kill him for a more powerful force apprentice anyway
>so he would rather sacrifice himself for his sister rather than Snoke kill her off because she refused his offer
>>
>>63956689
>Trevorrow directing one of the movies

Well, this is already fucked.
>>
Anybody else still sort of surprised that we're living through a new star wars trilogy? I'm not a huge fan of star wars in general but it just feels a bit surreal.
>>
>>63957300
It's almost hard to believe the last Star Wars movie was out 10 years ago. Fucking time flies when you're an oldfag like me.
>>
>>63956690
>>Kylo and Rey are brother and sister
It's in the op
>>
>>63956120
>and you're referring to something from 10 - 30 years ago
Which is true for everything else since the last star wars movie came out 10 years ago.
So it doesn't detract from sheev any more than it does from anyone else.

>It can be relevant if they bring it back up
Of course, and they could, just like they brought other stuff back.

>Imagine if they kept Kylo Ren's origin story but Han and Leia weren't in the movie at all. Would it have worked nearly as well?
This is a non question that doesn't adress anything that has been previously said.
>>
-Hux is Luke's son and a double agent
-Rey is somehow related to Obi Wan
-Han survived because no one in Star Wars who falls down a shaft dies
-Snoke is Plagueis
-Sheev is alive
>>
Maz is a minion from Despicable Me.
>>
Luke has a wife who's alive. (Who hopefully looks like and/or is named Mara Jade)
>>
>>63957603
First off let's calm down with trying to turn this into some serious debate lol

Yes everything is old. Han, Leia, and Luke are all 30 years old in the public eye but they brought them back and made them relevant to new viewers (and those that have forgotten most of the series). You can't really do the same with Sheev. Obviously they can mention him enough and allude to him enough and maybe go even as far as having a force ghost or something, and that would work. But if they didn't put that work in and they just had people talking about Snoke being Sheev or Sheev's clone or something else it would have zero impact for 99% of the audience.

But yeah it looks like we agree here anyway.
>>
Sheev and Darth Maul are working with Snoke
>>
>>63957665

>Rey is somehow related to Obi Wan
This, am I the only one that heard Obi Wan calling her name when she touched the lightsaber, am I going crazy or did that actually happen
>>
>>63957733
It was confirmed. And they actually got McGregor for it.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/dec/21/jj-abrams-reveals-ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-kenobi-in-star-wars-the-force-awakens
>>
>>63952063

Finn is Lando's son

Maz said he had the same eyes she's seen before
She used to be friends with Lando/Han/Leia hence how she got the lightsaber
>>
>>63957733
>>63957755
Not only that but they edited a line from the other dude, old obi, so that he was saying "Rey"

I didn't hear either of them at all when I watched it sadly
>>
>>63955176
>No Jar Jar is a Sith Lord theory in good or god tier

Really, /tv/?
>>
>>63957733
yea, I heard it too, turns out they took the sylable Rey out of the word 'afraid' from something Alex Guinnes said as old Ben Kenobi the weird old desert dude

Anyway, I want to believe she's related to him, but at the same time how? Couldn't be his daughter because there's no way Rey was born before A New Hope, she's too young. Her being Luke's daughter seems more likely and that could just be driving home the point that Obi Wan was kind of a father figure to Luke or it could just be her feeling the force for the first time and detecting his weird force ghost since Snoke and Kylo Ren were able to sense her awakening
>>
>>63953553
It's outright said by Sheev that Plagueis created Anakin, it's pretty much what turns him to the Dork Side.
>>
>>63952491
I would 100% unironically love it if Darth Jar Jar was a thing
>>
File: image.jpg (129 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
129 KB, 1024x768
>>63952063
Qui-Gon had a sexual relationship with Shmi Skywalker (a clone?), who had her mind erased before she gave birth to Anakin. Qui-Gonn remembers her in TPM, but she doesn't remember him.

Qui-Gon therefore would have raised up Anakin the same way that Dooku raised the clones, and Grievous raised the Separatist army.

Luke inherited Anakin's lightsaber, and later he reconstructed a green saber from Qui-Gon's old crystal. After Return of the Jedi, Luke taught at a temple but had a baby girl on Jakku.
>>
>>63953662
>>63953960
biggs
>>
File: rey_info.jpg (708 KB, 2560x1529) Image search: [Google]
rey_info.jpg
708 KB, 2560x1529
My theory is that while Rey is a good scavenger, there were many weeks where she found nothing or too little that is salvageable at all.

In those weeks she was almost starving. Her body is already burning a lot of calories because of where she lives and what she does all day, so she really needs these little rations.

The implications here, of course, are that from time to time Rey saw no other option than to sell herself to some alien scum at Niima station. Yeah it wasn't always sex, most of the time it was probably enough to give a quick handjob or blowjob to someone so they'd give her half a ration and she'd survive for bit longer until she found some crap to sell, but still.. she found the whole experience extremely degrading and she hated it. It wasn't uncommon for her to have a tear running down her cheek while she had a fat alien cock stuck in her throat.
>>
>>63953670
its a screenplay. do you think the duels in shakespeare plays are realistic?
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 1024x676) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 1024x676
>>63952622
Out of all of the new cast, Hux looks the most like Luke.

I actually expected TFA to end with The Order's TIE fighters destroying the Resistance base like Luke did in the first film. Then the new empire would stage a creepy medal ceremony like at the end of ANH.
>>
>>63953662
I wish they had cast David Prowse for that in a way... I always wondered if Vader had a decoy of his own, who was impersonating Vader at the end of Return of the Jedi...but that is too reductive to actually underline in a script.

Instead it's probably a former Imperial who knows when to reach out to Luke. Possibly for underhanded motives.
>>
>>63953631
>http://biggerluke.wikidot.com/

A pure meme, untainted and ready for processing. I can smell the dank even now, I can taste it.
>>
>>63958028
They should get David Prowse to play Anakin's force ghost.
>>
>>63957702
>>63957665
>-Hux is Luke's son and a double agent
>Luke has a wife who's alive. (Who hopefully looks like and/or is named Mara Jade)
Makes sense. He has red hair.
>>
>>63958128
I hope mara will never be a thing red hair are gay
>>
File: lolurdumb.jpg (43 KB, 992x559) Image search: [Google]
lolurdumb.jpg
43 KB, 992x559
>Rey and Finn were both former members of Knights of Ren, but had their minds whipped
>>
whens luke gonna whip out that little laser sword and go to town
>>
>>63958181
hopefully never
>>
>>63952627
This.
>>
>>63953670
>he doesn't know about the higher ground
>>
>>63952063

I never noticed there were so many corpses. No wonder Luke Organa'd.
>>
>>63957943
That would have been amazing
>>
>calling Finn a traitor three times

Was this to reiterate the point to American audiences or, as it was done in front of other characters, trying to convince the Resistance that he was no longer working for the First Order so his work as a double agent can continue?
>>
>>63958617
This double agent finn shit is so stupid. I guess he pretended to be very scared in private to convince... who? And I guess he successfully lowered the shields to blow up their solar system destroying weapon as well as killing thousands of their soldiers because..... he really needs to convince... somebody?
>>
>>63953589

Qui Gon trained apprentices with the Order too though. Just because they have unorthodox views and methods doesn't mean they can't follow the Order when appropriate.
>>
>>63958380

Under-rated.
>>
>>63952063
So if Sheev is her grandfather does that make Sheev x Shmee canon?

JUST IMAGINE
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 600x340
>>63958101
I still think that they couldn't do any better than casting Ciaran Hinds as Vader. He looks a lot like Sebasian Shaw does in Return of The Jedi, and he performs mania well.

http://youtu.be/Wy1z4WUr2bo
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.