[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3
File: faggy rhode.jpg (110 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
faggy rhode.jpg
110 KB, 720x1080
what went wrong?
>>
Literally nothing.
>>
>>63949745
uh, nothing
>>
Stupid ending.
>>
>>63949745
Overhype and I kept waiting for something to blow me away action wise during the film and it didn't.
>>
>>63949745
I thought Beyond Thunderdome was the best one tbqh. It was the only one where I felt max had something of a nice character arc and showed growth
>>
>>63949745
that qt from transformers got ayn rand over
>>
Didn't give a shit about any of the characters, and the stunts weren't nearly enough to make up for it.
>>
>>63949925
basically this
>>
File: max.jpg (108 KB, 1077x519) Image search: [Google]
max.jpg
108 KB, 1077x519
Its one of the ugliest and most retarded films in recent History. And those garish, cartoonish, orange and blue colors produced in computers should be illegal.

Really, why do people love to be submitted to this kind of empty horrifying visual and aural aggression? A fascistic anti-human audiovisual experiment. Simply put cirque du soleil for bros.
>>
>best blockbuster of the year
>loved by both the critics and the audiences
>nominated for numerous awards (including the most important ones)
>in most top ten critics' lists
>>
>>63949988
Does liking Thunderdome the best make me a contrarian? Damn it...
>>
>>63949745
Watched it about 2 weeks ago and can't remember much of it. So, I guess, you could say it forgettable. Also I didn't like how little they spoke to each other, especially in the beginning. The first scene with Max and the girls was just unbearable, I was like ''Come oOoOOn, just say what you want! FUCK!!!''
>>
can we all admit that it was at least better than the very first mad max? that first one was boring as shit...Some people just like to say the first one was better because muh nostalgia, but fuck that. it was boring and cheesy. This one was at least just mindless fun from beggiing to end, regardless of how simple and bland that story was
>>
The only part I didn't like was how sudden they killed off Immortan Joe (and seems to be a common thing with Mad Max villains).
>>
>>63950044
It's the best Mad Max film.
>>
>>63950051
very true.
>>
>>63950068
which one are you referring to?
>>
>>63950081
>>63950068
It would have been worse if there was some one on one long drawn out battle
>>
>>63950051
It makes sense. Joe was just some old dying man with a cult of personality built around him.
>>
>>63949745
feminism poisoned it
>>
>>63950068
t. videogame enthusiast
>>
It is good, but come on is it really "movie of the year" good?
>>
>>63950111
Fury Road.
>>
>>63950118
>>63950129

>alternative: don't kill him off
>>
>>63950161
oh ok, agreed
>>
Years ago people used to make fun of movies that were just mindless explosions and shit dialogue. Then people started liking them ironically. Now we like mutton dressed as mutton because we have forgotten what's real.

Seriously though, I sat through this and was totally bored the whole time. I didn't care about the characters - when I say I didn't care I mean I didn't care in a positive way, I actually cared enough to find them immensely annoying.

So thin is the plot that I could describe it all in this review and I think it wouldn't spoil or enhance the experience for anyone. I really don't understand how things like this happen to me, how I experience something so different to the majority. Utter shit.
>>
>>63950034
>forgettable
Really? You don't remember all those colorful characters? Immortan Joe, Rictus, Bullet Farmer, Doof Warrior, People Eater.
>>
>>63950259
The world is still interesting.

Like water world. Bad movie, good idea
>>
>>63949745
>objectively good film
>tumblrfags wave it around like a fucking flag they had anything to do with
>reddit creams its pants over every flavor of the month
>/tv/ has no choice but to hate it
>>
>>63950259
what about die hard then? mindless explosions and shit dialogue. and that movie is almost 30 old....or scarface
>>
>>63950259
Yeah, like Battleship Potemkin or Alexander Nevsky. Shit characters, shit plot, 2/10 movies.
>>
>>63950359
wait is this supposed to make us believe you have taste?
>>
>>63950259
no really, like compare this to the latest transformers.
it still has a lot more more going on than expensive action scenes.
>>
Nothing. I recall Miller allowing some feminist on set and he most likely blew smoke up her ass until she left. /v/edditors used it to come up with the idea that Furiosa and the sex slaves are strong independent womyn when in reality they were completely reliant on Max throughout the whole movie. They tried to get a boycott going but it failed since the movie was a commercial success.
>>
If I had to say something it might be The lack of food and water they had fueling them. Sure the war rig had mother's milk or whatever but even 10 seconds or war boys chugging water as they waited for Joe to scan the horizon would've been nice.
>>
>>63950385
Both films have bad characters and the plot is irrelevant. Are they bad movies then?
>>
>>63949988
are you fucking retarded? it's sand and sky, you're basically forced into a two tone palette lest you desaturate the whole goddamn thing. and every other post-apocalytpic movie is desatured sepiashit so you might as well earn your high contrast with some splashes of real color and vibrance.
>>
>>63950474
or how much blood was drained and the insane punishment max received but he was still in tip top shape...but i dont really give a shit, i enjoyed the hell out of that movie
>>
>>63949988
my sentiments exactly. we've come so far that max eats double-headed lizards and turns into sir gruntsalot without even for one second matching the charismatic performance mels delivered with his interpretation over 30 years ago

what a wonder also that whereas in road warrior everyone was hunting for gas because it was so rare and precious here this seems to be not an issue. even less so considering that the villain has a party bus in his entourage with a freak who plays a flame-shooting guitar. and all of the characters drive through the desert for days because re-fuiling is of no concern. gasoline seems to exist aplenty. water not so much, therefore the baddie advises not to get addicted to it. like you can go without i

the digital look of the film, combined with its use of CGI, makes it easily the ugliest film in the series maybe even of this year. the plot a plot? is basically non-existent and where it shimmers through (like zoe kravitz nipples through her shirt) it just proves to be ludicrous, in a film that feels like three hours because it's that repetitive. this is man of shit all over again: one action scene that we have to watch over and over and over. they're driving, shooting, explosions, driving, explosions, shooting, driving, shooting, explosions. after 45 minutes I struggled to keep my eyes open and awake due to it's lack of anything interesting

maybe miller should return to making animated films about dancing penguins
>>
nothing
>>
>>63950592
U mean guzzoline faggot
>>
>>63950592
what are you talking about...mel gibson's character didnt say shit either. he was antisocial as fuck....guess youre one of the the "original's always better" type. and they mention the gas consumption as a problem in this movie.
>>
>>63950385
>name two entry level films
>/tv/ thinks you are showing off
This board lol.
>>
only complaint I had was that tom hardy sounded like he was trying to do 15 different accents and voices at once.
I don't recall a single clear line he had in the movie and I watched it twice with subtitles.
>>
It was a really great film but Max himself should've had more time in the spotlight rather than Furiosa who took on the role as a second lead character.
>>
>>63950739
thats pretty much it...and considering that Tom Hardy is an awesome actor, miller way under utilized him
>>
Nothing went wrong, reddit
>>
>>63950592
This is the only movie where I finished that I immediately rewatched it from the beginning.
>>
>>63950796
Cute turn around tactic, /v/
>>
>>63950044

Agreed. By the time Goose is in the bar in a scene that has absolutely no bearing on the movie whatsoever, I wanted to turn it off. It was kind of a chore to finish.

The Road Warrior is paced perfectly though, and immediately engaging. It's weird.
>>
>muh feminism
>>
>>63950470
Normally I would agree with your having seen Dead Calm (it was produced by Miller and written by Mad Max scribe Terry Hayes) which was made in 1989 and it being a rare film where the woman saves the man. I think Miller is the real deal.
>>
>>63949745
Nothing.

It was just released at a time where everyone and their mother latched on to it while completely missing the fucking point of the Mad Max movies.
>>
>>63950470
>i can't read film
It shows.
>>
maybe its jut me. but this topic reminds me of the same bullshit with the ninja turtles. i get why people didnt like the new one, but to say its worse than the original? are you fucking kidding me?All these dodo birds just clinging to their nostalgia look for any reason to trash a remake even when theyre decent. try watching that shit now. Original mad max and ninja turtles were fucking horrible. Granted, i didnt care for the ninja turtles but its clearly waaaayy better than that embarrassment from the 80s and 90s
>>
>>63950936
wots the point mate?
>>
>>63950945
I await your overwhelming evidence of how Fury Road was an SJW tumblr memeflick.
>>
> implying MMFR isn't flawless
That's bait.
>>
>>63949988
>patrician
>not thunderdome
>>
>>63951004
Max's story ended when his wife and kid died. He ended.

He's just a corpse that kills shit now, facilitating the triumphs and liberation of others.
>>
>>63951030
>patriarchy controls all resources
>imperator furiosa (affirmative action/women's rights)
>morbidly obese women generating milk because women who have children are yucky breeders
>antagonist's unwilling brides are all skinny and more attractive than other women in the movie
>one-armed woman in charge of war machine and troops
>max crucified to vehicle (christianity is evil and part of patriarchy)
>3 main antagonists: joe, bullet farmer, gas town "people eater" (patriarchy, military industrial complex, capitalism)
>both of joe's sons dissabled in some way (eww don't have kids, it's yucky and they'll be retarded)
>war boy Nux (men) gets accused by women of having destroyed the world, tossed out of truck
>pregnant wife puts her own baby between joe's bullet and truck (abortion)
>pregnant wife falls from truck, dies a few hours later from injury (don't marry and reproduce or your life is over)
>side character named max is big and burly but can barely fight a scrawny one-armed woman
>side character max bests woman only when he gets a gun and places it to her head (gun control. also, Theron's father killed her mother with a gun in south africa)
>bullet farmer nearly kills all women (gun control again)
>max has to wash blood from his face using breast milk (motherhood is the death of happiness)
>Nux is rehabilitated and now a male feminist
>group of amazon lesbians setting traps for men in desert
>women able to live in sand filled void because MUH STRONK WOMYN
>old women in desert shoot better than war boys who have constant practice in raids
>old woman has a bag of seeds (hope)
>side character max wants to retake joe's citadel because it is unguarded
>convoy turns around (leftist revision history)
>people eater (capitalism) fat old bald man with gold nipple piercings, has to be lifted to his vehicle on the backs of poor
>desert lesbian amazons making perfect headshots from speeding vehicle on uneven terrain
>>
I'm so fucking new to mad max, am I the only one who genuinely loved Beyond Thunderdome the most? I loved that Max has shown personal growth and helps the kids and Master. I loved the kids arc and the lore/legend of it. Saving the chase to the end made it more epic and I loved the music
>>
>>63951216
You are really reaching with some of these.
>3 main antagonists: joe, bullet farmer, gas town "people eater" (patriarchy, military industrial complex, capitalism)
This is the only one I can agree on.
>>
>>63951216
>polecat minion plucks woman from her friends, delivers her to patriarchy
>desert lesbian amazons fall from motorcycle and dodge speeding vehicles
>amazon grabs rifle, continues to make perfect shots
>finally run over by people eater (capitalism as he takes control of the wheel and purposely kills woman)
>pursuit vehicles use harpoons and plows to try to slow truck (patriarchy holding back women's rights)
>max and nux now male feminists must help their women leaders
>max nearly falls from truck, charlize grabs him with the sheer might of her robot arm and strong will can hold up man three times her weight without prosthetic arm flying off
>max's v8 interceptor destroyed (manhood and patriarchy destroyed while saved by a woman)
>furiosa survives stab in gut by evil man
>nux given command of truck as furiosa jumps to joe's car
>max uses people eater as human shield against joe's bullets (using patriarchy to destroy capitalism via male feminist)
>max jumps to safety of women as capitalism explodes
>joe's massive son corpus fooled by woman who helps her get furiosa to joe's car
>max fights giant corpus
>furiosa rips mouth from joe (patriarchy no longer has say in women's lives)
>women quickly leave war machine for joe's leadership vehicle
>blonde wife takes seeds from old lesbian who is now dead but smiling
>nux sacrifices life to destroy war truck, corpus, and stop pursuing vehicles and thereby serve women
>gang returns to citadel, present dead patriarchy, toss him from hood where legions of poor tear his body apart
>intelligent but disabled son of joe pressured to let furiosa and brides up to citadel via lift
>he allows them up, they ascend to paradise while the poor are allowed to come up with them (open borders to promised land)
>furiosa looks down at sea of poor, sees side character max look up at her as he disappears into obscurity
>>
>>63950303

This.

And now Tumblr is getting wet about TFA and it's multicultural heroes and white villains.
>>
File: 1423027251560.jpg (175 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1423027251560.jpg
175 KB, 1920x1080
>>63951402
Thanks anon, I'm saving this.
>>
>>63951402
And this is off the top of my head. Thinking back, there are plenty of things I forgot to mention like the brides arguing about moving on after the pregnant one, Splendid, fell from the truck and died. The dark haired bride (hispanic or muslim) wants to go back to the patriarchy but the white ones explain to her that they must be strong and go on without men.

It's a modern action movie with plenty of practical effects, but it's not a Mad Max movie since he's just a side character. It's a feminism action movie with the Mad Max name to get more people in seats, specifically men who need to be taught the glory of feminism and self-sacrifice to push feminist goals. In the beginning of the movie, Max was used as an unwilling blood bag for Nux. Towards the end, he willingly becomes a blood bag for Furiosa to keep her alive.

Like it all you want, just be aware of what you're seeing, this is cold war era style propaganda and you're being indoctrinated for uplikes on facebook.
>>
>>63949951
What?
>>
>>63951539
Many of your points don't make much sense, sorry. Especially those about motherhood being evil.
>>
>>63950592
You disagree with essentially every prominent film critic and academic on the planet, as well as most theatergoers, but sure, maybe George Miller should stop making Mad Max films because a shitposter hated it.
>>
Tom hardy
>>
>>63952709
He just didn't seem like a good choice for max
Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.