[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People are reporting that the new Star Wars passes the Bechtel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: star-wars-force-awakens-stars.jpg (98 KB, 1199x598) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-force-awakens-stars.jpg
98 KB, 1199x598
People are reporting that the new Star Wars passes the Bechtel test. But I actually don't see it. I watched an rematched the Force Awakening, and if it does it's barely, but I can't locate the converstation.

As far as the main characters go, Rey, Princess Leia, and Maz Kanata never say a line to one another. Neither does Captain Phasma. Those are the main female characters in the movie. Any other female characters are at best bit parts and have a line, like a pilot saying "I'm hit!" or some stupid shit like that.
>>
I have no idea of what a Bechtel test is mate.
>>
Are you fucking stupid or did you pass out from how bad the flick was. The ayy lmao talks to rey after she finds the lightsaber.
>>
>>63947657
>As far as the main characters go, Rey, Princess Leia, and Maz Kanata never say a line to one another

Rey and Maz have a pretty fucking substantial conversation in the basement of her castle, fuckwad. and Rey and Leia talk to each other a few times, in fact Leia saying "May the Force be With You" to Rey is the last line of the movie

did you even fucking watch it?
>>
The conversation between Maz Kanata and Rey, after Rey touches the light saber.
>>
>>63947767

That's a conversation about Luke so it doesn't count.
>>
>bechtel test
someone knows this meme?
>>
>>63947696
>two female characters hold a conversation that does not involve them talking about a male character.

It's a dumb, overly specific rule but the general idea is to make sure that the female characters have something to define their characters other than "is in a relationship with a male character"
>>
>>63947753

Leia actually only says one line to Rey, and she never responds, therefor it's not a conversation and fails the test.
>>
>>63947657
WHY DOES THAT GIRL'S WEAPON LOOKS LIKE A BLACK DICK WHY
>>
>>63947696
you don't want to know, believe me
>>
>>63947696

You Motherfucker. You need to take a Gender Studies class and get educated.
>>
Hepcats are getting Fucking owned!

Star Wars is failing Bechtel Test HARD! How do you go out of your way to make this an inclusive film, and STILL Fucking fail Bechtel?
>>
>>63947795
It's a conversation about the Skywalker family lightsaber and how it is calling out to Rey.
>>
File: 325325.jpg (4 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
325325.jpg
4 KB, 100x100
>>63947810
>>63947882
>>63947854

It's actually just a cute joke that feminists sucked all the life out of because it was disturbingly accurate
>>
>>63948589
>how the phallic object calls out to her as if it is her destiny
Problematic.
>>
>>63947657
>leia says "may the force be with you" to rey
>>
>>63948589

It's basically a conversation about Luke, a man. That's a Bechtel fail. And it's with a Fucking alien at that! Who even knows it's gender!

>>63948900

Again, that's Fucking line, not a conversation.

I'm absolutely DOMINATING Tricks in this thread right now.
>>
>>63949372
Still a conversation. Prove me wrong
>>
>>63949451

Do you actually know what a conversation is?
>>
>>63949524
Had one with your mom last night on your grades son. Seems like you need to join a remedial class for your autism
>>
The bechdel test is a heuristic, not a benchmark
proponents and detractors alike don't get this
>>
>>63948687
>term literally named after the butch lesbian who came up with the idea
>said butch lesbian drew a comic illustrating it
>comic is the first result if you google the fucking term
>this was a fun meme we invented but then the feminists stole it from us

Christ.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.