[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright /tv/ since you autist can't into fucking comprehension.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 26
File: image.jpg (380 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
380 KB, 1920x1080
Alright /tv/ since you autist can't into fucking comprehension.

Rey is not super powerful, well let me rephrase that she is, but Ren is just super weak in the force. That is why he loses. That is why he joins the dark side. That is why he abandons Luke's training. Kylo Ren realized during his training at some point that he is super weak in the force. He idealized Vader who was a super powerful force user. He never knew a powerful light side user besides Luke and I'm guessing Luke never exhibited his power. That is why he killed the other padawans. That is also why Rey an entry level user can defeat him. He joined the dark side to buff his power but he is still only a mid tier force user. It's also why Snoke makes a remark about even with his training not being able to extract the info from Rey.

I'm gonna take it a step further and realizing their were still others powerful in the Force is what caused him to murder Han. [\spoiler]

So stop being dumbasses and saying he was powerful. He is weak in the force and it was a point in the film.
>>
>>63939075
Thank god. I'm so sick of seeing all these idiots saying he was powerful. Dude was middle ground at best. Couldn't even lift a fucking lightsaber without concentrating.
>>
>>63939075
>weak in the force
>freezes plasma bolt and keeps it there without even watching
>>
>>63939075
snoke implies kylo isnt even fully trained yet. rey is literally stronger in the force than anakin, she does ridiculous feats that make no sense unless shes just channeling the force through her the whole time. rey is a mary sue dude. the way she flew the falcon and made it do air show tier moves without ever flying it before was unbelievable even for star wars
>>
>>63939075
He also got shot by a fucking bowcaster and was bleeding out
>>
>>63939227
this
>>
>>63939217
he was lifting it but it wouldnt budge and he didnt know why
then its revealed rey was pulling it at the same time
jesus
>>
>>63939227
That's fucking middle tier. Jesus Christ how often have we seen Jedi deflect force blast? Vader does it in the OT. That is standard not impressive.
>>
OP = wrong and trying to mislead with his fanfiction dreams

The novelizations makes it clear Kylo is very strong, but not as strong as he dreams to be (Vader level). He might become that one day, but he is impatient. Snoke seduced him by promising unlimited powaaah fast and easy.

Also, one of the things messing with his Force use and control is his inner conflict and Light Side pull (Vader helmet scene). Ironic, most Jedi are tempted by the Dark Side, while Kylo Ren is tempted by the Light.

Now that Han is kill, Kylo is finally free to embrace the Dark Side fully. He will be much more powerful in Episode 8.
>>
>>63939365
That's still middle tier. He is not a strong force user. It's his whole motivation for going Dark side. He wants to live up to the name.
>>
>>63939394
>Now that Han is kill, Kylo is finally free to embrace the Dark Side fully. He will be much more powerful in Episode 8.
Shit, I hoped it would backfire and eat him up inside
>>
File: 1450664915283.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450664915283.webm
2 MB, 720x304
>>63939075
Rey had no fucking training, Kylo was trained by Luke and Snoke. Injuries aside he should have killed both of them in seconds.
>>
>>63939417
Read the novels and stop misleading people, it's simply not cool.
>>
>>63939394
Everything in OP happened in the movie. He will be more powerful next movie but the point is he isn't innately powerful. He's using the Dark Side to buff his force abilities.

Leave it to a namefag to completely miss subtle parts of the character.
>>
>>63939468
I saw the stupid shit in the novel. Nowhere did it say KYLO REN IS SUPER PAWWWUFUL. It says he's using the dark side to boost his power. A power that started out weak as shit cause he's a fucking halfling who's parents are weak in the force.
>>
>>63939374

Nobody else has ever been shown to be able to suspend a blaster bolt in midair and then let it go after a full minute, all while not even solely focusing on it.
>>
>>63939530
>Nowhere did it say KYLO REN IS SUPER PAWWWUFUL.

It does actually.

>It says he's using the dark side to boost his power.

Lol nope

>I saw the stupid shit in the novel.

:^) You haven't read anything, senpai
>>
>>63939545
Someone got the Vader pic from the OT of him effortlessly catching Han's bolt?

I'm not even saying he's not Obi Wan tier but he is no Luke tier or even Mace Windu tier. He's weak in the force using his emotions and anger to boost his power.
>>
>>63939217
This. He was a sith padawan, and not fully evil so he couldnt tap dat dark side rage.

Rey was a pure charecter, so she got a x10 lightside boost. with +5 for using lukes lightsabre.

JJ obviously played KOTOR for both endings.
>>
>>63939633

Vader didn't suspend the bolt in the air, he absorbed the energy from it.
>>
>>63939624
Prove it. Someone posted all the relevant excerpts in a thread and there was no example of it saying how powerful he was. Just that he is balanced in the force and Snoke thinks he will be powerful cause of his bloodline.
>>
File: bolt.webm (1 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
bolt.webm
1 MB, 720x304
>>63939374
It's an amazing display of power. There's a reason it was done in the beginning of the movie.

>mfw people yelling in the cinema when this happened
>>
>>63939654
Come to think of it, wasnt force stasis a light force power in that game?
>>
>>63939689
I'm not saying it's not but what you are failing to understand is his natural connection to the force is weak. He doesn't have a strong natural connection like Rey. He had to work and train and tap into the dark side just to be as powerful as he is now, which isn't that powerful by Jedi or Sith standards.
>>
>>63939682
You are the one with the statement in the OP. The burden of proof is on you.

Ren is very powerful. Your personal hate toward the character does not change the facts.
>>
>>63939458

Uh, she fights throughout the entire fucking film. She may have not had Jedi training but she knew how to fight. And if she is what the movie applies she is you should not be bothered by this.
>>
>>63939772
and thats why he's going around collecting force sensitive objects to boost his connection with the dark side
>>
File: 7878785758.gif (939 KB, 260x146) Image search: [Google]
7878785758.gif
939 KB, 260x146
Why is all media propaganda now you ask?

Post-modern elites (aka cultural marxists and their "useful idiots" the SJWs) have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons e.g. bankers, cartels, politicians and community leaders e.g. Jesse Jackson, BLM, Green Party) to continue pushing for these policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
>>63939772

Where in the movie does it show/say this about either of them?
>>
>>63939233
remember ~12yr old Anakin winning the podrace or bombing the trade federation space station? I mean she's probably hes granddaughter i dont think this counts as unbelievable for star wars
>>
>>63939817
fuck off MRA nerd go fap to anime.
>>
>>63939227
this literally. he forgets about it but still is capable of having it frozen. fuck back to reddit op
>>
>>63939233
>rey is literally stronger in the force than anakin

That's actually impossible in the Star Wars universe.
>>
>>63939778
I don't hate Ren, I actually liked the character a lot. I just think there were a lot of nods to him not being naturally strong in the force and that is why he went Dark side. It's also why Rey could beat him, because she was naturally strong in the force.
>>
>>63939689
It sure as hell isn't strategic - I have no doubt that many Force-users from previous movies could have done it, but Kyle was trying to intimidate the villiage and show off for his troops (and the audience). Call me when he can swing around the bolts in midair like lightsabers.
>>
>>63939892
the force doesnt have a level cap, she can be anything disney wants her to be
>>
He got shot by the bow, which was shown like FIFTY FUCKING TIMES to be the most powerful gun around. He was at max capacity. Furthermore, Snoke mentions that Ren has yet to complete his training.
>>
It's not just the fight at Kylo at the end, it's everything that happens after she first gets on the Falcon on Jakku

from that point she is no longer the vulnerable girl struggling to survive, she turns into this invincible machine that easily overcomes any obstacles, mostly without any help from the other characters
>>
>>63939980
*wasnt
>>
>>63939075
Stop shilling for this obvious fucking strornk womin -plothole. The point isn't him being strong, which he fucking should be since it was established in the beginning of the movie, but that Rey had literally no training in the force and rekt his shit completely. She has better affinity with the force after 60mins of movie time than Luke had after ESB. They could have established her natural affinity by having her escape by using some lame tier force power in desperation.

Kylo became a complete kuck after he took his mask off. If they wanted to sell the whole 'le new Anakin'' gist they should've established it better.
>>
File: Nope Stormstoopers.gif (1 MB, 355x150) Image search: [Google]
Nope Stormstoopers.gif
1 MB, 355x150
>>63939075
He's just a child throwing a temper tantrum.
>>
>>63940031
This isn't a thread to crap on Rey. There are 50 others. This is a thread to discuss how Kylo was naturally weak in the force and that lead to his corruption.
>>
>>63939902
>I just think there were a lot of nods to him not being naturally strong

That's just your opinion, though. So don't present it as fact when every other canon source contradicts it.

>>63939968
Anakin was conceived by the Force. Unless Rey is another immaculate conception she cannot be more powerful than the literally most powerful Force user. It's the limits of the SW universe itself, both in universe and irl.

Remember the Prophecy?

Sure, Disney could change it, but so far they have not and it is canon.
>>
>>63939075
>Stops blaster beam in mid-flight
>weak in the force
I'm on to you, J.J.
>>
>>63939277
Blaster wounds don't bleed.
>>
>>63940097
No other canon source contradicts it. I debunked your stupid fucking inference from Snoke saying he was balanced and you just brushed it off faggot.

You need to learn to comprehend what is essentially being spelled out for you on film.

I'm glad you are a namefag so I can laugh at you when they straight up say he was naturally weak in the force in the next movie so that is why he joined the Dark Side.
>>
>>63940165
Sure, I will still be here, problem is you won't have the balls to admit it was you and hide behind being anon :^)
>>
>>63939980
This.

What do you idiots think all those blatant bowcaster scenes were for?
>>
>>63939980
>Snoke mentions that Ren has yet to complete his training.
Rey has yet to begin her training. This is a non-point.
>>
>>63940157
They do in this movie
>>
>>63940265
>>63940315
OP BTFO

Good to see /tv/ still has it
>>
>>63940097
Anakin was a sith ritual baby that Plagueis made so he could essence transfer into the body and use it and cheat death.

also turn the trip off no one cares who you are
>>
>>63940323
Well this movie is shit. Next?
>>
>>63940353
Prophecy > empty Sheev ramblings to tempt Anakin

>also turn the trip off no one cares who you are

How will you point out I was wrong in two years then?
>>
>>63940351
Breh I don't give a shit at all about Rey. Again my point is Ren is fucking naturally weak in the force so he turns to the Dark side. Jesus namefag you are more handicapped than the usual namefag.
>>
>>63940370
We're talking about this movie though, goofball
>>
I wish they hadn't introduced the idea of midichlorians at all. That the Force was simply a primal power that bonded all of life together. Being force sensitive was essentially a binary thing - either you were or you weren't.

And your mastery of the force was all up to you. If you were talented and got training you were throwing force lightning by the time you were 10. If you were not talented it would take you significantly longer.
>>
>>63940424
>Again my point is Ren is fucking naturally weak in the force so he turns to the Dark side

Which is wrong and disapproved by canon sources.

For example, here's the official wiki quoting the novels:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kylo_Ren

>The son of Leia Organa and Han Solo, Ben was sent to study alongside other Jedi students at a young age, being instructed and led by his uncle Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. While Ben showed great potential as a Force-user, he began to develop an unhealthy obsession with his grandfather Anakin Skywalker, being inspired by his exploits as the Sith Lord Darth Vader. Feeling that he must uphold the legacy of Vader, Ben betrayed and destroyed his former Jedi peers, preventing Skywalker from fully restoring the Jedi Order.

He is powerful, but wants even more and wants it fast in order to emulate his grandfather.

The feats he displays in the movie and the exposition from the books clearly show this.
>>
>>63940642
>A wiki source

Fans write wikis based off of inferences. Also him being powerful is not Luke powerful. Fuck Ashoka was "powerful" in the force.
>>
>>63940726
It cites the canon book senpai.

You imply Ren is weak despite displaying feats of Force use of the highest level (force stasis, telepathy), managing to fight after being shot by a monstrosity of a weapon, literally killing all of Luke's apprentices and many more, plus, a ton of novels and official Disney media stating the exact opposite.

I mean, I understand your shtick, I've seen it thousands of times and I bet usually works and you manage to bait a couple people, but you should know when to quit.
>>
>>63940861
REKT
>>
>>63940726

The wiki source is from the canon novel.
Face it anon, Rey is a mary sue who can do no wrong, and it's not only because of the duel with Kylo.

When she's not on-screen everyone lives only for her, it's exactly the same shit as Bella and her bitchboys dynamics in Twilight.
She did a fucking jedi mindtrick in 5 minutes, and was shown to be called by a lightsaber when they're inanimate objects for all the other movies.

She's a Mary Sue and we're supposed to marvel in glee at her defeating a powerful dark force user.
>>
>>63940861
thanks Eko, star wars haters like the OP will be the first to hang on the day of the rope
>>
>>63939457
They'll probably do both
>>
File: based ren 2.webm (324 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
based ren 2.webm
324 KB, 720x304
I reaaaaally like this sequence
>>
To me it doesn't even matter if Kylo "lost" the lightsaber battles. Those were an afterthought.

His struggle in this movie was whether or not he could bring himself to kill his father and he aced that test.

Wait for Episode VIII, I guarantee you he'll be back with his head together and his training completed.

Rey will probably become arrogant and think she doesn't need to train hard so she'll fall behind over the trilogy. I expect her to become Snoke's new apprentice after he gets sick of Kylo and kicks him out.
>>
>>63939217
Nigga he stopped a laser in mid air
>>
File: choke.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
choke.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
File: based ren.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
based ren.webm
2 MB, 720x304
longer
>>
>>63941166
She fires the blaster like a fucking retard.
>>
>>63939075
>the shit writing makes up for the shit writing

lmao fuck off manchild, don't you have some plastic toys to play with?
>>
File: force vision.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
force vision.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>
>>63941166

There's something really jerky and inelegant about all of Ren's movements throughout the film, it makes all his lightsaber moves seem like it has a life of its own it just looks good
>>
>>63941371
>that ending shot
She's totally Snoke's kid.
>>
>>63939075
>super weak
>stops a fucking blaster bolt mid-air
>can force-push people around like candy
>can utilise force-mind-fuckery to some extent
>>
File: thumbs up.webm (160 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.webm
160 KB, 720x304
>>63941334
>holds it like a girl

>>63941410
Yesss, exactly what you say.

The choreography is an art form when it comes to his movements.
>>
>>63941371

So, is Rey having visions of when Kylo killed off all of the other Jedi that Luke was training? Does that mean she was there? Was her memory wiped, why doesn't she mention any of this?
>>
File: training.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
training.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>63941511
>So, is Rey having visions of when Kylo killed off all of the other Jedi that Luke was training?

Yup

>Does that mean she was there?

No one knows, but it is likely it was Luke.

She saw what Luke had seen by touching Luke's lightsabre, think of the sabre as a conduit between the two.

It's a theory, though, no one knows for sure about this one scene specifically.
>>
>>63941511

I don't think it was all her memories, I think it was Luke reaching out through the Force trying to tell her what had happened, touching his lightsaber just strengthened the transmission or whatever
>>
>>63941639
8/10 would take to dinner and cuddle with
>>
File: turn 360 degrees.webm (3 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
turn 360 degrees.webm
3 MB, 854x480
>>
You assholes are arguing about Kyrlo vs Rey being a plot-hole, when the real plot-hole is Kylo vs Finn.

Kylo vs Rey, I can believe, maybe Rey is just such a naturally powerful force user that even untrained she can beat a wounded Kylo. Besides, she looks like she knows how to use a staff, so it goes that she might transfer over some of those skills to a light-saber.

Kylo vs Finn:
Finn gave a FIGHT against Kylo, with a fucking Light Saber!! Finn is a fucking janitor that had one battle. He did fight the Trooper who called him traitor, but even that didn't make sense for Finn to win if his saber didn't cut through the Trooper's weapon.

I don't give a shit if Kylo had his limbs decapitated and bleeding out, if Kylo was concious, he could have killed a non-force user just by choking him and slamming him against a tree, he should have one in two seconds.

Instead, it took longer for Kylo to beat Finn than Palpatine + Anakin to beat Mace Windu.

In entire history of star wars, the only non-force user to even give a Jedi / Sith any trouble was Jango Fett vs Obi, and that's with a jet pack and a fucking missile.
>>
>>63939689
that blaster looks shit
>>
>>63941773

Yeah, I don't get why Kylo didn't just grab him with the force like he'd done with everyone else up to that point.
>>
File: 1447786510185.gif (73 KB, 129x150) Image search: [Google]
1447786510185.gif
73 KB, 129x150
>>63939075
>Can rip thoughts out of people's minds with the force
>Vader needed a medical droid to extract info from Leia

>Can stop a blaster bolt in midair
>Vader can only deflect blaster bolts

OP BTFO
>>
>>63941773
my only justification is that he had just killed is father and wasn't thinking clearly at all, and didn't have any control over his emotions
>>
>>63941852
And he got fucking shot
>>
File: fight2.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
fight2.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>63941773
>>63941833

I got you senpai.

All of what you say is true, that's exactly why Fin got REKT by Tray Tor and by Ren.

But you have missed something.

Check it out now. Ren is showboating, he is toying with Fin, doing fancy moves and shit

Notice how when Fin managed to nick him, it took literally 3 seconds and 3 moves for Ren to end the fight.
>>
>>63941878
nah getting shot wouldn't stop him from wrecking his shit, with rey it would be a serious disadvantage
>>
>>63941742
literally laughed my ass off at this part
had to get it surgically reattached later
>>
>>63941878
This, everyone seems to forget he took a goddamn Wookie OP bowcaster shot to the abdomen, after EXPLICITLY establishing how OP the bowcaster is. That it didn't rip him in half is testament to his power.
>>
>>63939394
If we're going by the novelizations(I wouldn't), then Rey is quite obvious a Dark Sider
>>
>>63941908
Looking at this scene again, you're totally right
>>
>stops a bolt in mid air
>weak
>>
>>63941908

If he's feeling well enough to showboat here you can't say that his injuries are why he was beat by Rey.
>>
File: 1450184106830.jpg (36 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1450184106830.jpg
36 KB, 600x800
>>63941773
this
>>
>>63942000
Took me awhile to notice it as well.

>>63942097
Rey's force hacks are the difference, which was the hole point.

Average Joe with a lightsabre - an easy pray even for heavily wounded and exhausted both mentally and physically Force user

Another Force user, even an untrained with a lightsabre - a challenge for that same one wounded Force user

Ren would have destroyed Rey easily, if he had been 100%
>>
File: fight1.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
fight1.webm
2 MB, 720x304
Might as well post the rest
>>
File: fight3.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
fight3.webm
2 MB, 720x304
>>63942241
>hole
>pray

Yeah I'm done, gonna go sleep after this dump

3/6
>>
File: fight4.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
fight4.webm
2 MB, 720x304
>>
File: fight5.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
fight5.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>>
>>63941908
They shot it / acted it wrong then. Because I didn't get that at all.

First, Kylo is wounded and bleeding out. Most wouldn't have the patience to fuck around.

But if they did it that way, at the very least, at the end, instead of beating Finn with the light saber, Kylo should have force choked Finn and threw him against a tree, snapping his spine, showing that he could have done that all along and was just fucking around at first.
>>
>>63939458
6/6 already posted by an anon
>>
>>63942599
>Most wouldn't have the patience to fuck around.

He is a spiteful emotional mess, doubtful he was thinking rationally.

> instead of beating Finn with the light saber, Kylo should have force choked Finn and threw him against a tree, snapping his spine, showing that he could have done that all along and was just fucking around at first.

Eh... he did just that by humiliating Fin in a couple of moves and splitting his back open
>>
>>63939075
You know, it's not so much plot holes or strange writing which make this movie bad. It's more like...I don't know, the whole fucking thing is just wrong in every possible way.
>>
can someone post the webm of Poe wrecking all those TIE fighters and stormies in one continuous shot?
>>
>>63939075

Ren isn't weak in the force, he's weak emotionally and physically, basically everything OTHER than the foce
>>
>>63941773
decapitated means beheaded anon
>>
>>63942729
Someone here, posting
>>
>>63942795
Yea I wrote it too fast. Should have double checked.
>>
>>63941265
lol you just knew this guy was fucked
>>
my understanding was that Kylo has a lot of raw power and no control

when he's feeling super dark (massacring villagers, torturing people) and super confident, he can do crazy shit.

When he's not, when there's something troubling him, he turns into the pussy bitch he really is.

Rey may or may not be family. Rey may or may not have been spared. Rey also seems to be overall more powerful than Kylo, with none of the dark inclinations.

Rey is the person that could read Kylo's thoughts, and who turned around an interrogation to get at his deepest insecurities. And then, of course, she happens to start fucking his shit up and kicking his ass with a lightsaber too.

I think it means something that he starts talking about how with training, she could be stronger, blah blah...he's pathetically trying to imitate his grandfather, while getting his ass stomped.

Once his resolve is challenged, he loses his power and becomes a little bitch. Hence, his need to get rid of anything that might tempt him away.
>>
>>63942434
you skipped 2
>>
I hate tripfags but this one makes logical arguments

I feel conflicted like Kylo Ren now
>>
>>63943536
All 6 are posted... just not in order
>>
>>63943544
lel
>>
>>63941838
>Leia

1) His daughter
2) Who is force sensitive

>>Can stop a blaster bolt in midair

1) Implying Vader can't

2) Implying its not easier just to deflect the lasers
>>
>>63943460
>When he's not, when there's something troubling him, he turns into the pussy bitch he really is.

How can someone like this be a leading figure in a galactic empire?
>>
>>63941511
The strange thing is that one of those jedi looked like they were about to attack Rey before Ren impaled him, and the Knights didn't seem hostile towards her at all.

This is assuming the visions are from her own perspective anyway.
>>
>>63941371
Did everyone miss when someone said 'first steps' at the end of this scene?
Was it Luke talking?
>>
File: tumblr_nzl1pwe9Fz1sgadq7o1_540.jpg (100 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzl1pwe9Fz1sgadq7o1_540.jpg
100 KB, 540x405
>>
>>63944294
What? It didnt have any dialouge
>>
>>63944294

Obi Wan, Ewan MacGregor even recorded the line.
>>
>>63939075
Then explain how she can use the lightsaber like that faggot.

>muh training

They show leaving her on jakku when she was like 6 or 8 years old, no more than that, what kind of training in sword fighting AND the force can a kid of that age fucking receive?

Kylo's training wasn't complete as snoke says but sure as hell he trained and used the force much more than her.

The only excuse you can use for that whole scene is that she was tapping into the dark side because she wanted kylo dead after he killed han, kinda like luke tapped into it to defeat vader, regretting it soon afterwards.
>>
>>63941639
>She saw what Luke had seen by touching Luke's lightsabre, think of the sabre as a conduit between the two.

Don't forget, she had seen where Luke was hiding out too, the "ocean" and "island" that Kylo fishes out of her brain.
>>
>>63939075
HE STOP A FUCKING LASER SHOT AND FREE SHIT IN TIME MULTIPLE TIME WITHOUT EVEN THINKING ABOUT IT QHDEWRFBVGHNMJH

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

VAGINAS GERT OURTTGT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63943460
>Rey also seems to be overall more powerful than Kylo, with none of the dark inclinations.

Rey was about ready to fucking murder Ren if the ground wasn't exploding underneath them.
>>
File: 85.jpg (685 KB, 1200x963) Image search: [Google]
85.jpg
685 KB, 1200x963
OVER 9000 MEDICLORIANS PER CELLS
>>
>>63944775
During the flashback scene apparently there are old lines from both yoda and obi, plus a new one from the latter.

Force ghosts confirmed for still being around.
>>
File: 128989213792.jpg (146 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
128989213792.jpg
146 KB, 540x405
I haven't read the novel, but is there a chance that Kylo isn't a bad force user per se - but just a bad DARK force user?

People who've read the novel are also saying that it hints that Rey is more in-tuned to the dark force. So it sounds like some force-sensitive people are just predispositioned to certain sides and aspects of the force? Hence Rey's brutal lightsaber-fighting techniques and Kylo's temptations to turn towards the light.
>>
>>63944140
The actor that ren kills is credited as a knight of ren
>>
>>63945384
KYLO FUCKING MADE A DEATH MATCH WHERE ONLY THE BEST SURVIVED
>>
>>63945341

That seems really against everything Star Wars is about.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (25 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
25 KB, 640x480
All this Kylo vs Rey discussion reminds me of Zuko vs Katara in Season 1.

In fact, the characters are all actually pretty similar.

I hope Kylo does a Zuko and becomes a good guy/anti-hero in the end. Hell, he even has the scar now.
>>
>>63944140
It's probably from luke's perspective has he was the last force user to touch it and so I assume, this was his memories.
>>
>>63945384
Not that anon, but that still doesn't explain why we see a knight of Ren supposedly attacking her, and Kylo intervening to stop him while the rest of them just look on and don't do anything.

Could've been a spy? Or the visions weren't really her personal memories from past events, just visions given to her by Luke.
>>
Question: Is Kylo Ren being shot by Chewie the reason why they included that bullshit of Han suddenly taking an interest in the bowcaster, as if after 50 years he suddenly noticed how powerful it was? Almost seems like they clumsily shoved that it to help explain why a dark Force user with years of training could get wrecked by a little hermit scavenger girl in 5 minutes.
>>
>>63940075
That scene had Disney written all over it
>>
>>63945489

Innate connections to light vs. dark sides of the force? Yes, definitely.

But look at where both of the characters come from respectively and how that shapes their outlook.

Rey was sold into slavery as a kid and forced to survive on her own. She's more used to doing whatever it takes to ensure her own independence and safety and is about utility.

Kylo Ren, as much as he wants to leave it behind, was still trained to be a Jedi, likely from a very young age, and comes from two decidedly heroic parents who care about his well-being.

Hence Rey is more prone to falling into the mistake of taking shortcuts to power that the Dark Side is associated with, whereas Ren just can't see to get rid of his pesky conscience.
>>
>>63945562
>"Hey, what about this kid over here?"
>"Thats my sister/cousin!"
>"Cool. Ima kill her then"

And thats why hes dead and how rey ended up hidden on jakku
>>
He got shot in the gut with a high caliber weapon.

Something like that really fucks your shit up, no matter how good you are.

I think the film has big problems, but this is not one of them.
>>
>>63945851
It didn't stop him using the Force on Rey two seconds earlier when she was firing on him with a blaster. Finn should have had his lungs turned inside out instead of dueling him.
>>
>>63945688

Kylo Ren is absolutely going to die if he turns back to the light side. They've already shown how adverse to risk taking they are and they'll definitely never let a character who committed patricide by killing one of the most beloved movie characters of all time become a permanent good guy.
>>
>>63945977

As stated earlier in the thread, he wanted the satisfaction of a hand-to-hand duel, and he's rather petulant so he wanted to be fancy while doing it.

As soon as he gets knicked (due to injury) he ends it.
>>
>>63946054

He'd never be able to live with his guilt either. If he does go Light side, it's going to be with an overriding death wish attached.
>>
>>63939075
I totally dig the fact that Kylo is unstable, untrained and somewhat incompetent and yet tries to revel in the dark side and be all edgy like his grandfather.

Except for the one bit at the start of the film where he freezes a blaster bolt in mid air. What was that supposed to show? Because it hypes the expectations for Kylo and then the film subverts them when he constantly fails. Other than that he is so far the most interesting character in TFA, maybe even in the whole series.
>>
>>63946111
Yeah, this doesn't sound interesting at all to me. There's major faggotry ahead of us and i already decide to not be a part of it.
>>
>>63946054

He'll likely sacrifice himself in some way.
>>
>>63945500
It's fairly obvious that he will at some point. They didn't add the light side temptation conversation with Vader's helmet for nothing.

Considering the poor public reception coming from his face, does anyone wonder if Disney will go even further than just giving him a scar in the next movie? Maybe make him go full cyborg like he was in the initial concept art to revert the backlash?

A "lame" looking sith doesn't sit well for people, if the all of the shitposting threads about Kylo's look and character here on /tv/ are enough to judge by.
>>
>>63940157
A bowcaster isn't like a normal blaster.

It is a magnetic miniature railgun that propels a metal rod that is encapsulated with energy. So it is a physical bolt, not just energy.
>>
>>63946271

Most normies I've talked to seem rather fine with him.

I think it's just this board.
>>
>>63946242
>What was that supposed to show?

That he's still incredibly powerful, just emotionally immature and unstable.

Once he learns to control his emotions, he'll become a much bigger threat.
>>
>>63946242

He could've just deflected it with his lightsaber or something else, but he goes for what looks cool because he's all about the showmanship to cover up his own insecurities. There's several times in the movie where he goes with what looks cool or what will reflect his own strength as a dark Jedi rather than what is more practically assured to be successful, and pays the price for it.

>decides to not look for BB-8 after capturing Rey
>fails at getting the information from her himself and she escapes to boot

>toys around with Finn in the lightsaber battle on Starkiller Base, and then Rey
>Finn scores a lucky score on him and Rey kicks his shit in once she connects more fully to the force
>>
>>63946271

I'm expecting him to get more obsessed with the helmet with the big facial scar he'll have now, even though it's not a hugely disfiguring injury and he's the only one making a big deal about it.
>>
>>63939374
Vader deflects and diffuses, ren suspends the bolt AND the man using it.

Also Vulcan mind melds
>>
>>63939075
So what you're saying is we have a flawless protagonist and a weak antagonist. So in other words these movies will be boring and have no tension in them.
>>
>>63946054
He'll sacrifice himself to save a family member instead, like Vader did for Luke. If the first movie has cemented anything, it's that history is going to repeat itself.
>>
>>63946482
this desu jedi ghost senpai
>>
>>63946469

Like Doctor Doom?
>>
You know, using the force is like using a lantern ring.
Some people don't have the thought to do what others would.
When one guys says I'll just deflect the laser, another might think I'm going to stop it mid flight.
It's whatever you think you can do and the will to do it.
>>
>>63946482

>implying Ren isn't the protagonist

Antagonist is Snack
>>
>>63940157
>>63946300
He was also wearing armor that likely fractured at the point of impact and put some ugly holes in him
>>
>>63946599
100% THIS

People are acting like Yoda or Vader couldn't have also stopped a blaster shot midair. I bet most Jedi could do it, they just never thought to. It's a neat trick Kylo made up that looks cool.

Hell, in thousands of EU stories I don't think anybody's thought of it before. That doesn't mean it's hard, it just means it's new.
>>
>>63946903

Or they may not have done it because it's a bad technique. Why stop and hold it when you could just deflect it with a shield or your lightsaber? It's a waste of effort, and Kylo is doing it to purposely showboat.
>>
Rey is a Shan who inherited the Battle Meditation feat from her lineage.
Screencap it.
>>
File: 1450111439752.jpg (125 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1450111439752.jpg
125 KB, 720x960
>>63947177
I'd call bullshit but
>Knights of Ren. Ren could just be Revan's new-canon name. Revanites, revan knights, knights of ren
>Snoke very similar to the concept of "the true sith" that Revan went to find
>Kylo literally looks like Revan
>His lightsaber is stated in guidebooks as being "an ancient design from the scourge of Malachor"
>Rakata Prime is on the new canon map and probably the planet Luke is on at the end

They're clearly dipping into KOTOR just a little, at least for inspiration. I would not be surprised at all if what Rey did is new-canon'd battle meditation.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.