[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did he escape off Jakku?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3
How did he escape off Jakku?
>>
probably on a starship
>>
>>63938702
I wondered this too. I mean I knew he would but the way he just showed upagain out of nowhere made no sense.
>>
Mr. Kennedy sent him into OUTER SPACE
>>
>>63938702

It's his clone
>>
>>63938702
I'm sure we'll find out in an upcoming spin off movie.
>>
>>63938738

Wouldnt the Battlecruiser have monitered anyone going in or out?
>>
>>63938702
Make sure to find out in Poe's Escape: The Telltale Heart, in bookstores for $19.95 next year.
>>
>>63938806
nah, they left after the falcon escpaed
>>
>>63938702
the plot swept in and saved him
>>
>>63938702
by sucking hutt dick. oh wait it's jakku nvm
>>
>>63938702
>We got a shit-tier Cantina clone instead of more Poe

What a waste.
>>
after piercing the atmosphere of jakku he just went "fuck you" to finn,ejected, and made an awesome an hero video with a body cam.
>>
>>63938702

With sheer pluckiness and gumption.
>>
>>63938702
it doesn't matter.

how did Luke keep getting saved by everyone that cares about him in Empire?

He's a character, the story needs him, it's plausible he's there, end of story.
>>
>>63938702

It would have been cool if it was just Poe and Finn trying to find BB-8 that introduced us to Jakku and eventually Rey. It'd also let us understand their characters better.

They would essentially be filling the roles of R2D2 & C3PO for this, but it would be a good allusion to A New Hope without being so on the nose about it.
>>
This was one thing that didnt really bother me

I assumed he just either made contact with The Resistance and got a ride or contacted some Republic-alligned person on Jakku that had a ship
>>
>>63939211

And he didn't bother going back to find BB-8 to complete his mission?!
>>
>>63938702
>How did he escape off Jakku?

THE EAGLES CARRIED HIM
>>
>>63938702
He used his stunning good looks to hitch a ride on some freighter or some such.
>>
Why didn't he become solo's replacement?
>>
>>63939912
I feel like that was the setup but JJ bailed half-way through making the script
Po's an incredibly Star-Warsy character but he totally just disappears for the rest of it. I hope we get more of him in 8
>>
>>63940047
I really hope they expand him. Other than Rey, he was really the only new character I liked (maybe that old alien chick from the bar too).

Kylo "ren are we leaving hot topic" was worse than anakin.
>>
>>63940047
>>63940135
There's a rumor about an X-Wing movie...
>>
>>63940191
Eh, as much as I love Rey, Poe should be the one sitting next to Chewie.
>>
So what was supposed to happen after Starkiller Base depleted the star it was orbiting?

Was the planet just supposed to float there afterwards?
>>
>>63940135
Finn was a good character man. Him and Po actually got characterization.

I like Rey but she didn't have a whole lot of depth, hopefully she'll actually get a personality in the next one.
>>
>>63940231
X-Wing not Falcon
>>
>>63940258
I felt Finn to be rather flat. Throughout like 3/4 of the film he was a coward. "droid please" made me giggle

I hope Rey gets more developed too. Shes the front runner from the film, but it felt more focused on Solo/Finn. Poe is more of a supporting character, which sucks.
>>
>>63938772
shiiiiiiiii this would be a great plot twist
>poe clone army being created by resistance since republic chose to be cucks and signed disarmament treaty (this is actual canon)
>rey is actually a powerful force user that in the next episode is seduced by the darkside
>kylo returns to the light side after seeing luke betrayed and after snoke tries to destroy him since he's weaker
>final episode is finn, kylo and poe clones fighting first order and Darth Reyvan
>>
He said in the movie something like "I was expelled by the explosion and I was far from the ship"
something like this
>>
File: 915.jpg (67 KB, 647x697) Image search: [Google]
915.jpg
67 KB, 647x697
Why didn't he came back for BB8?
>>
>>63938764

UH OH
>>
Did Finn died at the end or was he asleep it was not clear
>>
File: outerspacekyloren.gif (978 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
outerspacekyloren.gif
978 KB, 500x281
>>63940970
>>
>>63938702

My suspicion is that it's going to be a plot point later. My bet is on Phasma being a double agent for the Resistance, and she saved him.
>>
>>63938702
Find out in his spin-off film
>>
>>63941876
>Phasma being a double agent for the Resistance
Nah, then she would have immediately revealed that to Finn & gang on Deathstar 3
>>
>>63938702
By calling it tatooine.
>>
Plot armour?
>>
>>63942232

Not necessarily. She did give them exactly what they wanted, anyway.

Besides, what happened if they got caught? She knows full well Kylo's ability to get information out of people (Rey excluded). If she tells them that she's on their side, and somebody gets captured, they're fucked.
>>
>>63941774
it was clear actually
the guys who took him out of the ship said "...he is alive..."
>>
>>63940047
>>63940135

Poe was originally supposed to die in the beginning of the movie, actually. JJ changed his mind after he spent some time talking to Oscar Isaac. I think that might be part of the reason why he took a bit of a backseat in this movie overall. I really hope he gets a lot more screen time in the next two movies, because he and Finn are my favorite new characters.

I think it's promising that BB-8 went back to him at the end. Considering BB-8 is the R2D2 of the new trilogy, I suspect he's going to get a lot of exposure. More BB-8 means more Poe at this point.
>>
>>63938702
He probably just caught a space bus back to the rebel planet. He's a handsome, wellspoken guy with probably some decent money and contacts. He can get the trip easy.
>>
Stupid theory coming through

First Order/Kylo Ren brainwashed Poe or implanted a double agent shit in his head

My theory is invalidated by the fact he blew up the base
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.