[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone tl;dr an explanation of this shit? Maybe im just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3
File: High Castle.jpg (49 KB, 1564x880) Image search: [Google]
High Castle.jpg
49 KB, 1564x880
Can someone tl;dr an explanation of this shit?

Maybe im just fucking retarded

Whats the deal with the films? Some time travel shit? How can some shitty movie reels destroy the Nazis? How were the MC's in the footage? Who was making the films? Season 2 when? Why were they trying to kill Hitler? Why is Juliana so fucking annoying goddamn

I assume the Man in the High Castle is Hitler, but why collect the films, who made them?
>>
They are apparently from another universe. I'll let someone else handle the rest.
>>
>>63937992
What
>>
>>63937992
You mean the Nazis in Earth 1 lost but invented the IRL conspiracy theory "Bell" device that time traveled to the past of Earth 2 before the Nazis lost and gave them future tech and shit that let Earth 2 Nazis win with the Japs and the film reels that showed America winning and Nazis losing was the proof from the Earth 1 time travelers that they were legit when Earth 2 would obviously be suspicious of all this "im from the future from a different Earth guis plz belib me"

Right?

Gay
>>
b-bump..
>>
is this shit based on the book? it sounds like it isn't from OP's post.
>>
gas the keks
>>
>>63938859
No the show is very different
>>
>>63938264
No. They are from parallel universes where events unfolded differently.
>>
>>63937926
it was basically a really long episode of Sliders where the nazis won

It sucked
>>
>>63939107
Makes no sense. Who is from a parallel universe and how did they get there
>>
File: hitler oh you.jpg (7 KB, 204x247) Image search: [Google]
hitler oh you.jpg
7 KB, 204x247
>>63938888
Hitler is pleased by your quads.
>>
>>63938867
nazi
>>
>>63939172
>how did they get there
THEY LITERALLY SHOW A CHARACTER TRAVEL TO OUR UNIVERSE. How can you be this fucking stupid.
>>
From some dialogues it seems that they're not even in a parallel universe but in a fake one.
>>
>>63939235
>TO OUR UNIVERSE
Actually it's not our universe. In the universe that jap traveled to, the cold war is set between the UK and US
>>
>>63939235
Still makes no sense. Some jap guy closes his eyes after playing with his stupid sticks and wakes up in alternate america? Fucking dumb
>>
>>63939290
>In the universe that jap traveled to, the cold war is set between the UK and US
In the novel, certainly. In the series that detail isn't apparent.
>>
>>63939235
Would make more sense that people in those cities are living as some experiment where they all believe the nazis won

>magical space time transportation and alternate universes and magic

STUPID
>>
Cant even have a good alternate history book or show without some magical time travel faggotry goddamn
>>
>>63939305
Well I'm out. Enjoy your autism faggot.

>>63939359
>Would make more sense that people in those cities are living as some experiment where they all believe the nazis won
That's a different PKD novel, The Penultimate Truth.
>>
>>63939290
>>63939328
No, he saw in the newspaper that there was a cold war between the US and the USSR. He's most definitely in this universe
>>
>>63939396
Theres no time travel in this show, why are can't you understand this?
>>
why is there a basicly lawless zone in the middle of america?
>>
>>63939450
>>63939401
Then explain the films, and the Trade Minister ending up in where he did in the end.
>>
>>63939506
Because Japs and Krauts are stupid and want rebels to have a place to live
>>
>>63939627
Then why are rebels hunted inside those parts?
>>
>>63939726
because you don't get sarcasm
>>
>>63939726
Because both sides saw they fucked up by letting the area exist so now they decide to fuck up again and send a couple head hunters instead just occupying it and now letting it exist to begin with
>>
File: rockies.jpg (38 KB, 472x314) Image search: [Google]
rockies.jpg
38 KB, 472x314
>>63939506
The middle of America always was and always will be a relatively lawless zone compared to the coasts.
>>
So no explanation then
>>
>>63940306
bump
>>
>>63937926
The characters are in purgatory. In order for them to move on, they created this adventure to help make their lives more fulfilling.
>>
>>63941152
stop
>>
>when you're watching the final episode and going "Somebody please save Hitler oh no oh shit Hitler's going to die FUCK YES BASED HITLER JUST SAVED THE WORLD"

How the fuck did this show get made
>>
This is a troll thread.
>>
havent seen the show here's the book summarized

that one guy is a fake nazi jew and a spy trying to worn the nips that the nazis wanna fuck them up

the other guy is a jewler who makes a necklace thats real good and gives the jap who wears it a vision of a different world and basically its a symbol for american resilience and culture
the jap and the other jap kill the nazis with the forger's gun
the other guy wrote a book (which i understand is a movie in the tv show) about what if the allies won ww2
the other guy is a fake-wop nazi sent to assassinate the writer in his 'high castle' and goes along with the main jewler guy's wife to do so
the wifey is a karate teacher and kills the wop with her karate

she goes to talk to man in high castle and he says he used the i ching to write the book and the i ching says the book has essential truth which may be america's resillience in this world being equated to the powerful america in the book's world or the essential truths of war in which it doesn't really matter what side wins
>>
>>63941536
I am being serious. I am confused about the whole film thing and how the MC's are in them and the Trade Minister being transported. It makes no sense. I was not expecting some alternate reality time travel shit.
>>
>>63941597
Useless, the show is very different from the book.
>>
>>63941662
No time travel, but travel between universe. Have you never seen sliders? The "how" isn't explained, it could be magic, hey, it's a fucking explanation, you don't have to like it.
>>
>>63941597
>the other guy is a jewler who makes a necklace thats real good and gives the jap who wears it a vision of a different world and basically its a symbol for american resilience and culture

definitely my favorite bit. it's a shame the show deviates so far from the book that i'll never see it.

why can't anyone just adapt PKD faithfully?
>>
>>63941715
So then the losing nazis sent the films to the alternate universe nazis to help them win which is why the alt nazis want the films back because it could reveal the whole method of their victory and give hope to the oppressed americans, right?
>>
>>63941718
>PKD

What
>>
>>63941767
Why are you trying to understand something that wasn't explained in the series? The films could have been brought to this universe but anyone who has the ability to move between universe, I don't get why are you trying to fabricate theories. We simply don't know who is bringing the films.
Again, this is a troll thread.
>>
>>63941835
Figured it was subtly explained in the show and that I just missed it.
>>
It is shown that other people also travel between dimensions. Tagomi's assistant says he's from Nagasaki and he has burn marks.
>>
>>63943112
Oh shit nigga, I thought he was just tortured or got hurt in the war in the Pacific or some shit
>>
>>63941805

the author, you dip
>>
just read the book OP, it makes sense and isn't garbage for plebs
>>
>>63944192
Visual media is mater race, reading is degenerate and basically the equivalent of being a fag in the 20's
>>
>>63945069
nice memes good sir, i see you are a meme scholar like myself
>>
>>63944192
the book is pulp garbage PKD cranked out with minimal effort
it has nothing interesting to say, has atrocious prose, its plots aren't seen through, the characters are flat, and the book was finished on a cliffhanger so he could write a few sequels to pay his rent

i haven't seen the show and I don't suspect it's any better, but if someone's going to be eating shit anyway let them do it their way
spoon or fork you're still eating shit
>>
>>63945379
>abloo bloo bloo I don't know how to read so I'll just list off some vague complaints and hope no one notices
>>
>>63945099
Just an honest memester good sir
>>
>>63945379
The book has sequels? What are they?
>>
>>63945729
There isn't, he's talking shit
>>
>>63945729
They aren't. He occupied himself with better ideas and then died.

>>63945799
defend that potboiler with everything you got anon.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.