[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People keep saying this is good. >Trying watching first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15
>People keep saying this is good.
>Trying watching first few episodes. It's awful.

Do I have to skip ahead to season 2 or some shit. Does it ever git gud?
>>
>>63932226
>Do I have to skip ahead to season 2 or some shit

Mandalorian episodes are the first good ones. so yes.
>>
>>63932226
>>>/co/

We're discussing adult Star Wars here, not manchildren schlock
>>
>>63932226
Not really, I watched it for the same reason. I guess Darth Maul returning is neat, but he's used even less than in Phantom Menace, so there was no point.

That's why I won't trust anyone on Rebels now.
>>
It was a le edgy cartoon for teens.
>>
Is this the same as the the CGI movie?

I watched it on Netflix and it was the worst movie I've ever seen. Jabba the Hutt has a purple uncle with tattoos that talks like Truman Capote and the "twist" is that Uncle Truman is actually the traitor but it's revealed like the scene after the character is introduced so it has literally no meaning.
>>
File: 18hgrnhor0f63jpg.jpg (68 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
18hgrnhor0f63jpg.jpg
68 KB, 800x449
>>63932375
That sucks. I mean, the war setting is interesting, but everything feels flat and lifeless. It's less flat than the prequels, but not by much.

I really loved the *other* Clone War cartoon, but it's really hard to find in it's entirety.
>>
Can someone tell me with the spoiler tag what happens to Anakins apprentice? Does she die?
>>
>>63932226
Of course it's awful, it's a kids show!
>>
Its both good and bad

they have some good episodes and episodes that are shit.
>>
>>63932628

Nothing because if they committed to an end for her character they wouldn't be able to milk 50,000 more shitty EU stories out of her.
>>
File: 1426547155685.gif (1 MB, 800x4896) Image search: [Google]
1426547155685.gif
1 MB, 800x4896
It's Star Wars. Pretty good Star Wars at that.
>>
>>>/co/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/elementaryschool/
>>
>>63932628
She leaves the Jedi Order after being cleared of false charges.
>>
File: 6546.gif (499 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
6546.gif
499 KB, 500x375
>>63932810

>Anons unironically recommending and writing guides for the "serious adult" show my eight year old nephew watches while I babysit him
>>
Everybody who watches cartoons over the age of 18 should be euthanised
>>
The show is really uneven and you should go by the guides. It jumps from Jar Jar and Droid adventures for toddlers into territories more dark and mature than anything the movies have to offer, often something that honestly shouldn't be in a kids show but makes for a good Star Wars show.

>Fives had a hard life...
>>
>>63932518
there's a video of the whole thing on youtube, in high quality
I think the final 4 minutes are missing from it, but you could find those separately
Also you could get the physical copy on amazon probably
>>
I'm on season four now, and it's pretty spotty in quality. Sometimes it can be good, sometimes it's god-fucking-awful, most of the time it's just mediocre as hell.

Anyone who prefers this one to the Genndy one was born after 1997.
>>
File: UmbaraBrothers.jpg (44 KB, 1265x709) Image search: [Google]
UmbaraBrothers.jpg
44 KB, 1265x709
>>63932416
It has a rough start, but it starts warming up at the end of first season, and by the third you're seeing some of the best things Star Wars has to offer.
Use the episode guide if you don't think you can tolerate the odd stinker of an episode in between the good stuff.
>>
File: Pre_vs_Maul-SOR.png (435 KB, 1304x545) Image search: [Google]
Pre_vs_Maul-SOR.png
435 KB, 1304x545
>>63935343
I think season four and five are the exact points where it became better than the Grenndy one for me.
I overall love both more than the actual prequels.
>>
>>63935792
That's what I've heard, I'm gonna continue watching it to the end.

I do agree that it's better than the prequels, most of the EU content was really.
>>
File: can't fleev the sheev.png (514 KB, 1268x549) Image search: [Google]
can't fleev the sheev.png
514 KB, 1268x549
In Season 6 the Sheev takes on Maul and his Brother and goes full Sheev on them

it's pretty entertaining
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7hBZNsPnyg
>>
>>63932226

It doesn't get good till season 5. Rebels is pretty enjoyable.

Have fun.
>>
>>63936237
I wish the voice actor had a better darkside sheev voice.
>>
>>63932810
>held hostage by Cad Bane
BANE?
>>
>>63933033
Creepy cp uncle.
>>
File: 1398460343560.jpg (18 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1398460343560.jpg
18 KB, 500x375
>>63936237
>he's just fucking with them both the entire time
>laughs all the time
>>
It's solid from season 3 onward, jedi return to mostly normal outfits isntead of silly battle armor, consequences become more serious for characters, etc.

The fact the show not only makes Anakin and Jar Jar competent, but also likable characters is proof enough its not just kiddy shit.
>>
File: e62.png (264 KB, 500x531) Image search: [Google]
e62.png
264 KB, 500x531
>>63936237
>savage opress
>>
>>63936237
Why didn't Sheev use both lightsabers when the goon squad lead by Mace Windu showed up?
>>
>>63936319
Tim Curry's Sheev was gr8, m8.
>>
>>63936521
He barely needed one to handle four Jedi council members. He just wanted to have some theatrics before tricking Anakin.

Sheev is a big guy on force powers anyway.
>>
>>63936521
because he only uses two in that scene for pottery. Maul is using one and his brother is using a dual-bladed saber. having two single saber users would bring down the ceramic quality.
>>
>>63936521
Because he doesn't actually need them; Sheev was just fucking around with those two
>>
First season is shit. Gets good at the end of season 2.
>>
File: 1413937303720.jpg (19 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1413937303720.jpg
19 KB, 500x281
>Season 5 has the Youngling adventure squad
>you can't enjoy it because you know Anakin butchers them all mercilessly
>>
>>63932226

It's fucking GREAT

Fucking great, I say

I love the prequels because of it, it bleeds life into the universe, emotion, ...
>>
File: 1448488463804.gif (617 KB, 664x550) Image search: [Google]
1448488463804.gif
617 KB, 664x550
>>63936237
>2:58
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lGETyUkjdo

remember that time Maul killed Obi-Wans gf?
>>
>>63936237
This was the same guy who was casually tossed into a pit.
>>
How come two JEDI COUNCIL MEMBERS job and die defenselessly to the power of the Sheevspin? Are they debuffed by his amazing... spin?

Huenigger HD link to the jobbing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ESOrF_u1hg
>>
>>63936237
The stuff at the beginning with the Emperor casually force choking those dudes was cool, but oh my Jesus, I hate prequel style lightsabre fighting.

>Let's make it move at 10,000 RPM!
>Let's put as many blades as possible on screen at a time!
>>
>>63936956
The Sheev spin allows him to have the high ground from whatever position he's in, making him practically unstoppable.
The only person who could possibly defeat him is Obi Wan, with both his power of the high ground to challenge it, and the power of A Certain Point Of View to dispel Sheev's manipulations
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ve1889zS030

NAME ME A MOVE GREATER THAN THIS IN STAR WARS LORE
>>
>>63936956
I have always contended that Anakin should have killed the Jedi council.

Have him fooled into thinking they killed Padme and have him in turbo powered rage mode just wrecking them. It would have spared us goofy old man fighting and a scene with younglings.
>>
File: mace-windu-jar-jar.png (424 KB, 750x380) Image search: [Google]
mace-windu-jar-jar.png
424 KB, 750x380
It's great. Anakin is well-acted, Maul comes back, and there's a two-part episode where Samuel L. Jackson and Jar Jar team up.
>>
>>63936237

>it's just like my 5th grade fanfics!
>>
>>63932518
https://youtu.be/XVk9lPotcW4
>>
>>63932266
>adult Star Wars
I've got bad news for you, pal.
>>
Man, fuck Disney for canceling it when it was at its best.

>There were many unfinished episodes or 'story arcs' for the show, among them are:

>A Four Part arc about Obi-Wan and Anakin on Utapau finding out about a secret weapons deal between the Sumi Weapons dealers and General Grevious, the weapon turns out to be a giant crystal, ones like it later go on to power the Death Star. The Episode titles are "A Death on Utapau", "In Search of the Crystal", "Crystal Crisis", and "The Big Bang". These episodes were uploaded to Star Wars.Com in September of 2014 and are free to watch on the website. The animation, however, is not finished.

>A Four Episode story about Captain Rex teaming up with a group of mutant super soldier clones known as The Bad Batch, to go to Skako Minor and save a fallen comrade. The episodes are "The Bad Batch", "A Distant Echo", "On the Wings of Keeridaks" and "Unfinished Business". The premiered at a Star Wars convention in early 2015 and were released online soon afterward. Like the above arc, they are unfinished.

>Another four episode story in which Darth Maul's followers free him from prison and a war breaks out between the masters of the dark side. These episodes are "The Enemy of my Enemy", "A Tale of Two Apprentices", "Proxy War", and "Showdown on Dathomir", all four episodes were released in comic book form as Darth Maul" Son of Dathomir

>An Eight Episode arc about Quinlan Vos teaming up with Asajj Ventress to assassinate Count Dooku, only to fall in love with her and become dangerously close to the dark side. The eight Episodes were ""Lethal Alliance", "The Mission", "Conspirators", Dark Disciple", "Saving Vos Part I", "Saving Vos Part II", "Traitor", and "The Path". These eight episodes were released in the novel Star Wars: Dark Disciple.

>A "Top Gun Clone" arc that has Rex learn how to fly.
>>
File: clone-wars-darth-bane-134934.jpg (86 KB, 655x389) Image search: [Google]
clone-wars-darth-bane-134934.jpg
86 KB, 655x389
>>63937957

>An arc that would have had Yoda and the Bad Batch team up with Wookiees to defend Kashyyyk. This Arc would have explored the friendship between Yoda and the Wookiees as well as exploring the Wookiee's connection and religious ties with the forest.

>An arc about Padme.

>A 'creepy, disturbing episode arc inspired by The X-Files' arc was planned, possibly featuring the EU race The Vong.

>An arc about Ahsoka's life after leaving the Jedi, may have had her getting involved with the Pyke Spice trade to stop their criminal activities as well as being swindled by a crooked speeder salesman.

>Another giant crystal arc that may have featured Depa Billaba.

>A bounty hunter arc in which Boba Fett teams up with Cad Bane to save a girl from Sand People. This arc would have revealed that Cad Bane and Jango Fett knew each other.

>An arc that would have had an injured Rex and R2 stranded behind enemy lines, working with a reprogrammed Super Battle Droid.

>A return to Mon Cala arc that featured the return of Prince Lee-Char and the Separatist Quarren leader Tikkes as the antagonist. A sub-plot in the arc may have been Lee-Char not being very trusting towards the Republic anymore because of Ahsoka's trial.

>Ahsoka teaming up with Anakin one more time to capture an escaped Barriss Ofee, although this is not confirmed.

>An arc in which giant creatures from a hidden Sith Temple beneath the Jedi Temple surface and attack Coruscant. The Zillo Beast may have returned here.

>Another Bounty Hunter story that may have been a jailbreak story, in which the bounty hunters free the Separatist leaders and generals. Boba may have reclaimed the Slave 1 from Hondo.

>An Arc in which Bo-Katan calls Ahsoka for help and she and those loyal to Mandalore team up against Darth Maul.

>An episode arc that retells the events of the Battle of Coruscant.

>An arc that would have told the events of Revenge of the Sith through Rex and Ahsoka's point of views.
>>
I like the EU than the OT and PT. And TCW is godsend.

>>63938038
>An arc that would have told the events of Revenge of the Sith through Rex and Ahsoka's point of views.

What the fuck Disney.
>>
>>63932518
You can fond some fine torrent on Kat, bro.

Clone Wars 2D is SamuraiJack-Tier desu
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.