[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Episode VII basically diminishes everything that happened in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
Episode VII basically diminishes everything that happened in Episodes IV, V and VI.

>That war against the Empire? Meaningless, since the empire is even stronger than before and the rebels are still rebels, just with a different name this time.
>Emperor Palpatine is dead? Meaningless. We have the Supreme Leader Snoke now, another sith lord, out of nowhere.
>Darth Vader is dead? Meaningless. We have Kylo Ren, who fills the same role.
>Rebels destroyed two death stars? Meaningless. We now have the Starkiller Base, which is 50 times bigger and can destroy multiple planets with one shot.
>Luke mastered the Force? Meaningless. He failed to train new jedi and went into hiding.
>Han and Leia got together? Meaningless. Han Solo went back to his smuggler's life, ignoring all the character progression in the original trilogy because he was apparently "sad" (just sad) his only son fucking turned to the dark side. Leia is stuck as a general, doing the same job for 30 years, accomplishing nothing since Episode VI. The audience, by the way, is supposed to believe both of them and Luke Skywalker, after ALL that happened in the original trilogy, wouldn't give up their lives trying to rescue, by any means necessary, Ben Solo from the grip of a new Sith Lord that took over the Empire and just went with their lives until the Mary Sue showed up. Only after the Mary Sue showed up is that Han Solo decided to do something about his son.

Jesus Christ. The more I think about Episode VII, the more I realize the movie's problems were much bigger than simply having a by-the-numbers soundtrack compared to previous SW motion pictures, Marvel quips all over the script (including too much nostalgia) and using bland locations, like a random Ireland isle, in a space opera.
>>
>>63931899
>destroying one superweapon = destroying the entire galactic power that built it
This is what retards actually believe
>>
Life's shit. Get over it.

You don't really think that just because you accomplish something you will live happily ever after do you? Life isn't a fairytale anon. Besides, the OT crew probably had like 20 of relative happiness before things went to shit. That's better than most people.
>>
i am poop
>>
Episode 7 was total shit. Everyone is just excited that there is a new Star Wars movie and will love it regardless, once the hype dies down is when people will realize it sucked
>>
reply to this post or you die tonight
>>
>>63931899
>That war against the Empire? Meaningless, since the empire is even stronger than before and the rebels are still rebels
They're actually not stronger than before considering they aren't taking over everything

>We have the Supreme Leader Snoke now, another sith lord, out of nowhere.
Do we know what Snoke is? No. Is he even a SIth? Ren sure isn't
>>
>>63931964

The leader and second-in-command were both inside that superweapon that got destroyed. The empire has no head. Also, where did Snoke come from? There's only 2 siths at a time, a master and an apprentice.

>b-b-b-b-b-but Episode VIII and IX will explain everything

It's a faulty script if it relies on another movie to explain this one.
>>
>>63931899
>>That war against the Empire? Meaningless, since the empire is even stronger than before and the rebels are still rebels, just with a different name this time.
Empire was destroyed, First Order are a glorified band of terrorists, the galaxy's fragmented with no real sense of order
>>Emperor Palpatine is dead? Meaningless. We have the Supreme Leader Snoke now, another sith lord, out of nowhere.
Sheev was just one guy
>>Darth Vader is dead? Meaningless. We have Kylo Ren, who fills the same role.
Kylo isn't even a sith
>>Rebels destroyed two death stars? Meaningless. We now have the Starkiller Base, which is 50 times bigger and can destroy multiple planets with one shot.
so?
>>Luke mastered the Force? Meaningless. He failed to train new jedi and went into hiding.
yes
>>Han and Leia got together? Meaningless. Han Solo went back to his smuggler's life, ignoring all the character progression in the original trilogy because he was apparently "sad" (just sad) his only son fucking turned to the dark side. Leia is stuck as a general, doing the same job for 30 years, accomplishing nothing since Episode VI. The audience, by the way, is supposed to believe both of them and Luke Skywalker, after ALL that happened in the original trilogy, wouldn't give up their lives trying to rescue, by any means necessary, Ben Solo from the grip of a new Sith Lord that took over the Empire and just went with their lives until the Mary Sue showed up. Only after the Mary Sue showed up is that Han Solo decided to do something about his son.
It's shown that time has progressed and he only went back to this when he saw no hope for his son etc. Han changed when he thought his son could be redeemed
>>
>>63932057

>They're actually not stronger than before considering they aren't taking over everything

The whole point of the Death Star is that it was the ultimate weapon, the one that would make entire planets bow to the Empire's will, liking it or not.

When the "remnants of the Empire" have a weapon that is 50 times more powerful than their previous ultimate weapon, I don't see it as a sign of weakness. Do you?

The Empire had only an under construction death star that was destroyed by the end of RotJ. This time, they had a fully functional Mother Death Star. The Empire was weaker than the First Order?
>>
>>63932074
>part one of a three part story didn't spoonfeed me everything immediately and decided to leave mystery and build-up so it's trash waaaaaaah I don't like it
Aww poor babby

And what, you think that all their infrastructure and military leadership disappears without them? You're too stupid to be having this conversation, just stop.
>>
>>63931899
Lol? Bro now they have regular people as troopers. They don't have clones now. Their "top bad guy" Kylo Ren couldn't even LIFT a fucking lightsaber during a fight and he aimlessly, angrily swings his saber around when he fights.
And since when having failed to train jedi means being meaningless? shit man have you even seen the previous films, at all?
And you call Solo's arc meaningless? he *literally* fucking died trying to get his son back.
what the fuck
>>
>>63931899

Just saw the movie and it's great, much better than VI. That whole Ben Solo thing was bad, but everything else is really good. And what did you expect, everything to be perfect after original trilogy and get a sequel in 3 parts of Luke and crew drinking tea happily in a perfect world?
>>
>>63932254
>couldn't lift a lightsaber
>able to hold a blast projectile midair, turn his focus away from it and still hold it there for a ridiculous amount of time
>>
>>63932254

He only tried to get his son back after the Mary Sue showed up. He spent literal years just having fun space adventures with Chewie, just like he did in the good old days, before deciding to help out the resistance.

Also, did you guys forget they had a planet-sized base that could destroy star systems by eating their sun and annihilating multiple planets at the same time? They're not just terrorists. They're more powerful now than the Empire during Palpatine's years.
>>
>>63932246
Plotholes are not mystery you fucking disneybabby.
>>
Han Solo character arc was destroyed

He died as a pathetic, old, petty criminal who failed as husband, parent, and business man
>>
>>63931899
Exactly.

It was obviously all over for The Empire, hence the celebrations at the end of RotJ. The Rebels had won.
This point was underlined even more in the Special Editions when Lucas shows us scenes from around The Galaxy of millions of citizens going apeshit cos the evil Empire was banished. There was even Emperor statues being toppled (this woulnt happen if that regime were still in place). Fireworks the fucking lot.
It was over. The Empire was finished. Luke and the Rebels had won. Redemption.

Buuuut lets just brush that under the carpet cos TFA is 'Everything I wanted it to be XD''.
>>
>>63932369
So now we see if someone is strong with the force by how it use it as a magician tricks when everything is alright? What good are you if you can't concentrate when shit hits the fan?
>>
>>63932308

>And what did you expect, everything to be perfect after original trilogy and get a sequel in 3 parts of Luke and crew drinking tea happily in a perfect world?

I expected not having them as the center of the plot, not having another threat that's bigger and more dangerous than the one they've faced before during their lifetime at least. It makes the previous events look smaller, like it's said in the OP.
>>
>supreme leader snoke is sheev's bastard grandchild he had with a local gungan
>>
>>63932369
Obviously because lightsaber is Luke's and force didn't want him to get it.
>>
>>63932074

>There's only 2 siths at a time, a master and an apprentice.

This is where you're wrong. Literally nothing says that somebody can't say "fuck the order of two, I'm practicing the dark side anyways"
>>
>>63932383
Once again, you are too stupid to be having this conversation
>>
>>63932021
im
>>
>>63931964
To be fair, showing how the Empire was still alive 30 years before was a good premise. But it just doesn't make sense that it's pretty much in the exact same shape it was after a transition in governance (especially since the Empire only ever had one emperor and never knew transition before), the loss of his most important strategic pieces and its military leaders.
Of course since it's a big action movie they had to focus on military aspects, but showing how the rebellion turned into a Republic and tried to make its authority recognized in former imperial territories.
not to mention the Rogue Squadron did it better, and it was just with a grand total of 10 minutes of cutscenes showing how the Empire refused to die
>>
>>63932465
>not having another threat that's bigger and more dangerous than the one they've faced before during their lifetime at least.

Why? Sequels almost always have a new bigger threat? And I disagree about previous events looking smaller, if anything they look much bigger, new bad guys can't even into clones.
>>
>>63932447

This. The whole point of Return of the Jedi is that the rebels finally cut the head of the Empire. It was the beginning of a new era, free of the grip of the Empire.

After watching The Force Awakens, all I can think is "why were they celebrating in RotJ again? The status quo didn't change, the enemies are still as threatening as ever (or even more, since we gotta ackowledge the Starkiller Station). Why did Obi-Wan, Anakin and Yoda show up as ghosts and smiled at Luke? Were they thinking "haha, you're laughing now, but you don't know what's going to happen in the next 30 years. You're fucked, mate, and we're out! Peace!"?
>>
the ot is getting DP'd. the pt is fucking it in the ass and the these new movies are fucking it in the face.
>>
While I agree that politics are poorly made I can think that after the devestating war the Rebels were not able to restore order. However that mega death star is bullshit, a desperated Galaxy with warring factions, terrorist groups, criminals would be much more appealing for me.
>>
>>63932056
hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
>>
>>63932485
He still caries the Skywalker bloodline and that lightsaber was Vader's. I'm not too bothered by it though since he was injured during that fight.
>>
>>63932575
>>63932447
TFA takes place 30 years after ROTJ.
People were celebrating at the end of WW1, too.
>>
>>63932497

Sure, fine by me, but how did they get control of the Empire, though? Palpatine didn't become the emperor only because he was the master of the dark side. It took him DECADES of politics and playing both sides in multiple conflicts to get there, but now I have to accept that this Supreme Leader Snoke exists and took over the Empire?
>>
>>63932074

We killed Osama Bin Laden and other terrorists! ISIS and other terrorist groups no longer exist!

We defeated the Nazis! Neo-nazis and white supremacists don't exist!

The North won the civil war! Southerners don't wave the Confederate flag anymore!

Sorry kid, even if you defeat the bad guys, a lot of them and their sympathizers still stick around and want to continue what they started.
>>
>>63932485
>>63932639
Anakin's*
>>
>>63932555

>Sequels almost always have a new bigger threat?

And that's why they're usually bad, since they make the previous threats seem unimportant, which is the whole point of this thread.
>>
File: rrrrrr.jpg (66 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
rrrrrr.jpg
66 KB, 500x375
Did harrison ford have that gay little earring in during the movie?

pic related
>>
>>63932653
>We killed Osama Bin Laden and other terrorists! ISIS and other terrorist groups no longer exist!
Al-Qaida and the Galactic Empire aren't really the same thing. And neither are Al-Qaida and ISIS.

>We defeated the Nazis! Neo-nazis and white supremacists don't exist!
Last time I checked the NSDAP wasn't ruling Germany anymore.

>The North won the civil war! Southerners don't wave the Confederate flag anymore!
Last time I checked the South lost all of its political power as a result.
>>
>>63932653
Sympathizers will be here, but if you destroy the main structure, ther will be some changes.
In case you didn't notice, the third reich doesn't exist anymore.
TFA could have been a lot more interesting if it was about the witch-hunt in the new Republic to get rid of the last remains of the imperial influence, with everyone realizing that by doing so, they are not that much better than the empire they overthrew.
>>
>>63932647
WWI was different to WWII though. Different protagonists
Thats like saying Hitler and his Nazis are waiting to pounce again for WWIII...

Nice try kid.
>>
>>63931899
OP is 100% right
>>
>>63932697
>since they make the previous threats seem unimportant

So Darth Vader ruling the world and killing Luke and Han and Leia would be unimportant? I htink you should watch those films again.
>>
>>63932056
plz no ;_;
>>
>>63932809
Not him. First Order doesn't rule on the galaxy. In fact, the Republic does.
>>
>>63932214
Technological advancement, numbnuts. ISIS is arguably less strong in a conventional sense than Iraq under Saddam but they're more dangerous due to their refined use of new technology and tactics.
>>
>>63932019
Life isn't a movie, no one expects it to be well-written and follow narrative causality.

I'm sorry that you are not only jaded about life but also using that to rationalize terrible writing in a fantasy movie.
>>
when sheev died he left all his money to the empire, so they used that to build the starkiller

vaders money also went to the starkillr because he didnt have enough time to change his will before he turned back to the light and died

sheev was surely in the money right, vader would have probably amassed a fair amount too after he became sith
>>
>>63931899
Starkiller shouldn´t be destroyed in this movie and so easily.
Also it should be just named just Deathstar.
>>
>>63933053
Who in the Empire could they have left the money to? Sheev doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to care for a legacy after his death.
>>
>>63932074
>where did Snoke come from?

It never says he's a sith
>>
>>63932620

Exactly. Sure, the rebels could possibly not have the strength to bring order to the galaxy, but they should be trying to do it with a New Republic, while the galaxy had multiple factions fighting for the seat of power, now that it was empty.
>>
>>63931899
I thought that's how this goes? An endless war between the light and dark sides to keep the balance?
>>
>>63932653

Your examples are terrible because none of those were at any point the established government of the fucking world. Plus, none of them ended up more powerful them before.
>>
>>63933251
Ben Solo went full "Senat the traitors", maybe Snoke was one of the Senat and saw the dark side of the Republic politics. Probably not, but we'll see.
>>
>>63933332
It's your fault for expecting bad guys to get weaker and weaker.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (12 KB, 495x328) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
12 KB, 495x328
No force jump or force 720 spin jump in the entire film. I was so ready for it when Kylo looked up and saw Finn and Rey but it never came.
Genuinely bummed me out.
>>
>>63933303
It is. OP is a child.
>>
>>63932056
fuck sake
>>
>>63933303
No it's endless war where bad guys must get weaker constantly and in no case have a bigger version of the older weapon.
>>
>>63933053
No but you see Ewoks were celebrating so that means the Empire no longer exists.

Don't you see the logic?
>>
>>63931899
its sad that you are so bitter and can't enjoy good things op
>>
>>63931899
>Movie called Star Wars
>"why is there a war in the stars?"
>>
>>63931899
Lets just remove the bad guys and turn Star Wars into a sitcom called Jedi Summer Camp
>>
>>63933494
It's endless war where bad guys always have a bigger version of the older weapon
>>
>>63933655
Sounds like real life.
>>
>>63933655
No but the happy music was playing so the good guys won forever
>>
>World War 2? Meaningless. We still have wars.
>>
>>63933678
And Star Wars is a fairy tale in space
>>
>>63932844
>In case you didn't notice, the third reich doesn't exist anymore.
Right, Nazi Germany failed because Hitler killed himself and not because the entire country was being invaded by Soviets. Do you really believe that Nazi Germany would have just ended if Hitler had died at some point in 1940?

Also, the Galactic Empire literally spans MILLIONS of star systems and rules over TRILLIONS of people. It's a massive fucking state larger than any one battle station. It's even established in Episode IV that most of the Empire is run by governors with their own fleets, who wouldn't have been on the Death Star.
>>
>>63933204
the empire as a whole, presumably they had accounts and businesses that they controlled, so i guess they owned banks too. anyone can leave money to a business in their will. charities, political parties and even religions can be left money
>>
File: 452.jpg (8 KB, 250x206) Image search: [Google]
452.jpg
8 KB, 250x206
I loved the evil white stormtrooper with his police baton and riot shield beating down the poor brave black man.

Didn't you?

So subtle.
>>
>>63933742
And?
>>
>>63931964
Look at this faggot bringing real world geopolitical ramifications into a SPACE FAIRY TALE.
>>
>>63931899
Star Killer base
kills billions of civilians first.

leaving me to care whether or not the next shot kills an over the hill General Leia
>>
>>63933775
But the thing went boom and the credits rolled so the bad guys are dead now
>>
>>63933730

>World War 2? Meaningless. We still have jews.

FTFY senpai
>>
>>63933842
>Sounds like real life.
And?
>>
>>63933811
also funny how the only time you see black guys theyre with a white woman like poe's wingmates and finn and rey
>>
>>63933811
>Space nigger was carrying a space switchblade and has just impaled a cop with it

hands up don't shoot!
>>
>>63932056
Just in case
>>
don't forget MaRey sue cheapening the fuck out of the force

first time you have a character use it and they can fucking mind trick?

Luke didn't get gud until halfway through the OT, rey can just off the back mind trick and force pull stronger than a guy who has probably around 20 years of training
>>
>>63932385
no, he dies offering his help to his son in need. His last words were:
"can you help me father?"
"yes always"
or something like that
>>
>>63933251
They never said Sheev was a Sith, he was a chancellor.
>>
>>63932056
Bring it on!
>>
>>63932056
response
>>
>>63933932
And it's fun how nature of men never changes. Don't you think?
>>
>>63933925
>kill the bad guys
>have exact copy of previous bad guys in the next movie
>>
>>63933251
Kylo says that Snoke trained him

snoke says that it's time for kylo to complete his training

han and leia said that snoke "seduced kylo to the dark side"

sounds like a sith to me m80
>>
I don't know what you people were expecting. Why are you bringing this up now and not a few years ago when the movie was announced? A new movie trilogy had to be about something. They could have set the movie further ahead in time, so as to avoid directly involving the protagonists and setting of the original trilogy, but that would have only resulted in many people asking about what happened to Luke. They're just giving people what they think people want (for better or worse).

I agree it's unnecessary (the prequels weren't necessary either), but that's what happens when sequels are made. It's stupid, but there you go.
>>
>>63934029
Literally every story with a sequel ever told. This film must be really good if people can't come up with a single decent argument against it.
>>
>>63934009
Pretty sure the Sith lord was mentioned in Episode I.
>>
>>63932056
waedsyhij
>>
File: thumsup.jpg (33 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
thumsup.jpg
33 KB, 500x375
>>63932056
>>
>>63932056
nej :(
>>
>>63932555
>what is Empire Strikes Back, arguably the best movie of the franchise and a sequel
>movie was just about running from Vader and Luke trying miserably to be a Jedi
>>
>>63934177
>running from literally same old CLONES

Come on dude.
>>
>>63933303
>>63933494
>>63933655
its an endless war between good and evil where the power dynamic shifts between the two. you start with the republic which then becomes the empire which is defeated by the rebels which then...goes back to the same dynamic of the OT of a small band of good guy (resistance) against a much larger and dominating group of bad guys (first order)
the power dynamic doesnt change, just given different names and weapons
>>
File: 1450560159483.jpg (13 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1450560159483.jpg
13 KB, 400x300
Did you see the evil, ugly racist bad guy with a mask, holding his flaming cross?

Subtle as fuck
>>
>>63931899
History doesn't repeat itself and Taoism is not about the cyclical nature of existence at all
There is no merchandise to be sold
>>
>>63933640

No, let's just have the bad guys organization follow the logic established by the previous movies
>>
File: 68648.jpg (66 KB, 709x480) Image search: [Google]
68648.jpg
66 KB, 709x480
That scene when the x-wings pilots talk when they're flying on the starkiller planet

>first shot: the hispanic

>second shot: the woman

>third shot: the fat white guy

>fourth shot: the asian guy back in their headquarters

>fifth shot: the black guy
>>
>>63932056
spooky
>>
>>63931899
When han died like a chump and the first thing leya does is to hug REY some little slut she never met before INSTEAD OF CHEWIE the script just blows chunks.
Han should at least have gone out doing a kamikaze attack in the millenium falcon to destroy the new death star 2.0 or something at least a tiny bit heroic. Not some chump death by his faggot emo son.
And of course the fact that nobody gives a shit about chewie having lost his best friend ever.
No let's hug rey. They should just have called this REY: THE REY AWAKENS FEATURING REY guest starring han solo, luke and leya
>>
>>63931899
John carter was better than TFA
>>
>>63934301
>the bad guys organization follow the logic established by the previous movies

Well duh! That's what both sides have been doing since almost forever. The only major difference was with Sith before Rule of the Two.
>>
>>63931899
fuck this piece of shit movie
fuck them for killing Han Solo by a faggot REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63932056
shaking my head to be quite honest family
>>
>>63934082

Sith =/= dark side

All you need to be to be on the dark side is a force connection and an immoral streak
>>
>>63932056
k
>>
>>63933421
you will never be a Master Jedi
>>
File: image.png (302 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
image.png
302 KB, 500x363
>>63932056
>>
>>63932056
plz noo
>>
>>63932768
No, but you could see the hole in his ear.
>>
>>63932056
'no'
>>
>>63934558
I don't get it. I remember Dio using time stop with knives combo but don't remember the cat.
>>
>>63931899
>Rebels destroyed two death stars? Meaningless. We now have the Starkiller Base, which is 50 times bigger and can destroy multiple planets with one shot.

i only agree with this one
>>
>>63932056
no
>>
>>63931899
Yeah VI being my favorite SW movie ruined TFA a bit for me. It just doesnt feel like a true sequel, more like some lazy spinoff from a parallel universe.
>>
>>63931899
>>63932381
"Mary sue" only means "competent female"
The movie is amazing and all of you are just being contrarians as usual. God forbid there is a positive role model for girls out there, we can't have that, oh fuck no!
>>
>>63932056
B-but I have yet to be deflowered
>>
>>63932586
lmao thanks for making me laugh out loud
>>
>>63934724
Not when it's written like shit. Sorry tumblr.
>>
>>63934724
How about you go google up the term before you embarrass yourself by using words you don't understand
>>
It's really stupid how the status quo is exactly the same 30 years later. But of course changing that in any way would be a risk and this cookie cutter bullshit film sure as hell wasn't going to do that.
>>
>>63932056
ok
>>
>>63932056
TRAITOR
>>
NO RISKS

ONLY SAFE STORY AND LINES

LOOK WE PANDER TO LIBERALS WE ARE SO BRAVE
>>
>>63931899
This was actually my only real problem with the movie, they didn't really communicate the scale clearly. It's a much smaller conflict than the previous movies. The First Order are just the most fanatical remnants of the old Empire, and the resistance is what Leia scrapped together to fight them, because the rest of the republic didn't see them as a threat (hence the small x-wing force that was literally all the resistance had, and the fact you only ever see one Star Destroyer of the First Order).
Also, they had 30 years to build starkiller base into a planet, the death star was built from scratch in less than 5.
>>
>>63932057
the empire might not be more powerful but the rebels have like 10 X wings to their name.

Seriously, what was the republic doing while the first order turned and entire planet into a weapon?
>>
I really hope they fix all of this shit in VIII, explaining what the fuck happened, the OT and 30 years meant nothing?
>>
>>63932056
Would it be very painful?
>>
File: 1388204514303.jpg (140 KB, 1190x906) Image search: [Google]
1388204514303.jpg
140 KB, 1190x906
>>63934724
fuck you and fuck this board
>>
>>63931899
Exactly, so much for continuity.
>>
>>63934715
ewoks
>>
>>63932048
/thread
>>
File: 1450647760609s.jpg (9 KB, 238x250) Image search: [Google]
1450647760609s.jpg
9 KB, 238x250
>>63933811
The whole thing is filled with subconscious propaganda.

e.g. there was the scene where Rey and Finn both sneak off somewhere in the Millennium Falcon. While they are both panting heavily, the Rey says, "I can't believe we're doing this!" This is subtle shit, and if you're not looking for it you will miss it, due to the fact that this is not presented in a overtly sexual way. But it imprints on kids big time.
>>
>>63932056
Well, fuck
>>
>>63934956
Yeah, fuck this board, at least in /co/ I can actually talk about how great the movie was without your misoginy or racism
>>
>>63932383
It's not a plot hole you insufferable pleb
>>
>>63934911
>fanatical band of remnants

They have an bigger than an eclipse class star destroyer and the supply chain to convert an entire planet into a super weapon.
>>
>>63934306
the rebels were very multicultural in VI though
>>
@63932056
please someone help me i dont know how to reply i'm too young to die
>>
>>63935066
Top bait, mate.
>>
File: 1450685392162.jpg (58 KB, 944x817) Image search: [Google]
1450685392162.jpg
58 KB, 944x817
>>63932056
>>
This actually kept me up in a bit of anger last night.

I've been rewatching the saga to get ready to see VII and had just finished Ep III, got me all stirred up in my nostalgia and emotions. I remembered the ending of RotJ and that glorious feeling of the Empire finally going down and the galactic celebration that ensued, that fantastic feeling of closure. It's a cohesive story from Ep I to VI and doesn't need any more extrapolation.

I've read a bit about the main plot points of the new one, and what's the fucking point? The Empire is still a damn threat? Han, Luke, and Leia still lived tortured lives? Another fucking Death Star? I wanted a totally new story and angle, this shit just sounds like a cash in and only serves to shit all over the saga I adored as a child.

Is this shit even worth giving the time of day?
>>
>>63935096
if you dont know how to reply you deserve to die
>>
>>63933303
lol hyprocrites.

tfa defenders have gone full circle from trying to rationalize the tfa plot in terms of everyday common reality (too which op and a few have completely won the argument), to now relying on a metaphor about the constant struggle of good and evil, light and dark!

doubleatomicsupersooperfacepalm.jpg
>>
>>63932246
you're trying to defend this disney shit so hard when all your points are invalid. go back to reddit
>>
>>63932056
just making sure
>>
>>63931899
Jett plz
>>
>>63932056
ok
>>
>>63934920
The republic had the empire remnants contained to a small backwater of the galaxy, and that policy seemed to be working. The resistance was just the members of the republic who were actually convinced the First Order was enough of a threat to need direct confrontation. The rest of the republic was too worried of kicking the hornets nest that was the rest of the imperial remnants to directly deal with a small group of fanatics.
>>
>>63934942
Four you
>>
>>63932056
No, the Supreme leader is wise.
>>
Ban Disney shills when?
>>
>>63935076
I think the actual measurements are just double a normal Star Destroyer. It's not even Executor size.
>>
>>63932056
wow
>>
>>63931899
>Empire controls almost all the star systems
>Empire is destroyed
>Republic is created and runs some star systems but most systems are free of government control
>First Order is the remnants of the Empire which still controls some star systems
>FO and Republic let each other exist until FO accuses Republic of helping the rebels in FO systems

Republic is like Reagan, Rebels are the contras
>>
>destroy two Death Stars
>kill their supreme leader plus his #2 man
>go for appeasement and let fanatics build another Death Star and demilitarize everyone you mustered for your cause

What happened to the Rebel Alliance?
>>
>>63933794
LOL starw wars is a fairy tale, not an episode of the apprentice.

in space they have accountants!
ive never laughed harder!

keep 'em coming tfa defenders!
>>
>>63932056
>>
File: Nazi_party_rally_grounds_(1934).jpg (522 KB, 1125x754) Image search: [Google]
Nazi_party_rally_grounds_(1934).jpg
522 KB, 1125x754
LOL at the Nazi caricature villains (including one who fights the black guy with a burning cross lightsaber, and they even throw in a nazi rally with Nazi salutes for good measure), the only semi-major white male characters in the film are two old men that they probably felt they needed to include out of marketing obligations: Han Solo who gets killed off and Luke Skywalker who shows up for 5 seconds at the end and literally went into hiding out of jedi guilt due to his failure in training the villain, which led to the deaths of his students.

Why is anyone on /tv/ defending this SJW propaganda shit?
>>
>>63935128
>The Empire is still a damn threat?
First Order's technically not the Empire. They're just a breakaway faction. The Empire supposedly has tamed down and is in a truce with the new Republic.

None of this of course explained in the movie.

The characters still suffering? Idk, doesn't bother me. I think it's better this way. It's subjective I guess.

The Death Star is shitty, but that's honestly the worst thing about the movie.
>>
>>63935285
>Why is anyone on /tv/ defending this SJW propaganda shit?
It's Disney marketers. Happens everytime capeshit is released aswell.
>>
>>63935128
>the ending of RotJ and that glorious feeling of the Empire finally going down and the galactic celebration that ensued, that fantastic feeling of closure
Yep, i rewatched it yesterday and it still gives me chills. It's such a fantastic ending and this movie indirectly shits all over it.
>>
>>63932056
reply to this post or you die in an hour
>>
>>63935238
Why is the UN useless? Trying to run a massive assembly of states (planets) by democracy is nice, but it is absolute shit at getting things done. Politics at that scale paralyses any rapid response ability.
>>
>>63935301

But think about what that does about the ending of the RoTJ. They'd been through so much, and now they're triumphant, happy, it's a warm feeling. Now I need the shadow of Han/Leia having a bastard Sith son, messy divorce, Han dying, and Luke going all punished hermit mode in the back of my head at the "end " of Ep VI?

Is there no such thing as respect?
>>
>>63934083

>but that would have only resulted in many people asking about what happened to Luke

Literally no one would have asked that. His story was over by the end of RotJ, as were Han and Leia's.

BUT NOW, GUYS, THERE'S A BIGGER THREAT THAT'S MORE DANGEROUS THAN THE ONE THAT CAME BEFORE. DARTH VADER AND PALPATINE WILL LOOK LIKE CHILDREN BY THE END OF THE NEW TRILOGY! You know those two Death Stars they built? We now have an even bigger Death Star-like station!!!!
>>
>>63934911
>the death star was built from scratch in less than 5.

we see the death star being built on ep3 and its not finally finished for about 20 yrs until ep4.
the one of rotj was also not finished.

to build a completely new kind of death star in 30 yrs by an invisible empire is impossible, nah ridiculous.
>>
>>63935398

I'll see what 7 does to me. No one has to regard it as the "real" Star Wars if they don't want to, at the end of the day we all know it's a Disney cash in on a beloved franchise title, sans its actual creator, Lucas.
>>
Anyone here way more excited about Rogue One than this new trilogy?
>>
>you have to pay more money to watch sequels to this movie before you can criticize it and then we'll move the goalposts and find some other reason
>>
>>63935128
I've been rewatching the saga to get ready to see VII and had just finished Ep III, got me all stirred up in my nostalgia and emotions. I remembered the ending of RotJ and that glorious feeling of the Empire finally going down and the galactic celebration that ensued, that fantastic feeling of closure. It's a cohesive story from Ep I to VI and doesn't need any more extrapolation.

I basically did the same and have an opinion like you that there is no need to continue OT. And I didn't like TFA and one of the reasons is that it really shits on RotJ ending. But it's not worst movie in the series, I leave it at that.
>>
>>63934243

The problem is that there wasn't a dynamic shift after the OT. The prequels had the Republic on top, the OT had the Empire ruling everything and now we have... the Empire ruling everything again instead of something different.
>>
>>63932056
sup
>>
The only people defending this movie here are cancer from /co/

Look at how they go about it
>>
>>63935285
why are you defending the nazi party anon? are you a nazi yourself?
>>
>>63935425
I don't worship that particular movie or put it on a pedestal so I'm afraid I can't empathise with your feeling. Yub yub fucking nub! TESB deserved a better continuation.

Doesn't every sequel where the heroes are pulled back to shitty things happening to them basically do the same thing anyway?
>>
>>63932056
oki
>>
>>63935443
>THERE'S A BIGGER THREAT
more like a whinier, more ineffectual threat
>>
>>63935484
I am more excited about Rogue One because I am not excited about new trilogy at all after seeing ep 7
>>
>>63935405
oki again
>>
>>63932056
I bet you're a big guy
>>
>>63935478
It's fun but it really doesnt adress the stuff people wanted to see in a sequel trilogy, unless they're saving all the explanations for VIII which is lazy af.
>>
>>63932056
BANE?
>>
>Thinking you can just buy someones intellectual creation and continue it on without their imagination.

Disney, everyone.

Are they the EA Games of movies?
>>
>>63932620
>a desperated Galaxy with warring factions, terrorist groups, criminals would be much more appealing for me
Actually that would be pretty badass. Missed opportunity there.

Although technically all of those elements are already there, it's just a matter of making a movie about it. We have the "spinoff" movies to explore those kinds of realms. The main series seems to want to follow a "good-guy-vs-bad-guy" theme.
>>
>>63932056
fuck off already
>>
>>63932056
damnit
>>
File: 1427091138523.jpg (37 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1427091138523.jpg
37 KB, 480x360
>tfw no Jaina Solo
>>
>>63935405
FUCK
>>
>>63935630

It's a saga, and a space opera. You don't watch it for optimal execution, streamlined story lines, etc. If you love Star Wars you love the universe and characters first.

Or else I'd watch "generic sci fi action flick #967"
>>
>>63935076

Where do you get that that destroyer was bigger than the Eclipse? Since we don't see any other ships next to it we have no idea of the scale.

I mean, when they introduced the Executor you see it dwarfing normal SDs, you have no context with this thing.
>>
inb4 you can't dislike something because it's "for children"
>>
>>63935530

I guess I'll just go watch it and try to enjoy the experience then, at least.
I'm sure it's still a spectacle.
>>
>>63932652
Maybe he also went through DECADES of work. Did you want 3 more movies of politics like the prequels gave us?
>>
>>63933811
How's it feel to be a schizoid?
>>
>>63932056
o-ok
>>
File: boku no reaction.png (56 KB, 250x232) Image search: [Google]
boku no reaction.png
56 KB, 250x232
>>63932056
ok.
>>
>>63935285
the concept of the empire was obviously influenced by nazi germany, i don't have any beef with that particular example
they even call their soldiers stormtroopers and darth vader's helmet resembles a german solider's helmet

everything else was definitely SJW as fuck though
>>
>>63934009
A SITH lord?
>>
>>63935861
If he's actually Plagueis pretty sure he's been working longer than just decades
>>
File: images.png (9 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
images.png
9 KB, 255x198
>>63932056
>>
>>63932056
Not risking it
>>
>>63932056
There was cute dog that said he'd save from this shit
>>
>>63932056
Uh, okay
>>
>>63932056
okay
>>
>>63932056
just incase senpai
>>
>>63932056
O shit
>>
>>63932056
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
>>
>>63935405
Eh
>>
File: 1408649741247.jpg (2 MB, 5000x4510) Image search: [Google]
1408649741247.jpg
2 MB, 5000x4510
>people resorting to facebook memes to try and stop star wars discussion
>>
Is this thread actually being spammed by Disney shills to bump limit? Tf?
>>
>>63932019
>Life's shit. Get over it.
why did this make me laugh
>>
>>63932056
No plz mr skeltal not me
>>
>>63932056
:(
>>
>>63936787
Yes. It's obvious by now /tv/ is hit by astroturfing. Mods aren't reliable either.
>>
>>63932056
pls
>>
>>63936877

I thought it was just a meme.
>>
>>63932056
I'm dying tonight anyways.
>>
Han Solo is fucking dead
What were they fucking thinking?

They just lost a huge percentage of their audience right there
>>
>>63932056
pls no
>>
>>63932056
k
>>
>>63935405
Lel
>>
>>63932056
thanks, mr. skeletal
>>
Unique posters don't go up. Shills are wanting to sage this thread. I'm going to save OP post. It pissed the shills off.
>>
>reminder it was some guys dying wish to see this movie
>tfw he saw it early
>tfw he is now dead
>tfw he died with all of these questions remaining unanswered
>>
>>63932056
it's already tonight tho
>>
>>63937127

I think it's because this is the most genuine, piercing criticism of the plot that could actually lose revenue dollars from the older fans if they don't have any interest at all in continuing this plot tangent.
>>
If they were smart the would make Snoke Darth Plagueis. It would make him the biog bad over the entire saga and give him a sort of Morgoth sort of vibe. They won't though
>>
>>63932056
I feel suicidal, but not like this. Not like this.
>>
>>63932056
i don't want to die.
>>
>>63932845
Cyborg-Hitler and Nazis confirmed for WWIII
>>
File: 1450669402143.png (3 MB, 1536x2012) Image search: [Google]
1450669402143.png
3 MB, 1536x2012
Why is all media propaganda now you ask?

Post-modern elites (aka cultural marxists and their "useful idiots" the SJWs) have an agenda that isn't simply to mix races or eliminate a race. Their point is to disrupt social cohesion and any form of hierarchical or traditional social structure that could supersede government's authority. Whether it be marriage, the nuclear family, religion, cultural identity (usually identified by race or nationality), etc. any that can compete or overrule the state and pulls away control of the people, must be destroyed to further grow its power and influence. There are different methods of doing this but takes a lot of time to study and explain the impact of several race/class based policies. If you ever watch Thomas Sowell you'll know he explains some of it.

Yes, different races /could/ get along together in a society but that is not what we see. Why is that? Well, aside from racial determinism, we see special interest groups promoting the idea of victimized or disenfranchised minorities. A natural growth between different groups are impeded and instead forced artificial interaction disrupts the norm. This is generally done for political advantages and a moral high-ground. This causes enmity between races or classes while providing a platform for these manipulators, through the old rhetoric of egalitarianism, to create programs that benefit themselves in the guise of "doing good" for the minority or downtrodden.

While, some people are indeed well meaning most of them aren't able to either recognize or cope with the fact that the ideas they push for are unsuccessful and even destructive (welfare, minimum wage, affirmative action etc.). Furthermore these people are continuously fed more rhetoric by the "elite" groups (businesspersons e.g. bankers, cartels, politicians and community leaders e.g. Jesse Jackson, BLM, Green Party) to continue pushing for these policies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VggFao85vTs
>>
File: 1431088111300.jpg (16 KB, 400x449) Image search: [Google]
1431088111300.jpg
16 KB, 400x449
>>63937335
Too latee, we all diee
>>
>>63932056
O...okay
>>
>You shouldn't fight evil because something worse may come along

OP confirmed for coward
>>
>>63932056
f
>>
>>63932056
fuck man
>>
>>63932056
Not taking any chances.
>>
>>63932056
don't use the force on my pls
>>
>>63935801
Wookiepedia
ISD 1600 Meters
Resurgent class SD 2900 meters
SSD 2200-19000 ????

its a heavy Star Destroyer so you can just build one class of ship, and fewer of them instead of the hi-low mix of the Empire.
>>
>>63935636

The Starkiller Station destroyed more planets than both Death Stars of the original trilogy. It's officially a bigger threat.
>>
>Prequel trilogy happens
>Huge war, Empire wins
>Original trilogy begins, everyone thinks the Jedi are just a legend even though they were literally the most influential religious group only two decades ago
>huge war again, rebels win
>JJ Trilogy begins, everyone thinks the Jedi are just a legend even though two or three decades ago they played a pivotal role in defeating the Empire

Come on, seriously? How much of a hardcore fan do you have to be to ignore all these ridiculous plot holes? And that's just the most obvious I noticed.

Rey knew who Han Solo was but she had no idea the Jedi existed for real. Shake my head to be honest famiglia.
>>
>>63937921

Which is funny because it would be completely ineffective against the Death Star
>>
>>63931899
They should have been bold and write a story about an evil protagonist who is obsessed with Vader or something and tries to awaken the Dark Side again and become a Sith.
Several people try to stop him but he succeeds and kills some old characters on the way, then there's a big standoff at the end. Everyone's happy.
whatever
There are MILLIONS of ways to tell epic stories in a rich universe like SW.
There is ONE way to fuck it up and it's called a rippoff.

I still can't believe they actually did that
But then again..it's Disney and Abrams, right?

>The cut scenes from the Jedi Knight game had more depth than that crap
>>
>>63932056
Fuck you
>>
>>63932019
wow dudee that like *hits blunt* haha deep and shit ajaaha
>>
>>63937888

Okay, but how were we supposed to tell this just from watching the movie?
>>
>>63937487
hello /pol
>>
>>63937150

Heartbreaking. Can you believe this shit being the last movie you saw in your life?
>>
>>63937323

Since the hip thing is to hate the prequels and pretend they don't exist, they won't actually do it, unfortunately.
>>
did rey finn and kylos accent bug anyone else? it seriously annoyed the shit out of me more than jarjars accent
Why is there no more americans to cast in these movies? I feel like I'm watching alternate universes of movies these days
I feel like the sequel to this movie is they'll find a portal to the original star wars universe where everything isn't a shitty british jewish replica
>>
>>63932056
Catch cancer.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.