[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Brooklyn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1
File: brooklyn.jpg (377 KB, 1680x945) Image search: [Google]
brooklyn.jpg
377 KB, 1680x945
>Have the day off
>Go to movies to watch Star Wars and join in on the shitposting
>12:30pm, nothing by IMAX 3D available.
>17$. Fuck that
>Brooklyn at 12:40pm showing
>Okay, I'm here and it's a contender for best picture. Great reviews from everyone

It was beautiful, anons. The acting really lifted the simple story up and the cinematography of having close-ups and focus on the characters eyes were effective for helping the viewer care about them.

One gripe is the fucking shaky cam at the end. GET A FUCKING TRI-POD BEFORE YOU RUIN A POIGNANT MOMENT.

Best part is I have an AMC members card, and it struck the 10$ award bonus so all I'll have to pay to watch Star Wars in 2D is 2 bucks. Win win!
>>
three words: hella f*cking epic
>>
>>63931403
Is this a disguised Saoirse thread?

If so, :)))))))))))))
>>
>>63931468
indeed
>>
>>63931541
No, but the camera really loved Saoirse in this movie. Close up galore, you could see the freckles on her face she got from exposure the warm summer sun
>>
It was a really sweet story. 7/10, would definitely watch with my Irish grandma.

OP, do you think she made the right choice?

I don't. They had almost nothing in common. He just liked Irish girls.
>>
>>63931403
>the cinematography of having close-ups and focus on the characters eyes were effective for helping the viewer care about them

Is this part of the director's usual style? Did he focus the emotional content on the eyes because he had one of the best "eye actresses" of this generation as the lead or did he cast her because this is his style?

Either way it's brilliant and she deserves Best Actress, waifu or not.
>>
>>63931608
Here's how I look at it:

I think she did because her mom was probably a few years away from dying and she was really the glue of her staying. I think in NY, she would've gotten the accounting job she wanted and Tony's business probably booms so she would've gotten as much from Tony as Jim.

Also, she may not have had much in common with Tony, but perhaps that's what made it exciting for her and him. She was very smart compared to him, although, I'm not sure what she saw in Tony other than the attention he gave her compared to the guys in Ireland. She seemed very lonely in that dance in the beginning of the movie and Jim only wanted her as a second choice.
>>
>>63931672
Idk. Boy A was the only other movie I saw from this director and that had some very good emotional moments as well.
>>
So is there a real Bartocci or is that a syminine for Macy's or something?
>>
>>63931814
It'a all said when she tells the shopkeeper she had forgotten how that was a town full of snakes
>>
>>63931403
>Star Wars in 2D
>In 2D
Your eyes already see things in 3D

>But, anon! Things don't pop out, though!
Now let's not be retarded...
>>
Eilis was a fucking whore
>>
>>63931403
I never thought I could cry with a movie, but oh shit this was something, it wasn't even shocking or soul ripping, but it hit me harder than anything I have watched on screen.
>>
>>63931403

it was an okay movie, but it felt and was too much like those somewhat dull BBC movies they play on Masterpiece Theatur at 10pm on Saturday evening.
>>
>>63933115
yeah, she slept with everyone but you. Sorry, anon
>>
>>63932915
True, compared to Brooklyn where even the "bitches' helped out with the spaghetti.
>>
Does she show her butt hole or vagina in this flick?
>>
>>63934698
No, this isn't a Jennifer Lawrence flick.
>>
>>63934609
The hyena gals were also fantastic, shit, everyhting about this was fantastic.
>>
>>63934909
Dolores was a QT. Don't know what they thought was so weird about her. I guess it was the hair and cheeks.
>>
>>63934957
She was kinda psycho grill, always saying or behaving on an awkward way.
>>
>>63935124
maybe, she did have some funny subtle expressions
>>
>>63935156
Funny to the observer by the tiny bits, but maybe was a very different thing if you had to get along with her long periods of time dat annoying insistence that she wanted a fellah
>>
>>63934909
>implying Mrs. Kehoe wasn't best girl
>>
>>63935389
>ywn see Mrs Kehoe throwing some solid objects to the giddy girls.
>>
>>63935389
But seriously I want to sex Julie Walters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt83FCSsHqQ
>>
>>63935584
not bad 2bh, still seems agile
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.