[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>America is better at making drama, but Britain is better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: gb-usa-lapel-pin.jpg (49 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
gb-usa-lapel-pin.jpg
49 KB, 500x400
>America is better at making drama, but Britain is better at making comedy

Try and dispute this, /tv/
>>
America is better at everything

/thread
>>
only british thing I laughed at was simon pegg movies

monty python is shit
>>
>>63929050
You ever watched Spaced? Best thing Frost and Pegg ever did, and I love the Cornetto trilogy.

What UK comedy shows have you actually watched though?
>>
>God tier US comedy
Curb Your Enthusiasm

>God tier UK comedy
I'm Alan Partridge
The Office
Peep Show
Father Ted
Spaced
The League of Gentlemen
Nathan Barley
The Fast Show

>God tier US drama
The Sopranos
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Better Call Saul
Game of Thrones
The Americans

>God tier UK drama
404 Error: File Not Found
>>
>>63929198
>curb
>good

"No"
>>
>>63929360
Which American comedy do you like then?

Let me guess, that bastardised version of The Office, where everyone's really happy and zany whilst missing the entire point of the original British version?
>>
>>63929011
American drama is more ambitious but the dialogue's shit and the acting's hammy. British dramas is frustratingly pedestrian but the actors usually save it.
>>
You guys forgot about RUM HAM

We win at everything.
>>
Maybe in the 80s and 90s. British TV comedy is shit now.
>>
>No mention of Benny Hill

Literally shit thread (US here)
>>
>>63929909

Why do Johnny Foreigners always mention Benny Hill, he was a joke here
>>
>>63929977
he was hilarious. why do you shit on him?
>>
>>63930049
My mum loves him, She has an iq of 92
>>
>>63929198
>God tier US comedy
Curb
Seinfeld
Golden Age Simpsons

>God tier UK comedy
Brass Eye
Jam

>God tier US drama
The Sopranos
The Wire
Mad Men
Deadwood
Twin Peaks
Carnivale
Six Feet Under
The Twilight Zone

>God tier UK drama
I, Claudius
The Prisoner
The Singing Detective

FIFY.
>>
Bumping a non fucking Star Wars thread
>>
>>63930890
Reddit: the list.
>>
>>63929011
No, Britian is better at everything.

American TV and movies are either fucking shit, or a rip off of something that we did first (I'm British).

1, Our comedy is much more cerebral and intelligent - you guys like slapstick shite

2, our heroes and villains are much more complex and less clear cut. US heroes are picture-perfect. It's infantile and unbelieveable.

3, US TV and films have pretty much cucked the entire world with their SJeW liberal Jewish Hollywood bullshit. UK stuff hasn't. We have On The Buses. You don't even have buses.

4, We literally invented you as a country anyway so anything decent you do is as an indirect result of us colonizing your continent. So, quadruple fuck you America.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.