[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>literally no one consoles or hugs chewie after han's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 700x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 700x450
>literally no one consoles or hugs chewie after han's death

If Luke doesn't hug chewie within the first five minutes of VIII I'm going to lose my shit.
>>
>>63927108
Do you want to be hugged, OP?
>>
>>63927108
That's what I was expecting when they got back. He's walking right up to Leia and I'm trying to man up so I don't cry like a bitch when Leia collapses in his arms from grief. THEY WALK RIGHT PASSED EACH OTHER.
Then she walks up to hug this girl that knew him for like maybe half a day and I'm just sitting there looking around with a WTF look. Didn't seem to bother anyone else though. So I just assumed I missed something that made this OK and kept my mouth shut.
>>
Now I hope the walking carpet will fuck off back to Kashyyyk
>>
>>63927285
I thought THE EXACT SAME THING. I went "What the fuck why did Chewie just go right past her instead of hugging her and why did Leia go to hug that chick she just met when the love of her life just died"
>>
What bothered me more was that Chewie wasn't even sad when he was alone in the cockpit of the Millennium Falcon for the first time since Han died.
That should've put him on a feelercoaster.
>>
>implying chookies have feelings
>>
>>63927108
Yeah this pissed me off. The cold hearted bitch Leia doesn't even acknowledge his absence she just feels it in the force and just says fuck it.
>>
>>63927628

She originally thought of him as a walking carpet. She probably told him to stay out of the house when she got married to Han.
>>
>>63927285
That's literally the first time she meets Rey
>>
File: sad all in one.jpg (141 KB, 563x364) Image search: [Google]
sad all in one.jpg
141 KB, 563x364
>>63927686
>tfw that's probably true and Chewie was secretly happy when Ren Ren went rogue since he and Han could bro down again and as soon as Leia got involved in Hans life again Chewie lost him proving Chewies point that princesses aint shit
>>
>>63927795
Chewie should have shot Han in the leg before he got to the bridge and carried him back to the falcon
>>
Chewie grieves by killing
>>
>>63927843

Han was hiding in the dark up until he walked to the bridge. Its all the more telling that Ben didn't sense him and that Han could have just walked away to fight another day.
>>
File: angrycarpet.webm (3 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
angrycarpet.webm
3 MB, 720x304
>lose best friend and partner of over 30 years
>no one even comforts you in your time of grief
Why does Jew Jew hate the based walking carpet?
>>
probably happy his life debt is over, just trying not to celebrate
>>
>>63927927
fucking badass chewie
>>
File: mpv-shot0003.jpg (110 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
mpv-shot0003.jpg
110 KB, 720x304
>>63927285
>>63927459
She grimaced while Chewie hugged her.

She obviously still doesn't like him.
>>
>>63927522
Han was like a pet to Chewie. He was sad but already knew they come and go, and there was a replacement one already in Rey.
>>
>>63927787
>implying thats the first time leia meets her niece

ok yea nice try
>>
>>63927927
one would assume Chewie had spent some quality time with baby Kylo. Probably called him "Uncle Chewie" even.
>>
>>63928045
She seemed to like him just fine in Empire
>>
Why did rey know who leia was?
>>
>>63928092
>Implying Rey isn't Dooku's granddaughter

Nice try faggot
>>
>>63928141

She liked everybody who agreed with her in Empire
>>
>>63928183
Dooku was old enough to be Anakin's grandfather
>>
>>63928159
The force nigger
>>
>>63927927
I like how there was such a long pause after Han dies before Chewie just blasts him.
Such an oh dayum moment.
>>
>>63927108
Seriously, Han and Chewy were basically brothers. Would have loved to see someone actually try and console him after his brother death. Also we better have a scene in the next movie with Chewie confronting Kylo, who is basically his nephew.
>>
>>63928159

If Han Solo made it into the history books as a legendary general, Leia should be known throughout the galaxy as one of the leading political figures of the Rebellion
>>
>>63928426
why did she recognize her though? did she Bing her or something?
>>
>>63927927
>my Nigga Chewie still didn't get his medal from A New Hope!

#giveChewiehismedal
>>
>Star Wars would be much better without Chewbacca and his annoying groans
prove me wrong
>>
>>63928045
No that's Carrie Fisher trying to smile
>>
>Implying Han is dead
>>
>>63927927
Chewie could've killed that little shit there and then if he wanted to, but he knew Han wouldn't have wanted it so he just shot him in the torso once and started fucking up troopers.
>>
>>63927927
OK, OK, I've seen the freeze frame, so I know not really, but at speed it does look like Chewie shot him in the dick.
>>
>>63927927
Surprised Chewie didn't pop off a few more shots out of pissed Wookiee rage.

>>63927285
Goddamn, this should have happened.
>>
>>63928546
He got stabbed
Fell several hundred feet
The planet then blew up
Pretty sure he's dead.
>>
>>63927927
He's a lizardman
He can't comprehend emotions, he can merely reproduce successful concepts in his own movies
>>
>>63927285
I'm willing to bet Chewie was only put in later and they had no idea he's even gonna be there at all during filming of the scene.
It reminded me of that scene in Attack when Lee gets attacked by a Jedi and reacts in the weirdest way because he's just looking at a green screen.
>>
>>63928515
>Mean Girls would be so much better without Lindsay Lohan and her annoying tits.
prove me wrong.
>>
>>63928578
He killed like 10 Storm troopers in a few seconds, then went all "jihad" and blew up God knows how many others.
>>
>>63928515
Pretty simple
It's objectively false
Faggot
>>
>>63928638
Ah, I meant on Ren. He met the allotted number of motherfuckers dropping when it came to Stormtroopers though.
>>
>>63928687
he was actually taking a pretty big risk to shoot at him in the first place since he experienced first hand a couple times that not only are jedi prescient of when lasers are about to hit them but also can straight up just fucking deflect, absorb, or stop them
>>
>>63928555
That's what I was thinking too. Goes to show how much Chewie respects and cares for Han.
>>
>>63927927
>CHEWIE'S FUCKING PISSED.webm
>>
>>63927459
don't want too many sad feelings, might hurt the sequel's box office
>>
>>63927285
Thought the same thing
>>
>>63927108
Wookies are warriors. They may hug you in celebration or joy but their grief they endure alone. Dying by the sword must be what he himself dreams of, so he can enter space furry Valhalla.
>>
wookiees are an honor bound, long living society that is a patriarchal warrior-centric hiearchy with shit like life debts and battle gods

chewie was probably pretty accepting of the fact that han was going to die sooner or later, as he was going to far outlive him naturally

wookiees are also just use to their brothers dying in battle because that's what they do, not to mention chewie had a life debt to han and had definitely payed it in full at that point
>>
but anon Chewie is just a filthy animal that cant speak basic.
>>
>>63929518
>swear life debts to species with much shorter lifespans

Wookiees confirmed for bullshitters.
>>
thread theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_xJqkzngBI
>>
>>63927108
It's nice that you think the movie is gonna start the second the last one ended.
We won't even see Luke's reaction to Han's death. Which would something along the lines

>I guess I shouldn't have fucked off to planet Ireland after fucking up so badly and letting my friends deal with my mistakes. But, I really wanted to check out these Jedi temples. Live and learn, kids. Live. And. Learn.
>>
>>63929615
well a veteran wookiee warrior enslaved under pre-deathstar-attack empire control would probably be able to break out in less or equal time to the time he was with han
>>
>getting upset by bad film making

ok
>>
>>63928626
That kinda makes sense. Peter Mayhew physically can't stand that long so to have the suit on probably makes it worse
>>
>>63930037
He had a stunt double that probably did all the scenes that involve walking. Mayhew was for closeups. It's one of those things that they probably could've recasted, but people would grumble. They also don't need Anthony Daniels inside R2, besides sentimental reasons.
>>
>>63927927
Should have let the wookie win
>>
>>63928515
Bait taken.

Fuck u and all ur family nigga.
>>
>>63930221
>Anthony Daniels
>R2

Daniels is C3PO. Kenny Baker was R2. Even then R2 for VII was probably all electronics now and Baker was brought on for consulting.
>>
>>63930445
Yeah, I fucked up.
>>
File: 1450640963500.jpg (32 KB, 650x488) Image search: [Google]
1450640963500.jpg
32 KB, 650x488
>>63928546
>Han gets cloned
>the clone is called Haan
>another clone is then called Haaan
>>
>>63930681
Facsimile
>>
>>63927927
Literally the best bit in the movie. I felt more emotional at chewie's rage and following sadness than han's actual death.
>>
Does Rey understand Chewie? How is he going to converse with people now I thought Han was the only character previously who could understand him
>>
>>63932275
>Does Rey understand Chewie?

yeah
>>
>>63932275
>>63932318

>she's also an expert linguist

Of course she is.
>>
>>63932364
MARY SUE
A
R
Y

S
U
E
>>
>>63930681
https://youtu.be/4zPqujqWgjE
>>
>>63932216
Yeah, I felt more emotions from Chewies reaction than Han dying. Was also expecting Chewie to go into a full wookie rage moment and try to bullrush Kylo to amputate his arms but die in the attempt.
>>
>>63932569
Yeah i was expecting way more Wookie Rage too. maybe not directed to Kylo but he should have gone and killed a stromtrooper with his bare hands or something like rip his arms off or something
>>
>>63932569
Something like that should've happened. Chewie without Han is kind useless. The interaction made that character. It won't be the same cause Rey is no Han Solo.
>>
>>63932825
>It won't be the same cause Rey is no Han Solo.

Course she's not. She's everything Han Solo is and more because she's the Mary-est of Sues to have ever existed.
>>
>>63932979
kek
>>
>>63927108
Chewies free, No more life debt!
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.