[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just watched TFA right after watchinga ll the prequels and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7
File: 1449767903053.jpg (36 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1449767903053.jpg
36 KB, 600x600
I just watched TFA right after watchinga ll the prequels and a new hope but not getting a chance to watch ESB or ROtJ before, and...

I think all of them are better than TFA, including the prequels.

Someone convince me I'm wrong because I want to like but I keep thinking it was shit.
>>
patrician=prequels
plebeian=TFA
contrarian=original

prove me wrong
>>
>>63924255
That's how /tv/ says it, but the real official is:

patrician=original
contrarian=prequels
plebian=TFA
>>
>>63924143
The prequels were more pleasing to watch because of George's camera work but the stories made no fucking sense especially Ep. II
>>
>>63924143
same here SW have always be campish and childish but unlike TFA it werent boring
>>
Daily reminder that if you think any of the prequels are better than TFA you have severe autistic face blindness which limits your capacity to associate facial expressions with emotions that makes you oblivious to the fact that the prequels had terrible, unwatchable acting. You also suffer from social ineptness leading to not understanding how fucking absurd the dialog's in the prequels were. You might also be a fucking retard to think any special effects in that trilogy was good.
>>
there's no patrician choice when it comes to star wars
>>
>>63924426
go to bed jj
>>
>>63924426
Episode III was better than TFA. Fight me.
>>
>>63924143
TFA was shit. On so many levels. The prequels were bad for different reasons.

Lot of people are saying TFA is more than mediocre just because they despise the prequels. Instead of realising that they can both be shit at the same time but for different reasons.
>>
File: 1449993669708.jpg (319 KB, 1005x1292) Image search: [Google]
1449993669708.jpg
319 KB, 1005x1292
>>63924388

OP here

THIS SO FUCKING MUCH

JJ fucking masturbating over moving the camera with every fucking shot drove me insane. I think I could count the number of set shots on a hand, also the extreme close upness of everything.

Also the colors were oversaturated as fuck, it looked like The Witcher 2. All of the previous star wars movies struck me as having a slightly dried out look.
>>
>>63924426
You forgot to say things like "racists, mysoginists and contrarians"

Step up your game silly goose
>>
>>63924426
You describe TFA now what about the prequels?
>>
>>63924470
>"Only the sith deal in absolutes!"
>"No, you're beautiful, because I'm in love with you"
>Grevious fight
>CGI Yoda FIGHTING WITH A LIGHTSABER (same applies to ep2, but that's a shit movie on a whole other level)
>That entire Mustafa CGI shitfest fight that looks terrible today
>Fucked up the lore by making Padme die right after birth, even though Leia remembers character traits from her mother presumably back when she was AT LEAST a year old
>"Bwaaaah I'm going to become a sith because the Jedi council won't accept me to become a Master Jedi, I'm going to kill a lot of jedis and younglings too because I'm so fucking mad my wife might die because some old dude who molested me when I was 10 said so"
>>
>>63924143
The only real criticisms I can think of for this movie is that there are characters and plot elements created only because the plot required them due to lazy writing. But it's executed far better than the prequels. The acting and visual effects particularly. The dialogue isn't nonsensical and the charming humor of the original films also return, instead of slapstick Jar Jar and R2D2.
>>
>>63924669
Did you watch the movie for the first time in 2005?

It was miles better than watching TFA for the firat time in 2015, believe me.
>>
>>63924669
so Mary Sue Rey can do all the shit she wants but Leia with the force also can't remember her mother when shes looking right at her. And even then The force lets you see the past present and future. You fucking haters are the worst pieces of shit on the face of the earth.
>>
>>63924998

This, lots of people have only seen the prequels years later on their shitty laptop or battlestation from a YIFY rip. They had their issues but when they were released watching them in the theater was much more exciting than TFA.
>>
>>63924802
>you share a board with these kinds of retards
>>
>>63924555
Let's be honest here. You could count the number of set shots on your dick.
Hell, a woman could count the number of set shots on her dick.
>>
>>63924143

and it was LAZY

OH HEY CHECK IT OUT LUKE WENT TO IRELAND TO FIND HIMSELF

jesus fucking christ at least make it interesting send him to the fucking bubble planet or some crap
>>
>>63924502
While people like you aren't realizing there are different degrees of shit and the prequels were bad on almost all accounts. Literally the only argument brought up for their supposed quality over TFA has been their authenticity.
>>
Even the soundtrack in TFA was shit. Did John Williams go senile?
>>
>>63924998
>>63925285

No. You guys are absolutely full of shit and without a doubt suffering from nostalgia. Most full grown adults absolutely fucking hated the prequels after AotC. I remember trying to convince tons of people that RoTS was at least kind of Star Warsish.
>>
>>63927693
>Bubble Planet?
You mean Manaan (or however you spell it)? The All-Ocean planet?
Or do you mean the Bubble Comedy Jam Show from RotJ?
>>
The Prequels: Shit but entertaining
TFA: Meh on all accounts.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5ZY8Fz9GGU

What part in TFA gave you the same chill as when this played in the prequels?
>>
>>63924555
the incessant spinning and shaking of the camera during every action scene (which was like 85% of the movie) drove me crazy
>>
>>63927994
Soundtrack in TFA was shit
>>
Finally! I can finally share my true original patrician opinion of the prequels!

It's been 16 years since I sat down for my first screening of The Phantom Menace. The visuals and score were captivating -- the story telling and dialogue were top notch as well. Let's not forget the acting. It was out of this world! I could tell the entire prequel trilogy would be of the highest quality, and it was as it turns out.

I thought to myself then the same as I think now: thank the heavens for George Lucas. He truly is the patron saint of auteurs.

Alas, much like the underbelly of the Galactic Senate, there was a dark side to The Phantom Menace's success. The movie was TOO good.

I instantly regretted my having seen it as I was 100% convinced that the prequel trilogy would eventually be followed by vastly inferior installments that would force me to resent Star Wars. I absolutely knew beyond a doubt that they would contain race mixing via a cuckoldry story line. And even though I knew this, I was absolutely convinced that I wasn't sure of my knowing this, therefor I was 100% right even if my suspicions did not come to fruition.

Even and especially IF this were not the case, I was also absolutely certain beyond a doubt that the succeeding installments in question would be mediocre. This would make it vastly inferior to the perfection that was the prequel trilogy as they were all terrible, but memorable films.

Furthermore, any attempts and successes at quality film making present in these future installments would most certainly be negated by the fact that elements of the movies would be analogous to elements of previous Star Wars films, therefor lowering the entire film below the quality of anime.

I knew in my heart all those years ago -- 16 years ago -- that George Lucas selling the franchise to Disney was the worst possible thing that could happen to Star Wars. I knew it, and yet, I never voiced my opinions -- passively siding with the enemy. Sorry /tv/.
>>
>>63927950

I dont mean any planet from before, I just was implying some new made up fantastical planet, at least it would have been something new.
>>
>>63927994
Or what about this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRgXGigPKuc

The track is rightfully called Battle of Heroes. It brings about that sense of awe that can only be achieved when two heroes are stuck in deadly battle. Even if the prequels were bad, atleast they got some of it right. Where was this in TFA? It was completely dead. It wanted to be light and easily digestable for the modern capeshit audience that can't separate a smartphone and a movie screen.
>>
>>63928124

To add to this, desu the last scene felt more like something from a Highlander reboot than Star Wars.
>>
>>63928124
Ah okay.

>>63928193
>tfw next movie picks up where this ended.
>Luke takes the lightsaber
>Looks at it
>Smiles at Rey
>And then he turns it on and cuts her down, screaming "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE"
>he then proceeds to absorbe her energy, and return to his prime, Return of the Jedi form, and go off, to take on the First Order
>>
File: knight-moves-5-1.jpg (14 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
knight-moves-5-1.jpg
14 KB, 460x345
>>63928270

>implying Christohper Lambert doesnt show up and do all this while a translucent Sean Connery smiles in the sky and says "good shob mccloud"

desu cuck senpai kek
>>
File: Checkaroo.jpg (237 KB, 1100x1380) Image search: [Google]
Checkaroo.jpg
237 KB, 1100x1380
>>63928399
God damn it. Dubs confirm
>>
File: cZdVl.jpg (6 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
cZdVl.jpg
6 KB, 250x250
>>63928399

Oh baby...
>>
>>63924555
>Also the colors were oversaturated as fuck, it looked like The Witcher 2
this

Witcher 2 color palette actually looked artistic, made it feel like the story took place far away from the typical slav areas. But in TFA it is so out of place and looks really bad
>>
File: 1409502101096.png (57 KB, 300x177) Image search: [Google]
1409502101096.png
57 KB, 300x177
>>63928888
quads confirm
>>
>>63924143
>I think all of them are better than TFA, including the prequels.
That's some major case of fucking awful taste, anon
>>
File: headshot-2004-06-jpg.jpg (39 KB, 522x750) Image search: [Google]
headshot-2004-06-jpg.jpg
39 KB, 522x750
>>63929101

OK JJ.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.