[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Electric Boogaloo: The Wild, Untold Story of Cannon Films!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (335 KB, 692x451) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
335 KB, 692x451
Well, this was fascinating as all hell.
>>
>>63922807
Bump
>>
>>63922807
i liked it a lot. i actually thought it was a good idea not to include Golan or Globus in it.
>>
File: Not-quite-hollywood_CAROUSEL.jpg (73 KB, 680x320) Image search: [Google]
Not-quite-hollywood_CAROUSEL.jpg
73 KB, 680x320
In a similar vein
>>
>>63924716
Didn't you see the message at the end? They were asked to be in it but they declined and made their own documentary about themselves and released it first.
>>
>>63924716
Well, they said they made their own version.

It's inspiring to me as a filmmaker, in the same way Disaster Artist was.

"If these swindling assholes can make it, so can I!" sort of thing.
>>
>>63924769
I think that was a joke
>>
>>63924819
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt3571904/

IMDb says you're wrong.
>>
>>63924819
No.
>>
>>63922807
I'm not from /pol/ at all, but is there anything more anoyying than an Israeli businessman? The few I've met were pushy and obnoxious, just like Globus and Golan. Also, with their limited budgets, why didn't they try to make dramas instead of action and sci-fi? They were obviously willing to spend money on actors.
>>
>>63924866
>>63924896
absolute madmen

>>63924930
>why didn't they try to make dramas instead of action and sci-fi?
not their style, and we thank them for it for all the great horrible schlock garbage they put out
>>
>>63925042
What would you thank them for. I'm in my 30's and I remember most of those turds. Are you one of those "Troll 2 is awesome lol XD" people? Never mind, I already know you are.
>>
>>63925218
>not liking delta force
>>
>>63925218
What are you doing in this thread?
>>
>>63925218
>not appreciating terrible cinema with good intentions
Fuck off with your nignorance
>>
>>63925335
>liking movies ironically
You realize nobody is following you around recording you right? They won't add a laugh track later, sorry.
>>
>>63925400
Discussing a documentary that I liked. I didn't know this was a Canon appreciation thread.
>>
>>63925403
>good intentions
Yes I loved the message behind Masters Of The Universe
>>
>>63925456
Sometimes, a movie's funny because you appreciate the effort behind it, and how that turned into something absolutely terrible.
>>
>>63925564
the intention was to entertain

>>63925456
>ironically
>
>>
>>63925218
>What would you thank them for.
Death Wish 2 and the silly-yet-entertaining Death Wish 3.

>>63925641
>the intention was to entertain
Exactly. Nothing wrong with giving the audiences what they want even if the results are hit and miss.
>>
>>63925597
If they had directed their efforts in another direction, such as mid budget drama with quality actors and directors, they could have succeeded. We might be discussing them in the same manner as the Weinsteins.
>>
>>63925745
>nothing wrong with giving audiences what they want
But that's not what they did. They took existing properties like Superman or He Man and gave us cheap approximations of Hollywood blockbusters, or else they took established actors and ran them through the motions of their greatest hits.
>>
>>63925756
Like someone said up there, though, not their style.

Even if they did jump into actual decent drama films, it still had the Cannon stigma attached to it. They're known for goofy action shit.
>>
>>63922807

Not really.

Anyone who isn't a supreme casual already knew all this stuff. They didn't even really cover their connection to the mafia.

Really was excited for it, hoping they would go in depth to the parts of Cannon that aren't public knowledge. But they didn't.
>>
>>63926061
Mafia connection?
>>
>>63926061
>connection to the mafia.
Did Golan-Globus's own film go into this?
>>
>>63925908

You don't know what you're talking about.

They produced extremely popular B pictures that did fantastic on home video and internationally.

They also produced many art house films that were loved by critics. For all the turds, they had quite a lot of popular films. One of the things the documentary glosses over.

>If they had directed their efforts in another direction, such as mid budget drama with quality actors and directors, they could have succeeded.

Doubtful. They'd just be Orion 2.0
>>
>>63925456

It's kind of like laughing at someone else falling over but it's extra funny because then some fucking moron comes up and gives the guy money for falling flat on his face.
>>
>>63926106

Well, they briefly bring up Millenium/Nu Image at the end when talking about their influences.

They didn't cover Giancarlo Parretti really.

>>63926151

Curios to see.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WgV5A0lDKA
>>
Lifeforce was fucking mint. tits that launched a thousand fans.
>>
>>63928205
*faps

My nuts were like dried prunes when I discovered this flick when I was 14
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.