[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rey is a Kenobi. Maybe not directly descended but maybe he's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: rey obi wan.jpg (71 KB, 824x380) Image search: [Google]
rey obi wan.jpg
71 KB, 824x380
Rey is a Kenobi. Maybe not directly descended but maybe he's her uncle.
>Rey has an English accent and is a Desert Hermit.
>Looks more like Obi than Skywalkers
>Kind and generous personality like Obi Wan, not emotionally volatile like the Skywalkers
>Younglings could easily use the Force. Skywalkers had trouble using it because they were emotionally fucked up. Obi Wan was always Zen, which is what Yoda teaches Luke to be like... Rey is already like this by living without attachments.
>Rey/Kylo would parallel Obi Wan/Anakin in reverse.
>Luke training his old Master's niece would be a better story then Daddy/Daughter or some random girl.
>During Rey's vision, they brought in Ewan McGregor just to do a voice over and call out her name.
>She had the vision from touching the lightsaber, Aniken and Luke only had if for a few years.. Obi Wan had it for 30
>>
That sounds pretty good actually. I hope you're right.
>>
>accents are genetic.
>>
Good work anon.
>>
Would prefer this desu. Also dat beard.
>>
>>63922420
this isn't the lore you're looking for
>>
I thought she looked a lot like Luke. You make some good points though.
>>
but that would mean that all the way through OT Obi Wan had a family and his daughter gave birth real late in life.
>>
I would accept this, but how would she be related to him in a way that would carry any emotional impact? We know of no extended family or procreation with Obi Wan at any point. I doubt they'd just toss in "oh btw, Obi had a sis"
>>
File: ctT1hNQ.jpg (43 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
ctT1hNQ.jpg
43 KB, 960x720
>>63922420
Well, if this is true they could explain Rey's origins and what Obi was doing between III and IV

Obviously Rey wouldn't be born around this time as she's clearly born around or after the time of VI, but it could help.
>>
File: heh.jpg (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
heh.jpg
52 KB, 400x400
>>63922420
Dude. Fuck. I hope you're right, cuz that would actually be really cool.
>>
>>63922683
She's the product of a one night stand obi wan had with some whore. Better?
>>
>>63922420
>Looks more like Obi than Skywalkers
you know they are actors right?
fuck
>>
>>63922519
Accents are usually for upper class people in SW. She was still with her old family up until she was 5.
>>
>>63922772
>Kenobi is dead for 35-40 years
>has an 18 year old daughter
>>
>>63922772
Then wouldn't she be Luke and Leia's age or slightly younger or slightly older?

Only way she could be Obi's child is if Old Ben impregnated a bitch just before going on an adventure with Luke
>>
THE DAUGHTER OF DUTCHESS SATINE

IM ON BOARD WITH THIS
>>
>>63922683
Having a Skywalker train a Kenobi would be cool.
Maybe her old family was on one of those planets that got destroyed so she's the last one.. which would sorta mirror the OT.
>>
>>63922802
This Senpai
>>
>>63922718
Forgot they want to do an Obi movie.
>>
it would also mean that obi wan kenobi is a complete neglectful father that abandoned his family and also decided to have a family when he is at risk of being found and killed by the empire and went against his jedi teachings.
>>
>>63922420
rey and the movie didn't archived the high ground

It is what it is.
>>
>>63922718
how do they do fett solo. I dont want someone else doing han solo let him rest in peace.
>>
>>63922802

He became more powerful then you could possibly imagine.
>>
>>63922893
well if he didnt want to get caught then thats a good reason to neglect your family
>>
>>63922420
Hello new head canon
>>
>>63922943
wow amazing
>>
>>63922943
>ghostfucking across the galaxy
>>
>>63922802
this fucking retards
>>
>>63922420
>Rey/Kylo would parallel Obi Wan/Anakin in reverse

And you're saying you actually want this?
>>
Star Wars isn't really the kind of series to have massive trope breaking twists.

It's a rhyme. Everything is meant to parallel something that has already happened. Lucas was a master at this but JJ had a skill for it too.

The story is about the Skywalkers. Anakin is the father, Luke is the son, Rey is the granddaughter. She will be Luke's child, there's no point trying to guess anything else
>>
>>63922801

She doesn't have an upper class accent. She has an ugly middle class one.
>>
>>63922802

What are Grand daughters?
>>
>>63922801
Actually, her accent is Imperial.
>>
>>63923004
Rey: If Luke stayed on Tatooine after his aunt and uncle died
Finn: If Luke went and joined the Imperial Academy
Poe: If Luke gave up on his Jedi training and just focused on the war
>>
>>63922969
All of these theories are complete speculation, she could be anyones kid.

All we know about her parents is they were on the run, they were good parents because she wants them to come back.

It doesn't really touch on whether she remembers them or not, either.

signs point to luke
>>
File: STARWARS.png (695 KB, 636x700) Image search: [Google]
STARWARS.png
695 KB, 636x700
You just realized this? They explained it in the teaser
>who are you?
>I'm Noh-Wan
>>
File: ShmiHS-SWE.jpg (25 KB, 360x480) Image search: [Google]
ShmiHS-SWE.jpg
25 KB, 360x480
>>63922420
>Rey is literally female space jesus concieved via the force via ghost rape
POETRY
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
>The character that is exactly like Obi Wan may be related to him.

In this franchise!? Never.
>>
>>63923164
>Shmi was left alone on a desert planet with a merchant alien
>Rey was left alone on a desert planet with a merchant alien
>>
>>63922802
doesnt have to be his daughter. cousin, niece, whatever
>>
>>63923009
I know but it's still British. Normies in the SWU all have American accents.
>>
She could be a palpatine.
>>
>Kenobi spin off happening after next episode
could work

>>63923288
>Episode IX ends with Mary Sue as queen of the galaxy
>>
>>63922420
Despite all the hate being flung her way, you can't deny that the 10/10 best scene in the movie was Rey winning the Force tug-of-war for the lightsaber with Ren while a single string played the classic Star Wars theme in the background
>>
>Luke, did I ever tell you about the time I ectoplasmed all over this ho and she actually had a force baby. Did I ever tell you about how Sheev did the same to your grandmother except he was just astral projecting and still alive at the time. Your grandmother was a good friend. Sheev was a bad friend. We left your grandmother behind to get raped by sandpeople, I wasn't always a good friend.
>holy shit Ben you've been dead for over thirty years do you ever stop talking
>>
>>63922801
the accent, I believe, are for people of the Inner Rim. Jakku, despite being a junk desert planet, is in the Inner Rim if I remember correctly. Other english speaking characters in the movie also had the accent like the 'quarter portion' guy.
>>
>>63922420
She'd have to be over 30 years old. Obi Wan died in A New Hope anon.
>>
>>63923090
Dang. That's a interesting way to look at it.
>>
I wouldn't mind it. It would be cool if she got a blue double bladed lightsaber like Maul's.
>>
>>63924011
Kenobi is her Grandfather then
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.