[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone should teach JJ how strong fenale characters are properly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: Eowyn_with_sword.jpg (50 KB, 550x667) Image search: [Google]
Eowyn_with_sword.jpg
50 KB, 550x667
Someone should teach JJ how strong fenale characters are properly made.
>>
You don't get it
ANH Vader=Ray: seemingly invulnerable, supernaturally capable force of nature

ANH Luke=Kylo Ren: young, untested, unconfident, with great potential

Kylo is the actual protagonist with room for growth, eventually he'll surpass Rey as the conclusion of his arc
>>
>tries to prove point about strong female characters using eowyn a book character to director of star wars
>now hack shitty director peter jackson inserts rubbish original woman elf into hobbit which was pleb icing on pleb cake

if you want strong characters watch a tv series or read a book, don't go looking for them in dumb action fantasy laser cum circle movies
>>
>>63923188
It was pretty pathetic too

>J.R.R. Tolkein never wrote about a butt-kicking lady elf in his epic 1937 fantasy novel. He sure as heck didn't write about elves — and dwarves for that matter — in love.

>But that didn't stop Peter Jackson from making up brand new "Hobbit" character Tauriel, played by Evangeline Lilly, out of whole cloth.

>Clearly, Lilly knew this when she signed on. She was cool with it — but she had just one condition, she revealed to Yahoo Movies during a recent interview.

>"You have to promise me I will not be in a love triangle," Lilly recalled telling the filmmakers of "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug." You can't blame her. After all, Lilly was embroiled in one of the most epic love triangles ever portrayed on television. On ABC's "Lost," Kate (Lilly) bounced back and forth between Jack (Matthew Fox) and Sawyer (Josh Holloway) more times than we can count. Along the way, she incurred the wrath of fans who felt she was with the wrong guy.

>"Hobbit" filmmakers gave their word to Lilly: She wouldn't have to repeat such love-story vertigo on the big screen.

>But after shooting was done in 2011 for "The Desolation of Smaug," that promise was broken. "We came back for reshoots in 2012 … and they were like, 'Uh, the studio would really like to see…' And I was like, 'Here we go. Here we go' [shakes her bowed head]. And sure enough I'm in another love triangle."
>>
>>63921973
Eowyn was the most cringe-worthy character in all of lotr, not to mention the actress playing her couldn't act for shit. She almost ruined return of the king for me
>>
>>63923110
This desu
>>
>>63923302
Shitlord:the post
>>
File: 1352272152566.jpg (41 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
1352272152566.jpg
41 KB, 512x288
>>63921973
you mean like kate?
>>
File: garner23f-2-web.jpg (163 KB, 970x1371) Image search: [Google]
garner23f-2-web.jpg
163 KB, 970x1371
>>63923497
or like sydney bristow?
>>
>>63923110
I hope for this but it'll probably be mary sue bullshit all the way
>>
>>63923450
sperg: the post
>>
>>63923560
HHHNNNGG
>>
>>63923256
>He sure as heck didn't write about elves — and dwarves for that matter — in love.
As valid a point as this is for the movies, this is pretty untrue. A solid 2/3 of the stuff Tolkien wrote was all about elves in love. And elves fighting. And elves making lamps or whatever.
>>
File: felicity_paper17_keri_russell.jpg (49 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
felicity_paper17_keri_russell.jpg
49 KB, 800x600
>>63923560
ayyy or felicity
>>
>>63921973
>strong fenale characters
>posts Eowyn from LOTR movies

Please try harder. Movie Eowyn was crap.
>>
>>63923711
>in his epic 1937 fantasy novel

was the relevant part. No one gives a fuck about the Silmarillion.
>>
>>63921973
Yeah, the one from the books. The one that chooses to stay in Minas Thirit healing people because that makes far more sense than riding into battle with no combat experience and a fucking hobbit, and because in that way she can be far more useful and really help his king, his family and his people.
>>
>>63924091
Plus the bit where her right arm was severely injured from killing the Witch-King. If it wasn't for that, Eowyn would be at the Black Gate as well.
>>
>>63923580
Back to /pol/, shitlord
>>
>>63921973
Hottest LOR-fu t.b.h.
That white dress. Oh man.
>>
>>63923110
That's some pottery I would actually appreciate, but I doubt they'd go through with it due to the feminist backlash that would happen
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.