[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many Sci-Fi TV shows so mediocre? Like, you get hooked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 1445610892302.jpg (70 KB, 587x545) Image search: [Google]
1445610892302.jpg
70 KB, 587x545
Why are so many Sci-Fi TV shows so mediocre? Like, you get hooked on because of the general idea, the concept, or the source material, but the series end up being meh 3/5? Almost Human, Dark Matter, The Expanse, The 100 all suffer from this.
>>
They run out of ideas, and resort to fantasy story arcs
>>
>>63921405
Any good sci fi show that isn't star trek or battlestar?
>>
>>63921522
Firefly is short, but really good.
>>
>>63921592
Thanks.
>>
>>63921405
watch stargate m8
>>
>>63921522
Any Stargate. Farscape is fun as well
>>
>>63921405
Childhood's End was OK
>>
>>63922033
>>63923476
Thank you mates.
>>
>>63923476
Childhood's End looks like "V" :(
>>
File: not_even_olsen_survived.jpg (1 MB, 2349x3372) Image search: [Google]
not_even_olsen_survived.jpg
1 MB, 2349x3372
>>63921405
>lack of budget
>b movie actors

Battlestar Galactica managed to circumvent these issues by confining much of the drama to the ship, and by somehow casting big names like Edward James Olmos.
>>
The Expanse hasn't gotten far enough to become shitty.
>>
>Dark Matter

Yeah, I was disappointed in this by the end. The mystery turned out to be a whole lot of nothing. And the crew dynamics were kind of all over the place.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.