[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do people not understand this was drawing a direct parallel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: Sheevmace.jpg (102 KB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Sheevmace.jpg
102 KB, 1920x816
Why do people not understand this was drawing a direct parallel with ROTJ? Ive seen a lot of people think sheev was less powerful than mace because of this. But the purpose is to show that Palpatine consistently gambles in order to get apprentices, it gives Lukes denial more weoght because it shows that he was able to resist what even his (arguably) more powerful father couldn't
>>
This was the one scene I didnt really understand

Why didnt Vader kill Palpatine? His anger (mixed with fear, sadness) was at its peak, he already destroyed most of the facility, and his anger was clearly aimed at Palpatine (She was alive I felt it)
>>
File: Vader-Screams-No.png (212 KB, 585x322) Image search: [Google]
Vader-Screams-No.png
212 KB, 585x322
>>63920603
>>
>>63920603
What would he do after that
He had nothing left in the universe except the one person who ever showed him genuine interest and guidance other than Obi-Wan, who tried to kill him
>>
>>63920814
Because he seems to realize that sheev betrayed him
>>
>>63920603
>>63921052
>I'm afraid in your anger you killed her

Well he wasn't lying. Anakin, in his anger, was indeed responsible for Padme's death, regardless of how long it took her to actually die after he choked her.

Vader's a broken fucking man. He blames himself for Padme's death in that moment and that's the last time he acts like the emotionally stunted Anakin Skywalker. Sheev saved him so he resigns himself to serving him. It's still in his nature to want to cheat death and to desire more power so I think this is pretty fitting.
>>
>>63921509
It wasn't the choking that caused her to die though, it was the emotional impact it had on Padme.
>>
>>63921817
>regardless of how long it took her to actually die after he choked her

That's still a direct result of Anakin's aggressive action.
>>
>>63921872
True, but the point is Padme should be alive, and he seems to realize that it's Sheev's fault she isn't.
>>
>>63922086
>and he seems to realize that it's Sheev's fault she isn't

What makes you think that? And it isn't Sheev's fault. Not directly anyway. To Anakin's twisted mind at least Sheev came and bailed him out after he fucked up.
>>
>>63922230
The way Vader reacts (to me at least) seemed largely fueled by anger at Sheev for not saving her
>>
>>63922295
I think it's more anger at himself. He doesn't try to assault Sheev. He just smashes some droids and then wails in despair. It's the last time anything Anakin comes out because his love for Padme was the last ounce of goodness left in him. When we see Vader at the end he walks up and takes his position by Sheev. He has finally accepted his place, something he hard a time doing as a Jedi. It's not until ESB after he becomes aware of Luke that he starts to stray from his master's side.
>>
the samefag is strong in this thread
>>
File: 1372834913663.jpg (24 KB, 367x260) Image search: [Google]
1372834913663.jpg
24 KB, 367x260
>>63922763
>two people carrying on a conversation
>samefagging
>>
File: 1446766622562.jpg (131 KB, 485x458) Image search: [Google]
1446766622562.jpg
131 KB, 485x458
>>63920478
Do people 10 years later still not realize that Sheev lost to Mace Windu on purpose in order to get Anakin to turn? Sheev was always in control of that situation and could have smoked Mace at any given moment.
>>
>rationalizing a shitty script

costanza.png
>>
>purpledrank saber

only years later did I finally understand
>>
>>63922951
This has always been my take on this. Problem is Mace's (the actor) ego didn't want his character to go easily so Lucas made it ambiguous.

Same for Palpatine vs Yoda. Palpatine should've clearly won yet Lucas had to make it ambiguous again with his "MUH I TRIPPED, MUH DRAGON BALL Z". This is why I both loved and hated this episode. Too much fan pandering, too much sugarcoating.

Shit could've been miles better by clearly showing Palpatine's power.
>>
>>63921817
>It wasn't the choking that caused her to die though, it was the emotional impact it had on Padme.

Uh. People tend to not die just from emotional impacts, unless those impacts lead to heart strokes or other visible health failures. Most likely there was a lasting spiritual damage from the force choke, a suggestion to die, if you will. Offensive Dark Side powers were usually compared to literally hating your target to death.
>>
>>63920478
Good observation anon. Let your vote count.

Strawpoll.me/6306008/
>>
>>63923597
It's not very ambiguous.
>Mace is holding back Sheev's lighting
>some of the lighting is coming back at Sheev, fucking up his mask thus showing us how a sith lord truly looks
>once Annie is convinced that Sheev must live and cuts off Mace's hand, Sheev immediately blasts Mace with even more lighting than before
>Sheev claimed seconds eariler that he had no more power, he was weak and helpless
It's so fucking obvious that Sheev played Annie into doing something horrible, the look on Annie's face as he sits down realizing all this only makes it more obvious.

I don't think the yoda/sheev fight was that ambiguous. They were mostly evenly matched as far as I can remember. I don't remember how yoda even failed. I remember him falling down and then crawling away through vents while sheev hanged off a senate seat laughing.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.