[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remember when Furiosa Road got a 95% on RT too and everyone went
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7
Remember when Furiosa Road got a 95% on RT too and everyone went out to see it and lied to themselves that it was a good movie? TFA is the same shit. Once you hit 95%...
>>
File: careful.png (40 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
careful.png
40 KB, 625x626
>>63916586
>>
It's just one long car chase with explosions. A solid 7/10 action film, but not MOTY material.

Also The Dag is best girl
>>
>>63916783
>A solid 7/10 action film
I take it this was your first action film
>>
>>63916586
For me it's the movie of the year. I just want to see Revenant and then I can make my final decision.
>inb4pleb
I don't really care.
>>
>>63916831
You have shit taste.
>>
>>63916817
That's ironic seeing as the swathes of /v/edditors who hail it as the second coming of action movies are obviously missing a large amount of knowledge of the genre.

It was good, don't get me wrong but I'm still waiting to hear a legitimate argument as to what makes it greater than dozens of actions movies that did what fury road did before, and often times better.
>>
>>63916586
This. Fury road was a well done 80's blockbuster. If it had been released in the 80's, no one would've cared. It's a solid flick, maybe a 7/10, by really not great by an standard.

TFA suffers from the same lax in standards
>>
Mad Max fury road blows TFA out of the water though.. It actually had some creativity about it, unlike TFA.
>>
>>63916920
That's ironic seeing as the swathes of /v/edditors hate it because they think it's feminist
>>
>>63916936
>Fury road was a well done 80's blockbuster.
>blockbuster

come now george
>>
>>63916831
Fury Road is way better.
Still, Revenant is a nice film to see, because of the scenary and the way it was filmed
>>
>>63916958
I liked TFA more.It had actual characters in it and enjoyable dialogue and the scene with Han and Kylo was much better than anything in Fury Road.
>>
>>63916920
>dozens of actions movies that did what fury road did before, and often times better.
Name 5.
>>
Mad max was shit and TFA was actually worse.

What a time to be alive.
>>
Fury Road was solid to anyone who isn't obsessed with /pol/ memes so hard it actually interferes with their daily life

deal with it
>>
>>63916958
Fury Road literally just exists in the MM universe. It added nothing but dank memes. Film was a 7/10 at best.
>>
>>63916586
John Carter was better than TFA. Like Ep. 3
>>
>>63917040
>le edgelord
>>
>>63917075
The lore it added to the world was fantastic. Stop it.
>>
>>63916586
Fuck numbers. Fury Road was just a legit good movie. Force Awakens wasn't.
>>
>>63917075
>Caring about MM lore
>>
File: Cuckold!.jpg (229 KB, 1920x1038) Image search: [Google]
Cuckold!.jpg
229 KB, 1920x1038
>>63916586
True.

>Average fanbase for both movies
>>
>>63917279
>a movie where Viggo Mortensen yells "cuckold"
This I have to watch
>>
It's a solid action movie.
RT scores mean that 95% of the critics thought it worths to watch it.
Not that it is a near perfect film.
Rotten Tomatoes scores can be deceiving.
>>
>>63916958
TFA had plenty of creativity, have you seen the film?
>>
>>63917361
Check the mean rating and metacritic's best film of the year. Both of them have fury road as the highest.
If you don't like this film, it's literally because you are an angry birthing man child who can't stand to see successful women in film.

/pol/tards BTFO
>>
>>63917279
it's a disney movie, it's pretty obvious regarding their intentions
>>63917361
>Rotten Tomatoes scores can be deceiving
yes! fuck's sake, when will the majority of this shit board realize this? most reviews aren't a 10/10, they're a positive 5-6/10
>>
>>63917424
Weak b8.
>>
>>63917413
Name more than one scene that isnt a rehash from the OT. I literally dont think its possible. TFA is ass
>>
>>63917353
he is the one who gets cucked in the movie
>>
>>63917424
fuck furiosa and her gang of lesbians and cucks
>>
>>63917495
The scene where Poe and FN escape and are chased by stormtroopers in TIE fighters and the scene where X Wings show up on the forest planet to BTFO first order
>>
>>63917424
Wut.
Take your medications mate.
>>
>>63916920
>dozens of actions movies that did what fury road did before, and often times better.

... yea you're going to have to validate that statement by naming a number of movies that were nothing but a single long action sequence.
>>
>>63917573
So the scene where the they escape with the princess in the falcon and the scene that relies on lightspeed being near instantaneous for it to happen. That males 1 shitty scene I suppose.
>>
File: Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg (29 KB, 300x240) Image search: [Google]
Moving-the-goalposts-300x2402.jpg
29 KB, 300x240
>>63917702
There is literally no princess in this movie, sorry you believe /tv/ memes and can't think for yourself
>>
>>63917497
but which movie is it?
>>
>>63917816
Still rescuing a captive and escaping. The whole movie blows ass because not a single characters sans TR8R make any bit of logical fucking sense.
>>
>>63917644
District B13, the raid, the raid 2, John wick
>>
>>63917882
>point out that you're shifting the goalposts
>continue to try and shift the goalposts

>point out that you believe /tv/ memes
>keep repeating /tv/ memes

I don't know what to say to you. You have to be a literal child because no adult would engage in such retarded behaviour. Try thinking for yourself instead of having opinions spoonfed to you by the hivemind and you'll find that your quality of life improves significantly
>>
>>63917908
I haven't seen District B13 and can't tell about it, but you're wrong about the other 3 movies.
>>
>>63917956
The goalpost has yet to move since you have yet to name more than 1 scene that isnt a poor imitation of a previous one. I'm sorry you fell for the nostalgia bait but I garauntee this will end up the most hated SW movie yet unless the next movies manage to be even worse. Thank god JJ is gone for 8 at least.
>>
>>63916586
>lied to themselves that it was a good movie
It was a bad movie? It was on par with the other Mad Max movies. If Fury Road was bad, then so were all the others.
>>
>>63916586
a year ago I predicted that Mad Max would be better than Star Wars
I was not wrong
>>
>>63916586
Still the best movie of the year
action masterpiece
>>
>>63918128
Definitely agree with this. How can people be so retarded as to not understand what makes it so fundamentally good at what it does?
>>
>>63917495
>Name more than one scene that isnt a rehash from the OT
The several scenes where a stormtrooper sees one of his brothers in arms die, regrets being a stormtrooper, and the movie focuses on him as he tries to go awol.
>>
File: 1390374997388.jpg (54 KB, 444x337) Image search: [Google]
1390374997388.jpg
54 KB, 444x337
>>63918074
I named two, shall I name some more? The scene onboard Hans monster ship, the force premonition that Rey has when she touches the lightsaber, the opening battle sequence on Jakku where stormtroopers slaughter a village, the scenes with Rey scavenging coupled the imagery of dead empire ships and the sequence where FN and Rey escape from Jakku.

Not to mention the inherent creativity in various alien design, ship design, costume and set design. Again, sorry you fall for /tv/ memes and can't think of anything original. Perhaps it's time to take a break from 4chan and get a fresh perspective? It damaging for a young mind to lock themselves into only one way of thinking
>>
>>63918128
Mad Max
>>
>>63918349
>go to /g/
>people accuse me of being from /v/
>go to /tv/
>people accuse me of being from /v/
>I've never used /v/
>I don't even play video games
>>
>>63918277
> Hans monster ship
The falcon being captured and Han running out of luck is a rehash
> force premonition with a lightsaber that was destroyed over 30 years prior
Bullshit scene, similar to a combo of the cantina scene and yodas cave however
> Opening on jakku
Blatant ANH intro copy, just a new setting
> Rey on Jakku
There were no crashed imperial ships of that size prior to RotJ so I might give you this one. Its still very similar to Luke going about his daily life however.
> escaping stormtrooper on a desert planet in the falcon
No

> alien designs
Which ones? Maz's bar is almost tge only place they turn up en masse bar a few on jakku.
> ship design
Tippity top kek
> costume and sets
Again mostly cloned from previous works

Movies awful m8
>>
>>63918349
>hey guys, cahiers du cinema are redditors
>>
>>63916831
Revenant is online in dvd quality
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-12-21-08-22-45.png (601 KB, 1600x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-12-21-08-22-45.png
601 KB, 1600x2560
True fucking patriot.
>>
>>63919327
>le using stuff from other movies belonging to the same saga makes a movie unoriginal
do you faggots even know how NOT to shitpost?
>>
>>63920744
do i even know how to syntax?
for you
>>
> What's really surprising is that many of them were coming from me.
>>
>>63918396

This.
I've only played 2 games this year and hardly ever go to /v/.
>Get accused of being from /v/
While occasionally look up at news stories on reddit, I don't really use it and I don't have an account.
>Get told that I'm a redditor
Don't really care for SW, will eventually watch it when there's a clean rip.
>Get told that I'm a SW shill

I'm beginning to think that /tv/ is bunch of manchildren pointing memes at each other
>>
>>63920744
Thats what reusing stuff tends to do, especially when the new stuff to mask it is so flimsy like finns whole arc, Poe barely getting any screentime, and mary sue Rey.
>>
>>63918396
>le blame /v/

Nice meme but it's a little old
>>
>>63918396
Ancient people once had a saying. "It's not about the fedora you wear on your head, it's about the fedora you hold in your heart". The same can be said of /v/.
>>
File: 3594d1395387457-feminism3.jpg (160 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
3594d1395387457-feminism3.jpg
160 KB, 480x720
>>63917040
>Fury Road was solid to anyone who isn't obsessed with /pol/ memes so hard it actually interferes with their daily life
>deal with it
t - male feminist
>>
>>63919327
Is Mark Kermode writing a movie review or a middle school English assignment? I can't tell.
>>
>>63921083
incorrect
>>
>>63921326
ok, shill
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63916920
i don't have a really strong opinion about this film, but my brother,who claims to be a films lover and does know quite some things about them,says the direction of the film was fantastic and the reason why he loves it so much.
>>
>>63917040
honestly i don't even get how people can call this movie feminist propaganda

to me it's just a fucking boring film about people driving from point A to point B
>>
>>63916936

Had Fury Road been released in the actual 80s, assuming they could replicate all digital effects with practical effects, I highly doubt it would ahve been considered anywhere near average

I mean Road Warrior was considered a great action movie when it came out based on the technical action work alone. Fury Road is well beyoind Road Warrior int hat depertment and the story of both are roughly equal.
>>
>>63916920
This.

Neo-cinephiles want to believe they're experiencing a new "action classic" alongside The Terminators and others. MMFR doesn't stand out in literally any way except for a few action sequences, so it doesn't really compare to the top tier action movies.

Cue angry redditors.
>>
>>63921800
The protagonist and the supporting cast was far superior in the Road Warrior tho.
And the story was more simple and more effective.
I think Fury Road has the edge only in the special effects department.
>>
Just saw Star Shit and couldnt even watch half an hour of it. Do you need to be drugged up or braindead to see it?
>>
>>63922000
It's a movie for teenagers.
You have to be one to really appreciate it.
>>
>>63916632
>they don't wildly overrate my new favorite video-game fedora action fest, so they must be'z trollinz!!!
>>
>>63917424
nice logical fallacies, reddit. It must be fun to be as stupid and juvenile as you are.

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>63920744
holy shit you're dumb. too dumb to "analyze" some shitty blockbuster kid's space movies. Jesus wtf
>>
>>63921936

Regardless of which might be considered the better of the two I think you will agree that neither's finest qualify is plot or the writing. I mean both are made deliberately simple and mostly just excuses to have cars crash on camera every so often.
>>
Same with MGS and Fallout and probably a lot of other stuff. It's basic human nature, why would we go against the public opinion, we don't want to be different. All of the overrated scores will drop in time though when they are revisited.
>>
Remember that one time overweight virgins used an anonymous message board to circle jerk and create fake consensus that [insert any critically acclaimed movie] was actually bad? I seriously want to know who you retards think you're fooling. It would be funny if it weren't so sad. Contrarianism is a debilitating mental illness... or rather, it's clearly a symptom of one.
>>
Saw this movie, did not understand why people went nuts over it. Seemed to be a typical chase film.
Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.