[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So looking at Disney's new galaxy map, the situation seems
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10
File: SW7 map.jpg (312 KB, 974x1190) Image search: [Google]
SW7 map.jpg
312 KB, 974x1190
So looking at Disney's new galaxy map, the situation seems to be something like this, maybe.

The tie-in shit says the First Order controls the Unknown Regions, and they obviously control the Starkiller Base. Jakku and the CGI goblin's planet aren't controlled by anyone and appear to be in a kind of No Man's Land between the two powers, which makes sense.

But the Resistance base is on the other side of the galaxy from the First Order base which makes no sense at all. I guess we have to accept that the geography is silly and can be disregarded.
>>
> Rakata Prime

FUCKING STAR FORGE CONFIRMED
>>
So basically the Rebels win and the there's no material left for the trilogy?
>>
>>63914062
>unknown regions

Wut?
>>
>>63914062
Where the fuck is hoth?
>>
>tie-in merch shit
>relevant in any way

you fucking wookiepedia EU autists just can't let go, can you? The new movie barely took the prequels into account, let alone your sperglord garbage some slave labouring intern whipped up without any approval from Lucas or even JJ
>>
>>63914125
bottom, Bespin and Hoth
>>
>>63914125
Between Western Reaches and Outer Rim mate
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 427x430) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 427x430
>naboo
>>
>>63914143
Did you even read my post? I said it's obviously tie-in shit that doesn't make sense so we can disregard it.

I was just curious because Lucasfilm supposedly has a story group to make everything fit together now, but obviously not.
>>
Where the fuck is Kamino??
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 300x270) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 300x270
>doesn't show Mustafar
>movie is about a vader cuck having a hard on for ankin
>>
>no Alderaan

Triggered
>>
>no kamino
>no mustafar

Are the prequels confirmed as not canon then?
>>
>>63914264
it was erased you pleb, dont you watch the movies?
>>
>>63914325
>Are the prequels confirmed as not canon then?

No anon, just forgotten.
>>
File: The_Bard.jpg (2 MB, 1944x2440) Image search: [Google]
The_Bard.jpg
2 MB, 1944x2440
> Felucia
>>
File: you stop.jpg (56 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
you stop.jpg
56 KB, 500x375
>2015 ABY
>STILL trying to make sense of the Star Wars universe as if it was some sort of calculated, planned out hard sci-fi world

They literally threw 30 years worth of additional material into the fucking trash. Can't you take a hint? Only the movies matter, and even then they tried super hard to ignore the prequels. The shitty cartoons don't matter. The video games don't matter. The books don't matter. There is no "Darth Plagueis", there is no "Revan", just fuck off with shit already.
>>
>>63914078
The planet Luke was on. Most likely no Starforge confirmed.
The description of Kylo Ren's sword mentions The Scourge of Malachor. There are more references to KOTOR than there are to the prequels.
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 360x388) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 360x388
>the good guy in the core near the light
>bad guys are in the outer rim away from light
Pottery
>>
>>63914355

They were erased from the library records not reality
>>
>>63914367
Plagueis is howerver talked about pretty much in the movies and even more in the novel version of the movies.
>>
>>63914367
lol this, they cared so little about learning about the existing lore, they just decided to nuke all of it and give any dissenting fans the middle finger.
>>
>>63914367
>Can't you take a hint? Only the movies matter
Disney have explicitly said that anything published from now on is canon, including books and TV shows.

>There is no "Darth Plagueis"
He's mentioned by name in Episode III, that's where he comes from.
>>
>>63914306
>>63914306
fuck off rebel scum
>>
>>63914306
It got blown up, senpai.
>>
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1106x1012) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1106x1012
>>63914429
>reading all of the non canon bullshit
No one is that retarded
>>
>>63914455
It used to be "canon", that's the point
>>
>Nal Hutta in the republic
>>
>hoth and bespin in same star system
>tatooine and geonosis in same star system
>>
>>63914062
So the First Order is pushed all the way out into the Unknown Regions, and the "Resistance" is still fighting them?
>>
all of these rims are making me horny.
>>
>>63914438
they said it so wookiepedia autists would keep buying shit
you think ANYONE working on the movies in a decision making position has read any of the books? You think godzilla guy making the movie between 3 and 4 will go "hmm better not put this in the movie, it contradicts that awful looking Star Wars cartoon on the Disney channel that no one watches"?
>>
File: Millennium-Falcon.jpg (77 KB, 768x432) Image search: [Google]
Millennium-Falcon.jpg
77 KB, 768x432
What i want to know is, how the hell can any of these places be 'held' properly? if the Millenium Falcon can LITERALLY warp jump to a planets surface from anywhere in the galaxy, what the hell is stopping people from just taking any territory/planet they want? Or better yet, warp speed kamikaze some futuristic planet killing bombs directly onto a planets surface. Am i thinking too hard about this? Just seems kind of illogical to me.
>>
>>63914484
dont hoth and bespin have to be in the same system? since han flew the falcon there with no light speed, it literally had to be close otherwise they never would have made it there in their lifetime
>>
>>63914476
there is to much to consider when making a new movie. the movie would have to be set far into the future to be able to make anything new at all, and the galaxy went through lots of changes after the movies in the old canon. so fans of the movies would not recognize themselves.
>>
>>63914546
He had light speed, just no hyperdrive.
>>
>rakata prime
>existence of a "Scourge of Malachor"
>tfw old republic era may still be canon
>>
>>63914592
how could he go lightspeed if his hyperdrive didnt work, the hyperdrive is what makes them go light speed
>>
I love how they pick and choose names and parts of lore from EU even after they explicitly said all of EU is trash just to fuck with sperg fans
>>
>>63914537
hyperdrive bombs are the biggest problem with star wars. why build massive space stations if you can send literal meteors at planets to cause cataclysmic devastation. thinking about it though they might be like nukes and are banned with the knowledge of if you use one youre going to get rekt by everyone else. not a good explanation but i cant think of something else.
>>
>>63914671
Hyperdrive is faster than light speed, numbnuts. If it were light speed it would take years to travel between planets.
>>
>>63914608
the era is canon, even darth bane is canon, but most likely no stories and worldbuildning.
>>
>>63914537
Han practically crashed the Falcon into the ground and he's been flying the thing for 40-ish years.

I don't think you can do things like that unless you're at Han Solo's level.

The real question is why didn't they just shoot a bunch of nukes at lightspeed at Starkiller Base like you said? Irradiate the whole planet and make it impossible to work there.
>>
>>63914537
How can anyone hold anything on Earth when nukes exist? Same principle. No one wants to nuke when it can be avoided.
>>
>>63914710
>the era is canon, even darth bane is canon

just stop
only the movies are "canon"
>>
>>63914690
lightspeed is a term they use when traveling in hyperspace. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Lightspeed
>>
>>63914752
>unironically linking wookiepedia as a source

baka senpai
>>
>>63914528
>you think ANYONE working on the movies in a decision making position has read any of the books?
Of course not, I don't even think the concept of canon is very important in fiction, because storytelling should come first, especially for tie-in shit.

I was just saying Disney's official position, since we're talking about "canon". And I was curious if their "canon" map actually made sense, unsurprisingly it doesn't.
>>
>>63914735
I couldn't agree more. What I mean is the "canon" disney/lucasfilms is talking about at the moment.
Movies: Hard canon
EU: currently canon
Legends: useless crap
>>
>>63914767
is this what you do when you realize you were wrong? its ok to admit it, im not trying to rub your nose in it
>>
>>63914720
I see your point and i do agree with it, but the only difference is you are living on the same planet you are nuking, whereas planet-to-planet warfare would surely be entirely different
>>
>>63914685
Actually that would be a great explanation if Death Stars didn't exist.

But really who cares, the space fantasy backdrop doesn't make any sense when you think about, I can let that shit slide.
>>
>>63914264
In another galaxy
>>
File: maskedfaces.jpg (49 KB, 635x300) Image search: [Google]
maskedfaces.jpg
49 KB, 635x300
>>63914735

>only the movies

But that's wrong tho
>>
>>63914735
>only the movies are "canon"
TV series too, so Darth Bane is canon,
>>
>>63915210
the cartoons are meme canon
real canon (aka. the thing the people writing the future movies will actually take into account) are the movies
>>
>>63915245
Ziro the Hutt (The hutt in the animated clone wars movie) has his symbol on a flag at Maz's castle.
So I'll take that into consideration when I think about my meme canon.
>>
>>63914372
I'd imagine no Starforge since it will be destroyed in a KOTOR movie. I imagine Disney will adapt popular EU storylines into movies and KOTOR is one of the most popular. This somewhat shows they are thinking about it, either that or a fanboy was working on set and shoved references in.
>>
>>63915245
Shit bro, thanks for being the ultimate authority on what is 'real' canon and 'meme' canon.
Dipshit.
>>
>>63914359
It was in the prequels so it has to be canon
>>
>>63914359
>>63917508
Please excuse my lack of knowledge with all things EU, but what is the story with Felucia?
>>
>>63917604
You kill Jedi Master Shaak Ti there in the Force Unleashed.

It was also vietnam-tier for the clones during the war and gave them all PTSD
>>
>>63917734
Sounds like a pretty cool planet, what's wrong with it? Or is it just more of a complaint WRT the inclusion of The Force Unleashed in the canon?
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.