[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think they will kill him off in the next movies?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 8
File: MarkHamill.jpg (190 KB, 1012x675) Image search: [Google]
MarkHamill.jpg
190 KB, 1012x675
How do you think they will kill him off in the next movies?
>>
literally inevitable
>>
>>63912316
I don't know, but it will probably involve an empty cloak billowing to the ground and a blue force ghost reappearing for the rest of the franchise.
>>
>>63912316
By having JJ read him the first draft of the script
>>
I'm actually hoping they don't do that.
But if they do, it will probably be a giant sacrifice that saves the galaxy and brings the balance to the force his father was meant to bring.
>>
>>63912316

Old age like Yoda. It's called fanservice.
>>
>>63912316
Battle with Kylo Ren and/or heroic self-sacrifice, like stay behind on a ship that's about to self-destruct.
>>
Hopefully they don't

Dude doesn't have to go cavorting around the galaxy fighting everyone, no need to kill him off
>>
>>63912395
But old Yoda actually looks better
>>
Snoke and Kylo Ren team up and take Luke down.

Rey takes them both down then.
>>
Probably sacrificing himself fighting Snoke
>>
>>63912316
I'm fine with whatever as long as it has some real emotional impact. Han's death felt pretty wasted.
>>
He'll appear and train rey in the 8th movie, then die of old age in the 9th
>>
They'll use George's original ending for Luke's character

>Return Of The Jedi almost had a completely different ending. George Lucas toyed with the idea that after Luke witnesses Yoda's death, he puts his blanket on, proclaims “Now I am Yoda” and morphs into him.
>>
>>63913006
God, I'm so glad that during OT George had all this people who were able to stop him when he started to spout bullshit.
>>
>>63912316
DROPPED
>>
File: 1446199671081.jpg (196 KB, 1920x820) Image search: [Google]
1446199671081.jpg
196 KB, 1920x820
>>63913006
Gets me everytime
>>
I actually don't think they'll kill him off.

I expect the ending will be that him and Rey (Father/ Daughter) go about rebuilding the Jedi Academy and train new Jedi.

This makes sense partly because its a happy ending to what is essentially a family/ kids franchise, and it allows them to move forward in multiple ways for future films/ comics/ TV shows etc
>>
>>63913108
Dont question him nigger
Darth Icky wouldve been great
>>
>>63912316

He falls down the rocky stairs on the island.
>>
>>63912395
Predictable but probable
>>
File: image.jpg (103 KB, 600x679) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
103 KB, 600x679
>>63912316
They'll make movies with Luke for the next ten years if Disney has a brain in their corporate body.
>>
They can't kill off Luke.
>>
>>63912389
I'm thinking along these lines.

The trilogies are the story of Anakin Skywalker's lineage bringing balance to the force, any films following this new trilogy will take place after balance has been brought to the force.

>3 trilogies
>3 generations of Skywalker

PURE
O
E
T
R
Y
>>
I think he'll die in episode IX
>>
>>63912420
that's what I'd have assumed about Han

people's hopes for Luke are the same. They want a repeat of the high they got seeing him do badass things in the OT. it's equally impossible but Disney will happily fuck up his character trying.
>>
>>63913336

I think the difference is that Harrison Ford probably didn't want to keep going with the franchise, and Hammill will probably be happy doing it
>>
>>63913412
I think it was obvious that Ford was not jumping with glee at the sight of oppurtunity to play Han once again. He had this "Shit, I hate everyone in here" look in his eyes for the whole film.
>>
>>63912316
Well Disney are planning to turn Star Wars into a cash cow like Marvel and DC are doing with their IPs. Luke, and all of the Skywalkers will die, bringing 'balance to the force'. That is, there's now equal amounts of Sith and Jedi both fighting for dominance in the Universe.

I feel in way, they're effectively killed the impact of the Original Trilogy. It'd be like Warner Brothers somehow getting the power to turn Tolkien's Middle Earth into an endless cash cow of action films set after the Lord of the Rings.
>>
>>63913336
Han still had that rogue spirit in him so it made some sense at least

But yeah they'll definitely fuck Luke up because they gotta make that paper
>>
The poorly rendered CGI monster sithlord with the stupid name I forgot eats his soul or something, you know it will happen.
>>
>>63912316
It's disney so:

They're walking, he slips on BB8, falls down and breaks his neck.
They all have a laughf
"Oh you SILLY bb8!!"

The end
>>
I hope Stork and Ren double team Luke and after a long fight he gets rekt.
>>
>>63912316
They won't at least not until Ep IX because compared to Ford, Hamill is cheap as chips to hire.

He'd probably even do it for free because he's a nice guy.
>>
>>63912316

disappear like obi wan
>>
He sent rey off as a child to prevent jedis coming back and her fall to dark

Refuses to train her

Reb/snoke will

Rey kills luke
>>
>>63912316
Spoilers!
Luke figths Plagues/snoke to help rey escape, rey escapes she has final battle agaisnt kylo
kylo in the second movie gets ass wooped again by luke this time, then plagues saves him and makes him 70% robotic, final battle luke agaisnt plagues luke loses, rey kills kylo, rey kills plagues, plagues before dies uses the force to turn evil rey, rey somehow before the the final movie ends turns into some kind good and evil final balance between good and evil
>>
Luke is definitely going to die like Obi-wan and come back as a force ghost.

Force Awakens was incredibly predictable and this is no exception.
>>
File: 1448369227714.jpg (60 KB, 500x370) Image search: [Google]
1448369227714.jpg
60 KB, 500x370
>>63913326
BUT WHAT IF

THERE WAS ANOTHER GENERATION
>>
>>63913680
They killed Han because poetry and because he's old as fuck IRL.

I don't think it had nothing to do with money.
>>
>>63913876
Harrison Ford wanted Han to die in the OT anyway but Lucas wouldn't do it. He was probably thankfully Abrams gave him the death scene he wanted so he didn't phone it in for the performance.
>>
>>63913903

I think is basically confirmed at this point, but why does HF hate the movies so much? Was it Lucas? Does he just not like acting or something?
>>
>>63913932
No one ever said he hates the movies, he just thought han should die
>>
>>63912316
They won't.
Han was the dramatic kill off, and they won't blow their load twice.
>>
>>63912316

They'll kill him in last movie before the epic last battle between the whore and someone else.

Also they should kill the nigger in the second one for revenge plot for the whore turning herself into a hate machine instead of a mary sue, but it won't happen, and if someone dies will be Poe.
>>
>>63912316

Its confirmed that he will be "killed" ad in his body will be taken over by The Joker
>>
>>63914119
>not Darth Bane
Hamill even voiced the guy before
>>
>>63914180

>voiced bane

You mean samurai Bane?
>>
>>63912316
I foresee Jew Jew plagiar-- I mean "paying homage" to the scene where Obiwan is struck down by Vader.
>>
>>63914267
Yes. Not the Big Guy.
>>
>>63914180
Based Hamill
https://youtu.be/mdSw1LqpU_s?t=20s
>>
>>63914412
Yes, but why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>63912389
Anakin DID bring balance to the Force, at the end of RotJ. Not his fault that TFA completely invalidates every action taken in the original trilogy.
>>
>>63914412
And I've had people try to tell me the Clone Wars tv series is good. That is total shit.
>>
>>63912407
Kylo can't even touch Luke. Snoke or bust, but I doubt it will happen until 9.
>>
>>63912388
JJ isn't involved in any new SW movies tbf
>>
>>63912316
colostomy bag explodes and short-circuits lightsaber which electrocutes him
>>
was it just me or Kylo is super undertrained and weak? and the supreme leader whats his real identity?
>>
>>63913235
Before watching TFA, a part of me thought they were going to end Luke's story with him just going off on his own, but hell, they've already done that.
>>
>>63913326
What if they pull a switcheroo on everyone, and it turns out Rey is Sheev's great grandaughter or something?
>>
>>63913336

Luke will fight the big guy while Rey deals with Ren in the final movie.
>>
i hope they dont kill him, its just something everyone expects to happen anyway
>>
>>63913538
>le disney are bad

I hate this meme
>>
They'll make Episode X: Snow Leopard.
>>
yfw mark hamill dies before completing lukes arc
>>
File: having problems.jpg (70 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
having problems.jpg
70 KB, 1280x720
>>63918195
>>
>>63912316
>be last of the Jedi
>tasked with reviving the Jedi order after balance has been restored to the force
>your nephew kills everybody and you accomplish jack shit
>die like a bitch before you get to really establish a new order
Luke had a hard life
>>
File: 37983974.jpg (62 KB, 350x524) Image search: [Google]
37983974.jpg
62 KB, 350x524
>>63918195
>>
>>63912316
probably disintegrate himself in a cloud of shit like yoda
>>
>>63914412
at least Darth Bane is still canon then I guess
>>
>>63913006

lol wtf? is their a source for that?
>>
He'll immaterialise into a sparkling cloud of pure midichloria.
>>
>>63916634

I kek'd.
>>
>>63918448
BANE?
>>
>>63916910
>Rey
Her lineage isn't really important when Ben Solo is already established as part of Anakin's lineage. I mean, Rey could be, too, but the idea doesn't necessitate that the main character has to be the one to do it.
>>
File: 200.gif (469 KB, 288x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
469 KB, 288x200
>mfw he becomes a Force Ghost
I think I always figured someone would end up killing Luke. He wouldn't go like Yoda. He's made way too many enemies as a Rebel hero.

I think he'd embrace it though. He's a Jedi, he knows one death isn't the end. Life is ever-flowing. He'd be proud to die like Obi-Wan, sacrificing himself so others could survive.

I don't know if they'd kill him off though. Nothing at stake.
>>63913412
This too, everything I've ever seen suggests Hamill loves Star Wars.
>>
>>63916691
I thought that too. And it seems like his training started at least a couple years before, so it makes no sense that he's still so unskilled. I don't know why they told us that he's so powerful when he's clearly not. Finn got BTFO by a Stormtrooper with some electric shit earlier in the movie yet even he managed to wound Ren. And he was unable to stop Chewie's blaster round, even though he stopped Poe's earlier in the movie.
>>
Wait, if Anakin is a force ghost at the end of Episode VI, could that mean that Luke has been able to converse with his father during this time? He has had no trouble talking with Obi Wan and Yoda.
>>
>>63918945
I think that is very clearly implied n the film mate
>>
File: Yoda_SWSB.png (2 MB, 890x1024) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_SWSB.png
2 MB, 890x1024
>>63913493
>Luke, and all of the Skywalkers will die, bringing 'balance to the force'. That is, there's now equal amounts of Sith and Jedi both fighting for dominance in the Universe.
That's not what that fucking means. Balance to the Force means defeat of the Dark Side.

It's not a Yin and Yang thing. Yin and Yang are equal yet opposite, but both good.

The Dark Side is not Yin. The Dark Side is itself an imbalance, an abuse of the Force rather than moving with it.
>>
Episode 9 will end with Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin standing and smiling at Rey as force ghosts.
>>
>>63918889

Chewie was further away, but most importantly he had just killed his own dad, he was emotional and not focused in that moment, not aware of his surroundings and Chewie managed to catch him off guard.
>>
>>63918889
>And he was unable to stop Chewie's blaster round, even though he stopped Poe's earlier in the movie.
Seemed a bit distracted at the time.

Though should be said, that bowcaster was really fucking powerful. Seems to me that he may have tried to stop it, but it was stronger than he expected. So it hit him but didn't throw him back like it should have, and like it did with everybody else.
>>
>>63919049
>049▶
>Episode 9 will end with Luke, Obi-Wan, Yoda and Anakin standing and smiling at Rey as force ghosts.

PLS NOOOO
>>
>>63919049
>Luke doesn't see Qui-Gon looking at him
>implying Rey will see people she never met
Granted, if she's Luke's daughter she might see Anakin but there's no real need for Obi-Wan or Yoda.
>>
>>63919049
Don't say things like this
>>
He should only die due to sacrifice. He's the greatest Jedi of all time and if someone like Kylo Ren kills him it would be awful.
>>
>>63912316
Kylo will simply have to kill him. To prove his not a whimp who was beaten by the girl from garbage planet.
>>
How likely is it that Kylo with his baby face redeems himself and fights against Snoke in the third movie? It'd be JJ trying to make poetry.
>>
>>63919771
>JJ
How can so many people be living under a rock

JJ has nothing to do with the rest of the trilogy
>>
>>63919806
With how much input he had on the first movie you can bet the decisions he made from casting to script will be taken into consideration by the next director.
>>
>>63918448
He was canon even without this, he's a Lucas creation and Lucas himself insisted the author of the TPM novelization talk abut him.
>>
>>63920058
>He was canon even without this
If he wasn't in this then he wouldn't be tho, right? Thanks to them basically nuking anything not in the 6 films+Clone Wars
>>
>>63919049
An Ewok choir will also be singing yub nub in the background.
>>
Wouldn't killing Luke totally erase the point of Luke himself? Wasn't he supposed to be the one to revive the Jedi Order? If he dies before doing that (and not having it get its shit wrecked by an emo teen) then he will have accomplished nothing.
>>
It will turn out he's an evil guy (cos cis white male) and Boyega will kill him before blacking Rey
>>
>>63920158
Movie novelizations are generally considered to be in the same level of canon as the movies unless they contradict what occurs on screen because Lucas typically has direct involvement with editing the movie novels in a way he doesn't with other novels.

For example, in the ROTS book, the Sheev spin is not executed in the same way and Sheev has some extra dialogue before killing them. This is non-canon since it differs from the screenplay. But Sheev also thinks about the ashes of his old teacher Plagueis in an urn in his office. This is canon because it doesn't conflict with anything shown in the movies.
>>
>>63920248
>before blacking Rey
it's already been established that Poe and Finn fuck, m8
>>
>>63912316
Darth Emo uses the force to seek out and control Rey, who does it under Darth Emo's control
>>
>>63920224
I thought he was doing exactly that in the time between VI and VII and having one of his apprentices turn left him unsure in his abilities as a teacher of the Jedi way thus leading to his reclusion.
>>
>>63920353
He was doing that, the fact they got wiped yet again in such a short timespan was total shit though, just a way to reset everything so it can be like the OT. The fact that his academy didn't go anywhere means he's really done sweet fuck all in the long term.
>>
>>63912316
>implying you can kill a force ghost
>>
>>63913932
I read an article earlier this week explaining that he took the role more seriously than anybody in the first two movies but he thought Han's actions in RotJ kind of worked against his character, so he thought it would be appropriate if Han died. This, coupled with the fact that he's been reminded of the part literally thousands of times in his career (while doing interviews for other movies he starred in) really wore him down.
Harrison Ford is the actor this world deserved, and we didn't even recognize it until it was too late.
>>
>>63912316
If they strike him down he will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
>>
>>63921530
Yes, he'll be able to create a force hologram of himself and talk to you.
>>
>>63919158
Obi Wan will be there because he hasn't managed to finish telling Luke about all his good friends
>>
>>63918589
>Star Wars
>Main character not a Skywalker
>>
They'll kill him off asap so that Luke can be an annoying force ghost to Rey and/or Finn.

>>63922776

And who's the main character of Episode I: Fuck my Shit Up?
>>
>>63918997
Haha fuck that, new canon to the rescue. We yin yang now.
Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.