[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
would you rather hire another composer to do episode VIII or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: john williams.jpg (228 KB, 1696x2048) Image search: [Google]
john williams.jpg
228 KB, 1696x2048
would you rather hire another composer to do episode VIII or keep him? Episode 7's soundtrack was underwhelming
>>
Howard shore, senpai.
>>
With our luck we'd get Hans Zimmer and it would undoubtedly be touted as the greatest contribution to sci-fi music since A Space Odyssey.
>>
>>63910485
Fuck that guy.
>>
>>63910522
>Hans Zimmer
His theme is bland as fuck, I prefer much more melodic like JNH, Elfman or Giacchino
>>
>>63910604

Do you not detect the sarcasm in >>63910522
's post?
>>
>>63910522
I would, unironically, prefer Zimmer.
>>
>>63910485
Can he refuse them to use his previous compositions? If not, then maybe. SW definitely needs the classic OT score, but JW really didn't add anything memorable this movie. I can vaguely remember Rey's theme and Luke standing on the mountain theme, but that's it. Did anyone else even have a new theme?
>>
>>63910925
he reused indiana jones nazi theme for the rebels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueqKtype7Kk&ab_channel=DisneyMusicVEVO
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUBUlKgsNK8

He's still got it. They just didn't let him do as much with the score this time because the role of music in movies evolved since the 80s. Blame the producers
>>
>>63911243
I had the same thought while watching this movie. It sounds incredibly similar. Kind of hilarious that this is the good guys theme.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 250x180) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 250x180
>>63910485
Have him write themes for the quiter moments, assuming there will be some.

Howard Shore, Giacchino and McNeely are all better choices at this point for action scenes.
>>
File: image.jpg (89 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89 KB, 852x480
>>63910604
Elfman would be alright, but it might come off as a Tim Burton movie...
>>
>>63910485
Who's that guy that does the Simpsons? Him.
>>
They should get Giacchino brah
>>
>>63910485
Google “New World Symphony".

Williams basically copied all of his work from this piece.That and JJ Abrams lack of direction and theme in The Force Awakens makes it difficult to compose something new and fitting.
>>
I actually liked the rebellion theme
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.