[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I like that /tv/ is approaching a kind of singularity in terms
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: glib.jpg (43 KB, 510x508) Image search: [Google]
glib.jpg
43 KB, 510x508
I like that /tv/ is approaching a kind of singularity in terms of shitposting and reverse-trolling that no one really knows what to say anymore to be controversial, counter-culture or contrarian.

Do you mock the Star Wars prequels for being all around shitty at every level, or do you defend the prequels and mock TFA because the former became so wildly unpopular while the latter is almost universally acclaimed?

The only choice therefore is to mock everything, but that's boring and doesn't stoke as much controversy as when you take a hard-line in favor of one or the other.

The point is that you're rapidly finding yourselves shit up a creek in terms of trying to find the most optimal vantage point from which to fling your feces at one another.
>>
>>63902185
What does glib fascimile even mean?
>>
>>63902185
I actually just post my real opinions here
>>
>>63902185
>shit up a creek
Are you from the American south? I knew a few people from there and they always twisted the expression like that.
>>
You're literally just pissing into the toilet mate. Your words reach no one.
>>
>>63902185
I only troll to piss everyone off for my own amusement.

Yes I am from reddit btw.
>>
>>63902277
shallow copy yo
>>
>>63902277
It means we reddit now.
>>
>people are this buttmad because jj abrams made a shittier star wars movie than 1-3 combined
OT is discussed to death, TFA isn't worth discussing, if a little retrospective on the Prequels triggers you then theres a website you belong on
>>
>>63902339
>Yes I am from reddit btw.

redundant. it's painfully obvious from the first sentence.
>>
>>63902185

I agree
>>
>>63902277
Glib means "shallow" or "poor".
Facsimile is often shortened to "fax" and ultimately means "copy".

He was saying that TFA was a poor, shallow copy of ANH.

My stance on it is that TFA worked so hard at correcting the many mistakes of the prequel trilogy that it managed to lose focus and fail on many other aspects. While the dialogue and acting were major improvements over the PT (which may only tell you just how godawful the PT was) the story itself really did end up being a shallow copy of ANH, and JJ's obvious agenda pushing (the current year aside) ultimately distracted from the overall experience.

TFA ended up being nothing more than a work of fanfiction starring a female character who was so strong that she made Wesley Crusher look like a flawed, relatable protagonist by comparison.
>>
>>63902316
I'm from the south and every time I hear the phrase it's "up shit creek". Not sure where the fuck "shit up a creek" came from and I've never actually heard it myself.
>>
We're just trying to have fun, chill the fuck out.
>>
>>63903617
I heard it from some people from Alabama. It's retarded at any rate.
>>
If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>63903711
>Alabama
Say no more anon. I'm sorry I doubted you.
>>
>>63903723
>attacking the use of the word "contrarian" because it's a meme word
>tells somebody to kill himself in the same post

wew
>>
File: shamking_my_head.png (78 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
shamking_my_head.png
78 KB, 600x600
>>63902315
Probably because you're too fucking shy and scared of conflicts to share them outside of 4chan f@m
>>
>>63902315
i do that too it feels weird
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.