[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I actually liked after seeing her when she was wearing the helmet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 2975396-rey2.jpg (34 KB, 1043x433) Image search: [Google]
2975396-rey2.jpg
34 KB, 1043x433
I actually liked after seeing her when she was wearing the helmet and eating that food like a little kid. Why did they ruin her?
>>
>>63901898
Agreed, that was some cute shit.
>>
Best part of the movie btw.
>>
>>63901898
>I like women better when they're acting like children

cunnyfag pls go.
On that note have you guys noticed there have been literally no cunny threads the past few days?
>>
>>63901898
Fell in love with her in that scene. The way she just pops on the helmet for no reason and just looks around. So fucking cute

Anyone have a screenshot of that?
>>
>>63901898
I thought it was cute, but relatively empty.

With Luke, we know his motivations to get off the planet. We know that he is a dreamer who believes that he doesn't belong where he is. I feel like that is not shown to us with Rey. Why does she wear the helmet? Is it to dream of flying among the stars? We are left only to assume.
>>
I thought it was a good way to imply she's longing for adventure, which then gives the moments she refuses to stay away from Jakku even more weight. Foregoing her own dreams to travel the stars shows she really is desperate for her parents to return, which then also makes it more powerful when Finn comes back for her.
>>
>>63904442
I'm pretty sure it was meant to hammer home that she was dreaming of adventure/escape. She looks up at a shuttle flyng across the sky at the same time.

It's sort of a metaphor for the movie itself and the audiences watching it.
>>
>>63904387
God /fucking forbid/ a lazily thought out Mary Sue show endearing character traits by which audiences can identify with. Isn't there a blogging hugbox you need to get back to?
>>
>>63904500
Boredom, maybe? She's living all alone out there, she doesn't seem to really have much to occupy her time not plucking parts.

>>63904565
>family abandons her on Jakku
>finally makes a friend
>he abandons her too
People can bitch all they want about her having abilities relative to her living out on a fucking scavenger planet and having a genetic predisposition towards strong Force abilities. That's still some harsh shit.

Even if that is a common Mary Sue trait - aw, FUCK.

Still love her though.
>>
>>63904671
Can you please stop parroting a word you heard a day ago?
>>
>>63905269
>MARY SUE IS A MEME >:(
What are you, some kind of shitskin? Is English not your first language or are you just grasping at straws to continue to flatter your own deteriorating self-regard? This isn't a new term by any means. Get gud, stupid fucking cunt.
>>
>>63904783
I don't dislike her, but I really wish they made her access her force abilities much slower instead of just suddenly ordering the stormtrooper to let her go.
>>
because they needed her to be a STRONG WOMYN CHARACTER and nobody these days actually knows how to do it because if they dare giving them actual flaws or shortcomings, they are labeled as sexists who are writing tropes.
>>
>>63904671
>traits audiences can identify with

like what? fucking eating?
>>
>>63905550
See >>63904565
Actually nah you're right, character traits implied through non-verbals is not a thing. Visual communication is a meme. Fuck movies.
>>
File: 1450665491637.webm (2 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450665491637.webm
2 MB, 720x304
For you, OP.
>>
>>63905707
>Eats and plays like an autistic child
No wonder /tv/ likes her. It all makes sense now.
>>
File: smiletroopers.jpg (26 KB, 469x225) Image search: [Google]
smiletroopers.jpg
26 KB, 469x225
>>63901898

Smile Troopers were cuter
>>
>>63905800
I miss the old helmets with the obnoxious amount of detail. The new helmets are just so lazy
>>
>>63905910
nah it's le ebin minimalist sleek and chic brer you just don't get it.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.