[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this masterpiece?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: just_fuck_my_poster_up.jpg (247 KB, 1125x1600) Image search: [Google]
just_fuck_my_poster_up.jpg
247 KB, 1125x1600
What does /tv/ think of this masterpiece?
>>
>>63897397
ah yes. a difficult, non-English black-and-white shakespeare adaptation from the 1950s. /tv/ will definitely have some great insights.
>>
>>63897397
I think you should fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>63897397
my favourite film of his (red beard may be better, though)
>>
>>63897397
One of Kurosawa's best flicks imo.
>>
>>63897397
>Cuckosawa

Overrated garbage by weebs that think they are smarter for liking aisan cinema
>>
File: kurosawa guide.png (682 KB, 1094x1698) Image search: [Google]
kurosawa guide.png
682 KB, 1094x1698
good one though maybe not the best Macbeth adaptation. all the weird trotting around in the fog was strange to me. watch more of his stuff, too
>>
>>63898145
I think you should take a noose, put your head through it, and fucking neck yourself you bitch.
>>
>>63897397
some days it's the only film I ever want to see Toshiro Mifune in: this one role.

not that I don't love Kikuchiyo in 7 Samurai and the bandit from Rashomon before it, or his Yojimbo charater, or his "modern day Japan" characters in The Bad Sleep Well or High & Low; it feels like this was the absolute perfect role for him, that everything was in sync for him to excel at this role.

in fact, I take back what I said earlier - this is his best role, and I'd rather see this Mifune movie before all others.
>>
>>63897397

TImely for me - picked it up on Criterion yesterday after watching the most recent Macbeth release.

Really enjoyed it - I liked the bloodlessness of the Lady M character and I enjoyed the mystical overtones of the fog. Not my favorite AK, but thoroughly enjoyed.
>>
>>63898074
>difficult
How is this film difficult? It's not even the kind of Japanese film where keeping track of the characters is difficult.
>>
>>63898074
kurosawa was a flickster and throne of blood is among his most accessible, and that's saying a lot. new to cinema bud?
>>
>>63898380

How to Get Into Kurosawa: Just watch his movies you stupid plebby reddit fuck
>>
>>63897397
It's great, but I still think yojimbo is his best
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.