[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Kylo Ren's lightsaber
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9
File: triplebladedlighstaber.jpg (17 KB, 570x285) Image search: [Google]
triplebladedlighstaber.jpg
17 KB, 570x285
Can we go back to how retarded this thing is?

>If a lightsaber hits the body of mini saber on the side you get your fingers cut off AND get impaled by a mini saber
>easy as to accidentally cut your wrist
>can't move it anywhere close to your body or else you'll impale yourself
>fire-bladed simply for cool factor
>easy to accidentally cut yourself while swinging
>added weight of 2 extra mini sabers
>could get caught/cut on stuff you didn't mean to
Lot of disadvantages just to be able to nonfatally stab people at close range.

Will the be a 4 bladed lightsaber in the inevitable episode 10?
>>
>>63896463
They aren't supposed to be light sabers. Kylo isn't able to make a fully functional lightsaber, that's why he has this one. And that's the reason he's so eager to get his hands on luke/vader's old saber.
>>
>>63896463
>I haven't seen the film
>>
>>63896640
They aren't supposed to be advantages*
dunno how i fucked that up.
>>
"This saber sucks!"
Goes on to cry about every criticism of lightsabers in general that have existed for over 40 years
>>
>>63896463
the perfect explanation is that it was made by an autist
>>
File: lol.gif (489 KB, 317x214) Image search: [Google]
lol.gif
489 KB, 317x214
>>63896463
>Emo kids goes full edge and shoots up the younglings
>Wears all black and mask because his hero did
>Makes edgy lightsaber so everyone will think he's cool
The worst part is that they can't recreate pic related with owtheedgesaber
>>
>>63896640
Why would he make a 3 bladed lightsaber if he couldn't make a regular one? Wouldn't you have to know how to make a regular one before making a mini one?
>>63896688
I did, yesterday.
>>63896725
It's a stupid concept but this one is arguably worse than Mauls.
>>63896732
The prop designer
>>
Except it's been demonstrated, over and over and over, that Kylo Ren and even amateurs who pick up a crossguard lightsaber prop never even nick themselves with the crossguard. It's even demonstrated in the movie that they have a practical use. He causes damage to Finn that he otherwise wouldn't have been able to cause.

Your argument about him making three lightsabers when he can't even make one isn't valid. He used a cracked Kyber crystal - presumably the one from Vader's saber - and the blade needed to vent excess energy to avoid blowing the hilt to shit. That's where the quillions come from. Every official material refers to them as both a crossguard and as vents for excess plasma.

All three "blades" come from one crystal.
>>
>>63896889
doesn't sell it for me
>>
>>63896463
>can we go back

We never stopped hating it

>inb4 "we"
>>
>>63896920
He can't contain the energy of the blade. The side blades are exhausts venting off excess energy

The entire point of the character is that he's a dumbass who doesn't know what he's doing. The design is a deliberate perversion of the standard lightsaber. It's not there to just look cool like Maul's saber.
>>
>>63896463
>fire-bladed simply for cool factor

Or he could be a edgy failure and fucked up making his lightsaber.
>>
>>63896920
It's a stupid concept sure. You know what else is stupid? Praying to a burnt helmet. Kid has issues what can I say?
>>
>>63897275
Franchises that have fan defending your own bullshit ideas are best franchises.

JJ nailed phishing for autists like you.
>>
>>63897211
Well 'amateurs' don't have a real lightsaber now do they?
He manages to barely burn Finn, big deal. It still would fall apart if you tried to block with the 'cross guard', half of it is fucking metal.

It makes sense that it needs to vent, but then it doesn't, because why wouldn't he just get or make another crystal? There's yet another plot hole.
>>
tbqhwy the hooded villain carrying a burning cross was about as subtle as the riot police stormtrooper beating up the black guy
>>
>>63897348
But he's right, this was perfectly explained and what's worse, it even works. The movie is full of plot holes and dumb shit, but this isn't one of those.
>>
>>63897211
Dubs for truth.
>>63897222
Trips for the proper response to sabershitters.
>>
File: 1iEjrTu.jpg (947 KB, 3024x4032) Image search: [Google]
1iEjrTu.jpg
947 KB, 3024x4032
>>63897391
Because the planet where the Star Killer base is located is Illum. The lightsaber crystals were all destroyed, and this is likely the only lightsaber that's been made since Luke's.

And no, half of it is not metal. Pic related, you fucking giant tit.
>>
File: 1448903183034.gif (239 KB, 300x401) Image search: [Google]
1448903183034.gif
239 KB, 300x401
>>63897348

I dunno he actually made a pretty good point. Story telling via imagery trumps practical realism any day of the week.

I also liked that Ren wore a mask purely for cool purposes rather than life support like vader did. It's an interesting contrast to someone who's trying to compensate for something in a contextual way.
>>
>>63897391
>It still would fall apart if you tried to block with the 'cross guard', half of it is fucking metal.
It happened quickly, but didn't Rey do exactly this?
>>
>>63896463
Saber is fine. Nitpicking small things that can be explained through plot devices such as the force, training, or other abilities is shitposting.
Bitching about the massive plot holes is something you should be doing, hell at the very least how the movie is a plot copy of episode 4 is a better discussion.
>>
After seeing the movie and understanding Ren's character better, the glitchy, fucked up try-hard lightsaber makes perfect sense.

The design went from stupid to an actual glimpse into the character's mind with just a little bit of actual context. Kylo made it look as "cool" as possible but wasn't even skilled enough to make a saber with a stable blade.
>>
>>63897581
No, she just cut his wrist. Novelization confirms the lightsaber is intact.
>>
>>63897518
>saber hits vent shroud, throws molten steel everywhere
>saber hits where the shroud meets the vent, lightsaber explodes
much better
>>
>>63897348
This explained in some of the side material and you can even see it in the movie. Watch the scene where him and Rey or Finn fight, you can tell instantly that his lightsaber is unable to hold a solid shape the way Luke's is.
>>
>>63897664
Or the metal is saber resistant like his armor.
>>
>>63897518
Wait, they destroyed Illum?
>>
>>63897348
>Stop thinking for yourself to explain and comprehend ideals and actions in a movie, everything has to be directly shown on screen and explained for it to be true.

Fucking stop posting
>>
>>63897722
That would make sense, but as you all have said it was a crap quality saber so I doubt it, though it does fit his character.
>>
>>63897348
You could be bitching about how a planetary weapon absorbs a sun without change in the gravitatory field of said weapon and to fire a slow ass death ray, but no, here you are posting about something that everyone that went to the movie already had read.
>>
like most edgelord basement dwellers he prefer looks over functionality
>>
File: unstable_lightsaber.jpg (163 KB, 820x500) Image search: [Google]
unstable_lightsaber.jpg
163 KB, 820x500
I thought the saber looked pretty stupid too. IMO if they wanted to show he was a noob at building stuff, they should have just made the blade look distorted
>>
his lightsaber is actually the coolest looking one in motion

thank you based JJ
>>
>>63897722
His armor isn't saber resistant, neither is Vaders, neither are the railings in the Emperor's throne room, or the railings in the Carbonite Freezing Chamber.

Lightsabers were only end all be all cut through everything devices in the prequels.
>>
>>63898096
they did that too, you turbo mongoloid.
>>
>>63897610
lol. Quillion didn't even work then.
>>
>>63898149
even more distorted than that you weasel whackoff
>>
>>63897722
>components visibly overheating just from being near blades
>saber resistant

Friend, please...
>>
File: limage01.jpg (32 KB, 800x449) Image search: [Google]
limage01.jpg
32 KB, 800x449
>>63896463

It's a satanic cross. Everything Christians do, jews invert.

No, I'm not making it up.
>>
>>63897607
Adding to this, I got the feeling he never actually used his light saber, which is why when he goes all 4chan mode he dramatically whips it out and slashes shit, because he wants to actually use the damn thing.
>>
>>63896463
>blade is ragged
That thing is clearly unstable as fuck. I'm going with the people who say they're vents to keep it from blowing his damn hand off.
>>
>>63897518
What book is this? I need it.

I fucking love those books with shit like that, characters and ships and blasters and crossviews of lightsabers.
>>
Him shoving the crossguard into Finn's shoulder sold it for me.
>>
it's not a crossguard

they're exit ports for excess energy

its an accidental by-product of a jenky crystal, not put there on purpose

>>63898698

its the saint peters cross you fucking retard and if anything the villain having a satanic symbol is pro-christian
>>
>>63898698
>cross of saint peter
There is no such thing as an inverted cross, you fucking imbecile.
>>
>>63899200
>>63899250
Oh, look!

IT'S THE DAMAGE-CONTROL JEW!
>>
File: 1429664512751.png (352 KB, 486x489) Image search: [Google]
1429664512751.png
352 KB, 486x489
>>63897518

>Accusing finger reinforces unquestioned authority
>>
>>63896463
Do the blades hold actual weight?
>>
>>63897518
>>63897211

Actual intelligent and correct response, thank you anon
>>
>>63899583
no
>>
File: 1409757982906.jpg (53 KB, 700x325) Image search: [Google]
1409757982906.jpg
53 KB, 700x325
Actually its not a crossguard whatsoever. They are two extra exhausts ports because he has a ghetto-saber. He wasnt able to build a proper saber because hes still basically a padawan. His saber is supposed to express his character, its got raw power and energy that is untapped. If he didnt have the exhausts ports itd be a hand grenade lmao.
>>
File: 1.1287325082.jpg (120 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1.1287325082.jpg
120 KB, 550x733
>>63899557
>implying Jews
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.