[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Star Wars: Episode IX - PART 1 >Star Wars: Episode IX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: pic.jpg (86 KB, 656x971) Image search: [Google]
pic.jpg
86 KB, 656x971
>Star Wars: Episode IX - PART 1
>Star Wars: Episode IX - PART 2

This is going to happen, isn't it? Every franchise splits their climax into multiple films, and Disney clearly wants to keep this going as long as possible. The only counter argument would be that "It's a trilogy", but producers don't give a shit. They'll just say it's still one movie, just in two parts.
>>
>>63895092
5 years tv series between VIII and IX, calling it now
>>
The two part will be episode VIII an IX
>>
Its only done with franchises that are based on books because they are "too long".

No excuse for the Hobbit though
>>
>>63895092
>This is going to happen, isn't it?
No. Guaranteed.

Screen cap this shit. I will literally eat my own shit on webcam if they do.
>>
Star Wars is never going away now, one movie a year, one live action series always on and same for a cartoon series
>>
File: 1431665047041.jpg (65 KB, 724x1103) Image search: [Google]
1431665047041.jpg
65 KB, 724x1103
No need, there's going to be a Star Wars movie every year for the next five years for sure and more than likely another 5 after that. Along with the fact all the money for Disney is really in the merchandising.
>>
Nah. They'll just make another trilogy.
>>
It would be IX and X. Star Wars is far too uniform to do that shit.
>>
>>63895092
They probably will. But they don't have to.

They'll green light EpX before they've released IX. People haven't begun to realise how fucked this franchise is.
>>
Seems unlikely, since they've got all those spinoff movies coming out

but if they did, I'm prefer them to just call part 2 episode X
>>
>>63895308
And that's why people will get sick of it and eventually become shit.
>>
>>63895456
>>63895344
>>63895338

It will happen because they are doing one every year. No need to write another story or cast new people for another spin off. No need to run a new marketing campaign to excite people about new characters or adventures. All the creative work is done already in the previous films.
>>
File: 1436037817908.jpg (42 KB, 430x430) Image search: [Google]
1436037817908.jpg
42 KB, 430x430
>>63895591
>he doesn't think they're not going to milk the new cast members for at least a decade
You're a fucking simp
>>
>>63895092
Well they aren't advertising TFA as episode VII so it won't be episode IX pt 1 and 2. It will be Star Wars [Insert Title] pt 1 and 2 and yes that will probably happen
>>
>>63895092
I think Disney realizes fans like the trilogy format. After Episode IX they will probably have an extra year or two wait before Episode X, with an extra spin-off bridging the gap.
>>
>>63895092
im ok with this as long as im provided with decent star wars movies, call me a normie, but the excitement of going every year to the theatre is enough
>>
>>63895591
>It will happen because they are doing one every year.

Source?
>>
>>63895092

Their current release schedule doesn't have IX in two parts but you certainly can't rule it out
>>
File: star-wars-release-dates.jpg (70 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-release-dates.jpg
70 KB, 1000x666
>>63896130

There's also a boba fett movie slated for after IX but it's had some issues with creative clashes or something
>>
>>63896234
fuck yeah son
>>
File: 1440657235971.jpg (1 MB, 4092x2893) Image search: [Google]
1440657235971.jpg
1 MB, 4092x2893
>>63896234
>it's had some issues with creative clashes or something
Josh Trank was originally attached to director, but in the middle of the Fantastic Four shooting (or reshoots I think) they dropped him because of all the shit he had swirling around him. Don't even know if it'll be a Boba Fett movie anymore, since that was all the work Trank was doing.
>>
>>63896422
It would of been pretty good if the studio gave him full control over the project. Trank is alright in my books. The F4 movie sucked but it was the studios fault
>>
I don't think you can split an episode in two
>>
>>63896486

Harry Potter, Twilight and Hunger Games all did it
>>
>>63896422
order 66
>>
>>63896422
I've been hearing about McGregor returning for a Obi-Wan story between III and IV. That depends on if Disney feels they've distanced themselves enough from the prequels to bring back an actor after a few films though.
>>
>>63896504

None of those were episodes.
>>
>>63896475
I'm not as apt to give Trank as much leeway, especially since he showed competence with Chronicle to a point, enough to handle a basic FF reboot. Guy was doing way too much xanax and other shit that stopped him being effective, the rental he trashed speaks a lot about his character and maturity as a person.
>>
>>63895092
The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi were practically Part 1 and 2. There's no fucking point to it.

Most two-parters have been adaptations of books. The Hobbit even got three, which was unnecessary as fuck...

I heard they were doing it with Civil War but I hope they backed out. Just make it two different movies, goddamn people.

Same with Star Wars. All we need are three movies. Maybe more if we go for another trilogy.

(Spinoffs are okay... I guess... but really fucking pushing it.)

But seriously, they'd better fucking deliver each time.
>>
>>63896585
Book series are nothing more than episodic novels. Nothing special about them. Disney is doing it for coming Avengers movies too. Breaking Bad did it for their final season.
>>
>>63896585

'episode' is just a semantic, it doesn't make a difference
no other franchise refers to individual movies as episodes but they're still just movies in a series
Why can't you break an episode into two parts? They can pull all the bullshit of 'this episode's story was too big and long to fit into one movie'
>>
>>63896575
>McGregor
Well I read in an article today he actually did one line of dialog during the vision sequence that they paired together with a partial piece of Alec Guinness's dialog.

http://time.com/4156306/ewan-mcgregor-obi-wan-force-awakens/
>>
File: 1435708474909.jpg (77 KB, 640x636) Image search: [Google]
1435708474909.jpg
77 KB, 640x636
>>63896687
>'this episode's story was too big and long to fit into one movie'
They will just make another episode or trilogy, heck maybe they'll do something other the trilogy formula eventually, but they won't make multi-part episodes. You've got autism coming out you fucking ears.
>>
>>63896234
>every 2 years

I would've preferred a 3 year gap, like the last two trilogies, but I guess that's okay.

The fuck is Rogue One and "Star Wars Story"?
>>
>>63896687

I dunno it just doesn't seem right to me...

If it's already titled as an episode it doesn't sound right. 'Star Wars: Episode 8 - part 1 to Episode 8 - part 2' doesn't have a slick ring.
>>
>>63896957
>The fuck is Rogue One and "Star Wars Story"?
Spinoffs, self contained films that exist in the Star Wars universe. Rogue One will be about how the Rebellion stole the plans for the first Death Star.
>>
>>63896957
Rogue One is a movie about an x-wing squadron that takes place between episode III and IV that's filming now.

Star wars story is another spin off that that is undetermined. Either a solo Kenobi film or a solo Boba Fett film.

Or maybe that long rumored 7 samurai remake with Jedi.
>>
>>63897251
I thought the second story was confirmed for Han Solo origin story?
>>
>>63895092
>clearly wants to keep this going as long as possible
>so they'll split the last one in two

or they could just, idk, keep on making more episodes. Not to mention all those origins and spinoffs. Idk what would make you think that Star Wars is going to end any time soon
>>
>>63897328
Maybe. No decisions have been made yet and they'll all probably end up getting made anyway.
>>
>>63896797
>You've got autism coming out you fucking ears.

How? It's a common business trend at this point to split up the final movie in a 'trilogy' into two separate parts. The fact you instantly disregard the notion star wars could do this is more autistic than anything I'm saying
>>
>>63896234
That reminds me what happened to bobby feta in TFA? I didn't see him as I expected to see him?
>>
File: 1444871245296.jpg (1019 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1444871245296.jpg
1019 KB, 960x1280
>>63897377
No man, it's common business when they're dealing with adapting one fucking book and want to split it into more. The benefit to Star Wars is they can say, "oh this time instead of making a trilogy it's a quadrilogy'. That's it, no need for splitting up numbers. You're just being a baiting tard or actual tard.
>>
>>63895291
>Its only done with franchises that are based on books because they are "too long".

Ironic, considering those doubled-up movies always feel way too long and full of filler and would have been better just as a slightly longer single movie instead of doubling the length across two movies.
>>
>>63897251

I'd rather see that samurai 7 jedi movie. Sounds awesome.

Boba Fett is fucking overrated. The guy has line what, 2 lines in the OT? And some shitty lines in the PT. I dont see whats so great about him.
>>
>>63897497
that's a dude right?
>>
>>63895092
well, they don't have to do that, since they are already releasing a star wars film each year (counting "anthology" films like next year's rogue one)
they're being careful not to alienate the fanbase, shrouding their well-crafted generic trash while pretending they're doing us a favor
they wouldn't want to break the illusion
i really enjoyed TFA btw
>>
>>63896234

I can't wait for Star Wars Story. It was the best part of the EU
>>
>>63895519
>eventually
>implying TFA isnt already shit
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.