[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So this was really mediocre, right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: 1440965849641.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1440965849641.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
So this was really mediocre, right?
>>
World building was shit but the effects were bretty gud
>>
It's good but not amazing. Fitting movie for the Star wars franchise. Quality-wise it's located between the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy, but way closer to the original trilogy.
>>
>>63893241
It was good, except in any scene with Rei in it. The actress was so bad it physically made me cringe at times
>>
it's an okay action movie. it's not at all star wars though. star wars (OT atleast) is quite an elegant organic thing with a earthy, mythical quality to it.

the only thing that makes it feel star wars is that it's dressed up in star wars clothes and rips off its plot beats with no understanding of why they worked so well.
>>
>>63893241
I dare anyone to admit they would have watched in theaters this very movie if there was't STAR WARS in the title.
>>
Jesus, yes.

Bad characters, disgustingly underwhelming soundtrack, rehash story, meh action.

Pretty much the only good character, Poe, had 10 minutes of screen time total. The only thing it had going for it was the CGI, it was good.

I really don't see how this movie is getting such good reviews.
>>
>>63893241
The movie dropped the ball when it came to establishing the state of the galaxy at large and the size and strength of the two sides fighting.
Also the main character isn't ever challenged or has to rely on her friends for anything.

Both of these things the Original Trilogy managed with ease, but otherwise the movie is enjoyable.
>>
>>63893241
i consider my self super big star wars fan read ever EU book they made.

I have to say it was not as good as i expected it to be considering what jj did for star trek, which i am not a fan of.

I have to admit that JJ did a much better job at star trek than he did star wars.

I left the theater feeling dissatisfied a longing for a for more.
>>
>>63893584
Niggerman was pretty good, the smallest bit of sentimentality in a mostly soulless movie. JJ needs to stay away from movies that sell themselves on heart, even if he's good with action.
>>
>>63893711
Ooga was okay, but I feel like that plays a strong role in why people thought he did 'good'. Everyone here, willingly or not, had a premeditated notion that he would be awful because of all the meme's. Coupled with the fact that 95% of the actors gave a mediocre performance, he just stands out that much more so it seems like he did well in the grand scheme.

In reality, I think he did alright, way better than everyone else, and better than I expected, but not "Good".
>>
>>63893810
Maybe, I can't deny I didn't expect him to be charming or convincingly sentimental in the slightest. Still the best character in the movie, Daisy Ridley was given shit to work with and Oscar Isaac wasn't given anything at all.
>>
>>63893711
He was good but i feel like he's way too damn ugly to be the protagonist. Rey falls in love with his niggerdick the moment she sees him even though he's at the lowest tier of nigger: subsaharan
>>
>>63894003
wont happen but if by any miracle they don't make Rey likes' daughter (therefore Kylo cousin) they can pair her up with that childish psycho and neglet the white pussy to Finn
>>
>>63894089
I'm thinking a Prince Zuko sort of thing will happen between the 3, Rey will get all empathetic and near-romantic with Kylo until Kylo betrays her and then she tries to get revenge until Luke or Unga Bunga tells her that revenge isn't the jedi way
>>
>Poe was the best character but hardly had any lines or screen time
>Shit like Rey, Finn, and Kylo were the entire focus

What the absolute fuck. Someone had shit priorities here.
>>
>>63894234
what if...

Rey and Kylo are actually cousins
They ain't giving shit and incest
Both switch fully to dark side
Jedis crumble
For once the bad guys win
(Finn is the "fairy helper" in all this, being a double agent still entrenched with First Order from the beginning)
>>
File: rey.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rey.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>63893241
Why did Rey have an English accent (Empire accent really) when raised by brutal aliens on Jakku.
>>
It is the Marvelization of the Star Wars universe/franchise.

>Star Wars: Deflecting blaster bolts.
>Marvel: Freezing blaster bolts in mid air.

>Star Wars: Droids are machines. If they're carrying secret plans, any technician can extract those plans.
>Marvel: Droids can place themselves in "low-power" mode and then you can't get any intel out of them until they magically come back (when the writer needs them to).

>Star Wars: Light sabers are tools or weapons. In Episode 4, Luke picks up his father's light saber, switches it on and... cool shiny blue energy weapon.
>Marvel: Rey touches Luke's light saber and gets a bunch of (magical) Luke-related force visions.

>Star Wars: The force involves training, requires an instructor, and takes time to develop.
>Marvel: The force is a super power that manifests in response to some traumatic event and transforms you in a dramatic instant--just when you really need it.

>Star Wars: "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
>Marvel: Sure they've got a big planetary defense shield, but we're going to travel through it in hyperspace and come out of hyperspace between the shield and the planet. On my mark Chewy, one, two, three, now!

>Star Wars: General Solo leads a sizable Rebel Ops team to Endor to infiltrate the base and lower the shields so that the fighters can destroy the super weapon.
>Marvel: Old General Solo takes a wookiee and one grunt to do the same.

>Star Wars: The Death Star.
>Marvel: Star Killer Base.

>Star Wars: Light saber duels end when somebody loses a limb or two (or three).
>Marvel: People get hit with light sabers regularly, and they take a dramatic pause to reflect on the situation. The duel only ends when a seismic event creates a big chasm between the two combatants.
>>
>>63893711
His character was poorly written. Defects for no well portrayed reason expect through one muh PTSD scene and literally one line of dialogue where he explains his past.
>>
big fan of the OT here,
hate the new movie, way to many shortcuts used.
In my opionion this is worse then the prequels, it doesnt have a star wars feel to it, saw nothing new. Star Wars is meant to dazzle, this is just a rehash of the previous.
the plot didnt make much sense, just a new hope again.
instant force powers? everyone can use a light saber? yet another death star? where did the defeated empire "new order" get those resources from?
no one knew of this? they use a WHOLE FUCKING PLANET, only when it starts killing off planets people go "hey, thats wierd"
also the millenium falcon can be beat arround as much as you want, only one pipe will start leaking NP.
and starships can be boarded or started without any security / key.
and black stormtroopers will instantly be normal again after a few hours, the years of brainwashing have no effect.
Oh and bowcaster blasts cant be stopped in time like the blast in the beginning.

movie sucked
JJ fucked this up as hard as the giant plot holes in star trek. (no orbital defences on vulkan / earth?)
>>
>>63893241
Eh, it was ok, 7/10

Suffers from massive amounts of fridge logic though
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.