[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How bad was her acting?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4
How bad was her acting?
>>
the way she runs is distracting
>>
>>63892311
she was actually pretty good.
>>
Not that bad 2bh. Certainly not great though.
>>
>>63892363
There was that part in the trailer where she's making retarded faces while firing a blaster tho
>>
>>63892311
that part when shes gushing to han about the history of the millenium falcon nearly made me leave my seat
>>
>>63892311
she was great 2bh familia
>>
>>63892311
Stiff/10
>>
>>63892424
What kind of face would you make in a firefight?
>>
Shockingly good.

Not "shockingly good" as in "exceptionally good", mind you, but "shockingly good" as in "I thought she was going to suck more than a ladyboy prostitute but turned out actually decent".

I guess there's the whole Mary-Sure thing where she's competent at everything she tries, but that's the writing, not the acting. She played up the perfect combination of wariness, adventurousness, innocence and hopefulness. She's very much like Luke, but less whiny, which is fine by me.

Here's to hoping they make up for the "I'm good at everything" asspulls by revealing that she's NotRevan and was actually a Knight of Ren whose mind got wiped by Luke, and is also Luke's daughter, which is why Luke looks so conflicted upon seeing her at the end.
>>
>>63892502
>bragging about things you didn't do
>>
>>63892311
I didn't think her acting was bad at all. It was the shit writing that Daisy had to work with that brought her character down.
>>
>>63892655
No, it was definitely her acting. She's awful.
>>
Besides taking a nap during her fight with Kylo and attempting to look sad with Leia after Han's death she was ok.
>>
>>63892311
she was great!!!

a new star has borned!!! screencap this
>>
>>63892641
>defending Disney
>>
>>63892655
>shit writing
I don't think that works this time around.

Still liked her though.
>>
>>63892707
Nah brah. She was good. You're just being contrarian because of her Mary-Sue writing. She did fine with her material.
>>
Star Wars is full of shitty acting, why pick on Daisy?
>>
>>63892311
she's both endearing and likeable, i went with low expectations and left the theatre with a new waifu
>>
>>63892311
I'd poo in her loo.
>>
>>63892362
In a sexy way? Or a "she looks like a retard" way?
>>
>>63892502
why do americans always leave the theatre when they are upset about a movie, are you all that spoiled and pussified? no wonder why is usa so fucked in every aspect
>>
Bland. She isn't so much a character as she is a vehicle for feminist ideology and plot. She's absolutely a mary sue.

She has some weird mouthbreathing issues that are distracting. She's unattractive. No Charisma. Her lines are delivered with no emotions other than slightly shifting moods such as 'being a strong woman', 'realizing i am goku', and 'having my mouth open and looking distraught'.

Anyone who says she's good is a shill. Boyega was terrible as well. These characters will be forgotten and tossed out for better ones as the series goes on. Kylo, Leia, BB, Magic Old Man, Chewie and Poe will stay as main characters.
>>
>>63892311

Her acting was fine. I'm not sure what people are talking about. She wasn't mind blowing, but I don't think she was BAD.
>>
>>63892311
I was pleasantly surprised with how not terrible she was. Everyone gave a better performance then anyone from the prequels.
>>
>>63893581
better than ewan and ian?

highly doubtful
>>
Theres one scene where she puts on a scavenged pilots helmet while shes eating and another instant where she cutely closes one eye while pretends to aim a blaster and those were the only two moments in the movie where the writers even attempted to have her convey any likability at all
>>
>Every word of mouth and review i've read say Boyega nailed it as finn.

>/tv/ btfo
>>
>>63893079
I'm British senpai
>>
>>63894422
who are you quoting?
>>
>>63892311
she didn't changer he accent which was alright
why did they make boyega force an american ebonics one though?
>>
>>63894561
>He thinks arrows are only for quoting

How long have you been here?
>>
>>63892925
JJ is just as bad at characters as George, he just doesn't try as hard
>>
It was good and I like Boyega's as well, it wasnt their fault some of the 'funny' scenes fell a bit flat, it was more hit than miss though. Adam Driver was good too.
>>
>>63894658
longer than you it seems
>>
>>63892311
It was really fucking bad, she was saying her lines but all I could hear was "IM ACTING".
>>
>>63894729
You've never been longer than anyone, and you know it.
>>
The more she cries
the harder my penis gets
>>
She was good. Carrie Fisher was just the worst, had an annoying Holly Hunter/Jodie Foster accent.
>>
>>63892619
A concentrated facial expression.
>>
>>63893046

definitely the latter

there was one scene where she was running towards the camera and I about burst out laughing at how stupid she looked.
>>
>>63896675
That sleek figure moved like a gazelle in heat. hot damn
>>
>>63892311

She was pretty good, actually. The issues I have are more with how her character was written.
>>
File: 1445397180712.jpg (55 KB, 522x727) Image search: [Google]
1445397180712.jpg
55 KB, 522x727
>>
>>63892311
About as bland as new hope mark hamil. To be fair though, the movie intentionally left out character details to be revealed in the next 2 movies which made it hard to understand her character motivations.
>>
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 500x366
>>63892311
>finishes han's sentences
>uses force techniques for the first time and it works
>dont let her run around for like 3 mins she'll get strong guise

Kill me
Overall 7/10 acting otherwise>>63892311
>>
>>63892362
fucking this, she runs like a retard and grimaces the whole time. her chasing after finn was fucking hilarious because she makes the xenomorph face the whole time
>>
>>63892502
DIS IS THE MILLENIAL FALCON
OI YOU FOOKIN CUNT YOURE HAN SOULO
>>
Post pictures of Daisy doing her stupid grin.
>>
>>63895041
This.

That dialogue between her and Ford was absolutely cringe worthy.
>>
>>63900440
>Han: Leia! Our son is evil!
>No reaction from Leia

>Han: Leia! I died!
>No reaction from Leia
>>
File: stephen_king_68032.jpg (27 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
stephen_king_68032.jpg
27 KB, 600x300
>>63892311
>>
>>63892311
As bad as Amidala for 90% of the movie.
>>
>>63892311
She was great, actually.
>>
>>63900729
Portman's acting wasn't bad, she was just fed bullshit for a script.
>>
i enjoyed her and mostly everyone's performance in TFA. driver i wasn't entirely convinced about, but on a second viewing, it felt better.
>>
It was good thigh she sounds like literally every British chick ever.
>>
>>63902447
Driver pulled it off really well considering he's the most complicated character in all of the Star Wars movies so far.
>>
>>63892311
She was pretty great actually.
>>
>>63900892
>>63902901
>Daisy continues to damage control
You were terrible
>>
>>63892311

She was great. I thought she carried that shit movie with a genuine sense of astonishment and wonder at what was going on around her. Without her performance the movie would have been some dumbass fan fiction.
>>
It wasn't, and that's coming from someone that didn't enjoy the movie. She played her part well, it's just her part/dialogue were garbage.
>>
Sorry guys, I'm attracted to her. She's not good looking. but she's cute as heck
Her acting was maybe a 7.3/10 otherwise
Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.