[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HUGE FUCKING PLOT HOLE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: starwarswhoissnoke.jpg (152 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
starwarswhoissnoke.jpg
152 KB, 600x450
Snoke looks old as fuck. Not sure how old he is, but he's clearly over 30 years old. So this leaves the question, where was he during the events of the original trilogy or even the prequels?

How can he be so powerful in the dark side of the force if all that info died with Sheev?
>>
A question for another time.
>>
>>63890737
wait for the sequel
>>
where is jar jar during the OT?
>>
there are going to be two more films, ya big dummy

all will be explained
>>
You posted the answer

He's Plagueis, used the dark side to become a force lych instead of a pussy force ghost
>>
File: tumblr_nnugwsaGOA1rfqutoo2_500.png (93 KB, 500x422) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnugwsaGOA1rfqutoo2_500.png
93 KB, 500x422
>>63890771
>>63890772
>>63890813
ANSWER THE QUESTIONS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>63890865
dumb frogposter
>>
He's of an alien species that just looks really old by human standards, he's only in his 30s.
>>
>>63890737

He is, in fact, over 1000 years old.
>>
>>63890737
I saw a pic from one of the books and it said Snoke saw the rise and fall of the empire, so he was around between episode III and VI at least
>>
>>63890737
He smoked too much as an angry teenager
>>
>>63891089
>He is, in fact, over 1000 years old.

source????????/!!
>>
>>63891056
>really old by human standards, he's only in his 30s.

>implying he isn't millions of years old thanks to achieving force immortality
>>
>>63890813
People that play was egg
>>
>>63891158
It takes his home planet a very long time to orbit it's sun.
>>
so 30 is really old now? guess ull be calling daisy grandma in 6 years
>>
abrams does need to worry about little things like his movie actually making sense because rian johnson and colin trevorrow are going to taking care of it for him.
>>
There are literally tons of ways to explain this "huge plot hole"

The simpliest being that Palpatine was too powerful and forced him into hiding, Snoke filled the power vacuum.
>>
>>63890737
>where was he during the events of the original trilogy

Somewhere else

doing other things
>>
>>63891710
That doesn't explain why we've never heard of him before
>>
>>63891561

I'm so fucking worried about when its Colin's turn. Jurassic world was so horseshit
>>
The real question is: since he is an hologram, is he really a big guy or is just his hologram a big hologram guy?
>>
>>63891776

He was hiding?
>>
A better question is where did all these first order chuckleheads come from since they would have all been babies at best during the fall of the empire.
>>
>>63891816
So he hides then suddenly becomes the respected head of the last remnants of the empire ?

I don't think the empire is a tribal society where you just kill chief bignigga to become the new chief
>>
>Sheev gets thrown down into the big power engine hole whatever

>Luke's blue lightsaber gets tossed down a similar hole

They found the lightsaber. Maybe someone found Sheev?

Although it's weird that Han and Leia speak about Snoke as if he's just a well known, normal enemy leader.
>>
>>63890737

Smoke is clearly Sheev, he just got all fucked up when he fell.
>>
I always wondered where the fuck the other sith were in the original? Did Sheev hunt them too?
>>
>>63891906

Assuming he's a sith, why not?

Basically every Jedi and Sith in the setting is important in politics, we also never heard of Dooku but he comes out of nowhere in episode 2
>>
>>63891777

His shitty little indie film is still better than anything J.J. has ever made and probably as good as anything Riann Johnson has made.

Although, yeah, he's not exactly a visual dynamo.
>>
>>63891906

He hides from a powerful dark side force user

That force user gets thrown down a big hole

Then there's light side force users being trained by some amateur, Snoke calls to them across the interminable gulfs of space and seduces them to the dark side because there's no opposition
>>
retconned Darth Plagueis Jabrams edition
>>
>>63891785

For you
>>
>>63891942
They died because retarded Sith practice of killing their masters
>>
That's not a plot hole you gigantic fucking aspie
>>
>>63891390

> The Jedi shit all happened maybe 30 years before she was born.
> Doesn't believe it was true.

Seriously what the fuck. That isn't long enough for things to become legends, hell there are probably a zillion galactic citizens who were around during the entire sextilogy run who experienced Jedi shit.
>>
Snoke is part of a small-statured, weak and dying outer rim race that Sheev taught in the ways of the dark side. He chose them because they were the most anger-filled and easily manipulable race he could find.

They'll be destroyed and Kylo will sacrifice himself in a last heroic act, ending the dark side entirely.
>>
>>63891942
There are no other sith, the rulme of 2 states that there can only be one apprentice and one master at the same time, until the apprentice eventually kills the master

Dooku did have an apprentice in TCW but she renounced the siths and became a bounty hunter
>>
>>63891118
common knowledge
>>
>>63890853
except he's a pile of ash in Sheev's apartment.
>>
>>63890737
>he's clearly over 30 years old
>I understand alien physiology
>How can he be so powerful in the dark side of the force if all that info died with Sheev?
>All that info
what info? everything about the force is just cryptic bullshit about being true to yourself about how much of a nice guy/asshole you are. Everyone can guess that shit, they just have to believe it.
>>
>>63891942
A Sith lord started the practice of the "rule of two" with there only being a master and an apprentice because the top gun Sith got fed up with all his subordinates falling all over each other with plots and intrigue.
>>
I hope Snoke is actually as big as his hologram made him. That'd be cool as hell.
>>
He's a fucked up clone of sheev
>>
>>63891089
Snoke is actually 4 billions years old. He fought against titans in olden times side by side with the Old Force Gods. There's talk about a prequel which will explain his rise and fall from grace
>>
>>63892217
That would be fucking awful... and yet as likely as plagueis
>>
>>63892211

It would make the fight if there is one really awkward
>>
>>63892110
What about Dooku and Maul both being under Sheev at the same time?
>>
>>63892080
You can't end the siths, much less the dark side considering there are entire worlds full of sith artefacts that corrupt visitors just by them being there
>>
He's going to be original: the character, since it's been at least 30 years since ROTJ.
>>
This is definitely one thing VII couldve taken from IV, theres too many sequel hooks. All the movies feel like their own little contained movie despite being connected and highly anticipated. VII leaves to many things unanswered and has probably the worst ending of the saga. Worse than the original Yub Jub VI ending and Gungan Festival
>>
>>63891785
What if he's an EVEN bigger guy than his hologram!!??!!?
>>
>>63892338
That's EU.
>>
>>63891959
I guess they are introducing agents of the Dark and Light side of the Force which are not affiliated with Sith or Jedi now? I don't know, I didn't watch it.
>>
>>63892410
It's not like there's anything that contradicts it in the canon
>>
>>63890737
Snoke is playing the long game. The Empire lasted a few decades at best with a few real Sith and a bunch of wannabes. Snoke seems less interested in ruling the universe and just wants the Jedi dead. He let them play with their laser swords til there were only a few left then he came in to stamp out the survivors. They did most of the work for him all he had to do was wait then strangle the new jedi order in its crib.
>>
>>63890813
Probably was one of Naboo's senators

reminder that it was Jar Jar who gave Sheev emergency powers
>>
>>63892332
Hedging his bets., probably.
The rule of two was made because Sith kept killing each other and ganging up on their strongest people. So they made up that rule to keep the weak from taking over. But a Sith lord is still untrustworthy so of course he'd break that rule.
>>
>>63892338
>You can't end the siths
They already did, at the end or ROTJ.

The Sith are gone, forever, deal with it.
>>
>>63892452
There's nothing to support it either. Star Wars was always about the triumph of good over evil. Evil will lose.
>>
>>63890737
He's from another galaxy.
>>
Snoke has a mystical quality which Sheev completely lacked. Actually Sheev was kind of a vulgar, dumb asshole. I hope Snoke never uses stupid shit like light sabers or force lightnings, he has to be above that.
>>
>>63892079
This is one of the plotholes that can be adequately explained. She lived on a backwater ass desert planet her whole life. They probably don't get too much info about anything there.
>>
>>63892653
>Snoke has a mystical quality which Sheev completely lacked. Actually Sheev was kind of a vulgar, dumb asshole.

0/10

>I hope Snoke never uses stupid shit like light sabers or force lightnings, he has to be above that.

But I do agree with this.
>>
File: Not plagueis.jpg (811 KB, 2448x2329) Image search: [Google]
Not plagueis.jpg
811 KB, 2448x2329
>>63890737
What Snoke was a qt.3.14 dark jedi GILF?
>>
>>63892471

This is what I'd do, for sure. Being an enigmatic sixth mastermind in the shadows beats blantantly exposing yourself to all your assailants like Sheev did. He was way too confident.

The fact this Snoke guy managed to survive without being sensed by any of the Jedi means he can't be overly powerful though, or if he is a disfigured Sheev, that would explain why noone detected him.
>>
>>63892592
The siths are gone until Disney decides to make sith toys

>deal with it
anon pls

>>63892613
I don't see how that's contradicted either
Evil loses but is an ever-present menace

Reminder that the witches of dathomir are canon for example
>>
>>63891777
>Jurassic world was so horseshit

I'm afraid you missed the point then.
>>
>>63892592
>The Sith are gone, forever, deal with it.

As long as their are force users in the galaxy and Sith holocrons, the religion can never die out.
>>
>>63892332
Because Jar-Jar was supposed to be the sith lord.
>>
Everyone stop referring to the Emperor as "sheev" (reee....). You may refer to him as The Emperor, Darth Sidius, or Palpatine. Never is he referred to as "sheev", even if it is his real name.
>>
>>63892731

Actually, toss my Sheev theory in the bin, I just remembered you see sheevs soul fly out of the hole he gets tossed down. That nigga dead
>>
>>63892815
Sheev
>>
>>63892815
Yeah where the hell did this come from?
>>
>>63892918
Because it's easier to type out than any of his other names. It's also a meme.
>>
>>63891942
There were the inquisitors but they probably all got killed off by the crew from SW: Rebels or Ezra was turned by them and he killed them all before becoming Snoke and starting the Knights of Ren, named after his qt gf Sabine Wren
>>
File: 1449896612907.gif (715 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1449896612907.gif
715 KB, 400x300
>>63892974
Not canon!
>>
>>63892918
>>63892974
>>63893027
It's from the CANON "Tarkin" novel you mongs.
>>
>>63893125
Citation needed
>>
>>63892815
calling the emperor, sheev is even wort than calling ISIS, daesh.
>>
>>63890737
Snoke is an ancient force user from before the time when the Light Side and Dark Side existed as concepts.

He's the sole survivor from an ancient war against a group of other Force anarchists, and he was among a small group who came up with the idea of the Light Side and the Dark Side, and the prophecy of balance to the Force, the idea being if Force users were pre-occupied with keeping themselves in check, they'd be too distracted to actually save/destroy the galaxy.

Snoke himself actually put forth the prophecy of balance, and waited out for a thousand years for the light side and the dark side to eventually destroy eachother, so he could rise up and conquer the galaxy unopposed.
>>
File: vader and sheev.jpg (24 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
vader and sheev.jpg
24 KB, 480x360
>>63892211
>I hope Sheev is actually as big as his hologram made him. That'd be cool as hell.
>>
>>63892405

oh SHIT

what if he's a hologram because he CAN'T ACTUALLY FIT INSIDE BUILDINGS
>>
>>63892815
I want all these tourists to leave.
>>
>>63893196
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sheev_Palpatine

Bottom of the page or just ctrl-f sheev
>>
>>63892753
>Sith holocrons
You'll never see that shit in a movie.
>>
So is Snoke basically like Thrawn?
>>
>>63892110
The rule of 2 is only that a Master can only have 1 apprentice and may not take on any new ones until the apprentice is Fully Trained Sith Lord. That what the fucking rule of 2 is you fucking morons.. Not only 2 Sith ever blah blah blah bullshit I have no comprehension skills faggots like you made up
>>
>>63891089
over 9000
>>
>>63890813
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdS2kCUGvfo
>>
guys, i can't wait 1.5 years

I NEED ANSWERS
>>
>>63893820
You're a retard

>The Rule of Two was a Sith philosophy mandating that only two Sith could exist at any given time: a Dark Lord of the Sith to embody power, and an apprentice to crave it.[
>>
>>63892410
Moraband and the tomb of Darth Bane are literally canon you faggot
>>
>>63893919
Don't worry anon, there will be canon books and comics in the mean time to fill the void and answer some questions!
>>
Snoke is punished Sheev. It's the aftermath of him being dropped into the generator.
>>
>>63893979

>books and comics
>EU

absolutely disgusting
>>
>>63893943
Don't even care about your copy n pasting skills. Also not canon.. Also you are a faggot
>>
>>63890737

He's Darth Plagueis.

>Sheev said he was so powerful he could manipulate the medichlorians themselves
>Sheev kills him
>His life force moves into the midichlorians
>Annakin is born with no father. Qui-Gon says he believes "The midichlorians gave birth to him"
>Annakin kills Sheev avenging his death

Everything in all seven films has been proceeding according to his design.
>>
>>63894015
>books and comics
>EU
Entirely important to SW as a whole to fill in minor details the movies gloss over or ignore completely (see: New Republic's stance on the First Order and why the Resistance exists as a small group)
>>
>>63894097
lol, no, he's not
>>
>>63890737
He's fucking darth plaguis you fuck bois
>>
>>63890737
Pretty sure either the TFA novel or the Vis Dick says he's existed for literal ages, seen the Empire rise and fall, all that.
>>
>>63894109
>Entirely important to SW as a whole to fill in minor details

So what were people enjoying from 1977-1983 without le ebin EU?

Your story should not rely on external material to be internally consistent.
>>
Maybe the point of the prequels was to create a huge plot hole for him to hide in.
>>
File: 1450559604226.jpg (102 KB, 720x490) Image search: [Google]
1450559604226.jpg
102 KB, 720x490
>>63890737
It's almost like Snoke is an old wrinkly white man whose time has passed... weak and shriveled and 4 feet tall... projects himself as giant hologram to intimidate the poor people of color who should throw off the shackles of white male oppression!
>>
>>63894208
It wasn't until the 90s when the franchise was starting to go stale and die that the EU was created to bring fresh life to it.
>>
>>63894189
He's Vader
>>
>>63890823
Have you seen Lost?
>>
Plaguies found a way to stop death. Literally all his cells remained alive and he grew into monstrous size.
thats why snooker is so big
>>
>>63894299
Your vader
>>
>>63890737
1. The Sith are not the only order of dark side users. Even in Disney canon, the Nightsisters and a few other organizations are floating around. Also Bane's Sith aren't the only Sith order, it's entirely plausible that others are around out there. For example, in the old canon the Prophets of the Dark Side were founded by a failed Sith apprentice.

2. These movies seem to be drawing heavily on KOTOR and Legacy era content, both of these place a lot of emphasis on the Unknown Regions.

3. There is a lot of weird shit in the Unknown Regions, the old canon was that the hyperspace anomalies that made navigation in the regions nearly impossible were created by the 'celestiasls', the Promethean race of the SW universe, to contain several major threats to the galaxy.

4. Some of the new EU material hints that the Empire found some powerful dark side shit out there.
>>
Of course there'll be plot holes you retard, do you know what a trilogy is?
Or do you think we knew who the fuck was Vader back in 77? Or what the clone wars was? Or who will train Luke after Kenobi's death?
>>
>>63892332
In the old canon, Darth Plagueis ended the rule of two after killing his master, believing that his generation of Sith would fulfill the prophecy and destroy the Republic so it was no longer necessary. Dooku, Jorus Cbaoth, and Sifo-Dyas were all being corrupted by Plagueis and Sheev even while Sheev was Plagueis's apprentice and Maul was Sheev's. Maul didn't know about Plagueis either.
>>
Snoke is actually older than time
>>
>>63894097
>>63894189
>Snoke teaches Kylo to control life
>Kylo resurrects his father for the dark side
>Han Solo fights and kills General Leia
Calling it!!!
>>
>>63894539
What if Plaguis = Sheev
Plaguis seeks strong force user and switch mind withthem while dying?
He found eternal life.
Maybe thats why he plants strong force user like anakin, to take their body id his death is near.
But thanks to the jedi luke and leia were born a bigger vessel for Plaguis.
Or maybe Sheev is the real sith, and plaguis, palpatine are just the former vessels.
>>
>>63894412
>3. There is a lot of weird shit in the Unknown Regions, the old canon was that the hyperspace anomalies that made navigation in the regions nearly impossible were created by the 'celestiasls', the Promethean race of the SW universe, to contain several major threats to the galaxy
Now this is what I'm talking about. I want a movie about this
>>
>>63894341
I wish I had my own Vader.

But hear me out. Darth Vader and Anakin were physically one person. When he died he was split into two being. Anakin represents the Light side while Snoke/Vader are the Dark Side. His face injures match the marks on Vader's mask
>>
>>63894756
Well Sheev did have clones in the EU and Disney has shown some willingness to plunder and play with certain aspects of the EU as they see fit.
>>
>>63894789
>wanting interesting things

Can't have that can we now
>>
>>63894756
In the old canon you are partly right. Plagueis spurred the force to create the chosen one because he wanted to essence transfer into his body and use its power to discover immortality and escape his lack of prophetic ability (which was his biggest weakness as a force user)

Sheev doesn't play second fiddle to anyone though so he murdered him once he found the chosen one and was elected supreme chancellor and intended to do the same with him until he got toasted. Sheev is a distinct human being with his own personal history as was Plagueis.
>>
>>63893943
palpatine broke it with Maul, Vader, and Dokuu
>>
They also mention CLONES in this...clearly Palpatine could have been cloned like EU
>>
>>63894989
>Plagueis spurred the force to create the chosen one

Cool head canon, but in the old EU the force created Anakin after it got pissed at the Sith. Plagueis could not create life and never has in any form of Star Wars.
>>
>>63891785
I think he's just overcompensating cause he's a fucking manlet alien kek. Like an evil Yoda.
>>
>>63895113
They mention it in the context of the clone army used in the Prequels, not to the idea of cloning one man a couple of times to escape death.
>>
>>63894412
>Prophets of the Dark Side
>founded by Darth Millennial

I laughed long and hard.
>>
>>63892918
it's goofy
>>
Snoke is not Plagus.

Snoke was an apprentice of Palpatine. Snoke tried to kill Palpatine, Palpatine fucked him up (the scars), Palpy thought he was dead, Snoke recovered during the OT, waiting for Palpy to be defeated by someone else.
>>
>>63891776
Youre just trolling at this point
>>
>>63894097
holy shit, if anikin was sheev's midichlorian spirit that would redeem the whole trilogy and midichlorian concept
>>
>>63895313
plagueis* (not sheev)
>>
>>63894866
Clones to prolong life, its just natural.
Disney should use this.

>>63894989
Was just an idea.
>>
>>63891776
Because JJ just came up with him recently.
>>
>>63895313
In the non-canon book, Plagueis is killed after Palpatine becomes Supreme Chancellor, which is after they meet Anakin.
>>
>>63891785
hes even bigger, the hologram is for modesty
>>
>>63895247
I don't think Snoke has any real force ability. He's just smoke and mirrors.
>>
>>63895427
In fact the story he tells Anakin about him killing Plagueis happens while Plagueis is still alive.
>>
>>63895667
I'm going to guess he is not a warrior. The original design for Yoda was a force guru. Someone who is knowledgeable in the force, but not much good in a fight.

I think Snoke will be the same, but for the dark side. The new EU books are already implying that he is from beyond the galaxy, and that that is where the dark side originates from.
>>
>>63895714
So what was plagueis doing while his apprentice was playing the entirety of the galaxy against each other ? Jerking off in the unknown regions ?
>>
File: 1447438496712.jpg (52 KB, 856x452) Image search: [Google]
1447438496712.jpg
52 KB, 856x452
>>63895667
>I don't think Snoke has any real force ability. He's just smoke and mirrors.

>There has been an awakening in the Force.... have you felt it?
>>
>>63895714
Only in the EU, fuck with your EU faggotry.
>>
>>63895779
Hiding so he didn't get fucked up by Palp
>>
>>63895802
Someone told him there was an awakening, he was asking Kylo to confirm if it was true.
What I mean is that Snoke isn't a sith lord, just force sensitive.
>>
>>63895852
>strongest force user in the galaxy
>hiding from his apprentice like a cuck

I'm glad he died
>>
>>63890813
in the end of ep6
>>
>>63895858
>Someone told him there was an awakening

Just stfu already, you were wrong, dont embarrass yourself any further with your horrible logic.
>>
>>63890737

Just because there is a rule of two, doesn't mean all sith have to abide by it. All it really takes for there to be a sith is a connection to the force and dark intentions. He probably was around back then, but didn't feel he needed to be bothered with palp and vader
>>
>>63895887
Palp basically killed him if we go by the movies. Him doing anything would have tipped Palpy off and gotten him killed for good, so he waited.
>>
>>63895925
That's literally what it was. Snoke is not a force user at all, it was a question to Kylo to confirm the rumour.
>>
>>63893943

thats a fucking stupid philosophy
>>
talking of plotholes, who was von sydow's character supposed to be?
>>
>>63896082
It's not when you consider siths were starting civil wars every 2 weeks to take power from each other
>>
>>63890737
you need to learn what a plot hole actually is m8.
>>
>>63896044
Then how the fuck is he going to train Kylo?
>>
>>63896084
Not having something we aren't meant to know yet explained isn't a plothole you idiot.
All we know is that he knows of Luke's true self, is pro-Jedi and respects? Leia.
>>
>>63896084
just some guy
>>
>>63896198
He's going to kill him, Kylo is of no more use.
>>
>>63890737
This is your idea of a plot hole?
How about the fact that the entire fucking point of Return of the Jedi was about "How do we get our fighters past that shield?" and then it turns out that a run of the mill hyperdrive every X-Wing has, aswell as the Millennium Falcon, can casually get past shields, nullifying any need of a raid on the shield generator, the involvement of the larger rebel ships, and pretty much everything else that happens after Han is rescued.
>>
>>63896288
Han said their shields were different. I forget what he called them, but that's how they handwaved that issue away.
>>
>>63896426
>You build massive battlestation
>There exists two versions of shields
>One cannot be circumvented unless you attack it directly at the generator
>The other can by hyperspaced behind
>You choose to go with the one that any ship can just casually fly past, nullifying it's only fucking purpose.
>>
>>63895045
He didn't, the apprentices existed during different times. Doku was taken in after maul's death (imo, maybe he was doing some shit on his own before, but format training started post mortem) and of course Vader killed Doku
>>
Snoke is Jar Jar
>>
>>63896568
>Maul's death

:^)
>>
>>63896082
In the EU (where this is from) it's stated that The Force is literally like The Speed Force is in DC Comics, meaning the more people are around who are using it, the less everyone can get of it.
Only exception, is that it's seperate for the Light and Dark Side. So while there and hundreds of thousands of Jedi out there, thinning out their power with the force, there should always be only 2 Sith, because then their power will be immense compared to any Jedi. (and they need a minimum of two, so their teachings can go on until "Once More the Sith shall Rule the Galaxy")

It's bullshit, but hey it's EU.
>>
>>63896702
EU exists to bail out Lucas's shitty writing
>>
>>63896788
I don't think anybody will disagree with you on this
>>
>>63896579
I was so blind for not seeing it
>>
>>63896084
Thats not a plot hole.
>>
>>63896788
Actually, the EU exists to make money.
It was basically what Hollywood is doing right now with the constant shit tier adaptations, sequels, prequels reboots and remakes.
Only it was for the book market, flooding it with pulp fiction, inspiring hacks to create more pulp fiction, and so on.
Now no one reads books anymore.
Now Star Wars might become the new top dog in the box office, and Hollywood will just stop making original movies all together.
Give it a decade, movies will be kill too.
Meanwhile video games are on the track to do the exact same, so maybe 2-3 decades for that, and it too will be dead.

What a time to be alive.

But hey one can hope that tabletop gaming will always be for sweaty nerds. Maybe they won't be able to take that away.
>>
>>63896977
It's a hole in the plot. Why did he have the map?
>>
>>63897090
He was a good friend.

Shitposting aside. It's probably one of those things J.J. likes to do, where the answer is: "Go read the wiki or some shit. Stop bothering me. I'm making ART."
>>
Why was there light when the sun got consumed?
>>
>>63891982
Is that indie film the meme movie classic "Safety Not Guaranteed?"
>>
>>63896998
Video games have been dead for a long time anon, the turning point being CoD: Modern Warfare
>>
>>63897227

i dunno probably like how we get light at night from the moon, retard
>>
>>63897090
But again, that's not a plot hole. The movie isn't about how he got the map. Po getting the map from him is the inciting incident.

I mean you don't know where Leia got the death star plans from, and it doesn't matter. Because the movie isn't about that.
>>
>>63897480
That's sunlight bouncing off the moon

But surely you knew that and were just funposting
>>
>>63897489
Leia got the plans from Bothan spies.
That old man got the map from Luke, so who is he?
>>
>>63897227
#FirstOrderFakedTheStarkillerAttack
#GovernmentCoverup
#SheevIsBehindItAll
>>
>>63897555
Bothans were with the second death star you mong. A rebel cell of humans (Rogue One movie) gets the plans for the first death star, then gives them to Leia.
>>
>>63897090
No it's not you fucking moron
>>
>>63890737
>old as fuck
>30
>>
>>63890813
He was probably a senator for Naboo, nearing retirement due to his old age.
>>
>>63897479
Triple A? Yeah.
Still, it hasn't gotten to the point where the market is so flooded with bullshit that absolutely nothing can get out that isn't shit, and it hasn't gotten cynically uninteresting to the point where people just don't bother with it anymore.
I'm talking full on collapse of the medium.
>>
>>63890737
The novelisation says he saw the rise and fall of the Empire.

I'm still calling Plagueis, or at a stretch a disfigured Sheev
>>
>>63897699
Literally anyone alive from ROTS to ROTJ saw the rise and fall of the Empire. That doesn't concretely mean it was Plagueis.
>>
>>63897600
It wasn't specified which set of plans we were talking about mate.
And it was Kyle Katarn that got the first plans.
>>
>>63896534
I understand your point, but I wouldn't call hyperdrive casual flying. They made it seem like no one even thought it would be possible without dying, even Han wasn't too sure when he tried it. But it did work, making it questionable that no one had tried it before.
>>
>>63897699
Probably one of Sheev's aids, the old guys with the furry hats.
>>
>>63894539
>Sifo-Dyas

Reminder the original name was Sido-Dyas but Lucas made a typo in one of the drafts and preferred it so kept it like that
>>
>>63897760
Not concretely sure, but at least we know he's got sith powers and was around pre-empire
>>
>>63897779
Kyle isn't canon anymore.
Leia did not get the plans for the second death star. Bothans found the build site for it and reported it to Alliance High Command, who then showed it to Leia.
>>
>>63895948
Snoak isnt Sith, the Sith arent the only users of the dark side of the force
>>
>>63897687
My cynical opinion is that the morons constituting our society will keep lapping up whatever shit the entertainment industry throws at them while calling decent games "nerd movies lol" so I don't see this business model ending any day soon, sadly
>>
>>63897791
I get your point too, but that's the thing.
How is this not a tested fact?
I mean yeah, no one tried it, but why?
Droids and droid ships are a thing in this universe?
Why don't the people manufacturing these shield generators get a few probes, program them to try and hyperspace behind it, and see if the shields stop the hyperdrive?

This is like one of the first things you would have to test for, when you're developing a shield which's entire purpose is keeping things out.
>>
>>63897968
Hell, let me add to that in addendum.
God forbid someone doesn't go after the base with lasers, but rockets.
Slap a mini-hyperdrive on the rocket, and it got past the shield.

Wouldn't you test for this if you're a weapons manufacturer?
>>
File: palpatine.gif (2 MB, 438x363) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.gif
2 MB, 438x363
>there are people who can't accept that Snoke is Plagueis
LMAO
>>
>>63897687
>and it hasn't gotten cynically uninteresting to the point where people just don't bother with it anymore.

Are you sure? Videogames in general are fading from popularity, to the point where only Fallout 4 and Star Wars were the two talking points for an entire year
>>
>>63898132
Again, I'm not saying it isn't dying, just that it's not dead yet.
Books still had a grace period where they still kicked a little bit. See Harry Potter for example.
It is only today that you first hear about books that came out last year until they get a movie adaptation because no one talk about them anymore.
>>
File: 1430794450505.png (6 KB, 200x153) Image search: [Google]
1430794450505.png
6 KB, 200x153
>snoke is basically just thanos
>>
>>63890737
If Pleguis was so powerful how could Sheev kill him?
And if is known by everyone that Sheev killed him, why everyone keeps saying Snoke is Pleguis?
>>
>>63898244
>evil guy sitting in chair started with thanos
>>
>>63898289
uh... yeah it kinda did
>>
>>63898257
His entire big thing was that he knew how to save people from dying. Not exactly crazy to assume he figured a way to save himself.

Would be easy to explain that he decided to let Sheev kill him so that he could go away, getting stronger and let Sheev fight the Jedi, until he comes back and dominates when they wipe eachother out
>>
>>63891089
Well over 1000. He's from a different galaxy
>>
>>63898056
I think the Star Wars universe is technologically stagnant with very few new inventions.
Basically, they know how to build the necessary shit, but they don't have the inventive spark.
I suspect it's the Force that's causing it, because all inventions are nothing in comparison to the Force.
>>
>>63892815
Calling Palpatine "Sheev" sounds like he's just a mischievous little wrinkly fucker that's always trolling the ever living fuck out of everyone he encounters.
>>
>>63898387
The star wars universe basically reached a technology peak where there's nothing to improve at all
>>
>>63898313
I take "What is pretty much every big bad evil guy in any table top RPG ever." for $500.

Seriously. Nerds have had Thanos in their games and fan fics since Gary Gygax made Chainmail.
>>
>>63894097
Don't forget

>Kylo saying "Snoke is Wise" when Plagueis was known as Plagueis the Wise
>>
I hope Snoke is just Plagueis in a clone body or reincarnated.

Muun Plagueis a best.
>>
oh man i wish it's plagueis he's my fav
>>
>>63894328
For you
>>
File: 1449180421943.jpg (42 KB, 514x457) Image search: [Google]
1449180421943.jpg
42 KB, 514x457
Is plagueis a joke name?
>>
>>63898889
It's the name given to him in Revenge of the Sith.
Which is a prequel.
Meaning whether or not it's a joke is entirely up to your interpretation.
>>
File: caprice.jpg (42 KB, 541x498) Image search: [Google]
caprice.jpg
42 KB, 541x498
>>63898889
the real joke here is your lack of quints, animefag
>>
>>63891118

Well, Yoda was 900 in the OT right? Well this is the new trilogy, so Snoke is 1000 because he's EVEN OLDER THAN YODA!!!

Just wait till we meet the wise Jedi Master luke met up with on that planet who's 1000000 YEARS OLD!!!!!!111
>>
>>63898889
>Vader
>Maul
>Sidious
>Tyranus
>Plagueis
It's not out of place you anime faggot
>>
>>63890737
He's a force ghost.

Sheevs master that figured out immortality
>>
maybe he couldn't get a ride to where everything was going down
>>
File: 1450228195700.jpg (15 KB, 480x267) Image search: [Google]
1450228195700.jpg
15 KB, 480x267
>>63894756
>Sheev is the real sith
>Plagueis, palpatine are just
You guys are fucking losing me with this Sheev shit. Someone said sheev was palpatine. Now wtf is this anon talking about??
>>
File: 1444070890839.gif (480 KB, 206x196) Image search: [Google]
1444070890839.gif
480 KB, 206x196
>>63897480
Please be bait
>>
>>63893266
WHAT IF HE'S THE SIZE OF A FUCKING PLANET?
HE CAN DESTROY WHOLE SOLAR SYSTEMS WITH THE FORCE!
>>
>>63900669
Sheev is love
>>
>>63900669
>he doesn't know who sheev is
Palpatine was just a spinning puppet anon.
>>
File: sheev nails the dismount.webm (759 KB, 1280x544) Image search: [Google]
sheev nails the dismount.webm
759 KB, 1280x544
>>63901229
>spinning
>the ultimate technique of the high ground
>>
>>63901229
So sheev being plageuis, killed palpatine, who was also sheev...
>>
>>63894256
Get your diversity bullshit out of here and go suck a dick.
>>
>>63897489

Isn't that what Rogue One is about?
>>
>>63890737
>alien race
>able to tell his age based on human aging process

You're trying too hard
>>
File: Sabine Wren.png (733 KB, 795x1074) Image search: [Google]
Sabine Wren.png
733 KB, 795x1074
>>63894256
You should see Rebels. Every evil imperial man/woman is fair, light hair and eyes. Every Rebel is the physical embodiment of the living, social media diversity Force right down to the mandalorian with dyed hair.

pic related, her interests include tagging so randum places with her graffiti and being strong and independent with mandalorian girl power armor
>>
>>63893432
I want all you faggots with your stupid meme shit posting to leave :)
>>
>>63892079
>Jedi announced as evil
>Vader and Palpitine do their best to dismiss the Force as a hooky religion
>>
>>63903125
all the rebels die though
>>
>>63903930
>Vader
>Doing his best at dismissing the Force as a hooky religion
>Literally goes around force choking motherfuckers left and right, in front of common officers, and blocking blaster fire like it's nothing, while advising his fleet on movements based on what he senses
I don't want to see what it's like when Vader isn't trying.
>>
>>63903125
The one thing that weirds me out is that everyone in Rebels has a weird skin color. It's like vaguely Hawaiian but not quite.
>>
>>63898889

Have you ever heard the Tragedy of Darth Bane the Big?
>>
>>63893266
WHAT IF he's not actually a hologram but a force ghost
>>
File: space-mixing.png (261 KB, 414x537) Image search: [Google]
space-mixing.png
261 KB, 414x537
>>63904576
>vaguely Hawaiian but not quite
miscegenic space-mixing
>>
How strong is Snoke supposed to be if he needs Kylo Ren for his power and is pissing himself at the thought of Luke slapping his shit?
>>
>>63904779
Vader merely adopted the dark side, Darth Bane was born into it.
>>
File: 1388381237292.jpg (117 KB, 300x900) Image search: [Google]
1388381237292.jpg
117 KB, 300x900
>>63890813
Oh, my god.
>>
>>63890813
He was training Snoke as his apprentice.
>>
>>63892533
>Where is Jar Jar during the OT
>In the Senate
>New Hope literally establishes that the Senate has been disbanded when the first Death Star was completed
>>
>>63892815
Nigga you're so new it's like being a guy entering your house and shitting where your cats shit like what the fuck get the actual FUCK out of my house you little bitch lol
>>
>>63891910
Kylo probably would whine to them about snoke giving him bad dreams as a kid
>>
>>63896426
I thought it also had to do with the Starkiller base being larger. If it had been the same size as the Death Star, there wouldn't have been enough space to come out of hyperspace between the shield and the surface, but because the Starkiller base was bigger, there was a wide enough gap that he could barely accomplish it.
>>
>>63903125

There was an ethnic looking lady in one of the imperial control rooms for the star killer, she was on screen in two shots but other than that you're right.
>>
>>63905122
He pretty much was though, there was so much POTTERY in the story of Bane's order.

Bane was born on a cortosis mining world, an indentured servant of a Republic mining corporation. His dad and everyone else fucking hated him. His dad gave him the moniker Bane because he was the bane of his existence.

Bane got the shit beat out of him by his old man one day and as he lay in bed recovering he focused his hatred on him so hard his dad had a heart attack and died. Then he got in a bar fight with Republic soldiers, killed them and got smuggled off planet, ended up a Sith trooper fighting lizard people on Trandosha when he got court marshalled for telling some retarded officer to fuck off.

The Sith who was to execute him found he was strong in the force and they trained him. Then there's a highschool drama in the novel where he ends up cucking the teacher's pet, fucking his bitch then killing him. Then he gets fed up with being surrounded by retard weaklings in Kaan's Brotherhood (who were so cucked that none of them were allowed to take the Darth title) so he seeks out ancient Sith teachings. He goes to Rakata Prime to find Revan's holocron, kills the shit out of the best swordfighter in the Sith order.

Revan's ideas and his own combine to form the rule of two in his head, then he flies off to Ruusan where the Brotherhood of Darkness and the Army of Light are locked in a final battle and teaches Lord Kaan about the Thought Bomb, Kaan, being the absolute madman he is tries to use it, fucks up and kills literally the entire Sith order except for Bane as well as thousands of Jedi.

Then Bane takes a cute loli Jedi youngling into his care to raise as his apprentice. He does some other cool shit like getting armor made of out dark side bugs later and eventually Zannah kills him and the rule of two takes off from there.
>>
>>63895667
snoke and mirrors
>>
>>63905640
The true poetry comes with Plagueis, the last of the 'rule of two' Sith. He and his master went to survey a cortosis deposit, his master thought it was a spiritual circle completing, the hatred of Bane's order was born in a cortosis mine and the grand plan was nearing completion.

Plagueis killed his master in the cortosis mine and declared that the rule of two had achieved its purpose and that he was discarding it, then he found Sheev, the chosen evil one.

There is a question though, of the Sith'ari. Think of it as the 'chosen one' of the Sith. Adas was the first, then Bane. My favorite new fan theory was that Vader was both the chosen of the Jedi and the Sith'ari and that in destroying the old order, just as Bane did, he has made room for something stronger.

But I do have my doubts that Snoke can match Sheev in pure enjoyment of evil.
>>
>>63905450
Something equivalent to "refresh rate"
>>
>>63892332
Sheev to Maul: Remember, the first and only reality of the sith; there can only be two, and you are no longer my apprentice. You have been replaced!
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 776x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 776x565
>>63891777
Trips of truth, Jurassic World was a fucking shit-show.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.