[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do flickmakers INSISTS on using full CGI characters? After
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: Maz_Kanata.png (547 KB, 500x684) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata.png
547 KB, 500x684
why do flickmakers INSISTS on using full CGI characters?

After I don't know? 30 plus years of CGI is still look like shit.
>>
>All those shitty looking puppets in TFA that have really stilted movement
Should have gone full CGI.
>>
>>63876515
Nice bait

The only things that looked bad were Snoke and Maz

I wonder why that is...
>>
>>63877582
Those were the two best looking ones though. Maz was the perfect successor to Yoda, while Snoke was legitimately terrifying and menacing.

The only bad CGI aliens were the tentacle monsters.
>>
>>63876469
By calling them flickmakers, you refuse to get into their mindset, to understand a part of cinema that's just as vital and vibrant as other ones.

The medium i calling to you. Just let it in.
>>
Was she an Asian lady?
>>
Somebody make a webm of that animal that could barely walk what you'll have a chance
>>
>>63877673
Maz looked like something straight out of GOTG.
>>
>>63877673
>Maz was the perfect successor to Yoda, while Snoke was legitimately terrifying and menacing.
Disney shills need to fuck off already. I'm getting tired of this shit.
>>
>>63877914
no she was the most beautiful race on earth (black african)
>>
>>63877582
You forgot the portions guy, the CG was shit
>>
Maz was a complete mistake and I don't see why Snoke had to be full CGI. For all their circlejerking about MUH PRACTICAL EFFECTS I really don't understand how the two most prominent new alien characters were fucking CG.
>>
>>63877673
I thought Snoke was ridiculous with that GENERAAAL
imagine if sheev interrupted people like that
>>
>>63879099
Both Maz and Snoke could have been practical effects. Star Wars uses midget all the time. Maz Kanata's face is just one round orange with goofy googles. Shouldn't be that hard to pull this one with make up on a midget.
As for Snoke, both his face and the gigantic aspect could have been done with practical effect thanks to make up, lightning and camera work.
>>
i was hoping this movie would have more practical effects like the originals. too bad
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 600x750
>Practical effects are superior to CGI

Yeah and what's with all these talkies these days am I right? Bring back the ol silent pictures I say.
>>
Maz didn't bother me
Snoke in the other hand looked like the boss orc from the hobbit
>>
>>63880434
PEte, please leave, you have gone too far in a few places and we all know it.
>>
>>63877673

> Snoke was legitimately terrifying and menacing

How old are you? Be honest.
>>
>>63879099
the one on the right looks so much better, and that's even with 1999 cgi
>>
>>63880814
It's with 2011 CGI. He was replaced only on the blu-ray release of The Phantom Menace.
>>
why didn't they just hire the guy who played simon pegg's little alien buddy in star trek 09
>>
>>63880911
Because they needed a black actress in their cast.
>>
File: laughing gervais.gif (462 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
laughing gervais.gif
462 KB, 500x281
HEAD LIKE A FUCKING ORANGE
>>
>>63880911
It should have been Warwick Davis desu
>>
>>63876469
>we want the Despicable Me audience: the character
>>
>>63876469

This.

>2002, Gollum
>2015, Maz

If even 13 years don't show apparent improvement, just try something else. Gollum was better than Maz in special effects.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.