[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
REMINDER
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10
File: prequels.png (253 KB, 608x591) Image search: [Google]
prequels.png
253 KB, 608x591
The prequels are actually better movies than the original trilogy, proven based on how both were received during the years in which they came out.

This removes groupthink and legacy bias from the equation
>>
>>63875380

TFAfags BTFO
>>
Why do you fags care about fucking Rotten Tomatoes?

Are you /v/ or something? Who the fuck cares about number? Goku had Power Level of 10 during Pilaf saga.
>>
>tpm comes out
>cant criticize it at all without people screaming ebert and friends all liked it which means I'm wrong

>tfa comes out
>cant criticize it at all without people furiously typing rt and friends all liked it which means I'm wrong

it truly is poetry
>>
People shat on Blade Runner and 2001:ASO when they came out.
>>
>>63875474
Blade Runner is shit though
>>
>>63875636

E D G E

L O R D
>>
>>63875736
Go back to imdb or /r/movies "movie buff"
>>
>>63875636
Blade Runner is considerably better than any Star Wars movie
>>
>>63875430
This, fuck RT
>>
>>63875820

Was it too boring for your feeble little mind? Do you need more explosions and jokes in your sci fi? Maybe it's you who should go back to /r/movies.
>>
Of course the older Star Wars got worse reviews it came out in the 70s and early 80s
Hollywood was producing superior mainstream films at the time

By the 90s Hollywood just stopped caring
>>
Ep1 is comfy as fuck. Unlike any of the other prequels and sequels which are pure horse shit.
>>
>>63875832
Sure, but that isn't impressive at all
>>63875922
BR is a film that plebeians flock to in awe, because they are nearly completely underexposed to cinema.

It is a film which exposes the tasteless, time after time.
>>
>>63876016

I like all the prequels to some degree but it's a toss up between Phantom Menace and Revenge of the Sheev for the better one.

OT is still superior tho.

Haven't seen TFA yet, but based on what I have seen and what I know of the entire plot. I don't feel like I'd know where to place it because it just sounds so bland.
>>
>>63876043
Hip as fuck bro
>>
>>63876043

Give me solid points then, instead of vaguely calling out the movie because it is praised widely in many critic circles. Tell me why the beautiful set pieces and hauntingly dark atmosphere aren't deserving of praise. Why the subtle story telling, the morality of the replicant vs the human, Ford's humanity himself, that manages to better the novel in every way, isn't worth applauding. Tell me what makes Ford's best performance, Ridley's best directing, and some of the greatest practical effects ever "tasteless".

Tell me without using the same vague buzzwords you used.
>>
>>63876175
If I list off the myriad reasons why Blade Runner is complete garbage will you stop liking it? Of course you won't. I won't waste my time and everyone else's. What you mean by engage in discussion with you is ''Why don't you agree with me ;__;''. If i engaged and curbstomped you thoroughly i would receive a swift retarded rebuttal full of insults (just like that one) because that's all plebeians like yourself can do when faced with people like me.

My ''elitism'' (as the insecure state so oft) is merely inherent from my ciniphilic nature and want for a better board with a better community. I mean not to startle and insult those below me, but one must pave the path ahead with the blood of the common man. And that is you.

Try IMDb, after you fail to kill yourself like you fail everything else in your pitiful life.
>>
>>63875380
Reminder than any thread with "Reminder" in the tagline is 95% likely to be a shitpost. 100% for "daily reminder" threads. Add "Reminder" to your filter list and be a happier person.
>>
>>63875380
The problem is that OPs photo is not true at all.
A New Hope and TESB both have 94% on RT.
Next time try harder to troll, OP.
>>
>>63876517
"ONLY reviews from original releases"
>>
>>63875380
>94%
>>
>>63876517
They all got re-releases and re-reviews which is what RT counts
>>
>>63876566
>94%
>>
>>63876579
94%
>>
Whats that? Standards have lowered in 20 years?
>>
People who hate the prequels fall into one of three camps.

1. Reddit teenagers who think "prequels suck" because the internet told them to think that. Their brains are literally not developed enough to form opinions outside of groupthink.

2. People who were edgelord teenagers when the prequels came out and "hated" them because they hated everything. Probably just unintelligent in most matters.

3. Baby boomers who won't accept anything but Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill.

The prequels are excellent science fiction movies. Objectively, there is no reason to dislike them.

>Jar Jar

A narrator for children. You might as well hate C3PO too.

>too much politics

Lucas was trying to explain his world and tell a story. If you're really just after POPCORN XD, there are plenty of other shitty franchises to watch.

>bad acting/dialogue

Star Wars always has had and always will have overwrought dialogue, because it is modeled as an epic. In fact, any dialogue involving the force is infinitely more ridiculous in the original trilogy.

>bad CG

It is much better than most films of the time.

The prequels are not bad movies. They are simply not STAR WARS as braindeads in the aforementioned groups understand it. Now Disney has catered to these, combined with the normie "fans" who don't know anything about Star Wars, and produced Avengers IV: Lightsabers, without an ounce of creativity.

This movie is truly bad. It is truly worse than any of the prequels. And it will truly ruin this franchise. Fuck whoever likes The Force Awakens.
>>
>attack of the clones
>higher than TPM

this is delusion
>>
>>63875380
Back then standards were higher. Now the only standard is:
>can i just turn off my brain?
>is it le fun? :^)
>>
>>63876716
This much butt blasting in one post. Never change, tv, never change. It brings me great joy reading stuff like this, knowing people will make up any excuse to redeem the prequels.
>>
Thinking of rewatching every film. Should I start with the prequels or go chronologically?
>>
File: ets.png (277 KB, 1195x770) Image search: [Google]
ets.png
277 KB, 1195x770
>>
>>63875444
>turn 40
>post on teen anime board
>>
>>63876716
You're seriously this desperate to troll people? Why not try something subtle, or something smart? This is low hanging fruit and I'm frankly disappointed in you, anon. I come here to get angry and disgusted and horny to silence that small glimmer of reddit still buried in my heart.
You achieved nothing, I couldn't even bother to read it all. It's like what you'd expect a middle schooler would write after he hears "4chan is the edgiest place on the web" on a local news broadcast.
>>
>>63876716
>If you're really just after POPCORN XD, there are plenty of other shitty franchises to watch.
HEY FAGLORD; THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY WAS 'POPCORN XD'. GENERALLY WHEN I WATCH A SEQUEL I WANT IT TO BE SIMILAR IN GENRE, TONE, AND OVERALL QUALITY TO ITS PREDECESSORS.

THE PREQUELS FAILED AS STAR WARS MOVIES AND, AS YOU SO ASTUTELY STUMBLED UPON, OTHER MOVIE FRANCHISES EXIST. IF I WANTED TO WATCH BAD PSUEDO-INTELLIGENT SCHLOCK, SCI-FI OR NOT, I WOULD AND IT SURE AS FUCK STILL WOULDN'T BE THE PREQUEL TRILOGY.

YOU ARE A COLOSSAL FAGGOT AND I WISH WOE UPON YOU.
>>
>>63875444
Your opinion is not the mass opinion
>>
>>63875444
Are you not smart enough to articulate an opinion that is neither fully positive nor fully negative?
I enjoyed parts of the movie and disliked others. I have no worry that I couldn't muster the courage to voice my taste because I'm not a little baby bitch boy.
You should try it some time.
>>
>>63876897
>can't counter anything in post
>hurr what a troll

Literally Reddit.
>>
>>63876872
You are here forever.
>>
>>63876897
what an ironic post
>>
>Using averages to prove a point without sharing the standard deviation and the median
>>
But, how many original reviews of the original trilogy are there on RT? Around 7? This doesn't seem like even remotely enough to be a relevant statistic.
>>
File: 1445536249774.jpg (134 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1445536249774.jpg
134 KB, 550x550
>>63876239
>My ''elitism'' (as the insecure state so oft) is merely inherent from my ciniphilic nature and want for a better board with a better community. I mean not to startle and insult those below me, but one must pave the path ahead with the blood of the common man. And that is you.
>>
File: Untitled.png (216 KB, 424x365) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
216 KB, 424x365
>>63875380
This is literally JUST the type of rehash I was expecting, it's nothing but a glib facsimile.

If Star Wars was all I had access to as a child in terms of sci-fi I probably would become one of those crazy fanboys, but thankfully I had access to anime from very early on in my youth years that my mental balance is very stable.

Seriously, if you have watched Akira, you'd realize just how sophisticated anime is and it blows away anything Star Wars would have to offer.

A lot of people mention Ghost In The Shell, which has just enough of sexuality in the mix to draw in the western audience I suppose but I must say that Ghost In The Shell is not even in my top 10 anime, not even close, that's just how deep the world of anime is.

Some anime is so disturbingly mature like Fractale that I wish it would challenge the system and submit it as a Drama category in the Oscars just to bitchslap the snotty Academy.

It's not just the level of maturity and sophistication anime has, it's also quite original, entertaining, and visually fantastic. I would regard anime as the highest form of cinema art-form.

But hey, me preaching about anime won't do you any good, you gotta go out and see it for yourself just how much you are missing.

The recent one I would recommend to check out is Sword Art Online which is light and easy to get into anime for the first time yet appreciate it as much, but if you want the heavy stuff right off the line check out Guilty Crown in which the plot is so complex and twisted that you'll need extra oxygen pumped into your brain in order to comprehend everything, and if you want amazing visuals and a gripping drama that also has awesome mecha battles Aldnoah.Zero is the shit.

Seriously, if you know anime like I do, Star Wars looks like it's something for little kids.
>>
>>63876073
It sounds bland because people on here are parroting the things they didnt like. Also most of those things arent even bad and people are just making it out to be
>>
File: tfa.png (137 KB, 726x212) Image search: [Google]
tfa.png
137 KB, 726x212
>>63875380
Hello reddit!
>>
>>63877482

putting aside what /tv/ autists post, the plot just sounds boring and uneventful and I feel like I'll be sitting in the theater when I do see it just thinking about how much better A New Hope probably is
>>
>>63877371
Literally reddit the post: the Movie.

>akira
>>
File: 1450306416848.png (160 KB, 754x411) Image search: [Google]
1450306416848.png
160 KB, 754x411
>>63877492
hello /v/eddit!
>>
>>63876716
>you might as well hate c3po
but i do
>>
File: pepe sur.jpg (67 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
pepe sur.jpg
67 KB, 396x385
>>63877637
>completely unremarkable childhood: the movie
wooow, how mesmerizing!!!! jesus christ, Boyhood can go fuck itself.
>>
>>63876787
>The Island
>Bad movie
Oh look another "LE MICHAEL BAY IZ BAD MAYMAY Ledditor
>>
>>63877787
Better than TFA you disgusting frog posting /v/edditer
>>
>>63875380
>shitty online review sites are proof of how good movies are
>>
>>63878550
Only if its the movie you like though
>>
>>63876073
It's not bland, but the best thing you can say about it is "it's a Star Wars movie". It's one of those movies that starts out pretty good for the first half, then peeters out and it gets worse the more you start to think about what you just watched once it's over.
>>
>>63875430

>why does 4chan care about being spoon fed opinions

Welcome to 4chan! You may consider visiting the Video Games board as well!
>>
File: IMG_20151219_233205.jpg (189 KB, 720x871) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151219_233205.jpg
189 KB, 720x871
>>63877492
Hello /plebbit/
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.