[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>capeshit is kill thank you based star wars!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 1450192646501.png (94 KB, 483x400) Image search: [Google]
1450192646501.png
94 KB, 483x400
>capeshit is kill
thank you based star wars!
>>
>>63874330
Neo-SW IS capeshit
>>
The era of capeshit is no more. All hail the era of spaceshit.
>>
>>63874386
Pretty much this.
After it's made by Disney like all marvelshit.
In a few years I expect a crossover with the Avengers.
>>
But TFA is the Marvelization of the Star Wars universe/franchise and thats why most of its fans here are from /v/ and /co/

>Star Wars: Deflecting blaster bolts.
>Marvel: Freezing blaster bolts in mid air.

>Star Wars: Droids are machines. If they're carrying secret plans, any technician can extract those plans.
>Marvel: Droids can place themselves in "low-power" mode and then you can't get any intel out of them until they magically come back (when the writer needs them to).

>Star Wars: Light sabers are tools or weapons. In Episode 4, Luke picks up his father's light saber, switches it on and... cool shiny blue energy weapon.
>Marvel: Rey touches Luke's light saber and gets a bunch of (magical) Luke-related force visions.

>Star Wars: The force involves training, requires an instructor, and takes time to develop.
>Marvel: The force is a super power that manifests in response to some traumatic event and transforms you in a dramatic instant--just when you really need it.

>Star Wars: "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
>Marvel: Sure they've got a big planetary defense shield, but we're going to travel through it in hyperspace and come out of hyperspace between the shield and the planet. On my mark Chewy, one, two, three, now!

>Star Wars: General Solo leads a sizable Rebel Ops team to Endor to infiltrate the base and lower the shields so that the fighters can destroy the super weapon.
>Marvel: Old General Solo takes a wookiee and one grunt to do the same.

>Star Wars: The Death Star.
>Marvel: Star Killer Base.

>Star Wars: Light saber duels end when somebody loses a limb or two (or three).
>Marvel: People get hit with light sabers regularly, and they take a dramatic pause to reflect on the situation. The duel only ends when a seismic event creates a big chasm between the two combatants.
>>
>>63874717
>Star Wars: Droids are machines. If they're carrying secret plans, any technician can extract those plans.
>Marvel: Droids can place themselves in "low-power" mode and then you can't get any intel out of them until they magically come back (when the writer needs them to).
Did they try turning it off and on again?
>>
>>63874330
Why do people hate comic book movies again? I never had a problem with them.
>>
>>63874812
I don't really care one way or another but I find it funny how it's now normal to watch them but people still tell video game players and anime fans to grow up.

Although I find it crazy how many cape movies are being made now. I can't even keep up with them.
>>
>>63874717
>Star Wars: "Traveling through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star or bounce too close to a supernova, and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it?"
>Marvel: Sure they've got a big planetary defense shield, but we're going to travel through it in hyperspace and come out of hyperspace between the shield and the planet. On my mark Chewy, one, two, three, now!

This really is my favourite part, because it fucking obliterates the entirety of Return of the Jedi.

>From the start, the Rebels' plan was to send fighters into the Death Star through that shaft, and blow it up from the inside.
>Their fighters have hyperdrives
>Hyperdrives can go through shields according to TFA
>They could have left their fleet back hope, sent only the fighters, and then hyperspaced their entire fighter compliment inside the shield of the Death Star, meaning said fighters would have been perfectly safe from any imperial defense forces, since said defense fleet would have to be outside the shield, meaning the Death Star's shield would at this point be also shielding the Rebel fighters
>They could just fly in, blow up the Death Star, and hyperspace out of the shield when they are done

Why the fuck did the Rebels risk their entire fleet again? Why did they bother with the shield generator?

Infact, Luke could have saved his father too!
>Go to Endor
>Resist arrest
>Wait for Vader to fuck on down to the surface
>Have a nice long chat with daddy dearest while the rebels make their move
>Death Star blows up
>"Hey dad? About that 'You can destroy the Emperor' thing you said last time? Well, he's dead. Can we go fishing now?"
>>
>>63874330
TFA is as debased as the capeshit.
>>
>>63874717
>Star Wars: The force involves training, requires an instructor, and takes time to develop.
>Marvel: The force is a super power that manifests in response to some traumatic event and transforms you in a dramatic instant--just when you really need it.

This killed the movie for me. I was enjoying it right up until Rey had to battle Ren. Ren has had years of training with the only jedi in the galaxy and has unbelievable powers and yet get's his ass handed to him by some bint who has just now picked up a lightsaber and only started to use the force that same day.

It clanged so much for me.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.