[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Forgive me, I've felt it again. The calling to the Light.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9
File: kylo vader's helmet.jpg (90 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
kylo vader's helmet.jpg
90 KB, 1401x788
>Forgive me, I've felt it again. The calling to the Light.

>Show me once more, the Power of the Darkness.

>Nothing will stand in our way. I will finish what you started, Grandfather.

Anybody else felt like this was oddly poetic, heartfelt and creepy at the same time?
>>
I liked how he stabbed Han just as the sun went out in the background. As Poe had said earlier "As long as there is light, we still have a chance."
>>
>>63868408
>>63868443
Gay.

Mom's gonna freak.
>>
he's the most millennial villain of all time
>>
Is it me or looking up to Darth Vader as a super sith is kind of shit? He did after all fail the dark side and was the reason why empire fell.
>>
>>63868408
I liked his character a lot. Honestly Kylo Ren stood out the most in a sea of bland one dimensional characters, he just seemed like the most real person there. The only gripe I had is that he seemed a little weak in the ending confrontation. Yeah you could say he was injured by chewbacca or emotionally compromised but it kinda let your expectations down of the character.
>>
>>63868408
Never under estimate the autism of Star Wars nerds. Shit writing, crap plot, poor acting, what was once cannon is btfo. Movie hailed as great. Once the nostalgia wears off the nerds will realize it's garbage. The key to its success so far is nostalgia.
>>
>>63868675
EU was never canon
>>
>>63868608
He's an amateur, its what makes his character interesting. Plus getting shot then fighting two people, Rey knows how to fight with that Staff and I guess Finn could have trained with that shock sword weapon thing as a stormtrooper.
>>
>>63868408
No, because we don't know WHY he feels a calling to the light or how he experiences guidance from his grandfather.

It was a nice try, but having him say it rather than showing us isn't so compelling.
>>
>>63868408
>I want to be evil but I have these urges to save cats from trees and help old ladies with groceries

The character makes no sense.
You could say pure evil characters also make no sense cause in real life nobody is truly all evil, but Abrams and Kasdan really take the retardness to the next level. It's a reversal of the old bad guy tries do do good, but it doesn't really work in this direction.
>>
>>63868841
>Be a descendant of the most powerful lineage of force-users
>Have a shitton of expectations placed on you
>Be a naturally tempermental child
>Fail to reach those expectation due to being psychologically a poor fit for the light side
>Feel crushing failure and disappointment
>Get contacted by an alien who tells you you actually have massive potential, but you're following the wrong path
>Turn to the dark side so you could stop feeling like a failure
>Still have pangs of guilt because you're an actual person and not a cardboard cutout
>>
>>63868745
While show don't tell is usually a better method of story telling, in this case it's to make you question what the hell he's talking about, especially since you know his grandfather's force ghost to be a pure light side from the previous episode. The mystery is part of his character.
>>
>>63868558
People don't know that. Only Luke knows that.
>>
File: han_eye_roll.gif (443 KB, 500x175) Image search: [Google]
han_eye_roll.gif
443 KB, 500x175
>>63868723
EU was literally always canon

The only rule of the canon was that no specific piece of media could contradict anything that came before it, and if it did it wasn't canon

So based off of that rule, everything Disney does is non-canon

Disney BTFO
>>
>>63869928
Except that Disney owns all of it now and they said none of that shit is canon.
>>
That scene was awkward as hell.
His relationship with Han was not fleshed out in a way that makes you care about them, it seems like they only made him Han's son so that they would have an excuse to put him in the movie for fans.
Him #reking Han was hilarious and was too forced to be anything but rather silly.
Kylo Ren got his ass whooped by two complete noobies who never held light sabers before (one of whom was not even force sensitive)
Almost every line they use to display Ren's inner turmoil and frustration just boils down to UHHH THE LIGHT
>>
>>63870196

Cept they are now reprinting most of it under the 'legends' title cause it makes them money.
>>
>>63869928
No there's a hierarchy of canonity, the movies ALWAYS come first, if anything contradicts the movies then it is non canon, then they use the rule you said.
>>
>>63868408
CRAAAAAAAAWLING IIIIIIIIIN MYYYYYYYYYY SKIIIIIIIIIIIIIN

THESE WOUUUUUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAAAAAAAAAL
>>
>>63868739
>Finn could have trained with that shock sword weapon thing as a stormtrooper
First Star Wars film?
>>
>>63870393
>We want the kingdom hearts audience
>>
File: image.jpg (139 KB, 582x625) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
139 KB, 582x625
>>63868675
I watched Star Wars first time 3 years ago, and I still like it. There's no nistalgia making me like it, I just genuinely like it
>>
so why was darth vader showing kylo the dark side? didn't he become a good guy again after dying?
>>
>>63870924
It's all in Kylo's head.
>>
File: 1431263562193.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1431263562193.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>light side

feels too catholic, i liked how the force was just some mysterious form of chi energy before
>>
File: Cage.gif (2 MB, 220x190) Image search: [Google]
Cage.gif
2 MB, 220x190
>>63870812
kid, go back to school
or to reddit ;^]
>>
>>63868408
Didn't they burn Vader without his mask? Why has the mask been burnt and fused to his skull? Why doesn't he know that Vader killed the emperor, does he assume Luke left the death star with no survivors?
>>
>>63868408
>>63868408

The dark sith lord Jar Jar will reveal himself in Episode 9.

Also Rey looks like a poor man's version of Tori Black.
>>
>>63871035
>>63871035
The term light side never appeared in the movies before. For Lucas there was just the Force which had a dark side. The non-dark side is its natural state, and the dark side was a perversion or corruption of it, not an equal alternate state. Bringing balance of the force meant removing the dark side.

But the EU books and games went with the light and dark side dichotomy, mainly for roleplaying and powers. And that was what won out with the new movies.
>>
>>63871268
thanks for the info senpai, i knew it seemed odd whenever they mentioned it
>>
File: image.jpg (122 KB, 665x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
122 KB, 665x1000
>>63868408
Wait, did Vader tell him to kill his dad?
>>
>>63868745

I have a feeling that Kylo Ren didn't choose the dark side but was literally brainwashed by Snoke. The call of the light side is his old self trying to fight off Snokes influence.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 400x400
Who are the Knights exactly? Are they a known entity at this point?

Will Howard Shore do the soundtrack next, or is Williams up to it?

http://youtu.be/IoSuyUFiEYo
>>
>>63871268
At first the EU and games (mostly the pen and paper rpg) didn't do that. That came after The Thrawn Trilogy. Or after Dark Empire. I can't remember. I think it came after DE because Luke goes to the DS in that one.
>>
>>63868675
I'm beyond tired of being disappointed in these Sequels; even some-what disappointed, that I think I'll refrain from seeing the TFA.
>>
Why was Snoke so shit?
>>
>>63871494
Generic evill dude.

Well I guess so was Sheev in ESB and ROTJ, but he had an air of mystery about him, Then he was one of the better parts of the prequels.

But when they pull the mystery card again, you just get tired of it. Who and where was he and why should he matter?

1-6 was the era of Sheev playing puppet master, just as it was the Vader saga. Didn't start that way but it became that. Now they're both gone, so now what?
>>
>>63871423
>Luke goes to the DS in that one
>I'll never go to the Dark Side
>Lucas approved this

A Palpatine clone without the same"soul" bred by Moffs would be better than Snoke.

(Then have an Anakin clone in Luke's crew)
>>
File: original.jpg (16 KB, 480x208) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
16 KB, 480x208
>>63868408
He literally spends all his time looking at the colossal failure that is "The Sith" and yet chooses to be a Sith... he is also the worst Sith ive ever seen...
>>
>>63871418
Fucking this, I watched of the videos leading up to the movie and people were talking about "the knights of ren".

These motherfuckers are literally in a flashback sequence and do fuck all for the entire movie.
>>
>>63868408
Not a fan of how is hair sticks out in the back, apart from that. Cool character.
>>
>>63871395
Doesn't matter, he can't be redeemed like Vader since he crossed a line Vader died over.
>>
>>63871324
snoke did
>>
>>63871860
he can still be redeemed. he just won't be going home to mom with open arms. he'll exile himself or die.
>>
>>63871395
He want to become powerfull and to do that, you have to go to the dark side. So he chose that way. He really wanted to, that's why he killed his father.
I don't think Snoke had to trick him with "you can save & protect the people you love with the dark side ".
>>
What exactly did Darth Vader start?
>>
>>63871418
>That one on the right pretending to piss into the snow
Probably spelling his name with his lightsaber and everything
>>
>>63871996
No

Vader didn't cross that line
Revan didn't cross that line
Even Maul didn't cross that line
Sheev crossed that line and look what happened
>>
>>63872031
The fire
>>
>>63872057
Maul's brother crossed that line and look what happened.
>>
>>63872057
don't know what point you're trying to make. he won't go full light side and go off training younglings until he's old. he'll possibly make choices in the sequels that is beneficial to his family or the resistance and disappear or die in the process.
>>
I think instead of just redoing the Battle of Yavin IV, they should have spent more time showing off their new mysterious concepts like the Knights and building up the Star Killer

Spend the first 2 movies hyping up a weapon that can destroy whole systems rather than show it off and destroy it without a care
>>
>>63868950
This.
Also in keeping with how things are in real life. In order to get normal people to kill without hesitation for example, an army has to dehumanize them, break them in order to build them up and make the enemy an "other" for them not to think to much about. And even then, many struggle with PTSD when they return home from conflict.
This is why warrior tribes put on masks and have all these rituals before going into war, this is why propaganda exits to turn the enemy into a cartoonist other, more animal than human: We functioning humans inherently don't want to be evil or hurt one another. And that's what's Kylo is struggling with, his own inherent nature that screams at him that what he's doing is wrong.
>>
>>63872380
>Spend the first 2 movies hyping up a weapon that can destroy whole systems rather than show it off and destroy it without a care

i actually liked that they did this with the first movie in the trilogy. get it out of the way so they can move on with the story with new settings instead of dragging it along in the next movies until the last 30 minutes are it blowing up.
>>
>>63871440
>basing your opinions off of some angry dink's rant about how his comics aren't canon anymore
pleb
>>
>>63872388
That's not even true. That book everyone cites, On Killing, was based on fabricated information.

Killing is natural, and humans automatically dehumanize the people they kill. Whether someone suffers PTSD or not just depends on them. Some people are totally unaffected just because of their psychology.
>>
>>63872580

It completely neutered the main antagonists though.
>>
>expect him to be a wannabe Darth Vader
>that's actually the point of his character

he also managed to ruse me at the end when he started to hand over his lightsaber to Han but nope, he's a little shit. Not the best villain but he was better than expected.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.