[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why wasnt shutter island shat on for being a less original memento,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: shutter island.jpg (101 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
shutter island.jpg
101 KB, 480x720
why wasnt shutter island shat on for being a less original memento, though it's much younger?

the core plot of both match each other exactly:
mentally ill guy is looking for the murderer of his wife while it's actually himself but he tricks himself into thinking he wasn't so he can keep looking and doesn't have to confront what he has done, accompanied by someone who knows about everything and wants to help him realize what he has done and get over it.

memento's story telling structure isn't only way better, also the chosen amnesia condition makes much more sense to keep the denial realistic
>>
It didn't run backwards
>>
>>63867966
so fncher just watched memento and though to himself "man that's hard to follow, I'll put it in the right order and watch it again"
>>
Because nobody wanted to criticize Scorsese for making a turd.
>>
>>63868003
>Fincher
>>
File: 1900.png (485 KB, 853x354) Image search: [Google]
1900.png
485 KB, 853x354
>>63868003
>fncher
>>
>>63868026
>>63868045
my bad, of course it was scorsesee, I was just reading something about fightclub
>>
>>63868064
Shutter Island is based on a novel you twat
>>
>>63867935

I couldn't stand it. The most predictable thriller I've ever watched. And it was filmed on the most ridiculous sound stage. That boat scene on the way in with the 300/CGI sky...

Scorsese is a hack.
>>
>>63868095
does it really matter if he chose unoriginal source material or if he "came up" with it by himself?
>>
>>63868173

Yes. His best works are original, except maybe Raging Bull.
>>
>>63868173
It matters when you throw around shit like "hurr memento was 2deep4him so he came up with his own shit"
>>
>>63868199
I'm not talking about scorsese being a bad director, I'm talking about shutter island being extremely superfluous
>>
>>63868263

I think I'm trying to say he avoids that kind of shit when he does an original screenplay, but you're totally right.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.