[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why do we hate christopher Nolan?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: 1.jpg (347 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
347 KB, 1680x1050
why do we hate christopher Nolan?
>>
>>63864724
For the shitty scripts in his flicks.
>>
>>63864724
He's too big.
>>
zero depth
all his movies are boring to rewatch because the tweeest is the entire movie
>>
>>63864770
I've watched memento like 5 times and I still think it's pretty cool
>>
>>63864724
>hating on the Prophet that wrote the book of Bane
Fucking blasphemous cunts each and everyone of you.
>>
>>63864724
He's a glib facsimile of David Fincher
>>
>>63864724
>Inception
It's like the 13th Floor with less imagination, which was like Dreamscape with less imagination.
>>
All his movies are the most contrived things I've ever seen.
>>
Hack whose reputation is due to Wally Pfister's lens choices
>>
Batman Begins and Memento are the only actually good scripts he's ever worked with, and despite some occasionally impressive visuals, his actual direction is nothing to call home about. I honestly think people only like him because of how conceptually ambitious he is and how good he is at pacing his poorly written movies to hide their flaws.
>>
i liked most of his movies but interstellar was just god awful
>>
>>63865013
i could swing around that neutron star...
>>
File: image.jpg (161 KB, 727x1062) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
161 KB, 727x1062
>>63864724
He should make another British movie in the film noir vein. Maybe a sequel to Inception with a slightly different supporting cast?

I wish Miramax would trust him with the sequel to Restoration - Merivel.
>>
>>63864822
I wish I had his permission to die.

For you, buddy, for you.
>>
ARTICLE - OVERRATED: CHRISTOPHER NOLAN!!!FACT!!! http://247365hatemachine.blogspot.ca/2015/02/overrated-christopher-nolanfact.html
>>
>>63864971
rewatched Inception yesterday with some plebs
they all loved it but I just could not get excited. The camera and the scenes were just boring.
I always like to think if one turned it into a book it would achieve the same effect, which is just poor for a movie.
>>
>>63865416
His movies aren't exactly Comfortcore, but they tend to have a nice 'bookending' effect.
>>
When will this joke cease?
>>
Because inception was shit
>>
>>63864724
Because he's popular among pseudo intellectuals
Which isweird because Nolan doesn't consider himself any kind of visionary
>>
Ellen Page gets Smurfette’d in Inception as her character is the only female dream team member, of course it's bad and extremely tiring of a cliché
>>
>>63864724
I liked Inception but I still have the same feeling I had the first time I saw it even after watching it 5 times.
Theres so much fucking mindless action. Holyshit this Tom Hardy guy was a guy whose specialty is suppose to be making his face look different in peoples dreams.
He end up killing a fucking army in the Snow level.
The characters were action heroes, bullets practically avoided them shooting scene. The movie has many "smart" things but its brought down by so much stupid shooting.
Also the girl was named Ariadne as in the woman in greek mythology who helped Perseus escape the minotaur labyrinth with her yarn, so its like dreams = labyrinth echh
>>
>>63867111
Also weird because 4chan is full of pseudo intellectuals.
>>
File: 22.jpg (187 KB, 512x702) Image search: [Google]
22.jpg
187 KB, 512x702
>>63864724
such a visionary
such a original script
so good
>>
Hating Nolan movies is just contrarian.
Sometimes the scripts are not pristine but it's not nearly bad enough to warrant disliking his movies.
I think /tv/ just hates everything due to their own shortcomings in life so they just slowly become misanthropes and cynical on anonymous imageboards.
>>
>>63867886
I dont hate his films but i do think hes hightly over rated.
>>
>>63867727
haha there's little connection besides "muh dreams".
>>
>>63867886
/tv/'s favourite director is Cameron and he's about as popular as it gets lad
>>
>>63864724
So that we can learn to pick ourselves back up.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.