[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the point of these? Edge factor? Are they not extremely
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9
File: 8b73741c.jpg (232 KB, 493x768) Image search: [Google]
8b73741c.jpg
232 KB, 493x768
What is the point of these? Edge factor? Are they not extremely impractical?
>>
>>63863306
You think that's bad...wait until you see Snokes staff saber.
>>
>>63863306
>Are they not extremely impractical?

No because he was using them in a practical way against Finn. Their lightsabers were locked and he twisted it to burn Finn.
>>
File: zZOeos6.jpg (264 KB, 1460x789) Image search: [Google]
zZOeos6.jpg
264 KB, 1460x789
>>63863381
>>
In story reason: it's a shittily put together saber using a cracked Crystal, so it has to have side vents to take care of the energy being thrown chaotically.

Actually reason: It's suppose to look cool.
>>
>>63863381
>Lightsaber naginata

DO WANT.
>>
>>63863381
>>63863407
this is cool af
>>
>>63863306

Kylo Ren is very, very powerful, but has no control or refinement of that power. Similarly his lightsaber emulates that idea of "overflowing" and unrestrained power.
>>
Unstable, broken Lightsaber crystal so they're vents to keep it from exploding more than anything. He uses it to burn Finn and break a saber lock at one point though.
>>
>>63863383
Yeah but that was just a plot device. In any real circumstance he would hurt himself with those things sticking out
>>
>>63863474

Not with the Force on his side. :^)
>>
>>63863474

And he does. In his fight with Rey, she forces the blade down and the crossguard into his shoulder.
>>
>>63863306

The deal with light sabers in Star Wars is each light Saber is a representation of the Jedi/Sith personality.

Ren is a very rage filled character and it's apparent with the way his beam seems like fire. The hilt can be just a cool beam hilt or how the character is torn between light and dark. Two beams going each way.
>>
They seem completely impractical, but at least they justified a possible upside of having them (burning finn in the light saber fight when they were locked up).
>>
>>63863474
The Force, nigga.
>>
>>63863381
>giant lightsaber
that actually sounds boss as fuck. like imagine darth mauls saber but instead of double edged it was just like twice as long as normal
>>
>>63863532
It's like poetry.
>>
File: img0302ajpg-5c4de9_765w.jpg (130 KB, 765x1020) Image search: [Google]
img0302ajpg-5c4de9_765w.jpg
130 KB, 765x1020
>>63863306
His lightsaber is basically a broken piece of shit because Luke didn't trust him enough to give him a real lightsaber. The reason it has a "cross guard" is because the Kaibur crystal inside is fractured because since didn't cut it correctly. That is also the reason why it looks unstable, like a big beam of fire. It even has a damn external jumper wire on it because Kylo can't solder for shit.
>>
File: raidsaber.jpg (133 KB, 640x407) Image search: [Google]
raidsaber.jpg
133 KB, 640x407
>>63863451
I wounder who will do the fight scenes...
>>
>>63863524
Kylo also uses it to break Finn down when they're locked, it was used in a practical way for sure.

I loved Kylo's fighting style. It was so violent. There was so much heaviness in his thrusts
>>
he's a christian guy
>>
>>63863306
I mean he actually used those things in the movie to damage Finn, so it got some mileage.
>>
>>63863306
It happened all the time in the prequels that someone lost his hand in a saberfight. Wouldn't have happened if they would have had those. That's why real swords have them
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (207 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
207 KB, 1280x720
>>63863407
Are you sure the pic on the right isn't from the set of Star Citizen? Serkis is probably playing a Vanduul.
>>
>>63863306
It was actually pretty good.
>>
>>63863565

Where the fuck did you draw this conclusion from?
>>
>>63863637
But the toy man! The TOY!

>>63863381
>>
>>63863658
There's an official cutaway image of Kylo's saber with descriptions that's been making the rounds in the threads, but I can't find it right now.
>>
>>63863601
for you
>>
>>63863306

they aren't crossguards, they're like exit ports for excess energy, you can tell the saber is nigger-rigged from how it spits out sparks and quivers a little
>>
Why did TR-8R have an anti-lightsaber weapon? Why would a stormtrooper need something like that?
>>
do you shitheads not get the obvious symbolism?

it's an upside down cross.

you know, the antithesis of christ.
>>
>>63863637
To be honest an hold snake like dude caring around a seemingly useless walking staff only for it to turn into a lightsaber spear is pretty sith.
>>
>>63863306
He uses it to maim Finn during their fight.
He uses it to break a lock with Rey.
Rey uses it to injure him during their second lock.
>>
>>63863724
P O T T E R Y
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>63863724
>religion
>star wars

please go
>>
>>63863770
Han Solo said "I'll see you in hell".
>>
>>63863720
Theyre hunting Luke Skywalker. Why do you think?
>>
>>63863770

>episode 4
>your sad devotion to that ancient religion

btfo
>>
File: 1336673965410.jpg (73 KB, 263x207) Image search: [Google]
1336673965410.jpg
73 KB, 263x207
>>63863724
>upside-down cross
>antithesis of christ

Look up the Cross of Peter, you idiot.
>>
File: squadron-42-screenshots-15.jpg (67 KB, 1100x733) Image search: [Google]
squadron-42-screenshots-15.jpg
67 KB, 1100x733
>>63863679
Coincidence. The toy is probably of the old (non-canon) version of Plagueis. Serkis is in Squadron 42 which just wrapped up shooting a few months ago, and the "hero footage" for S42 was shot at Serkis' mocap studio because he has the best setup in the world. I would not be at all surprised if the footage of Snoke was shot in his studio as well, with the exact same equipment. In addition to being an accomplished actor, Serkis is an entreprenuer in the field of performance capture and his studio does lots of work with big movies like Star Wars as well as big video games like Star Citizen.

The developer of Star Citizen has their own, less advanced mocap studio that will be used for the creation of new content for the MMO component of the game. Pretty much when anyone needs really detailed performance capture done these days though, Serkis' studio is the first place they go to since he keeps up with all the latest equipment.
>>
>>63863845

yes. it's used as an anti-christ symbol.

how dumb are you? do you have issues at the store sorting change?
>>
>>63863872
serious question. Is star citizen going to be the greatest game of all time? They have gotten so much money and it doesn't seem to stop.

The worlds best actors, the worlds greatest technology in video games and motion capture.

I'm hyped as fuck
>>
>>63863306
no bc they are exhaust ports
>>
>>63863790
>Han Solo said "I'll see you in hell".
Hell is a concept in the Star Wars universe. Some EU material suggests that it's an actual place where the spirits of people who were close to the dark side end up going when they die. It's described as being just a big swirling vortex of negative emotions, while the light side equivalent is returning one's energy to the force and experiencing eternal peace and harmony.
>>
>people still are not accepting that snoke IS plaguis
Beyond delusional.
>>
>>63863381
is that a plagueis figure?
>>
>>63863985
is that why satan is in star wars?
>>
>>63863306
> they not extremely impractical

kinda, but he doesn't have a choice

this is why he wanted luke's lightsaber
>>
>>63863306
when they clash their swords, he can push forward and jab one of those things into them. he actually does this against Fin
>>
I figured because he was part of the 'Knights' of Ren the cross guard made it look like something a medieval night would use (obvious I know) or it was stylised as part of the Knights of Rens symbolism/style assuming they are some kind of religious group (Kylo mentioning 'cult of the light', etc).
>>
>>63863925
There's a lot of shitposting against it on /v/ but the latest build of the game shows a lot of promise for the future. At the very least I'm expecting that Squadron 42 will be a well executed single current-generation Wing Commander style game. The MMO portion of the game is where the bigger challenges lie since the Cry Engine had to be overhauled to work with an MMO, but it's looking promising. They just recently showed off their ability to make procedural generated planets that the player can seamlessly fly down to from space and explore freely, and that is a huge step for the project.

Honestly I've had more fun with the buggy, limited alpha build of Star Citizen than I did with the supposedly "finished" Battlefront from EA. If they can actually pull it off it'll be the Star Wars game I've always dreamed of in everything but name.
>>
i still cannot get over how fucking stupid it looks.

- yes, he cuts fin's shoulder with the crossguard but he definitely didn't need to use it. felt like JJ needed to have that scene to justify having it
- the whole he's a noob at building lightsabers thing contradicts the fact that he's pretty good at everything else (mind reading, stopping laser blasts in mid air, sense of perception)
>>
>>63864414
Where was it ever written that all light sabers had to be the same?

He just wants fucking cross guards. Shit man!
>>
>>63863598

Exactly this. When they're locked in against each other, he has the advantage of twisting the lightsaber into whoever he's fighting.
>>
>>63863770
but you realize that Anakin can be seen as a metaphor of Jesus Christ with his mother giving birth to him without a father and him being "the one"
>>
>>63863306
Did you even watch the fucking movie? They were used to burn their opponents shoulders.
>>
>>63863407

Everyone pulls this pic out,

but i'm confident its from Planet of the Apes
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.