[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this really got to me. can anyone recommend similar? I dig Antonioni
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 637x520) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 637x520
this really got to me. can anyone recommend similar? I dig Antonioni also and he's a huge influence on this film cinematography wise
>>
>>63863295
star wars the force awakens
>>
>>63863295
this is one of my favorite movies desu, one of the comfiest films ever made.

Lost in Translation is obviously similar but it doesn't have that same detached feeling, which is what i love about Somewhere, and is what critics and people in general tend to hate about it.
>>
>>63863488
The detached feeling is what makes Somewhere un-comfy as hell

Without the nice soundtrack or intimacy with Bill Murray and ScarJo it's really fucking depressing and kind of scary because of how believably empty everything is
>>
>>63863295
I thought it was great too, and I was kind of apprehensive because Marie Antoinette was horse shit but yeah loved it. Virgin Suicides for more Coppola.

Broken Flowers is probably the most similar film I can think of if you haven't seen it.
>>
>>63863775
I have, and I loved it. I love Jarmusch, especially early Jarmusch.
>>
>>63863887
Yeah word. Have you seen Fishing with John? You might like that, not really like Somewhere though.
>>
>>63863753
I agree it's extremely depressing but I still think it's comfy as fuck.

It's comfy in an introspective almost self-loathing sort of way. Great movie to watch if you're drunk and depressed. It's hard to explain why
>>
try duras's films not the same but you might like her too
>>
>>63864042
>It's hard to explain why
it is not hard. it means that you are a hedonist and are rubbish at hedonism since you cannot avoid boredom, which makes freak out any hedonist.

read heidegger instead of diving into pleb entertainment.
>>
>>63863295
My nigga
Dumping
>>
>>63864797
>>
>>63864840
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.